Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Off Topic Thread & Off Topic Thread II - Collectors Edition Bumper Pack

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

Afternoon lads, the UFC is comin to Dublin in january,

what or who is UFC?

irishbird wrote: »
    what or who is UFC?

It's more of a lads thing IB. Dudes in a cage beating the sh1te outta each other basically!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

How's Brock Lesnar doing these days Neil? I saw his debut, all 30 seconds of it anyway :pac:

It's more of a lads thing IB. Dudes in a cage beating the sh1te outta each other basically!

are you serious ? LOL, i could go to something like but i dont think its des's cup of tea

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭ibh

Is that nutcase Tank Abbott still in UFC???

I might look into going to that. Most of the fights end up as a grappling match. I'd be more of a fan of a nice loose traveller bare knuckle fight.

What was the name of that crazy Croatian guy from ufc or Pride? I remember seeing a few videos of him on youtube....INSANE!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

I am not mad into that UFC lark but I will pass the word on as a few mates are mad into it.

On a similar note I was at one of those white collar boxing nights a couple of weeks ago it was good crack.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,846 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Afternoon lads, the UFC is comin to Dublin in january.

Where when and how much!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

I like bunnies, pink ones that are fluffy.

Trilla wrote: »
    Where when and how much!?

See This Thread

• Advertisement

afternoon Boys,

so how are we all this afternoon

Des wrote: »
    I like bunnies, pink ones that are fluffy.

well hello there, big boy

afternoon Boys,

so how are we all this afternoon

Fine and your good self..?

Wow. Okay here goes:

- Brock won his second fight against Heath herring via diominant decision. He's now getting a title shot against randy Couture in November.

- poor show Des, watch men hurt each other, its very butch!!

- Tank Abbott is long gone. the days of bar fighters succeeding in the sport are long gone. most guys now are elite level athletes who could do well in any combat art, i e theyre really well rounded.

- Ibh you're likely to see more standup than grappling nowadays. i personally find grappling really interesting since Ive been doing it myself years. Ive been doing the striking arts now for 2 years and I know a bit more about it but a technical grappling match is amazing.

- The Croatian guy in PRIDE is Mirko Crocop. In his prime an absolute phenomenon. Saw him fight in London, he looked washed up and he lost. He fought 2 weeks ago in japan to a no contest. he was gettin schooled but the other guy (Alaistar Overeem) kept kneein him in the balls (accidentally) so it was a no contest.

- Its on jan 17th in the O2. No idea about tickets yet but I'll let ya's know. Thread in the SDMA forum, go there to keep up to date! :pac:

Dub13 wrote: »
    Fine and your good self..?

i am very well thank you very much
    Wow. Okay here goes:

- Brock won his second fight against Heath herring via diominant decision. He's now getting a title shot against randy Couture in November.

- poor show Des, watch men hurt each other, its very butch!!

- Tank Abbott is long gone. the days of bar fighters succeeding in the sport are long gone. most guys now are elite level athletes who could do well in any combat art, i e theyre really well rounded.

- Ibh you're likely to see more standup than grappling nowadays. i personally find grappling really interesting since Ive been doing it myself years. Ive been doing the striking arts now for 2 years and I know a bit more about it but a technical grappling match is amazing.

- The Croatian guy in PRIDE is Mirko Crocop. In his prime an absolute phenomenon. Saw him fight in London, he looked washed up and he lost. He fought 2 weeks ago in japan to a no contest. he was gettin schooled but the other guy (Alaistar Overeem) kept kneein him in the balls (accidentally) so it was a no contest.

- Its on jan 17th in the O2. No idea about tickets yet but I'll let ya's know. Thread in the SDMA forum, go there to keep up to date! :pac:

you really need to get a little bit more tbh

you really need to get a little bit more tbh

Ask Des to tell ya all about Shelbourne's seasons the last few years and he could do just as thorough a job! :pac:

Can we call you pfb now?

Ask Des to tell ya all about Shelbourne's seasons the last few years and he could do just as thorough a job! :pac:

Can we call you pfb now?

no, you can call me pinky.

why in gods name would say anything like that to Des, i would lose the will to live

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

wats up with the name change IB?

no, you can call me pinky.

why in gods name would say anything like that to Des, i would lose the will to live

Im callin ya pfb.

To prove a point! Come on Des!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

Mr Alan wrote: »
    wats up with the name change IB?

She must have got sick of Irish Bint, it will be Pink Fluffy Bint from now on.

Kings of Leon new album is tha doggs bollox!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

apart from "Seventeen", which insults my ear drums, and "Crawl", you are correct.

Caught by the sig police :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭Im_No_Superman

apart from "Seventeen", which insults my ear drums, and "Crawl", you are correct.
    Seventeen is God awful, the rest of the album isnt bad though.

Man such a **** day out, cold, windy and wet, never a good combination!

The lack of last poster name on the front page is a real pain, hope they bring that back.

Caught by the sig police :o

They are like the SS.

• Advertisement

17 is the worst but I've heard worse. I like Crawl tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

Came across this .gif on 365

2339e78de6e538a883de794ad171971d.gif

Made me chuckle. Very tempted to use it just once around here, but I fear the results could be ugly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

ye today was horrible cycling...im as sick as a dog now. throat ****ing killing me.

Went to see "Taken" tonight.... was good fun in an all too convenient kind of way!

Funny story though, was with my ex who ive been seein a bit again, and who's there when i get into the cinema only 3 of my mates out to see it. They incidentally werent aware I was seein her again! Then even weirder afteer the film it turns out Id parked right beside them n all. She defo thought I was playin a joke on her or somethin!

Book my pitches for weekly 5 a side today too, cant wait. Will give reports on all the goals I scored on a weekly basis so i can be down with GY and Xavi! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

My goalscoring exploits have dried up as of late unfortunately.

Kings of Leon's album is still **** btw

• Advertisement

Xavi6 wrote: »
    My goalscoring exploits have dried up as of late unfortunately.

But fortunate for the rest of us as we don't have to hear about them! :p

Xavi6 wrote:
    Kings of Leon's album is still **** btw

Hmmm, I'm in 2 minds. When it first came out I thought it was extra awesome. Now I just think its good. The appeal wore off a little. "Be Somebody" is an awesome song though.

Its not as good as Because of the Times though, that was epic win.

Now the latest offerings from Slipknot and Metallica = EPIC win!

Hmmm Metallica and Slipknot are both hit and miss for me. The songs on the Metallica one are waaaaay too long ot hold my attention, while the Slipknot album just isn't as 'raw' as earlier offerings.

Going to see Slipknot at the end of the month though so can't wait.

Hmmm Metallica and Slipknot are both hit and miss for me. The songs on the Metallica one are waaaaay too long ot hold my attention, while the Slipknot album just isn't as 'raw' as earlier offerings.

To be fair, they're not needlessly long like St Anger (sh1ttest album ever made by a band who aren't normally sh1t IMO) and there's a lot of thought put into the structure of the songs. The riffs are just legend.

I like the more mature Slipknot. Not every song on it is good Ill give you that but overall its a definite 4/5.
    Xavi6 wrote:
    Going to see Slipknot at the end of the month though so can't wait.

Have you seen them before? If not, you;re in for a treat mate, they;re awesome! I hear they're touring with Machine Head? Who's the support out your way? If it's Machine Head then you my friend are in the epic win territory and I hate you cos they;re not comin here (all of the UK but no Ireland......JERKS!)

Yep it's Machine Head. My cousin is absolutely mad into them so I said I'd go with him. More so looking forward to Slipknot

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Have you checked out any of the Machine Head albums yet Xavi? Having seeing both of them live I can tell you you're in for some treat.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

I'm sickened. Been playing in our local astro-turf 'dome' type place every thursday since April and they 'accidentally' deleted our booking and now that the summer leagues and local GAA season is over everything is blocked booked for months.

****ing bastards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,677 ✭✭✭Chong

Rant!

Anyone here Sig Nazi's ?

That **** really busts my balls.

Rant Over

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

Bill wrote: »
    Rant!

Anyone here Sig Nazi's ?

Rant Over
    I have my suspicions about alanmurphy83 but I doubt even he would stoop that chops bustin low...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭Im_No_Superman

Fcking freezing in the office today, the storage heater is broken! :mad:

Bill wrote: »
    Rant!

Anyone here Sig Nazi's ?

Rant Over

I know :(

I had to make mine smaller.

• Advertisement

Any1 get Oasis's new album yet?

Going to buy it today.

I have my suspicions about alanmurphy83 but I doubt even he would stoop that chops bustin low...

Not me, I do my chop bustin in public.

Going to buy it today.

:confused: People still buy albums?

:confused: People still buy albums?

Normally - like most people I would d/l most of my music but I am a big Oasis fan so I would buy the album yes. Same would apply to Johnny Cash if he was still alive. When I like an artist or team in any sport, I support them.

Going to buy it today.

Yeah I got it last weekend. Starts off really well but fades badly towards the end imo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

Fcking freezing in the office today, the storage heater is broken! :mad:

Back in the school days, that would be a sweet day off. Never forget theday I was trekking up to school, expecting a paddlin for not having all my homework done, only for some scrawny kid burstin down the street screaming 'Boiler's broke!! No School!!!'

• Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭delija_sever029

Morning people,whats up?

Welcome back delija! Where have you been hiding? Hope you're gonna become an Eagle.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭delija_sever029

Welcome back delija! Where have you been hiding? Hope you're gonna become an Eagle.

Thanks man!

I was busy for almost a month so didnt have much time for posting,now i see i missed a lot of threads around the boards so i will try to catch them all up in next few days:)

Hope i didnt miss anything big in here

• Advertisement

Thanks man!

I was busy for almost a month so didnt have much time for posting,now i see i missed a lot of threads around the boards so i will try to catch them all up in next few days:)

Hope i didnt miss anything big in here

Hey mate,
    Check out the Go Ahead Eagles thread! Get involved! :p

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement