Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Off Topic Thread & Off Topic Thread II - Collectors Edition Bumper Pack

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭delija_sever029

Hey mate,
    Check out the Go Ahead Eagles thread! Get involved! :p

hey there

I will check that thread although i have no idea what is it about:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭Im_No_Superman

Back in the school days, that would be a sweet day off. Never forget theday I was trekking up to school, expecting a paddlin for not having all my homework done, only for some scrawny kid burstin down the street screaming 'Boiler's broke!! No School!!!'
    Lol, I remember the pipes burst in our school years ago and we got the day off aswell, sweetest feeling ever! :) Was just too cold where in the office so Im sharing a desk in another office, have sweet f all to do today too, so lots of boards for me! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,846 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

What is it with d!ckheads that take it up themselves to be the temp boss when the boss is out, and go round peoples desks throwing more shapes then there is in a game of tetris. Something that our boss never does.

we need to get this issue sorted, hows that spec, hows that coming along etc

when he knows jack sh'it bout it himself...what a ****

rant over

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

Trilla - flake him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

Trilla wrote: »
    What is it with d!ckheads that take it up themselves to be the temp boss when the boss is out, and go round peoples desks throwing more shapes then there is in a game of tetris. Something that our boss never does.

we need to get this issue sorted, hows that spec, hows that coming along etc

when he knows jack sh'it bout it himself...what a ****

rant over

He needs his chops busted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭ibh

Trilla, go with my tried and trusted answer to these sort of people; "Go fcuk yourself".

You could also tell them to stop being a cnut.

I hate those types of people. FFS if the boss is away, chill....

Have you checked out any of the Machine Head albums yet Xavi? Having seeing both of them live I can tell you you're in for some treat.

I own all of Machine Heads albums but I've missed them live which I'm not happy about. I have Hellalive though which proves that they would be awesome if I ever saw them! :)

Just wait for "Spit it Out" :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭DeadSkin

ibh wrote: »
    Trilla, go with my tried and trusted answer to these sort of people; "Go fcuk yourself".

You could also tell them to stop being a cnut.

I hate those types of people. FFS if the boss is away, chill....

Nah, hit them with a "Go fcuk myself", confuses the bejaysus outta them. Has the bonus of not seen as bein' abusive towards them ;)

DeadSkin wrote: »
    Nah, hit them with a "Go fcuk myself", confuses the bejaysus outta them. Has the bonus of not seen as bein' abusive towards them ;)

I'll be using that one tomorrow..;)

• Advertisement

Why are bloody hot chicken rolls so addictive? is it because our deli counters have such little variety?! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

Why are bloody hot chicken rolls so addictive? is it because our deli counters have such little variety?! :(

you need to experiment

barbeque chicken with coleslaw and onion is the most unexpected party youll ever experience in your mouth

phenomenal

Im addicted to those honey chicken dijon pre packed raps.....

Not really a fan of BBQ chicken. Im not so much disappointed in the taste of the hot chicken rolls its more how bloody bad for u they are. Eating healthy is a lot fo work and I've come to the conclusion that BYOL is the only way to eat healthy. Its easier to eat unhealthily nowadys :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

Not really a fan of BBQ chicken. Im not so much disappointed in the taste of the hot chicken rolls its more how bloody bad for u they are. Eating healthy is a lot fo work and I've come to the conclusion that BYOL is the only way to eat healthy. Its easier to eat unhealthily nowadys :(

nor am i, but the stuff they have in delis is very sweet, and it works amazingly with coleslaw and onion. they really compliment each others flavours

its worth a punt

Doin a jersey day for GOAL in work today. Get to walk round my office all day in my United jersey! Unfortunately 3 of the girls and one of the lads are wearin Liverpool jerseys so I'm outnumbered! :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Wore my new Robinho City shirt in for casual Friday last week and got some very strange looks. Had to represent though.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

Doin a jersey day for GOAL in work today. Get to walk round my office all day in my United jersey! Unfortunately 3 of the girls and one of the lads are wearin Liverpool jerseys so I'm outnumbered! :(
    Always outnumbered, never outgunned....

ibh wrote: »
    I'll be using that one tomorrow..;)

Cool. Let me know how it goes down for ya :)

Always outnumbered, never outgunned....

Gotta keep the red flag flyin high! :pac: I normally wear footy jerseys only when I play football/go to matches or around the house as well. Was gonna go for the Leinster or Dublin jersey to annoy the Munster bosses but most of them are in their Pool jerseys so I'm representin!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

I prefer to go a little left of field on jersey days, or casual days. So my St.Kilda jersey normally does the trick.

Morning lads & lasies,
    Fucking freezing today!
    Got that album yesterday, really enjoyed what I could listen to so far.

You are still our hero Neil:D

I prefer to go a little left of field on jersey days, or casual days. So my St.Kilda jersey normally does the trick.

Well I would have worn my GAE jersey (next time) if I'g gotten it yet!

Or give me your job address so i can take my United jersey with myself

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,846 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Fecking delighted

This morning on the 38, three young fellas (around 13/14) on their way to scoil. Two on seat upstairs, the other behind them taking up one. Next stop this othe kid gets on, you could tell he was a little bit harmless and stops to sit beside the other chap. Wasnt happening. The smart little c'unt sitting down just leaves his bag ther and stares at the kid who just got on. This went on for about 4 seconds, til he walked further on down the back.

Ah i felt like deckin the little fat f'ucker sitting down. His comupins was about to unfold. The ticket inspector gets on (at 7:50 on the 38 wtf!) and checks everyones tickets.

Guess who didnt have one? And was asked to get off the bus!!!! I laughed my head off when he went down the stairs. Funny stuff

Trilla wrote: »
    Fecking delighted

This morning on the 38, three young fellas (around 13/14) on their way to scoil. Two on seat upstairs, the other behind them taking up one. Next stop this othe kid gets on, you could tell he was a little bit harmless and stops to sit beside the other chap. Wasnt happening. The smart little c'unt sitting down just leaves his bag ther and stares at the kid who just got on. This went on for about 4 seconds, til he walked further on down the back.

Ah i felt like deckin the little fat f'ucker sitting down. His comupins was about to unfold. The ticket inspector gets on (at 7:50 on the 38 wtf!) and checks everyones tickets.

Guess who didnt have one? And was asked to get off the bus!!!! I laughed my head off when he went down the stairs. Funny stuff

Epic piece of justice that :D

Well didn't get the job anyway :(

They went with someone with more experience and more qualifications. They even said the interview went really well....I felt like saying '' Well that's just ****ing great isn't it!''

Ah well, have something else lined up from where I used to work which I didn't want to go back to but beggars can't be choosers eh! Disapointed but ah well, **** happens.

I could always apply for the management job for the Go Ahead Eagles! :)

They went with someone with more experience and more qualifications. They even said the interview went really well....I felt like saying '' Well that's just ****ing great isn't it!''

Ah well, have something else lined up from where I used to work which I didn't want to go back to but beggars can't be choosers eh! Disapointed but ah well, **** happens.

Ah bugger!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

To be honest, and don't be annoyed, but Boards contacted the bosses and told them you were a lying, thieving sc*mbag not to be trusted.
    It's just that we reckoned that if you got the job, who then would be sorting out the GA Eagles stuff. You know it makes sense.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

evening soccer peoples

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

evening pink fluffy bunny

:confused:

doesnt really have the same ring as your old name

Love friday evenings in work, doing fcuk all. Bummer that i'm still in work however. I'd love to be in one of those kool companies that get off early on fridays.

Bottle of wine to be grabbed on the way home and then a night in front of the fire watching DVD's. Can't wait. Stayin in is the new goin out you know..:cool:

So eh, I'm a mod now! I didn't even know there was gonna be an MMA forum!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

Congrats. Didn't know there was a move for an MMA forum, must come by and check it out.

• Advertisement

Thanks dude, neither did I to be blatantly honest. I think i got the gig based on my contributions the the SDMA forum when all MMA chat went on in there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Congrats Neil. How is it different to the regular Self Defence & Martial Arts forum?

Congrats Neil.

Hard luck with the job KaG, finished up with my job today so the job hunt begins again on Monday, going to enjoy my weekend first though! ;)

Off to see Taken tonight with the missus, looking forward to it. Big piss up in Galway tomorrow night with the lads, going to be epic cant wait. Good weekend ahead. :)

SDMA is now for discussions about traditional martial arts/technique questions and the like while all the day to day MMA threads/discussions about the events etc go in the MMA forum. The MMA discussion picked up a lot the last 2 years to the point where original posters, say a karate guy or a judo guy who don't follow MMA but want to talk about their art or competitions they're involved in, started to feel alienated.

Also KaG, hardd luck dude. Keep the head up, you'll find something. And sure in the meantime you have teh GAE to keep you busy!

Off out tonight, up North tomorrow for a local MMA event, one of the lads I tarin with is fighting, hopefully keep myself nice and mellow out tonight so I can function tomorrow.

• Advertisement

Just heading over to MMA forum to do a bit of trolling!!:D

Is MMA the same as UFC. I don't have a clue. I just call it all fighting.

Good luck with the modding btw. Enjoy your weekend up North. Where you headed, Malahide.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Off to see Taken tonight with the missus, looking forward to it. Big piss up in Galway tomorrow night with the lads, going to be epic cant wait. Good weekend ahead. :)

Amazing movie man, the fight scenes seriously rival Bourne and Bond. Liam Neeson sure can kick ass.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Congrats Neil.

My father is big into the martial arts thing,I did it for a few years but never took to it in any great way.

Archimedes wrote: »
    Amazing movie man, the fight scenes seriously rival Bourne and Bond. Liam Neeson sure can kick ass.
    What can I say but Liam Neson you bad ass motherfcuker! :)

Good flick, although the daughter character was very badly acted imo. Good to see Holly Valance on the big screen too! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

debut single off Ryans new album, **** me this is gonna be awesome

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

Mr Alan wrote: »
    debut single off Ryans new album, **** me this is gonna be awesome

A few ales on me, so I might as well say it now. Someone tell this weepy fcuker to jog the fcuuk on, and play his ballads to some other cnuts. Drop a fcuking pair, and then i'll listen to you, ya melodic fcuk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Christ they really do let anyone in.

Free booze at a family 21st = win

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Christ they really do let anyone in.

Free booze at a family 21st = win

Yea i know, talk about dropping the standards!

Im buckled. My mate got bottled in Coppers tonight. Unprovoked too. Honestly some people need to be put down. YOu should see the size of the knot on his forehgead as a result :(

Holy crap Neil is a mod?!?!Where this world goes?!?!:eek::P

Congrats man;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

good news for Neil then is that he can no longer be infracted :)

Well done Neil.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement