Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Off Topic Thread & Off Topic Thread II - Collectors Edition Bumper Pack

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

Unearthly wrote: »
    Topics like that really bring out the ignorant. Majority I bet have never even watched 1 bit of the sport they are bitching about.

aka the 'UFC is human cock-fighting' brigade.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

Mr Alan wrote: »
    Xavi....i used to be like you.....open your mind.....

When you opened your mind, did anything fall out?

It would explain so much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Epic: (best video I could find) I know Xavi will agree with me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,907 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Indeed I will Archi. A quality band

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

You know that FHM section, "From the Mouths of Babes"?

Well. And Xavi, you'll like this one.

There I was in my gf's house on Saturday, doing a spot of painting, had the football on, on Today FM.

She wasn't listening, she was too busy commenting on my painting :rolleyes:

So, last night, she says to me, "When you had the football on on Saturday, was there some player called Carlton Cold" (This is an Aussie beer). I started laughing, of course. She further went on to say "I thought that the player was sponsored by the beer company, and they were saying that instead of his name"

:D:D

ROFL brilliant Des. I hope there was some appropriate face palming from you! :D

When my missus comes to watch me play football she never ever knows which way my team is shooting. Half the time she thinks we're attacking our own goal. It's feckin hilarious!

Women's magazines are more interesting in that they don't have the space to dedicate to stories about guys mistaking the names of Sex in The City characters. Unfortunately they need all the space for the guys mistook the location of.... stories.

PSI wrote: »
    Women's magazines are more interesting in that they don't have the space to dedicate to stories about guys mistaking the names of Sex in The City characters. Unfortunately they need all the space for the guys mistook the location of.... stories.
    Sisters are doing it for themselves.

Hey psi, when this weeks Podcast goes up, give it a listen.

I gave you a shoutout :D

DesF wrote: »
    Hey psi, when this weeks Podcast goes up, give it a listen.

I already did.

I don't know what Kinder Surprise are, I still think you all sound the same (although I can tell your voice now).

I learned that 6th uses profanity every second word.
    I gave you a shoutout :D

:( I heard.

You said you wouldn't :(

More feckin' gah savagery.

http://www.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-football/blue-murder-1353792.html

Uncivilised thuggery.

• Advertisement

Indeed. Shocking all round. Played ball at school/club level with both the Dublin lads that were sent. I had a little laugh when I read it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

That'll help Paul Caffrey's argument that Dublin aren't a dirty team. He must be delighted :pac:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,438 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

There I was in my gf's house on Saturday, doing a spot of painting, had the football on, on Today FM.

So, last night, she says to me, "When you had the football on on Saturday, was there some player called Carlton Cold" (This is an Aussie beer). I started laughing, of course. She further went on to say "I thought that the player was sponsored by the beer company, and they were saying that instead of his name"

From the Mouths of Babes, love these quotes.

A friend of mine was telling me what the missus said to him the other week:

Him talking to me: I was still in bed and I heard her go out the door to work. Ten seconds later the front door opens again and she shouts up the stairs: "David, why is my car up on blocks?!?"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

When you opened your mind, did anything fall out?

It would explain so much.

PSI, thats not very nice at all :(

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

Xavi6 wrote: »
    ROFL brilliant Des. I hope there was some appropriate face palming from you! :D

When my missus comes to watch me play football she never ever knows which way my team is shooting. Half the time she thinks we're attacking our own goal. It's feckin hilarious!

:(:(:(:(:(

irishbird wrote: »
    :(:(:(:(:(
    :D:D:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

lol. My ex has a very limited knowledge of footie, and we were watching a Fulham match once and David Healy scored. She asked me when did he transfer from Northern Ireland.

Archimedes wrote: »
    My ex has a very limited knowledge of footie
    Nice way of putting it I suppose.

My burd knows fúck all. :D:D (er....about football :p)

She allegedly has the offside rule memorised by heart, but I got the ketchup, mustard and vinegar bottles out one night, and she declined the chance to demonstrate, so I don't know.

It's not so bad now she has access, she can defend herself. I don't feel bad for her. :D

• Advertisement

Sherifu wrote: »
    It's not so bad now she has access, she can defend herself. I don't feel bad for her. :D
    Feel bad for her.

Her car was outside a garage, and was just nicked, and driven into a wall.

The wall of Tolka bleedin' park, of all places.

Ouch. Really sorry to hear that. Is the wall ok?

Feel bad for her.

Her car was outside a garage, and was just nicked, and driven into a wall.

The wall of Tolka bleedin' park, of all places.

It was that one Sporting Fingal fan that did it. I bet ya it was him.

More feckin' gah savagery.

http://www.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-football/blue-murder-1353792.html

Uncivilised thuggery.

16 of them getting hit with the book this morning. 8 from each side.

16 of them getting hit with the book this morning. 8 from each side.
    I had to laugh at some of the muckers on the radio talking about this, basically claiming that mass brawls like this are a part of the game, and that if fellas don't get involved they are then ripe for the picking later in the game. One man even said that the only one of the 30 players who didn't get involved on Sunday, Stephen Cluxton, would probably be ridiculed around Dublin for being weak.

If this is the type of mentality that goes around in these savages heads, then the game has a long way to go to drag it out of the dark ages.

Talk of implementing the "Third Man In" rule that they have in Aussie Rules.

Well I saw the Sunday Game analysis the other day on youtube and according to Comman Goggins the 'Third Man In' rule is already there.

The whole incident was an absolute joke. You don't see it in any other sport really. Take for example Ice Hockey. Some of the hardest bastards around play that sport but they know that when a fight breaks out it's left to the two boys involved, no one else. That's the way it should be.

• Advertisement

I had to laugh at some of the muckers on the radio talking about this, basically claiming that mass brawls like this are a part of the game, and that if fellas don't get involved they are then ripe for the picking later in the game. One man even said that the only one of the 30 players who didn't get involved on Sunday, Stephen Cluxton, would probably be ridiculed around Dublin for being weak.

If this is the type of mentality that goes around in these savages heads, then the game has a long way to go to drag it out of the dark ages.

Talk of implementing the "Third Man In" rule that they have in Aussie Rules.
    I think that's some old school bull or else blindly trying to defend the game. I'd be surprised if they weren't in the small minority. Any average fan doesn't want to see that kind of crap. The odd scuffle or handbags is one thing but when it takes away from the game it pisses me off.

Lets see if xavi like these when he gets into work! i'll find one he likes sooner or later! ;)

Cracking song-cracking album.

cracking song-cracking album-cracking voice-sexy woman

Hmmmm well it's better than that U2 b0llox you posted I suppose

That U2 bollox i posted was ****ing brilliant! :(

I simply cannot agree

• Advertisement

I don't understand why people like U2.

They were good way back, but they got preachy and bland.

In other news, started back at tennis. Yay. I have realised that its much like aerobics though. Between that and wii boxing I can stop going to the gym :)

In other news, started back at tennis. Yay. I have realised that its much like aerobics though. Between that and wii boxing I can stop going to the gym :)

Homer - "What are you two doing?"
    Bart/Lisa - "We're practicing tennis?"
    Homer - "That's tennis?!? What's the one where women in bikinis fight each other?"
    Bart - "Foxy Boxing?"
    Homer - "Yes, that's what I wanted!"

I played beach volleyball last week :)

It may sound nice, but girls fighting is never sexy. Its usually more vicious than guys.

I played beach volleyball last week :)

You know the rules by now.......

You know the rules by now.......

:confused:

Its hard to play if you don't know the rules.

i could be wrong, but i believe he is refering to the famous, "pics or it didnt happen" rule?

As for U2, Joshua Tree and Achtung Baby are simply masterpieces, since then, the albums have been somewhat patchy, but each album is redeemed by at least one or two GREAT songs. Now, i dont mean good songs, i mean songs that only maybe 1 or 2 bands in the world are capable of writing. and a U2 gig, well, they're just magic.

out of curiousity xavi, did ya watch the U2 vid i posted or just flick it off soon as you seen who it was?

U2 are awesome. Plus Larry wants to join my band.

:confused:

Its hard to play if you don't know the rules.
    http://www.fivb.org/en/BeachVolleyball/Rules/Rules.htm

Serious BUMP required here.

Looks like no one's done anything off topic in a while.

I did yore ma.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭Im_No_Superman

Serious BUMP required here.

Looks like no one's done anything off topic in a while.
    The only off topic Im doing is studying, no fun! :( Cant believe this thread isnt a sticky yet!

• Advertisement

Today has been a bloody nightmare in work. Well nothing to do with work itself, more so my massive tiredness. Got up at 2.30am to watch the game. Finished around 4.30am, stayed posting here for an hour then realised if I went back to bed I'd only get an hour before work and that'd only make me feel worse so I made tea and stayed up.

Now it's coming up to 2.30pm which means I've been up for 12 hours with another 2 in work to go plus whatever else later on. Absolutely shattered, and I'm doing it all over again tonight :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,587 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

I feel the pain. The game was on at 3.45 local time over here, so I grabbed a bit of sleep before the game, but that was it. Absolutely nothing to do in work today, so the day is dragging... nerves already playing up for tonight!

I thought I had it bad with the game starting at 9:45 pm.

*Hugs time-zone*

Keep the faith chaps. Tally-ho, etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭ibh

Today has been a bloody nightmare in work. Well nothing to do with work itself, more so my massive tiredness. Got up at 2.30am to watch the game. Finished around 4.30am, stayed posting here for an hour then realised if I went back to bed I'd only get an hour before work and that'd only make me feel worse so I made tea and stayed up.

Now it's coming up to 2.30pm which means I've been up for 12 hours with another 2 in work to go plus whatever else later on. Absolutely shattered, and I'm doing it all over again tonight :o

I used to have that problem in Sydney all the time. Get up at ungodly hour during daylight savings to watch the footie then have to haul ass into work and drink coffee all day. I did actually fall asleep on the desk one day after watching 3 WC2006 games the previous day / night.. My solution to the Champions league problem was to go into work straight after the game finished, go to the lunch room and catch a quick nap before breakfast.

My biggest obstacle now to watching matches is the making of excuses for missing Gah games / training...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Why don't you's all come back to Ireland!! Sure, the weather is sh!te, scumbags breed like junkie rabbits, traffic is as bad as ever, prices are sky high etc........but God damn it, at least you get to see the games at a reasonable hour!

Can't wait for my full night's sleep tonight!

me too:(

me too:(
    Do you need a hug Al?

http://www.ursine.com.au/Images/2BearsHug.gif

thats definately the gayest thing you've ever posted on this site.

and you've posted some pretty gay ****! ;)

• Advertisement

thats definately the gayest thing you've ever posted on this site.

and you've posted some pretty gay ****! ;)
    Awwww.

I'll let you off with that this morning petal, I'm sure you're feeling a bit down in the dumps.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement