Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Off Topic Thread & Off Topic Thread II - Collectors Edition Bumper Pack

Comments

Reply number 9000....we're startin to turn this into one of those BGRH bar type threads!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

Reply number 9000....we're startin to turn this into one of those BGRH bar type threads!

ssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhh, or GY will give it a paddlin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Hmmm, I'd say we'll have to open Off Topic mk II soon. 10,000 posts is where the internet usually goes into meltdown isn't it?

look in BGRH etc their OT chat threads make this look puny!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,677 ✭✭✭Chong

look in BGRH etc their OT chat threads make this look puny!
    Firstly Fair play Neil on the moderatorship, my fellow G.A.E Brother.

Now then , I suppose anyone watching Prison Break will agree its turned to Pish!

This be the only thing keeping me watching:

prison-break-receptionist-episode-02-04.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

It sure did. I stuck with Season 3 hoping for some pay-off in the finale, but it never happened. Should've been a one-season mini series like The Kill Point.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Bill wrote: »
    This be the only thing keeping me watching:

prison-break-receptionist-episode-02-04.jpg

I see two things there to keep you watching.

Thanks Bill.

But since he's done a legger from the office is she gonna be in any more eps?! Should google her and make her babe of the week in slydice!!

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭homergriffin

Thanks Bill.

But since he's done a legger from the office is she gonna be in any more eps?! Should google her and make her babe of the week in slydice!!

Sup Neil, the noob is finally here. Ashamed to say I recognise her from the OC. You're dead right, I hope his legger doesn't mean the end of here.

Side note: Watching Kendall Grove and Ed Herman now.

Just readin back over the first few pages of this thread. Some posters have changed their tune on the idea of an OT thread! :pac::pac:

For example!!
    -1 there are other places to discuss all of these things and pms for personal stuff. If you are too lazy to click on the politics board to talk about politics issues or rugby to slag off the ireland rugby team, or after hours to talk about anything else that can go on in the world then you probably should not be allowed on the internet on your own.

:p

Sup Neil, the noob is finally here. Ashamed to say I recognise her from the OC. You're dead right, I hope his legger doesn't mean the end of here.

Sup n00b. You must address us all as "sirs" and go to the shop and get us food whenever we want anything! :pac:

LOL

Jesus ur right, I remember her from that (yes I watched the OC for a period :o:o)...don;t remember the rack being quite as prominent back then......mainly all about the lips back then wasn't she! jesus that was a godawful show.
    Side note: Watching Kendall Grove and Ed Herman now.

Good fight that.

• Advertisement

ssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhh, or GY will give it a paddlin.

paddlin.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭carlop

Got a good laugh earlier on when my mum glanced at the tv, saw voronin missing a chance in the highlights of the pats-berlin match, and then asked me in all seriousness if I was watching women's football!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

GY? Paddlin?

hmmm, sounds like a dream i had before.................

Mr Alan wrote: »
    GY? Paddlin?

hmmm, sounds like a dream i had before.................

See that "creepy internet predators" tag Al....... that is all!! :p

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

You drunk Al?

My bottom left wisdom tooth is fecking killing me, and I can't go to the dentist. I didn't pay enough stamps in 2006 to get free dentist, so I'm living on solpadeine, pack a day at this stage.

On another note. Anyone ever drink Rooibos Tea? It's from South Africa, and is really soothing and pleasant, especially before bed. No caffeine at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

I like the soccer forum this week.

Only because it is currently the least troublesome forum I moderate. Just.

i can go back into the Villa thread and it'll kick off it you want?

nope des, i aint drunk.

How the hell is there trouble in Science?

Damn creationsists probably.

Paranormal? that's just weird.

Who you voting for GY? Old Dude and Hockey Mom?

GuanYin wrote: »
    I like the soccer forum this week.

Only because it is currently the least troublesome forum I moderate. Just.

That has to be a first? What are they possibly doing on the paranormal forum to rival some of the soccer forum muppetry?

Can imagine politics is a barrel o laughs with the recession/Team Obama vs Team McCain/bonus payments etc.

I've seen mates fight over science (long story, they do science in college and got into a heated row about something on 2 separate occasions) so i can well imagine......but paranormal? has the Roswell case been reopened and the skeptics are out in force?! :pac:

Tough job GY.

.........wanders over to GY's other forums for a gawk!

• Advertisement

Des wrote: »

It's amazing how heated the science vs "god put us here" debate can get, I've seen it first hand, while I of course sat back and laughed at them both!

i can go back into the Villa thread and it'll kick off it you want?

or the united thread....or the Chawsea thread...... or the Spurs sub forum..................:D

Clearly god didn't put us here, he was only born in '66

Eric_Cantona_Nike.jpg

:D

You drunk Al?

My bottom left wisdom tooth is fecking killing me, and I can't go to the dentist. I didn't pay enough stamps in 2006 to get free dentist, so I'm living on solpadeine, pack a day at this stage.

On another note. Anyone ever drink Rooibos Tea? It's from South Africa, and is really soothing and pleasant, especially before bed. No caffeine at all.

I feel your pain brother.

About two weeks ago, I was in the same boat. For two days staright it was unbearable, to the point that I didn't sleep for 48 hrs. However, it just kinda went away, and I am so grateful it did. Gonna get it looked at soon.

A few short term remedies I piked up though were:

- Drinking ice cold water, lots of it.
    - Take a shot of whiskey, and gargle and swish for about 1 min around the bogey tooth.
    - Get a few ice cubes, and smash them up into smaller pieces. Then proceed to suck on those smaller pieces, placing them in and around the bogey tooth.
    - If you can get your hands on any pain killers (none of those over the counter placebos), ones like Oxycontin/Oxynorm, keep them to one side, and use if you absolutely cannot get any sleep.
    - I also found that doing things, even just chatting to someone, can sometimes distract you from the pain, and it seems to subside somewhat then. the worse thing is to just sit, and let it consume you.

I feel for a Des, really do, as there is nothing worse than the pain of a **** wisdom tooth.

Fantastic Des, post of the day IMO!

****waits for someone to take it all too seriously and drag this thread dangerously on topic:(

- Drinking ice cold water, lots of it.
    Been doing it all day in work
    - Take a shot of whiskey, and gargle and swish for about 1 min around the bogey tooth.
    The only Whisky I have to hand is a bottle of Laphroaig, and I'm not wasting that on a sore tooth
    - If you can get your hands on any pain killers (none of those over the counter placebos), ones like Oxycontin/Oxynorm, keep them to one side, and use if you absolutely cannot get any sleep.
    Ponstan ok? I have some of them lying around. Might pop one before I head away.
    - I also found that doing things, even just chatting to someone, can sometimes distract you from the pain, and it seems to subside somewhat then.
    Yep, but I'm here all by myself...:(:(
    the worse thing is to just sit, and let it consume you..
    Yeah, I know :mad::mad:
    I feel for a Des, really do, as there is nothing worse than the pain of a **** wisdom tooth.
    cheers...

Damn creationsists probably.
    Actually, I came very close to banning some science mods once.
    Paranormal? that's just weird.
    It is also troll city.

The politics forum...... you guys really need therapy on some issues as a nation ;)

Who you voting for GY? Old Dude and Hockey Mom?
    Well I feel that Palin speaks to me so I have to vote for her :rolleyes:

The only Whisky I have to hand is a bottle of Laphroaig, and I'm not wasting that on a sore tooth

Fair enough, but I really found this to be one of the better remedies. The alcohol kills the bacteria, and numbs the nerves for a short time. Worthwhile if it gets you that 20 min window to fall asleep. Believe me, lying in bed awake all night, with the constant thumping pain, is not something I would wish even on Dennis Wise.
    Ponstan ok? I have some of them lying around. Might pop one before I head away.

Don't know it, but its worth a shot. I found panadol, neuorfen, solpadene, and all the other over the counter stuff to be a load of ****. 'Scrip pain killers are the only ones that will actually target the nerevs and signals that are telling your brain you are in a muthafcukin jock.

Well I feel that Palin speaks to me so I have to vote for her :rolleyes:

pict132.jpg

Aye, she speaks to me and all. Tells me to do the one man rumba 3.gif

Charlie lad, you are like a ****ing dog in heat

• Advertisement

Anyone watch My Name is Earl? Seriously one of the funniest shows on TV.

You find her attractive?

I met her on her recent tour of battleground states, I think the camera flatters her.

Charlie lad, you are like a ****ing dog in heat

14363801_e1d8966797.jpg

Anyone watch My Name is Earl? Seriously one of the funniest shows on TV.
    meh tbh
    You find her attractive?
    nope.

I met her on her recent tour of battleground states,
    what's a battleground state?
    I think the camera flatters her.

I don't.

nope.

Cheryl-Cole.jpg

You gave this women a icon13.gif, you lost the right to vote on the wimmins.

It really is amazing how some people think trying to troll me is going to end well for them.

Des - if you speak ill of Sarah Palin you're automatically sexist and insensitive or her special needs baby :p
    what's a battleground state?
    An undecided state. Many if not most states will almost certainly go one way or another. There are a few close ones that the candidates refer to as battleground states - for example in the last round, Florida was a key one.

• Advertisement

Question GY, being American, do you follow any of the pro sports? If so, what's your football and baseball team?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

GY is a Chi-town Fire girl. Same MLS team as myself.

i am seeing no bird Xavi-even a fat munter would do at this point!

so you have no objections to pics of your bird being put up online? :) hmmmmm, interesting.......

Well she does have a bebo so.......

Xavi6 wrote: »
    GY is a Chi-town Fire girl. Same MLS team as myself.

By football, I meant NFL, not sockerr.

Chi town, so presumably she is a Bears fan. One of my favourite teams, not including Dallas of course. Love seeing the fear in a team when kicking to Hester.

Cubbies/Sox fan?

Cubs baby! Lived literally 5 minutes walk from Wrigley Field for a while. Some sessions when the Cubs are at home 5 days in a row!

Cubs baby! Lived literally 5 minutes walk from Wrigley Field for a while. Some sessions when the Cubs are at home 5 days in a row!

Yankees fan (I know, hate on me). Nothing like going on a bender in the bronx on gameday, and then cheering on A-Rod and the boys.

Seriously, soccer can learn alot from the atmosphere/craic at Baseball grounds. Sitting in the bleachers, everyone on the lash on a warm balmy evening, ripping the piss out of the one red sox/mets fan who decided to brave it in, and wear his teams colours.

• Advertisement

Yanks would be my 2nd team cause of Derek Jeter. What a legend. did the tour of Yankee Stadium a few years back and it was class.

The bleachers in Wrigley Field are the biz. We had a home run hit from Derrick Lee come in to land about 6 feet from us. Mad dives to try grab it!

Yanks would be my 2nd team cause of Derek Jeter. What a legend. did the tour of Yankee Stadium a few years back and it was class.

It really is an epic place, so much history. Would have loved to go to one of the final games played this year.

As for Jeter, he just personifies what a pro athlete should be. Leads by example, loyal, and your go to guy when you need that 3 run homer. Although I am a huge Giambi mark.
    The bleachers in Wrigley Field are the biz. We had a home run hit from Derrick Lee come in to land about 6 feet from us. Mad dives to try grab it!

Bleachers all way, its where you get the proper fans who are up for a bit for craic. Not like the plastics sitting by home-plate.

When I was over in '07, the atmosphere in the bleachers was electric everytime A-Rod stepped to the plate and tried to get that 500th homer. Hair on the back of the neck stuff.

Yesh Giambi's class. Fat bastard who just hits the ball so bloody hard!

I was in Wrigely back in 05 for this -
    On July 26, 2005, Greg Maddux struck out Omar Vizquel to become the thirteenth member of the 3000 strikeout club and only the ninth pitcher with both 300 wins and 3,000 strikeouts. Maddux became one of five pitchers to reach 3,000 strikeouts while having allowed fewer than 1,000 walks.

Needless to say the atmosphere was sensational with Maddux getting a standing ovation that lasted for ages.

I was in Wrigely back in 05 for this -

Needless to say the atmosphere was sensational with Maddux getting a standing ovation that lasted for ages.

Epic indeed.

There is a magical kinda electricity at a ballpark on those sort of days that is just awesome to be a part of. Every play builds like a crescendo.
    Yesh Giambi's class. Fat bastard who just hits the ball so bloody hard!

jason-giambi-autograph.jpg

What a hero!

Ha ha quality!

Oh and btw, how bllody hot are the girls that go to baseball games?! :eek:

Ha ha quality!

Oh and btw, how bllody hot are the girls that go to baseball games?! :eek:

Oh aye, some right bobby dazzlers. Certainly from a New York point of view, any of the Yankees games and Mets games that I went to, always had that Italian/American style of girl there, and they are always uber hot.

I think alot of it has to do with how baseball is a much more social thing compared with football over here.

In fact, google gives me this, a cubbie:

p2_sterger.jpg

^^^ That's exactly what I'm talkin about!

And everyone, both male and female, wears these t-shirts -

31-85534-F.jpg

I have a Nomar Garciaparra one.

^^^ That's exactly what I'm talkin about!

And everyone, both male and female, wears these t-shirts -

31-85534-F.jpg

I have a Nomar Garciaparra one.

My gameday uniform:

Customized Yanks jersey
    picturepd5.jpg

+

This badboy
    p626807reg.jpg

The ladies usually went for the babygap look

00201.jpg

3.gif3.gif3.gif

Lol perfect! :D

Lol perfect! :D

Aye. On that note, I bid you good night good sir. Struggling to stay awake watching Monday Night Football (not the eircon league one, the proper one).

Oh, and for the first cnut that comes in in the morning and posts 'baseball is soooo boring', 'baseball= epic fail' etc. etc., you are a utter mong.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement