Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Off Topic Thread & Off Topic Thread II - Collectors Edition Bumper Pack

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Division Eleven, Mens Eleven a side

• Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭delija_sever029

Oh ok,i see it and will remember it.Will check out this table from time to time
    You finished 7th last season right?

It looks like this season is going to be much better for you guys,wish you luck;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

on the topic of playing football match today for the college in that ****ing rain. horrible stuff. the goon put me centre back against some lightning quick cisse lad. lost 3-1. Hit the bar with a header.:( thought the hair was going to be a good luck omen.

Delija is back to the stats it seems.

Oh ok,i see it and will remember it.Will check out this table from time to time

cool, thanks
    You finished 7th last season right?
    yep, seventh. was very bad.
    It looks like this season is going to be much better for you guys,
    I hope so
    wish you luck;)
    Thanks.

You should put a Boardeaux crest in your signature with the other crests. ;)

no delija put the celtic flag up, des would love that.

• Advertisement

Shut up Blondie.

on the topic of playing football match today for the college in that ****ing rain. horrible stuff. the goon put me centre back against some lightning quick cisse lad. lost 3-1. Hit the bar with a header.:( thought the hair was going to be a good luck omen.

Delija is back to the stats it seems.

Delija is back and it seems you had a bad day

Des wrote: »
    You should put a Boardeaux crest in your signature with the other crests. ;)

I would but i already got critics i am supporting too much clubs....:rolleyes:

If i get bored where i can find crest?:D

no delija put the celtic flag up, des would love that.

Well i do support Celtic too....

Shut up Blondie.

Blondie ahahahahaha:pac:

well i didn't play too badly but to be honest i couldnt give a toss. they put some capper beside me, don't think he ever even seen a football before in his life. clown.

I would but i already got critics i am supporting too much clubs....:rolleyes:
    supporting boardeaux too is ok. I said so.
    If i get bored where i can find crest?:D

this is the crest design

crestnew.jpg

this is a pic of the crest actually from a jersey.

crest2.jpg

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

Boardeaux won 5-1 tonight :cool:
    Super Job. Fair Played. Gettin an early bid in for manager of the month? ;)

• Advertisement

oh yeah des forgot to say well done.

well i didn't play too badly but to be honest i couldnt give a toss. they put some capper beside me, don't think he ever even seen a football before in his life. clown.

Ah i know the situation:rolleyes:

supporting boardeaux too is ok. I said so.

this is the crest design

crestnew.jpg

this is a pic of the crest actually from a jersey.

Well if you said so.....

Done:D

Ha ha!

Nice one delija :D:D

Ha ha!

Nice one delija :D:D

are we only 2 guys in here who support Boardeaux?:D

Sheesh,another club on my list and i have a few of them still waiting:D

I don't support Boardeaux.

I manage them.

I don't support Boardeaux.

I manage them.

Well you dont hate them for sure,so i can say you support them:D

Is there a "down arrow" on the keyboard?

Left <
    Right >
    Up ^
    down ?

Muhahahahaha nice way to ignore the question,very diplomatic,you need to be tough with players and dont let them know you love them:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

Well done Des on the result tonight, a scoreline Wor Kev would be proud of.

Anyone else staying up to watch the black lad and the old dude massdebate tonight?

Well done Des.

Mornin gents, fckin traffic is brutal again. Got into work on time using some crafty and legal traffic cheats.

I am knackered this mornin, was 2.30 nearly by the time I hit the hay :(

Dub 13, some bad news, the vomiting bug going round is apparently a 72 hour job not 24 hour.....hope u got a different bug.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

well done to Boardeaux and Betty Benitez.

Estie, blonde highlights?! bad move....

Morning cunts, how are we all today?

The mrs was in mine last night drinking till 3 and I am strangely feeling pretty decent. However I have taken the week in question to my advantage and told my current boss I have an interview later today so I can get off at 2. Did he buy it? Of fucking course he did :D

Mr Alan wrote: »

+ 1, unless you're going for that village people look?! You could always go for the blonde recedo like your namesake?!

Morning cunts, how are we all today?

The mrs was in mine last night drinking till 3 and I am strangely feeling pretty decent. However I have taken the week in question to my advantage and told my current boss I have an interview later today so I can get off at 2. Did he buy it? Of fucking course he did :D

I was out with my "friend" until around half 2 last nite myself. No drinkin though. Very tired this mornin. :(

I wish i had a clever excuse to get myself home to bed!

O btw, well done Des.

Was taht date last night Neil? Hope it went well.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

I got some very good new players too.

Were do you get the players from...?what % are regaler Boards posters...?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Dub 13, some bad news, the vomiting bug going round is apparently a 72 hour job not 24 hour.....hope u got a different bug.

I must have had something else as I am back in work today....:(

O btw, well done Des.

Was taht date last night Neil? Hope it went well.

Yea been seeing my ex as of late. Haven't had "the talk" or anything like that but been seein each other a fair bit lately. And no al, not the ex you know! :P

Dub13 wrote: »
    I must have had something else as I am back in work today....:(

Good to hear. Believe me, judgin by the state my mums been in, you're better off. I'd rather work overtime than get days off with that.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

IS ANYONE ELSE BORED OUT OF THEIR TREE:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,846 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

I wish I was a little bit taller...

I wish I was a baller

I wish I had a girl who looked good, I would call her

I was I was much smaller.

IS ANYONE ELSE BORED OUT OF THEIR TREE:mad:
    The three previous posts to this one should answer your question.

• Advertisement

wat the **** are you clowns talking about?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

Trilla wrote: »
    I wish I was a little bit taller...
    I wish I was a baller
    I wish I had a girl who looked good, I would call her

After those lines the song gets sooooooooooooooo sh*t... But at least it's good for about 8 seconds......

Anyone remember;

hahahahaha!

wat the **** are you clowns talking about?
    Skee-lo

Watched American Gangster two nights ago, I thought it was excellent! I loved how Frank Lucas approached the drug selling business :pac:. Although I hated Russel Crowe's character, they went too deep into his personal life, and I really wanted the drug dealers to win in the end of it for some reason.. :D

eZe^ wrote: »
    After those lines the song gets sooooooooooooooo sh*t... But at least it's good for about 8 seconds......

I don't even know if those 8 seconds are particularly good tbh! I think it's the stupidity of the lyrics in the 1st place that makes it funny!

Watched American Gangster two nights ago, I thought it was excellent! I loved how Frank Lucas approached the drug selling business :pac:. Although I hated Russel Crowe's character, they went too deep into his personal life, and I really wanted the drug dealers to win in the end of it for some reason.. :D

I loved Josh Brolins character in that.......such an unbelievable swine! And RZA of Wu-Tang fame turning up with his Wu-Tang tattoo still there was gas! Great film tbh. Denzel Washington is great in it.

• Advertisement

Great movie but very hollywood. In real life, Crowe's character didn't even have a son, and Lucas was sent back to prison for 7 yrs for committing another drug crime. Lucas himself is supposed to have admitted there was only about 20% truth to the film.

Loved Cuba's character, and the look he give's lucas after the 'trademark infringement' chat.

Oh and morning gents.

Please tell me Kag and Neil that one of yous got at least a hand shandy for staying out that late on a work night.

Edit: fair play lads.

I've been threatening to watch American Gangster for a while but the running time always goes against me - It's normally around 10 or 11 when I sit down to watch a movie and I don't want to risk watching it tired and ruin it.

Complicated life I do have.

Betty Benitez.
    You are on the list now, Al.

On. The. List.
    Dub13 wrote: »
    Were do you get the players from...?what % are regaler Boards posters...?
    Friends of players etc, at one stage there were very few Boards posters, but we've upped that again this season.

Also, most of the players sign up once they join, so, 70-80% maybe.
    Yea been seeing my ex as of late.
    Bad move dude.

Ex's are ex's for a reason.

vYa! Josh Brolins really made me hate his corruption, he was excellent alright. Although I hated when he killed the god, I love German Shepherds!

I loved that they had Common in it iswell, his face when Denzel shot that guy in the head was hilarious! Actually, can anyone in the world pull off a bald head and a big beard as well as Common does? :pac::pac:

Great movie but very hollywood. In real life, Crowe's character didn't even have a son, and Lucas was sent back to prison for 7 yrs for committing another drug crime. Lucas himself is supposed to have admitted there was only about 20% truth to the film.

Loved Cuba's character, and the look he give's lucas after the 'trademark infringement' chat.

Oh and morning gents.

Please tell me Estie and Neil that one of yous got at least a hand shandy for staying out that late on a work night.

Crowe's character was completely uneccesary if you ask me. But of course they fabricated the truth, otherwise they'd have to employ and inbred illiterate fool to play Lucas, and the rest of the drug dealing characters. What they did do is tell alot of truths in the story, for example Lucas going to Asia for pure heroin and meeting his ex-wife's cousin, how he got caught was true, the way he gave a better product for half the price is true, his mentor was a real person. And at the end, they showed Lucas in 1991, when he served his 15 years AND his 7 years for trying to get more drugs while on parole. At least that's what I thought...

I told him,visiting Serbia with that hairstyle would be so wrong....

On. The. List.

Wtf?!

thats like the biggest compliment i can give!?

ungrateful swine! :eek:

Oh and morning gents.

Please tell me Estie and Neil that one of yous got at least a hand shandy for staying out that late on a work night.

Morning Charlie,
    I sure did anyway :D

I've been threatening to watch American Gangster for a while but the running time always goes against me - It's normally around 10 or 11 when I sit down to watch a movie and I don't want to risk watching it tired and ruin it.

Complicated life I do have.

Just watch it! start early though cos its long.
    Des wrote:

On. The. List.

You're f.ucked now Al.

F.U.C.K.E.D!
    Bad move dude.

Ex's are ex's for a reason.

I know dude, I know.

Don't wanna sound all cliché it's complicated. I'm gonna give it another chance and see what happens.

I told him,visiting Serbia with that hairstyle would be so wrong....

Leaving his house with that hairstyle would be wrong tbh! And he lives quite near me IIRC...for shame!
    eZe^ wrote:
    Ya! Josh Brolins really made me hate his corruption, he was excellent alright. Although I hated when he killed the god, I love German Shepherds!

I loved that they had Common in it iswell, his face when Denzel shot that guy in the head was hilarious! Actually, can anyone in the world pull off a bald head and a big beard as well as Common does? :pac::pac:

He pulls of the slimy character so well. Brolin is a great actor though, always very convincing.

Common is a legend, one of the "intelligent rappers". And yea I know what ya meant, his face was gas!! BAld head + big beard = you better be a cool mofo!

Morning Charlie,
    I sure did anyway :D

:DHigh five! ;):pac::D

vYa! Josh Brolins really made me hate his corruption, he was excellent alright. Although I hated when he killed the god, I love German Shepherds!

Crowe's character was completely uneccesary if you ask me. But of course they fabricated the truth, otherwise they'd have to employ and inbred illiterate fool to play Lucas, and the rest of the drug dealing characters. What they did do is tell alot of truths in the story, for example Lucas going to Asia for pure heroin and meeting his ex-wife's cousin, how he got caught was true, the way he gave a better product for half the price is true, his mentor was a real person. And at the end, they showed Lucas in 1991, when he served his 15 years AND his 7 years for trying to get more drugs while on parole. At least that's what I thought...

I'm not disputing these things, but I think they blurred the lines alot and portrayed Lucas someone he wasn't. From what I have read up on him, he certainly wasn't this man of the people character, a robin hood of sorts. He sounds like an absolute scum of the earth type of chap, and yet, the film leaves the viewer with the impression that he is a loveable rogue.

The impression the viewer is left with is that as soon as he is caught, he is helping the police out, going on the straight and narrow, and then once his jail term is over, back out to make an honest living. Not disclosing that his 1991 release was afetr a subsequent federal offence is very disingenuous.

So, whilst Lucas is given some great pr spin, Ritchie Roberts, a bloke who by all accounts was honest and hard working, has stories about him being a dead beat dad totally made up.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement