Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Off Topic Thread & Off Topic Thread II - Collectors Edition Bumper Pack

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

I know dude, I know.

Don't wanna sound all cliché it's complicated. I'm gonna give it another chance and see what happens.

You broke up because it was complicated.

Complications are a waste of time.

Dude, be honest with yourself.

You're chasing a ride, you've been there, done that, and want it again.

You obviously are attracted to this girl at a basic level, but you know, eventually, it won't work out.

Save yourself the head-wreck, move on.

You could have your choice of women tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

:DHigh five! ;):pac::D

For you then

llama.gif

:DHigh five! ;):pac::D

Indeed! :)

Al, did you not slap it out in yer ones face?

Des wrote: »

You obviously are attracted to this girl at a basic level, but you know, eventually, it won't work out.

wcfnna.gif

Yes

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

err...what the hell did you put in your cereal this morning .....and i am a bit concerned by the last line tbh

neil, screw the bi.tch for all she has and then dump her when something better comes along,

neil, screw the bi.tch for all she has and then dump her when something better comes along,

This.

I'm not disputing these things, but I think they blurred the lines alot and portrayed Lucas someone he wasn't. From what I have read up on him, he certainly wasn't this man of the people character, a robin hood of sorts. He sounds like an absolute scum of the earth type of chap, and yet, the film leaves the viewer with the impression that he is a loveable rogue.

The impression the viewer is left with is that as soon as he is caught, he is helping the police out, going on the straight and narrow, and then once his jail term is over, back out to make an honest living. Not disclosing that his 1991 release was afetr a subsequent federal offence is very disingenuous.

So, whilst Lucas is given some great pr spin, Ritchie Roberts, a bloke who by all accounts was honest and hard working, has stories about him being a dead beat dad totally made up.

I agree with you because I read up on Lucas after i'd watched it. S.cum of the slum is the only way to describe him. The film does show a nice guy behind the loon which I'm not so sure is accurate. I also agree about Roberts, no need to portray the guy in that light unless its true. Was he consulted in the makign of the film?

As a film itself though charlie you have to admit its very enjoyable. IT is however very misleading.

err...what the hell did you put in your cereal this morning .....and i am a bit concerned by the last line tbh

What?

He's young, fit (in the athletic sense), tall, is from the SaithSayd, and has no problems talking the hind legs off donkeys.

He should have no bother chatting up any girl he wants, instead of crawling back to some girl who he's already done and broken up with before.

• Advertisement

I also agree about Roberts, no need to portray the guy in that light unless its true. Was he consulted in the makign of the film?

Doubt it, as he was highly critical of his portrayl in the film, and criticized the portrayal of Lucas as being 'almost noble'.

As a film itself though charlie you have to admit its very enjoyable. IT is however very misleading.

Oh, its highly enjoyable. However, Back To The Future is also highly enjoyable. Difference being, it is clear in BTTF that some mad bastid isn't going to pull up to my house in a clapped out DeLorean. With AG, it's not so clear that they are telling some big porkies. Alot of people would have walked away from that film thinking Richie Roberts was a deadbeat dad, and that Lucas was a hero of the working class.

What?

He's young, fit (in the athletic sense), tall, is from the SaithSayd, and has no problems talking the hind legs off donkeys.

When I read that, I imagined Joe Kinnear saying it. :D

Plan is to roll with it for now and just have fun. If I stop havin fun, I get out. If it gets complicated, I get out. If it goes well, I stay in....until it gets complicated/stops going well....then i get out! I'm pretty much just havin fun and right now, it's fun so I'm stayin in.

However you have now called dibs on telling me "I told ya so" when it goes arseways and we end up goin from friendly exes to mortal enemies.
    Des wrote:
    What?

He's young, fit (in the athletic sense), tall, is from the SaithSayd

Ah the Saith Sayd (where they drive cors raind raind abaits).....it's a golden ticket into any womans heart so it is!! :P
    Des wrote:
    and has no problems talking the hind legs off donkeys.

:D:o This is said of me everywhere I go! I talk to much, I apologise!
    Des wrote:
    He should have no bother chatting up any girl he wants, instead of crawling back to some girl who he's already done and broken up with before.

Yes and i've said that to mates who've done it before... very hypocritical of me tbh. But right now it can't be helped though I'm afraid.

:D

I will live by your motto, I promise!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭delija_sever029

And he lives quite near me IIRC...for shame!

:eek:

I would feel uncomfortable in that neighbourhood tbh...

When I read that, I imagined Joe Kinnear saying it. :D

There wasn't enough "cunt" in the post for me to be able to picture Joe saying it tbh

There wasn't enough "cunt" in the post for me to be able to picture Joe saying it tbh

Oh, sorry. Should have attached this to it so.

400x400_1191958781_spt_ai_darlingtonvleeds_05.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

never before on boards.ie has a greater truth been spoken than the bit in bold above :D

oh my word.

that statement is not pink or fluffy!
    Al, did you not slap it out in yer ones face?

are you trying to get me arrested?

no i did not.

i have more class than that

barely

I'm flying to the South of France on Sarurday Morning, until Monday, for a little break away with some very good friends of mine.

Can't wait.

Looks like it's going to be fine weather, with an average of 22 Degrees.

Oh Yes.

Mr Alan wrote: »

oh my word.

meh, i am not having a pink fluffy day, my bank reconcilliation is out by €10.00 - i cant find it anyway

I'm flying to the South of France on Sarurday Morning, until Monday, for a little break away with some very good friends of mine.

Can't wait.

Oh Yes.

What? with who?

Mr Alan wrote:
    never before on boards.ie has a greater truth been spoken than the bit in bold above :D

LOL :o
    Mr Alan wrote:
    oh my word.

She's likely right on the button though!

exes Al...yay or nay?!!!

Oh Yes.

churchill_dog.jpg

• Advertisement

meh, i am not having a pink fluffy day, my bank reconcilliation is out by €10.00 - i cant find it anyway

tick the bank statement....god I HATE ticking the bank statement!

:(
    tick the bank statement....god I HATE ticking the bank statement!

i have ticked the bloody bank account - HELP PLEASE

well,i used a pink higlighter on the CPJ and the Bank Statement

Is your balance €10 more or €10 less than whats on the statement?

If its less than the statement the the problem is in your lodgements and if its more then its in your cheques or direct debits.

One thing that catches ya is outstanding payments/lodgements. Are u sure that an outstanding lodgement/payment from last year that still hasnt come through isnt causing the difference?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

exes Al...yay or nay?!!!

well, Charlie reminding me of that ex yesterday has reopened an old wound so now may not be the best time to ask!:(

**** it neil, all circumstances are different, if you think you should, go for it.....one thing i will say, casual flings with ex's do not work....EVER, they will for a while, but they ALWAYS end badly. if your getting back with her, do it properly.

Is your balance €10 more or €10 less than whats on the statement?

If its less than the statement the the problem is in your lodgements and if its more then its in your cheques or direct debits.

One thing that catches ya is outstanding payments/lodgements. Are u sure that an outstanding lodgement/payment from last year that still hasnt come through isnt causing the difference?

i have €10.00 after deducting outstanding cheques from the bank statement closing balance

There are only two lodgements, so its not the lodgements but i have just discovered a transaction for €250 which is not on the CPJ which means even more hassle -

i wouldnt mind but i actually offered to do this for the client, i though it would be straight forward

bastards

Tell them to go to their bleedin' accountant, who is paid for this kind of crap.

No point giving yourself hassle tbh.

I wouldn't go over and above for anyone.

yeah, i found it.

two stale cheques had been included in the amount of €260 and the €250 hadnt been included

woo hoo - i am the BOMB

i have €10.00 after deducting outstanding cheques from the bank statement closing balance

There are only two lodgements, so its not the lodgements but i have just discovered a transaction for €250 which is not on the CPJ which means even more hassle -

i wouldnt mind but i actually offered to do this for the client, i though it would be straight forward

bastards

Is the CPJ totted properly?

Id guess its either a totting error, an outstanding transaction from the previous year or 2 that still hasn't gone through but hasnt been written off, or maybe you're missing a bank statement....

Nothing worse than the bank recs from hell......:mad:

EDIT: No need to worry, I see you got it!

Mr Alan wrote: »
    well, Charlie reminding me of that ex yesterday has reopened an old wound so now may not be the best time to ask!:(

**** it neil, all circumstances are different, if you think you should, go for it.....one thing i will say, casual flings with ex's do not work....EVER, they will for a while, but they ALWAYS end badly. if your getting back with her, do it properly.

I see what Al is saying here Neil, you should definetely go and take a dump on her chest.

:p

yeah, i found it.

two stale cheques had been included in the amount of €260 and the €250 hadnt been included

woo hoo - i am the BOMB

Schwing! Now go on lunch with a smile on your face! well done!

True that Des, bare minimum, within the hours assigned to the contract...and no more!

• Advertisement

pfb never smiles.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

Do people actually reconcile their bank accounts?

I have two bank account statii - Empty, not Empty. And except for one day a month it's generally the former.

*I'm so bored I actually went and looked up if statii is actually the plural of status after typing the above. Turns out it is statuses, or states. FACT.

pfb never smiles.

neither does chuck Norris.

neither does chuck Norris.

Chuck says differently Neil.

chuck_norris_approved.jpg

pfb never smiles.

quiet you

well people in my line of work have to reconcille their accounts or they wont get any money from me

Im off :p

Woohoooooo

I've an oul day off tomorrow in exchange for working last saturday.

I am planning to not leave the house.

bloody "Database Errors" :mad:

Dyin to get home today, barely stayin awake at the desk :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,908 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Can't wait.

Oh Yes.

Lol twas 26 here today and I'd a jacket on.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

I would just like to say

I F*CKIN HATE DOING DESIGN DOCUMENTS.

thats is all, you can back about your business.

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Lol twas 26 here today and I'd a jacket on.
    In a few months you'll smell of crotch sweat and be all red and pasty...

So there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,846 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

gotta love crotch sweat

Stink palm FTW!

Anyone seen Mallrats?!

Lol yup. A classic

"IT'S A FRICKIN SAIL BOAT!!!" :D

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Lol yup. A classic

"IT'S A FRICKIN SAIL BOAT!!!" :D

Earl and Randys first outing I believe! And Ben Affleck playing the guy u wanna just punch, just like in Dazed and Confused! Epic!

The blind date scene is heroic!

• Advertisement

Brainstorm time people.

I have a house warming on Saturday and I have to buy a gift. The guy is a down to earth GAA playing product designer who appreaciates practicality but who wouldn't really give a **** either way but the girl would be keen on top notch 'housey stuff' for example she spent 160 euro on a fúcking bin.

Any ideas of something costing up to about 50 or 60 euro that is practical and wouldn't look out of place in a brand new house full of 'decent' stuff?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

what a cracking day, went down to the 40 ft for a swim, cold but still class.

Brainstorm time people.

I have a house warming on Saturday and I have to buy a gift. The guy is a down to earth GAA playing product designer who appreaciates practicality but who wouldn't really give a **** either way but the girl would be keen on top notch 'housey stuff' for example she spent 160 euro on a fúcking bin.

Any ideas of something costing up to about 50 or 60 euro that is practical and wouldn't look out of place in a brand new house full of 'decent' stuff?

A set of picture frames.

Dead serious. Women love photos and he can get her good books by putting a nice one of him and her in one of the frames. Sorted.

what a cracking day, went down to the 40 ft for a swim, cold but still class.

I love the 40 foot. U do it on Christmas day?!

Brainstorm time people.

Ladies Lounge tbh. We'll suggest lazyboys and the likes!

160 on a bin.....fcuk sake........how bout buyin them a 60e kettle?!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement