Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Off Topic Thread & Off Topic Thread II - Collectors Edition Bumper Pack

Comments

eZe^ wrote: »
    It feels like we got to the last level boss, lost all our lives and now have to start from the very start because we left our memory card in a friends house during a sleepover.

Ah, to be 9 years old again!!! :pac:

Its ok, now we have the daughter to play with! pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

Mr Alan wrote: »
    I nominate post number 6 in the "Where is the Off Topic Thread gone" thread as the best post made in the soccer forum in 2008.

I knew few would get that Al, cheers.

I love the bloke in that vid (mild Geordie accent) 'Ya spelt boycott wrong.......tits'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,077 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Whatever Al's new young friend's name is I nominate for the new threads name.

That or Lolita.

Oh yeah, obligatory poundit .gifs for the new thread.

3.gif3.gif3.gif3.gif3.gif3.gif3.gif3.gif3.gif3.gif3.gif3.gif3.gif3.gif

Oh yeah, obligatory poundit .gifs for the new thread.

3.gif3.gif3.gif3.gif3.gif3.gif3.gif3.gif3.gif3.gif3.gif3.gif3.gif3.gif

Jesus i forgot.

Al, Ryan Adams is teh ghey.

Xavi, gloat about the weather!

Des, quick, call me poshe!

GY, tell us about the goals you scored tonight?

alanmurphy bust some chops

Shiverin Eskimo....aye right

pfb and Des stage an online break up

Sort it out lads!!

Jesus the MILF was such an epic thread!!

• Advertisement

dont forget;

Charlie, post some pics from Football365!

and for you,
    Neil, tell us about some form of martial arts related activity, and post the old hulk pic.

And everyone, post some random/obscure/cheesey youtube music clips.

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    dont forget;

and for you,
    Neil, tell us about some form of martial arts related activity, and post the old hulk pic.

And everyone, post some random/obscure/cheesey youtube music clips.

I posted that pic in here?! Wat was i thinkin!! :pac: I've posted pics on boards before, didn't think i was dumb enough to post in the soccer forum tho! :D

I don't talk much martial arts in here, do I?! i think for me it's...."Ive done no work again today"!

I posted that pic in here?! Wat was i thinkin!! :pac: I've posted pics on boards before, didn't think i was dumb enough to post in the soccer forum tho! :D

I don't talk much martial arts in here, do I?! i think for me it's...."Ive done no work again today"!

nah i don't think you actually posted it, just linked via the off topic bebo group thing.

Are you still under the watchful eye of your boss now these days? Or have they gone back to trusting ya to work?

nah i don't think you actually posted it, just linked via the off topic bebo group thing.

Are you still under the watchful eye of your boss now these days? Or have they gone back to trusting ya to work?

I actually did post it on the MILF when we were chattin about Haloween cos Des posted a pic of himself dressed as a pirate!

Em not as bad, I'm still in the desk he moved me to but I go on this anyway and he doesn't seem to notice, I changed the background to black so from a distance you wouldn't know what it was!! I do a lot more work now than I used to (Aye Right) mainly because I know more about what I'm doin!! How ya enjoyin bein back in Ireland now dude?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

Eh surely on topic stuff should see said posted banned no? no need to ruin everyones fun surely?!

I find that one threat is a greater deterrent than the other :p

• Advertisement

dont forget;

For you good sir.

anteater.jpg

hockey_jesus.jpg

2lsbmoo.gif

rc3n9j.jpg

1209501628624.jpg

terrys_creek507.jpg
    295wfu9.gif

4tkkus.jpg

2j61rv7.gif

He-ManJerk.gif

and some epic bewbs to finish it off....

7hlex3gxer3fuspsxgl0.jpg

I actually did post it on the MILF when we were chattin about Haloween cos Des posted a pic of himself dressed as a pirate!

Em not as bad, I'm still in the desk he moved me to but I go on this anyway and he doesn't seem to notice, I changed the background to black so from a distance you wouldn't know what it was!! I do a lot more work now than I used to (Aye Right) mainly because I know more about what I'm doin!! How ya enjoyin bein back in Ireland now dude?!

not very much to be honest. Still job hunting, but noone in Cork seems to be hiring IT people with less then 2 years experience :(

On the plus side, I'm surfing a lot...

GY, tell us about the goals you scored tonight?
    It has been a while actually.

Our team lost a some key players to injury (and pregnancy) and our form has dropped.

I did score a sweet free kick into the upper 90 two weeks ago, but I've been living on assists (3) since then. :(

GuanYin wrote: »

Our team lost a some key players to injury (and pregnancy) and our form has dropped.

I did score a sweet free kick into the upper 90 two weeks ago, but I've been living on assists (3) since then. :(

nothing worse then a goal drought tbh. Even if still playing well, its just not the same if not scoring goals, theres no substitution for it. Went through one recently enough, but in a nice patch now where every shot seems to find its way in, even if it meets 2 deflections on the way, Lampard stylee.

nothing worse then a goal drought tbh. Even if still playing well, its just not the same if not scoring goals, theres no substitution for it. Went through one recently enough, but in a nice patch now where every shot seems to find its way in, even if it meets 2 deflections on the way, Lampard stylee.

Replace goal with cunt tbh, and see how the rest reads.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Thread needs more tags!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭DeadSkin

Thread should be renamed, The Bastard Child of the Off Topic Thread.

Edit: Bastard Child of Archimedes & GuanYin Off Topic Thread

top corner! ;)

nice work, I'm playin indoor footy tomorrow, Ill let ya know about all the goals i score! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭delija_sever029

Well its time for delija to honor this thread with his first post:cool:

Anyone else think that Bruce Willis is a proper legend.

He couldn't give a fook about Ashton having his sloppy seconds

bruce-willis-demi-moore-strange-divorce.jpg

The guy just upgrades

1216.jpg

• Advertisement

Hey the man wants to get his fish,Ashton already has one

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Anytime I am in the States and I turn on the MLS it seems like a different game,even the way the commentators talk about the game.

Dub13 wrote: »
    Anytime I am in the States and I turn on the MLS it seems like a different game,even the way the commentators talk about the game.

We have British and Irish announcers for the EPL games here (I think it's from the you Fox Sky Sports), so I guess I see the difference between your terms and ours.

We grew up using different terms. The Europeans I play with eventually adapt when they play ;)

We have British and Irish announcers for the EPL games here (I think it's from the you Fox Sky Sports), so I guess I see the difference between your terms and ours.

We grew up using different terms. The Europeans I play with eventually adapt when they play ;)

just could never see myself saying "Boom! Upper 90!"
    Might give it a bash next week and see what reaction i get though :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Even the way they talk about the League table takes a while to get used to its all NY are 6 from 5 for the season.Before I worked out what the first Stat meant I was hit with 6/7 more,I was getting tired just looking at the highlight's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,908 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Well this is new....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

So is it PES or Fifa for people this year?

PES is a lot more creative and fun than Fifa. I might get Fifa to make me appreciate just how fufilling PES is this year.

Also Fifas edit mode is a load of piss, while PES has got back the good edit mode.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭One Cold Hand

Was watching House last night (the TV show, not the place that I live). The guy is f00king cool, he's my new hero.
    Next week I'm going to treat everyone in my work the same as he treats his co-workers.

FIFA09 rules all the way

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭One Cold Hand

So is it PES or Fifa for people this year?

PES is a lot more creative and fun than Fifa. I might get Fifa to make me appreciate just how fufilling PES is this year.

Also Fifas edit mode is a load of piss, while PES has got back the good edit mode.

Haven't played eithr in the last year or so, but it's always been PES for me.

Im gonna wait till I hear a bit more about PES 09 after release before i commit. Wasn't the biggest fan of 08, found the players movements a bit annoyingly clunky and awkward, so hoping they go back to a bit freer movement.

Fingers crossed anyway!

FIFA09 rules all the way

Shut up you.:rolleyes:

:)

I just don't like Fifa at all. I don't like the player movement. I just wish Konami would implement better animation. Like the penalties in Fifa are so nice, a good range of diversity and you actually feel something when you score, whearas in PES its just a boring non event.

I love the dribbling in Pro Evolution but there should be more diversity in moves.

Shut up you.:rolleyes:

:)

I just don't like Fifa at all. I don't like the player movement. I just wish Konami would implement better animation. Like the penalties in Fifa are so nice, a good range of diversity and you actually feel something when you score, whearas in PES its just a boring non event.

I love the dribbling in Pro Evolution but there should be more diversity in moves.

Well i tryed PC edition of Winning Eleven 3 years ago,graphics were awful and gameplay a bit better than FIFA,anyway i still like FIFA coz i am fan of nice graphics,cant wait to try FIFA09 coz i saw this one is best ever:D

FIFA has always had teh ghey tbh (except the original FIFA International Soccer on the Mega Drive which ruled).

I'll always be a Pro Evo man, though it would make a difference if one of them could bring in the indoor thing again like in FIFA 98 and 99. That was class.

Xavi6 wrote: »
    FIFA has always had teh ghey tbh (except the original FIFA International Soccer on the Mega Drive which ruled).

I'll always be a Pro Evo man, though it would make a difference if one of them could bring in the indoor thing again like in FIFA 98 and 99. That was class.

+1 Had Fifa Road to the world cup 98 (got it free - what a pointless concept for a game!), spent nearly as much time on indoor as i did on the full pitch mode.

• Advertisement

Come on FIFA fans where are ya?:D

there was meant to be an indoor arena in this years PES. I'd say next year its likely cause apparently Konami is going out all guns blazing for the 2010 edition.

Madden>>>>>>>>>>>>All football games.

There, I said it.

I would be inclined to agree. Career mode is the shizzle.

Had a couple of epic games last night playing as the Chargers as well.

I would be inclined to agree. Career mode is the shizzle.

Had a couple of epic games last night playing as the Chargers as well.

Theres just so much more depth with a Madden game I feel.

With Pro Ev, after a week or two, I really only play it if the lads come round. With Madden, and particulalry with the online mode, you get endless months of enjoyment.

Nothing like going for a hail mary in the 4th Qr, 10 secs left on the clock, on a 4th down.

• Advertisement

Yeah Pro Evo is more so a 'lads and a few cans' type game whereas Madden is the sort of thing you can get lost in for hours on your own.

They're the only two games I own over here so I'm doin ok!

Yeah Pro Evo is more so a 'lads and a few cans' type game whereas Madden is the sort of thing you can get lost in for hours on your own.

They're the only two games I own over here so I'm doin ok!

Agreed.

Well laters dude, off to the scratcher land.

Goodnight and good luck

Mornin girls,

The new FIFA looks class (apparently they robbed a lot of the PES crew to make it) but until I play the new PES I'm not sure what my answer is. As a PES man I'm goin with that for now. oh an indoor mode is teh awesome.

Don't play Madden but I have NFL street for the PS2 which was a bitta craic.

Dyin for a decent snowboarding game for the PS3.

And yea Bruce is the man, that photo just oozes "I just don't give a fcuk!" ..... the only way to live tbh.

Oh oh.

The ma got a phone call from Bank of Ireland yesterday. Apparently I kinda forgot to pay off my Irish credit card for the past three months. Small spot of bother......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

An occasional sleep in works wonders for productivity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

The MILF needs to brought back!!!!
    Oh oh.

The ma got a phone call from Bank of Ireland yesterday. Apparently I kinda forgot to pay off my Irish credit card for the past three months. Small spot of bother......

In fairness they are hardly going to be able to find you. Plus you could probably sue them for revealing personal financial information to your mother (unless she is a joint holder on the account).

However you are now the cause of a bad debt. So basically you are the reason the worlds banking and financial system are in ruin. Everyone not able to get a job, mortgage, car loan, or overdraft can now blame Xavi its his fault.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,659 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

However you are now the cause of a bad debt. So basically you are the reason the worlds banking and financial system are in ruin. Everyone not able to get a job, mortgage, car loan, or overdraft can now blame Xavi its his fault.

The way I see it we basically own that bank now, so when they ring Xavi's Ma again, tell them cop the fúck on and stop being so ungrateful, also tell them take it handy on the phone calls, there not free.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

Boggles wrote: »
    The way I see it we basically own that bank now, so when they ring Xavi's Ma again, tell them cop the fúck on and stop being so ungrateful, also tell them take it handy on the phone calls, there not free.

Well Xavi no longer pays Irish taxes, so he does not really "own" the bank.
    However he doesn't really owe the bank either, he actually owes the Irish taxpayer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Was watching House last night (the TV show, not the place that I live). The guy is f00king cool, he's my new hero.
    Next week I'm going to treat everyone in my work the same as he treats his co-workers.

House is awesome, watched a few episodes of it myself last night.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement