Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Off Topic Thread & Off Topic Thread II - Collectors Edition Bumper Pack

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,908 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Well I phoned the bank long distance (pricks wouldn't deal with my ma, confidentiality and all that bollox) and they were just making sure I was still alive. I had to convince them I had the money to pay the debt, even though I don't.

Even if I do send some money home it will get raped by the weakness of the Aussie dollar, rendering it pretty much useless. Good times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    Whatever Al's new young friend's name is I nominate for the new threads name.

That or Lolita.

There's no way we're calling this thread Julian. No way!!

Alan busting chops as usual I see.... :p

Morning ye bollixs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Jeez, so far we've been called girls and bo!!ixes! Nice!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Well I phoned the bank long distance (pricks wouldn't deal with my ma, confidentiality and all that bollox) and they were just making sure I was still alive. I had to convince them I had the money to pay the debt, even though I don't.

Even if I do send some money home it will get raped by the weakness of the Aussie dollar, rendering it pretty much useless. Good times.

Hmmm, I would suggest getting an Australian Credit Card to avoid the currency raping.
    Alan busting chops as usual I see.... :p

Morning ye bollixs

It may be a new thread but it will be the same story.

Hmmm, I would suggest getting an Australian Credit Card to avoid the currency raping.

Already have one and that's in debt too..... :D

My Irish debts are from before I left home. Haven't used it really since I got here.

One thing though Xavi.

If you are planning to come home in the next few years getting any type of loan will be difficult because it will show up on your ICB.

Ah I know. It's not a massive debt by any means, couple of hundred. I just keep forgetting to pay it off on the old banking 365.

Xavi ya thief, just pay the damned money! :pac:

• Advertisement

Wanna give me a loan?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Wanna give me a loan?!

lol, with your credit history?

You should go to Loand Direct or somewhere like that.

Wanna give me a loan?!

I charge a 500% interest rate the first 3 years and 1000% for every year after that and I want your Aussie passport.............Deal?!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

I was watching crappy TV and actually bothered reading one of the examples in tiny text on the bottom of the screen. It was a 10 grand loan repayable at blah blah over so long - total repayable 28,000.

Joke.

Hmmm I think I'll just keep doing what I've been doing - nothing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭Im_No_Superman

Mornin girls,

The new FIFA looks class (apparently they robbed a lot of the PES crew to make it) but until I play the new PES I'm not sure what my answer is. As a PES man I'm goin with that for now. oh an indoor mode is teh awesome.

Don't play Madden but I have NFL street for the PS2 which was a bitta craic.

Dyin for a decent snowboarding game for the PS3.

And yea Bruce is the man, that photo just oozes "I just don't give a fcuk!" ..... the only way to live tbh.
    Morning gents, so is Milf gone for good now? She will be missed! :(

Really want to get the new Pro evo, the thing is I dont have a PS3 or Xbox. Have always been a pro evo on PS2 man but I think its time to upgrade. Really considering getting an Xbox now though, dont think I can justify splashing out €400+ on a PS3 considering how cheap the Xbox is now. Considering the consoles main use will be Pro Evo I think the Xbox is the way to go. Any opinions?

• Advertisement

Hard to beat the xbox - but then I have one so I'm biased.

Will you use the Blu Ray player in the PS3?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,846 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Fair play to the French dude in my work. Just came back from Switzerland with a serious amount of handmade chocs for us

Nothin better then a big block of white Swiss chocs at 11am

CSS ftw to be quite honest lads!

Used to love pro evo back in the day. Some sick money exchanges with the lads playing doubles and singles. Got messy.

I have a PS3 and I only use it when people are in my house or if my brother wants a game. I don't play video games on my own. How much is the X-Box 360 nowadays!?

Yea looks like the DB ate our thread :(

With me nearing the 5K mark I wanted that 5000th post to be in that thread :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

pffft, 5000 :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Hard to beat the xbox - but then I have one so I'm biased.

Will you use the Blu Ray player in the PS3?
    No, blu ray wouldnt be a selling point for me personally. Its just the mindset that Ive been a PS man all my life but things move on I suppose.

Jerk :pac:

Mr Alan wrote: »
    pffft, 5000 :rolleyes:

pfft just over 8000 :rolleyes:

/awaits Des' follow up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

Alreet lads. Neil, get Madden and dump that street sh/t it isn't a patch on Madden.

KaG, we're you referrig to CSS the band? If so, then yes, they are the shizzel.

Owt regarding the return of the MILF?
    Trilla wrote: »
    Nothin better then a big block of white Swiss cock at 11am

O rly? :D

I have a PS3 and I only use it when people are in my house or if my brother wants a game. I don't play video games on my own. How much is the X-Box 360 nowadays!?

Yea looks like the DB ate our thread :(

With me nearing the 5K mark I wanted that 5000th post to be in that thread :(
    Its €239 for the Xbox with 60GB hard drive. Alot more affordable than a PS3 especially when your unemployed!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,072 ✭✭✭✭event

have played the demo of pro evo last night, one game of it and i didnt like it.
    its fun, but in an arcadey way, doesnt seem like real football.
    fifa is just class and the be a pro mode has me hooked, really liking it

Alreet lads. Neil, get Madden and dump that street sh/t it isn't a patch on Madden.

I mite give it a go. I normally go halves with the bro on these things. Guitar Queer-o has been on the list for a while though.....plus Ill have to get one of the new soccer games!

I HATE them Guitar Hero and SingSongSuperStar games.

They fúcking ruin parties.

What kind of gimp thinks it's fun to lash out the PS or XBox at eleven o'clock at night when people are around, and start a fúcking kareoke session?

I HATE people who do that, ruining my night.

Was at a "party" once and this happened, myself, the missus and some othr girl just sat in a corner chain smoking for the rest of the night. Drinking shots of some Hungarian herb thing called Unicum (:eek:). It's vile.

unicum.jpg

We were last to leave too,

I mite give it a go. I normally go halves with the bro on these things. Guitar Queer-o has been on the list for a while though.....plus Ill have to get one of the new soccer games!

Aye, go for it.

Got Guitar Hero for Christmas from the sister, and whilst it is pretty class, I find the novelty wears off pretty quickly. The difference in the difficulty levels is ghey, and to make any sort of progression with it, you'd have to dedicate your life to it.

I agree Des, guitar hero or any video games are for the few beers with the lads type of night. Games at parties is ghey. I was at a party once where people started playin scrabble (yes scrabble).....seriously wtf.......I was first to leave tbh.

• Advertisement

KaG, we're you referrig to CSS the band? If so, then yes, they are the shizzel.

Owt regarding the return of the MILF?

O rly? :D

Morning Charlie,
    Naa was talking about Counterstrike Source cause all the other bolllixs were talking about games etc.

2 more days of work then to being a professional bum :o - o dear

What's even the point of that Guitar Hero game?

Why don't people just pick up a real guitar and learn to play the bleedin' thing, much more satisfying.

Idiots.

I've been thinking about getting Rock Band 2 with all the instruments - 200 euro for game and instruments is a lot of money for a feckin Game though.

I'll stick to the odd game of FIFA I think.

Pray tell - Do you have to like American Football to like Madden - I always hear how good it is but I really don't think an awful lot of American Football so always thought it would be wasted on me.

I've been thinking about getting Rock Band 2 with all the instruments - 200 euro for game and instruments is a lot of money for a feckin Game though.

People who'd pay money for that kind of tripe deserve to be fleeced, imo.

And Neil, scrabble at a Party? I'd hate to know your mates.

Des wrote: »
    What's even the point of that Guitar Hero game?

Why don't people just pick up a real guitar and learn to play the bleedin' thing, much more satisfying.

Idiots.
    Prob to do with the difficulty factor and the fact that it's all on a plate for you - learning the guitar takes time effort and skill. Any idiot can pick up guitar hero and start doing songs on it.
    People who'd pay money for that kind of tripe deserve to be fleeced, imo.

Completely right - friends of mine who have it live in a house so they all pitched in for it 40 or 50 a head. They claim to love it. And a few of them actually do play real guitar.

anyone know wat song this is?
    Put ____ ______ hand _____ baby,_____ _____ you, _____ _____ lovin ______
    ______ darlin.

The _____ _____ _____ babies, ____ get __ divorce, ______ ___ run ____
    course!

Something by The Vengaboys?

Pray tell - Do you have to like American Football to like Madden - I always hear how good it is but I really don't think an awful lot of American Football so always thought it would be wasted on me.

No, not at all. In fact, Madden is how my friends and I got into American football. Before we started playing it, we didn't like NFL at all. Someone had a copy of Madden though, and we all just got hooked on it. Once that kicked in, we also gained a much better appreciation of American football in general, and stated enjoying following it and watching games.

Seriously, give it a bash.

No, not at all. In fact, Madden is how my friends and I got into American football. Before we started playing it, we didn't like NFL at all. Someone had a copy of Madden though, and we all just got hooked on it. Once that kicked in, we also gained a much better appreciation of American football in general, and stated enjoying following it and watching games.

Seriously, give it a bash.
    I might see if I can get a pre-owned copy at some stage. FIFA was already this month's purchase and there's a few big titles coming shortly that I'll want to get.

I must have a look though. Cheers.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

why have we got a new thread? i cant be bothered reading the whole thing

not sure Des, girl in work asked me.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,309 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Latest set back to Newcastles search for an invester.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

And if there is crying then I will probably laugh :)

You're such a trooper!

And hai, I'm new to this newwwwww OT thread.

Neil, the dude I posted in the Oirland Cyprus thread was Buzz Killington

This is Reginald

family-guy-i-disagree-1.jpg

Morning Charlie

Mowwnin' boss.
    Naa was talking about Counterstrike Source cause all the other bolllixs were talking about games etc.

Oh. Then this is you:

nerd_385x261.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

I agree with Des about those guitar hero type games. They are only a small step away from those stupid dancing arcade games (and dancing mats for consoles) that were around a few years ago. Pointless stuff tbh.

Mr Alan wrote: »
    anyone know wat song this is?

Put ____ ______ hand _____ baby,_____ _____ you, _____ _____ lovin ______
    ______ darlin.

The _____ _____ _____ babies, ____ get __ divorce, ______ ___ run ____
    course!

Al.

I found these lyrics

Your friend may have misheard them, perhaps, could this be the song, it kind of fits with the second paragraph you posted up?

The models will have children, we'll get a divorce
    We'll find some more models, everything must run it's course.

It's by MGMT, and called Time To Pretend

http://www.lyricsmode.com/lyrics/m/mgmt/time_to_pretend.html

Would that be it I wonder.

Des wrote: »
    Neil, the dude I posted in the Oirland Cyprus thread was Buzz Killington

This is Reginald

family-guy-i-disagree-1.jpg

Actually Des I was wrong then, and you're wrong now. Reginald is the guy he shouts at!

i find that guitar hero game a lot more difficult than learning to play basic guitar tbh.

Its defo Time to pretend.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement