Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Off Topic Thread & Off Topic Thread II - Collectors Edition Bumper Pack

Comments

GuanYin wrote: »
    We go to great lengths to ensure this place isn't football365 and you guys start posting crap from there.

Incidently, none of you will ever know if I'm a moaner or not, but I hear Des squeaks like a little girl. :p

NONE of my GIFs are from F365.

Des roars like a lion...apparently! Can u not convince Mr GY to post on boards?! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

We go to great lengths to ensure this place isn't football365 and you guys start posting crap from there.
    Thank you very much.

I effing hate that forum.
    Incidently, none of you will ever know if I'm a moaner or not,
    Wanna bet ;)

but I hear Des squeaks like a little girl. :p
    I bet you'd love to find out the truth

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

I don't mind photos if they're SFW. The female form is far nice thanthe male after all ;)

But we have the slightdice forum for a reason and I know I wouldn't like my photo taken from myspace posted on some soccer BBS forum.

Can u not convince Mr GY to post on boards?! :pac:

There is no Mr. GY, unless you mean my father, in which case I'm not quite sure what he'd contribute to boards, other than amuse with his misuse of "engrish"

Des wrote: »
    Wanna bet ;)
    Noone even vaguely associated with this site has witnessed the conditions required, so yes :)
    I bet you'd love to find out the truth

You should really fear girl talk more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

Nowt wrong with a little 365.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,077 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

KaG and Rebel, I feel the pain brothers. I have a 1st class degree and a Masters, and I am struggling to find work. Damn recession 2.gif

same here, except my degree's only Second class honours :( Masters was good though.

Signing on tomorrow anyway, waited far too long tbh, might see if i can cajole and chat my way into getting some backpay, but i'm not optimistic.

Neil, usually surfing in Garretstown or Inchydoney in Cork. Gtown is only a half hour from my house so thats pretty handy, though Inch is better.
    Pretty decent conditions at the moment though;
    http://magicseaweed.com/Cork-Area-Surf-Report/54/

Ok threads merged and it nearly killed the site on my side (I dunno if anyone else saw the blip) so I think this will run to 10K posts and then be retired.

Enjoy.

There is no Mr. GY, unless you mean my father, in which case I'm not quite sure what he'd contribute to boards, other than amuse with his misuse of "engrish"

Ah..... well Al and Des are both good guys, i can vouch for them but then des is taken and Al is training the youth academy at the moment!

Hey GY I scored a few nice goals tonight, but then again it was 5 a side so its more meh tbh!
    Ok threads merged and it nearly killed the site on my side (I dunno if anyone else saw the blip) so I think this will run to 10K posts and then be retired.

Enjoy.

We're starting a new one naturally?!

Transformers....best blockbuster film in years tbh!

bc3hu7.gif

Transforming.gif

Ah..... well Al and Des are both good guys, i can vouch for them
    This really says more about you than them.
    but then des is taken
    Indeed he is :)
    and Al is training the youth academy at the moment!

I just threw up in my mouth a little.
    Hey GY I scored a few nice goals tonight, but then again it was 5 a side
    Wow! I'll be watching the web for your international call up :p

I'd guess you're at least as good as the 14 year old girl who trains with us!
    so its more meh tbh!
    Nono, I think it is an achievement to be proud of.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,077 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Enjoy.

aye, caught the blip as well, cheers for the merging. One could say you have a great imergeination.

Im sorry. That was awful.

God i hate firefox. Had a reply to you written up GY but firefox switched it off and I'm not arsed writin it up again. So a quick summary

- I've met Al and Des....you haven't......don't judge the epersona tbh!

- Your sarcastic ways are pretty epic tbh. Would love to see yourself v alanmurphy in a flamewar!

- Where are YOUR intn'l caps?! ;)

- if I play real well I'm BETTER than that 14 year old you train with! :D

062aq.gif

• Advertisement

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    aye, caught the blip as well, cheers for the merging. One could say you have a great imergeination.

Im sorry. That was awful.

Tbh

682695mx5.gif

Collectors Edition?

Nice.

God i hate firefox.

:mad:

IE is a horrible browser.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

Transformers....best blockbuster film in years tbh!

Gotta say i hated transformers. ****ing Shia Le Bouf.

Thats two of my childhood heros that you have ****ed about with. Prepare to die.

Gotta say i hated transformers. ****ing Shia Le Bouf.

Thats two of my childhood heros that you have ****ed about with. Prepare to die.

oldmanladder0zr.gif

Tbh Megan Fox is all i've got to say.

727411069_d57ffe06c7.jpg?v=0

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Nice pic of Megan Fox.

Neil,what style of Martial Arts are you into..?

Mixed?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

Tbh Megan Fox is all i've got to say.

727411069_d57ffe06c7.jpg?v=0

She's got a bitchy face about her though. I've read interviews where she comes across as pretty sound.

I will never get tired of this one:

allisonstokke.jpg

Dub13 wrote: »
    Nice pic of Megan Fox.

Neil,what style of Martial Arts are you into..?

She's hotter than a mexican lunch tbh!

I train Brazilian Jiu Jitsu and Muay-Thai.

• Advertisement

Mixed?

Yup

Mixed?

Very few people would start of doing mixed most people get a base in one style and then branch out.

Two interesting styles.

I did a good bit of Kenpo in my youth,my father is doing it since the 60s still trains/teaches today.He was a member of the first Kenpo club in Europe.

Sorry bout all the GIFs tonight lads, found some good ones, though I'd share! Last few before I hit the hay, I promise!!

kfcrun.gif
    karun9em.gif
    t2reload.gif
    3x1703gn.gif
    fast6fi3ek.gif
    meg.gif

Nite lads! :pac:

- I've met Al and Des....you haven't......don't judge the epersona tbh!

Where did I judge? :p
    - Your sarcastic ways are pretty epic tbh. Would love to see yourself v alanmurphy in a flamewar!

I'm not sarcastic!
    - Where are YOUR intn'l caps?! ;)

I've multiple state allstar caps, considering at least one of the states is much bigger than Ireland, I think that is close enough.
    - if I play real well I'm BETTER than that 14 year old you train with! :D
    Actually, I wouldn't count on that. :)

I agree wholeheartedly - Megan Fox is a stunning woman!

Very few people would start of doing mixed most people get a base in one style and then branch out.

Two interesting styles.

I did a good bit of Kenpo in my youth,my father is doing it since the 60s still trains/teaches today.He was a member of the first Kenpo club in Europe.

Really? Where was is/his club based? How come you gave it up as a matter of interest?! That's deadly that he;s kept it up into his 60's. Very satisfying thing is martial arts. I was at Jiu jitsu 5 years nearly before i got my blue belt in it.

My jiu jitsu teacher did Kenpo for years and years. A lot of the lads i train jits with still do it actually. Most of them are very elusive strikers, they make you chase them and tend to get in and get out very well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

I understand.

jew-jitsu.jpg

Gifs rule.

office_rage.gif

Neil, check your PMs.

• Advertisement

Really? Where was is/his club based? How come you gave it up as a matter of interest?!

My jiu jitsu teacher did Kenpo for years and years. A lot of the lads i train jits with still do it actually. Most of them are very elusive strikers, they make you chase them and tend to get in and get out very well.

He still has a club today in Raheny.At one stage he had loads of clubs must have been 15 all over Dublin.He started off in High Street in the City,anybody who is in Kenpo a long time would no that club.

I did it for years and was doing way to much sport,soccer,football,hurling,kenpo.Something had to given,I only meant to stop for a while but just never got back into it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭ITT-Pat

I don't mind photos if they're SFW. The female form is far nice thanthe male after all ;)

But we have the slightdice forum for a reason and I know I wouldn't like my photo taken from myspace posted on some soccer BBS forum.

what does this mean?:o

oh and what is the opposite of SFW?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,908 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

SFW = Safe For Work
    NSFW = Not Safe For Work

I gotta stop sleeping. Everything changes while I'm snoozing.

He still has a club today in Raheny.At one stage he had loads of clubs must have been 15 all over Dublin.He started off in High Street in the City,anybody who is in Kenpo a long time would no that club.

I did it for years and was doing way to much sport,soccer,football,hurling,kenpo.Something had to given,I only meant to stop for a while but just never got back into it.

Well one thing I will say is it's never too late to get back into it. We have lads training with us who are in their mid 40's and they've only started. Randy Couture is the current UFC Heavyweight Champ and he's 45!

So the stock markets takin yet another dramatic fall this mornin.......worrying times.
    Xavi6 wrote:
    I gotta stop sleeping. Everything changes while I'm snoozing.

That's the sort of thing one would say when they wake up beside a fat bird!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

So the stock markets takin yet another dramatic fall this mornin.......worrying times.

The world is ****ed we might as well get used to the idea. At least its pretty much the entire world and not just us.

America = F*cked.
    Europe = F*cked
    England = F*cked
    Ireland = F*cked
    Australia = F*cked (at least I think heard something about worst week in the stock market for X amounts of years and unemployment growing very quickly.)
    Even Asia is getting hit.
    That's the sort of thing one would say when they wake up beside a fat bird!

Oh his bird will not appreciate that comment.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

just got a mail about redundanciesm, anyone want to buy a house?

Wow way to ruin a weekend. Think they could have waited till Monday at least. Although now everyone can get pissed to help "deal" with the news.

That sucks though. I'm very happy right now that I'm not part of a large multinational I think everyone in one is a little fearful.

As for the house I will offer you a can of coke, a bag of crisps, and a two for one Eddie Rockets voucher. Depending on location.

That sucks though. I'm very happy right now that I'm not part of a large multinational I think everyone in one is a little fearful..

I work for a government agency
    As for the house I will offer you a can of coke, a bag of crisps, and a two for one Eddie Rockets voucher. Depending on location.

done

But i am heading to france tomorrow for the weekend, so i am not going to thnk about it

Well one thing I will say is it's never too late to get back into it. We have lads training with us who are in their mid 40's and they've only started. Randy Couture is the current UFC Heavyweight Champ and he's 45!

Maybe one day I will get back into it.I have to say I did enjoy it immensely the years I was doing it.

Depends on were the house is,IIRC you are a Bray girl....you would have to pay me to take a house out there.

Sure you will get a new job in no time.

I work for a government agency

You make it sound like the CIA.
    Not surprised at government cutbacks either. Every department is going to be asked to slash their budget by at least 3% next year, and the easiest way to do that is to let staff go.

The weird thing for me is, this recession and cutback stuff is actually bringing money into my company as everyone wants to spend their IT budgets this year before they cut next year.

So can we meet on Monday to sign over the deeds.

What kind of crisps do you want?

Morning you degenerates,
    Last day in here today.

The Van scene
    *Raise glass*

To unemployment!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,908 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Sorry to hear about that PFB. Mad shit altogether. Stocks here plunged to a 21 year low today. Now I'm no market expert but that to me is bad news.

Depends on were the house is,IIRC you are a Bray girl....you would have to pay me to take a house out there.

You couldnt pay me enough money to live in bray, the place is full of sc......

i live on the wonderful northside

You make it sound like the CIA.
    Not surprised at government cutbacks either. Every department is going to be asked to slash their budget by at least 3% next year, and the easiest way to do that is to let staff go.

The weird thing for me is, this recession and cutback stuff is actually bringing money into my company as everyone wants to spend their IT budgets this year before they cut next year.

So can we meet on Monday to sign over the deeds.

What kind of crisps do you want?

oh i am in france on monday, will tuesday do? I would like some walkers cheese and onion please.

yes, i work for the CIA. hopefully, i will be okay but you never know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭ibh

I love the Chris Moyles Golden Hour on fridays. Annie Lennox, follwed by David Bowie.. Quality..

No unemployment for me in the near future. I'm way too underpayed therefore sacking me makes fcuk all difference to anyone. Plus i work in Norn Iron where the British Government subsidising everything to stop them killing each other..

Can't wait to get p'ssed tonight. By any means necessary. Were getting free pizza in work today so hopefully a few beers as well.

Ha, now playing Fresh Prince of Bel-Air!!!:cool:

• Advertisement

i live on the wonderful northside

Good girl,Northside girls are best.

Hope you don't get let go and if you do you find something fast.

Hope you don't get let go and if you do you find something fast.

well, i wont know until after the budget but fingers crossed - my fall back plan, was to head down to the canal but they appear to be feeling the pinch too :o

Yeah they are so easy..................................

...............going.:)

First off pfb, very sorry to hear that. Sh1tty times we're livin in but I've no doubt things will pick up.

ibh wrote: »
    No unemployment for me in the near future. I'm way too underpayed therefore sacking me makes fcuk all difference to anyone.

I'd like to think that this applies to me for now as well. Maybe I should lie low from boards for a while though. My field of work is SUPPOSED to be recession proof but if it's a case of only the elite surviving then I'm fcked. Better pick up the effort levels me thinks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,846 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Anyone go to that Charity comedy gig in Laughter Lounge lasty night? Funny stuff gotta say. A guy from Glasgow and another from Dundalk, funny f'uckers!

I'd like to think that this applies to me for now as well. Maybe I should lie low from boards for a while though. My field of work is SUPPOSED to be recession proof but if it's a case of only the elite surviving then I'm fcked. Better pick up the effort levels me thinks.

Well thats hardly gonna start happening on a Friday.

Well thats hardly gonna start happening on a Friday.

Let's be honest, it's just hardly gonna start happening tbh! :pac:

Maybe Monday....if I'm in the mood!

boards.ie going offline brielfy at 11.30.....NOOOOOOOOOO! now I have to work (Aye Right) ....... FCUK IT!

ibh wrote: »
    I love the Chris Moyles Golden Hour on fridays

Woke up to it this morning

<3 Moylesy.

• Advertisement

I hate this run in to the weekend,heading into the Arlington tonight to meet a few lads who are over from Liverpool.I am not mad about the Arlington.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement