Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Off Topic Thread & Off Topic Thread II - Collectors Edition Bumper Pack

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Dub13 wrote: »
    I hate this run in to the weekend,heading into the Arlington tonight to meet a few lads who are over from Liverpool.I am not mad about the Arlington.

Knightbridge?

lol

You should have waited until tomorrow night, my uncle is the singer in the band that plays there for the tourists. Always a good night.

/shill

One other thing.

A couple of years ago my sister bought me this gift pack with five miniature bottles of "classic" aftershaves. Stuff I'd never heard of.

I found them last night, and lashed one on me this morning. It's called Noir or something.

I smell like my grandad used to.

Like piss.

Ithink with all of this doom and gloom and economic calamities, it's gonna be mandatory to watch Fight Club this weekend!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

I no I think they are staying there so just meeting up there and I am sure/hope we move on.

Des wrote: »
    I smell like my grandad used to.

Like piss.

I shudder to think how he ended up smelling that way!

• Advertisement

I shudder to think how he ended up smelling that way!

He got old.

All old people smell of piss.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

Mooeeninn fellas.
    The world is ****ed we might as well get used to the idea. At least its pretty much the entire world and not just us.

America = F*cked.
    Europe = F*cked
    England = F*cked
    Ireland = F*cked
    Australia = F*cked (at least I think heard something about worst week in the stock market for X amounts of years and unemployment growing very quickly.)

Even Asia is getting hit.

This is what gets on my wick. At least the Oirsh of the 80's could flee like rats for pastures new, where the streets were paved with gold. Now, if I was to upsticks, is there really anywhere that isn't equally fcuked.

Ithink with all of this doom and gloom and economic calamities, it's gonna be mandatory to watch Fight Club this weekend!

l_72470b8806c2c5584a5f9805eb0c88d6.gif

Mooeeninn fellas.

This is what gets on my wick. At least the Oirsh of the 80's could flee like rats for pastures new, where the streets were paved with gold. Now, if I was to upsticks, is there really anywhere that isn't equally fcuked.

I'll opt for somewhere thats either equally as fcked or slightly less fcuk.....that has better bloody weather.

Aim for today: 5000th post.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭ibh

Can't wait to get finished work today. The time is going very slowly here for a friday.
    Been given a big fcuk-off calculation to do and haven't got the slightest notion how to do it. Can't be arsed asking how to do it either cause this will result in having to watch it explained for 45mins...
    Hope it'll see me out till afternoon at least. I love the fact that people just think i work at a slow pace. Gives plenty of time to pursue other internet activities..

• Advertisement

+1 Neil

And a few bevys :D

I'm starting a campaign to "Get Bad Language Out Of Football Grounds"

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Anyone else ever catch the program 'Andy Richter Controls The Universe'? Fcukin brilliant stuff altogether.

1zl69kx.jpg

If Carlsberg did underrate comedies.....

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

What gets me about all this recession thing is that I am literally no worse off financially that I was 6 months ago, if anything I'm better off because I paid off my travelling loans. And yet I can't help but feel broke at the mere mention of the word recession.

It's a state of mind I tells ye.

ibh wrote: »
    Can't wait to get finished work today. The time is going very slowly here for a friday.
    Been given a big fcuk-off calculation to do and haven't got the slightest notion how to do it. Can't be arsed asking how to do it either cause this will result in having to watch it explained for 45mins...
    Hope it'll see me out till afternoon at least. I love the fact that people just think i work at a slow pace. Gives plenty of time to pursue other internet activities..

Did u just steal my post!? :pac:

Thats exactly how my days goin.....how its only 12.19 I'll never know!

I'm starting a campaign to "Get Bad Language Out Of Football Grounds"

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

"The referee's not very good at his job"

"get up you injury feigning cheat"

"you overweight individual"

.................... it doesnt roll of the tongue as well tbh.

What gets me about all this recession thing is that I am literally no worse off financially that I was 6 months ago, if anything I'm better off because I paid off my travelling loans. And yet I can't help but feel broke at the mere mention of the word recession.

It's a state of mind I tells ye.

Only concern of mine is that it may affect my lifelong dream to go travelling....:mad:

Otherwise I dont care because money isn't a massive priority of mine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

thats cause you're ****ing minted.

Mr Alan wrote: »
    thats cause you're ****ing minted.

Hmmm, if only.

if I take my car loan, my savings, and my bank balance and disregard assets (like my bass and amp which, while worth a lot I would never sell, so they aren't worth anything in the real sense) then I'm down to the tune of approx €6500.

yep....minted!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

i totally agree it is a state of mind, my was fine until the fateful email this morning ................ so i think i will sell my house and move somewhere hot and work in a beach cafe, i think

• Advertisement

Hmmm, if only.

if I take my car loan, my savings, and my bank balance and disregard assets (like my bass and amp which, while worth a lot I would never sell, so they aren't worth anything in the real sense) then I'm down to the tune of approx €6500.

yep....minted!

Yeah, but Daddy and Mummy would step if needed.

Me? I was born in a shoe.

Yeah, but Daddy and Mummy would step if needed.

I wouldn't ask them to or want them to.

Des wrote:

That explains everything!

i am going to tell your da, you said that tonight

Tell taler.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,908 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

So level with me folks - is it really that bad over there?

I mean, I read the news and all that shizzle but that only says so much. I wanna go home in the next year or so but not if the place is fecked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Xavi6 wrote: »

I mean, I read the news and all that shizzle but that only says so much. I wanna go home in the next year or so but not if the place is fecked.

My quality of life is unaffected.

Tell taler.

:D:D

no, its grand, its just all media hype tbh

btw, how many people here have been made redundant or have been threatened with it

I was made redundant.

Took me, what? Six weeks to get as job?

Depends. I think there is hype about mass layoffs and repossession. However, if you're coming back and looking for a new job, then yeah, you probably will be fecked. Me and a few of the other OT brethren can attest to that. Ride out the storm in OZ where you've got a job would be my advice, unless you can line something up over here before you return.

• Advertisement

See I've got a great job and a good lifestyle but home's home and all that and I'm gonna get itchy feet soon. Decisions......

We have threatened redundancies and do you want to know whoes fault it is.

the bloody public, thats who.

they go and apply for all these grants and get loads of free money and then refuse to spend it and i have to sit in work all day reading boards.

FFS WILL YOU ALL JUST SPEND YOUR GRANT MONEY PLEASE

I think there is hype about mass layoffs

No, there isn't.

A LOT of people have lost their job.

I lost a job, and my mother was changed to a three-day-week.

She is now signing on for the other days, so is part of the live register.

A LOT of building sites have slowed down, or stopped completely, so a lot of tradesmen are finding it hard.

That's not hype, that's a reality.

and my mother was changed to a three-day-week.

You never told me that

We have threatened redundancies and do want to know whoes fault it is.

the bloody public, thats who.

they go and apply for all these grants and get loads of free money and then refuse to spend it and i have to sit in work all day reading boards.

Send some to me.

re : me ma pfb.

I'm sure she told you herself??

Yea I'd stay there till this cools down as you will be coming back here to sign on at the current rate. This is gonna get worse before it gets better.

My quality of life is unaffected but that would change if I lost this job (no I dont post here for a livin...but I should!!:pac:)

If you have a place to sleep, can afford to eat and are comfortable then stick with it until you can get at least the same over here.

• Advertisement

See I've got a great job and a good lifestyle but home's home and all that and I'm gonna get itchy feet soon. Decisions......

Well then like I said, ride out the storm in Oz. Sounds like you're fairly sorted there. Seriously, itchy feet and all that, will pale in comparison to the regret you'll feel if you leave all that, only to be signing on in grey Dublin. It will all still be here waiting for you in 2 or 3 years time. But you won't be able to turn the clock back and return to your cushty Ozzie ways.

Fair enough Des, probably a silly assumption on my behalf. I blame the meedja (So yeah, you better not bloody well come back Xavi)

I'm sure she told you herself??

no, she told me she had a meeting about lay off's but that she would be okay

What kind of grants should we apply for..?Its hard to justify a farming grant when I live in a 4 bed semi on the Northside.

5000th POST

5000th POST

Congrats.

• Advertisement

Four bed Dub13?

You posh bastard.

5000th POST

n00b tbh.

Ha, she beat Neil to it! :D

5000th POST

Congrats, give me about 2 hours!:cool:

Ha, she beat Neil to it! :D

Join date tbh! :D

I'm takin it slow, don;t wanna rush cos then I'll forget what i;m on and throw the big 5 into some random thread when it HAS to be in this one. You know mor than a fifth of my entire postcount is in this thread! :eek:

Congrats.
    n00b tbh.
    Congrats, give me about 2 hours!:cool:

i want to thank everyone who helped me achieve this huge honour.

I also think i should now be made mod of the soccer forum, i have shown myself to be extremely helpful and a complete asset to this forum

Four bed Dub13?

You posh bastard.

Well its a 3 bed and I got the Attic converted,I am not sure what its called now a 3 or a 4.When we first moved in we had no kids,we bought young 21 and the dog had its own room.Now the dog is gone to 'be a police dog',and I am filling up the rooms with kids.MrsDub13 is pregnant again (a boards exclusive) so next year we will have 4 kids all 6 or under.So the house is full.

Join date tbh! :D

I'm takin it slow, don;t wanna rush cos then I'll forget what i;m on and throw the big 5 into some random thread when it HAS to be in this one. You know mor than a fifth of my entire postcount is in this thread! :eek:

Use it to provide us with some epic bewbs. Even GY won't begrude you that on your 5000th.

MrsDub13 is pregnant again (a boards exclusive)

Congrats......
    so next year we will have 4 kids all 6 or under.

......and good luck! :pac:

Well its a 3 bed and I got the Attic converted,I am not sure what its called now a 3 or a 4.When we first moved in we had no kids,we bought young 21 and the dog had its own room.Now the dog is gone to 'be a police dog',and I am filling up the rooms with kids.MrsDub13 is pregnant again (a boards exclusive) so next year we will have 4 kids all 6 or under.So the house is full.

Congrats on the expected new arrival big man. Some good news in a day full of doom and gloom!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement