Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Off Topic Thread & Off Topic Thread II - Collectors Edition Bumper Pack

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

Have you a shortlist of names yet Al or still haven't the foggiest?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,076 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Al, http://www.bandnamemaker.com/
    problem solved!

and here's a metal one for a bit of variety http://b10m.swal.org/cgi-bin/bandname.cgi

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

i've already been on that band name maker site :( thats how bad things have gotten.

dont really have a short list, thinking maybe of keeping the benns in it......like "The *something* Benns"

and GY-you are always mean.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

Mr Alan wrote: »
    thinking maybe of keeping the benns in it......like "The *something* Benns"

The has benns.

I'll get my coat.
    Mr Alan wrote: »
    and GY-you are always mean.

This.

Okay well I was gonna just say “5000th post, had to be in this thread, great group of lads (and girls) in here, makes the workday (aye right) fun, word” but Charlie went and challenged me so gonna try and make this somewhat decent. And the only way to do that is by using props!! :P

Some celebration GIFs

OH YEA!
    koolaidman3jc.gifWoo woo woo woo woo woo woo!homer7cx.gif[IMG]And no OT post would be complete without the obligatory mooozak vid:[/img]

And just for Charlie……..BEWBS!

img46cef71628df0iy1.jpg[IMG][/img]441605436[IMG][/img]wakeupivoe7.gif[IMG][/img]

Epic posting failure on the mighty 5000. Priceless :pac: :pac: :pac:

Edit: And now he scuttles off, pretending like it never happened. This post (or ghost post) is providing me with more lols than I could have ever expected Neil. Cheers.

• Advertisement

Absolute FAIL!

Ok, i basically made a balls of it and failed miserably. Here's what it was meant to be:
    Okay well I was gonna just say “5000th post, had to be in this thread, great group of lads (and girls) in here, makes the workday (aye right) fun, word” but Charlie went and challenged me so gonna try and make this somewhat decent. And the only way to do that is by using props!!

Some celebration GIFs

OH YEA!
    koolaidman3jc.gif
    Woo woo woo woo woo woo woo!
    homer7cx.gif

And no OT post would be complete without the obligatory mooozak vid:

img46cef71628df0iy1.jpg
    wakeupivoe7.gif

Absolute FAIL!

Fckin posted the GIFs same as usual and they fail?! Oh well, fckin internets!

so now this ^^^ is your 5000 post? ill give you one thing man, you're the first i've ever seen reach 5000 3 times, deleting 2 of them in the process!

Epic posting failure on the mighty 5000. Priceless :pac: :pac: :pac:

Edit: And now he scuttles off, pretending like it never happened. This post (or ghost post) is providing me with more lols than I could have ever expected Neil. Cheers.

No I was tryin to fix it but I give up. I'm useless! The post would have been decent if any of the stoopid fckin GIFs worked!

But actually the FAIL was so bad that the post was funny anyway!

Absolute FAIL!

Fckin posted the GIFs same as usual and they fail?! Oh well, fckin internets!

Classic. Your 5000th ended up as that. Ya can't buy that sh/t!

Oh btw, your forgot to add in / in the close IMG bracket. That's what foked it all upped. You Sir, even with your 5000th posts, are a long way off completing the Internets.

Unbelievable. Well i stayed in tonight cos I'm tired, at least I know I made the right call!

here's your bewbs!

img46cef71628df0iy1.jpg

wakeupivoe7.gif

• Advertisement

charlie i fail at internets. But I edited my 5000th post to save a little face, though my failure was far far more prolific!

But actually the FAIL was so bad that the post was funny anyway!

This is correct.

Anyways, in honour of your 5000th, here she is, fixed up:
    Okay well I was gonna just say “5000th post, had to be in this thread, great group of lads (and girls) in here, makes the workday (aye right) fun, word” but Charlie went and challenged me so gonna try and make this somewhat decent. And the only way to do that is by using props!! :P

Some celebration GIFs

OH YEA!
    koolaidman3jc.gif

Woo woo woo woo woo woo woo!
    homer7cx.gif

And no OT post would be complete without the obligatory mooozak vid:

img46cef71628df0iy1.jpg
    wakeupivoe7.gif

This is correct.

Anyways, in honour of your 5000th, here she is, fixed up:

hahahah! :o I even fcked up the youtube!

congrats anyway man, you so nearly ended up with it in the 'Champions' thread too!

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    so now this ^^^ is your 5000 post? ill give you one thing man, you're the first i've ever seen reach 5000 3 times, deleting 2 of them in the process!

Yea man I'm a plank! It's been edited to at least have the GIFs workin!

congrats anyway man, you so nearly ended up with it in the 'Champions' thread too!

Brainfart. My brains workin right now at about 40% capacity. I didnt even think when i signed in. I went to post the post on this and forgot to click post (not like it'd have mattered as u can see) and then just went about posting normally!

I'm surprised nobody has FAIL GIF'd me yet! Never is one more deserved tbh!

I'm surprised nobody has FAIL GIF'd me yet! Never is one more deserved tbh!

Oh, don't worry, it's coming.

Oh, don't worry, it's coming.

I expect more than one tbh!

I expect more than one tbh!

Your wish...
    DailyShow-ColbertForShame.gif
    l_2561566909e81ddc4b7dbcc00fd7bb27.gif
    Fail.gif
    thumb_4r9p742.gif

And the Ultimate - Daddy Fail!
    clown_daddy-Fail.gif

Nice work! Come on charlie!

Just lashed on Fight Club on the ol DVD. Quality film. "I know this because Tyler knows this".....one of the first lines of the film...it was so obvious looking back!!

Did anyone watch the brand new South Park about Britney tonight?

• Advertisement

Did anyone watch the brand new South Park about Britney tonight?

haven't watched it yet actually, been meaning to all day, and then just forgot about it! another britney one? thought they killed her off!

haven't watched it yet actually, been meaning to all day, and then just forgot about it! another britney one? thought they killed her off!

Was that an old one!? I hadnt seen it before and Im pretty sure I'd seen them all!

Was that an old one!? I hadnt seen it before and Im pretty sure I'd seen them all!

oh wait, you mean on TV yeah? They were played in the states a few months ago, the first half of the season. The first episode of the second half of the season was on last night in the states, so thats what i thought you were talking about.

oh wait, you mean on TV yeah? They were played in the states a few months ago, the first half of the season. The first episode of the second half of the season was on last night in the states, so thats what i thought you were talking about.

Ah, I must hit up the south park vids site and check it out. Hadn't seen the Britney one before! Classic! I love Butters!

And from me good sir...

Vanpersie.gif

footballinthegroin.gif

13z1zd5.jpg

rco8dw.gif

9977.gif

9484.gif

dunn.gif

"Now a question of etiquette, as I pass, do I give you the @ss or the crotch?"

Forgot how clever the dialogue of this film is tbh.

"Was...was it ticking?"

"Actually throwers don't worry about ticking cos modern bombs don't tick"

"sorry...throwers?"

"Baggage handlers....but when a suitcase vibrates...then the throwers gotta call the police"

"My suitcase was vibrating?"

"9 times out of ten it's an electric razor but .......every once in a while......(looks both ways)....it's a dildo".......points at Norton...."course it's company policy never to imply ownership in the evnt of a dildo, we have to use the indefinite article a dildo, never your dildo"

"I don't own a ".........airport worker waves him off.

Quality stuff! :pac:

"Now a question of etiquette, as I pass, do I give you the @ss or the crotch?"

Forgot how clever the dialogue of this film is tbh.

"Was...was it ticking?"

"Actually throwers don't worry about ticking cos modern bombs don't tick"

"sorry...throwers?"

"Baggage handlers....but when a suitcase vibrates...then the throwers gotta call the police"

"My suitcase was vibrating?"

"9 times out of ten it's an electric razor but .......every once in a while......(looks both ways)....it's a dildo".......points at Norton...."course it's company policy never to imply ownership in the evnt of a dildo, we have to use the indefinite article a dildo, never your dildo"

"I don't own a ".........airport worker waves him off.

Quality stuff! :pac:

Tis a great film alright. Even looking like a dirty skank, I would ride the behaysis of HBC in that film.

Watching Mean Machine myself on e4+1.

Tis a great film alright. Even looking like a dirty skank, I would ride the behaysis of HBC in that film.

Watching Mean Machine myself on e4+1.

"I want you to hit me as hard as you can"!

"You hit me in the ear"!

Classic!

Yea me too tbh.

Never seen Mean Machine and I'm way too into this now so not changin over.

Never seen Mean Machine and I'm way too into this now so not changin over.

It's a light bit of fluff, but perfect viewing on a fcuk all to do Friday.

I really hate these premiership-less weekends. Usually about now, all sense would go out the window, and I would begin to envisage a good Toon performance, reminiscing about Sir Les, Keegan, and Wor Bobby. I'd also be making the finishing touches to my FF team. But now, nothing.

• Advertisement

Mean machine, meh, gimme the original Longest Yard any day! Burt Reynolds giving women some justice with the back of his hand! (its funny how many of his movies he did that in...)

It's a light bit of fluff, but perfect viewing on a fcuk all to do Friday.

I really hate these premiership-less weekends. Usually about now, all sense would go out the window, and I would begin to envisage a good Toon performance, reminiscing about Sir Les, Keegan, and Wor Bobby. I'd also be making the finishing touches to my FF team. But now, nothing.

Meh, I'd normally be drunk preparing to go out and chase skirts! :pac:

+ 1 on the lack of Premiership sh1t buzz. The one weekend where I'm:

- Broke
    - Knackered
    - Under the weather
    - Have nothing to do.

:mad: I don't even have a date till Sunday cos she's workin!

Meh, I'd normally be drunk preparing to go out and chase skirts! :pac:

Too early for me. Such efforts would be left till at least 2.0am when the wimmins are all liqured up.

Right about now, I would be in that happy drunk phase, belting out 'Keegan Wonderland' to all my manc supporting mates.

Too early for me. Such efforts would be left till at least 2.0am when the wimmins are all liqured up.

Right about now, I would be in that happy drunk phase, belting out 'Keegan Wonderland' to all my manc supporting mates.

So u go out at 2a.m for roughly half an hour to chase skirts? I play by the quarter to 2 rule!! :P

Meh, I'd just lash the 12 days of Cantona back at ya!! :P Veering way to On topic here!! Do u sing that with the Geordie accent?! I actually hear the accent in that song when i think of it! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭Im_No_Superman

Congrats on the 5000th Neil, epic failure it was but at least you'll never forget it! :)

Was watching John Q on More 4 tonight, pretty good flick, got to love Denzel.

So u go out at 2a.m for roughly half an hour to chase skirts? I play by the quarter to 2 rule!! :P

Meh, I'd just lash the 12 days of Cantona back at ya!! Veering way to On topic here!! Do u sing that with the Geordie accent?! :pac:

Nah, we'd probably be in somewhere like the Porterhouse or Church before jogging onto a club for said 2am tactics.

I do a mean Geordie accent, seriously. It was gas when I was over there last time. Chatting away with natives with the accent on, not a whiff of suspicion.

• Advertisement

Is youtube down for anyone else?

Yeah, down for me too.

working for me at the moment anyway...

but oddly videos which work fine on youtube, won't work embedded. Tried a couple now.

curiouser and curiouser.

Was watching John Q on More 4 tonight, pretty good flick, got to love Denzel.

Top top film W'ichard.

Saw that it was about an hour the way through on more4. Scoured for more4+1 to watch it, but the cnuts seemed to have removed that film.

Cheers rebel, yeah its back now.

Anyone looking to hone their Gordie accent, both of these are useful to listen to.The first vid cracks me up everytime, the second brings a tear tome eye.

but oddly videos which work fine on youtube, won't work embedded. Tried a couple now.

Yeah i'm having that problem alot recently. The first vid originally did not work, until I found the same vid under a new link. Weird.

• Advertisement

Top top film W'ichard.

Saw that it was about an hour the way through on more4. Scoured for more4+1 to watch it, but the cnuts seemed to have removed that film.
    Yeah its a good flick alright plus strangely enough E from Entourage and Randy from My Name is Earl both have roles in it. Two shows that have been mentioned afew times in here over the last week or so.

Nah, we'd probably be in somewhere like the Porterhouse or Church before jogging onto a club for said 2am tactics.

Porterhouse is a solid spot. Dublins nightlife is poxy tho. Head to a club at 2 am for a half hour, great. Who makes these rules tbh.

Porterhouse is a solid spot. Dublins nightlife is poxy tho. Head to a club at 2 am for a half hour, great. Who makes these rules tbh.

Aye, my friends and I were only saying how mundane and predictable the Dublin scene is these days. Seriously, you get raped every which way on a night out here.

I might be biased, but Newcastle's nightlife pisses all over ours. Very few places have cover charges, specials on everywhere, far greater selection of clubs and pubs, proper bussomy barmids employed (none of this equality lark) tis great altogether. Last time we headed over there we found a spot called Idols. Every drink in the place was a pound, even shorts with redbull. A 20 bob note will see you carried out in an ambulance in that place.

Canny wait to get back over tbh.

at least yee get marginally later drinking hours, we're getting kicked out about 2 down here!

Agreed Charlie, Liverpool's the same. In other countries they give you plenty of time to drink, and dont fleece ya for several times what the drink is actually worth, and yet we're the ones with the drinking problems. Would love to see them just relax the laws a little, allow everyone the whole night to drink and not have to force 10pints into 2 and a half hours! People would drink more over a longer space of time, pubs would sell more and be able to lower prices. Ideally people would end up less smashed as well. Food too, needs to be added. Even free or cheap food like pizzas, if your eating something you get far less drunk, and drink more. win for everyone.

In other news, Zooey Deschanel is very hawt, in a kinda cute understated way.

zooey_deschanel.jpg
    Zooey+Deschanel2.jpg

at least yee get marginally later drinking hours, we're getting kicked out about 2 down here!

In other news, Zooey Deschanel is very hawt, in a kinda cute understated way.

zooey_deschanel.jpg
    Zooey+Deschanel2.jpg

Bit of a BOBFOC tbh.

I didn't do a good job on pic picking tbh, this does her justice better. i edited my last post too and added a rant about drink.

Zooey%20Deschanel%20-%20In%20Style%20March%202006%201.jpg

Aye, my friends and I were only saying how mundane and predictable the Dublin scene is these days. Seriously, you get raped every which way on a night out here.

I might be biased, but Newcastle's nightlife pisses all over ours. Very few places have cover charges, specials on everywhere, far greater selection of clubs and pubs, proper bussomy barmids employed (none of this equality lark) tis great altogether. Last time we headed over there we found a spot called Idols. Every drink in the place was a pound, even shorts with redbull. A 20 bob note will see you carried out in an ambulance in that place.

Canny wait to get back over tbh.

The Dublin scene is sh1t. If i could afford to get away regularly i wouldnt bother goin out over here tbh. I remember getting home from Thailand and it hit me just how fckin crap Dublin is for havin the craic. Overpriced, overcrowded lacking amenities.

England wise I've only been on the p1ss in Manchester and London. Both are fun, Manchester it's all focused in one part of the city. London is mental you can find anything ya want over there, great city.....bit pricey though.

Mates from training were over in Newcy when the UFC were there and they said its good craic but WAY too agro. Everywhere they went they had roided up chavs tryin to start fights by bumpin into them and sh1t. Maybe they just hit the wrong spots.......

Agreed Charlie, Liverpool's the same. In other countries they give you plenty of time to drink, and dont fleece ya for several times what the drink is actually worth, and yet we're the ones with the drinking problems. Would love to see them just relax the laws a little, allow everyone the whole night to

+ 1.

If they stayed open all night then people would be mellower as there wouldn't be a rush to get in as much as u can before closing. People would progressively get tired and the night/taxis etc would sort themselves out. In Thailand/Ios and places like that some of the places stayed open till 9 or 10 in the mornin and i found that everyone went home at different times.

Food is a big deal, soakage tbh. Thats what I love about Dorans...the pizza with your pint.

Mates from training were over in Newcy when the UFC were there and they said its good craic but WAY too agro. Everywhere they went they had roided up chavs tryin to start fights by bumpin into them and sh1t. Maybe they just hit the wrong spots.......

Really, never had an ounce of trouble. Mind you, there are a few spots that are known for their charvers, so we steered clear of there. Probably bumped into the clowns who urn up for the SSN cameras. The vast majority over there are sound as fook. Remind me of the Irish pre-celtic tiger.

Fcukin hate London. Been there at least a dozen time (family over there) and my disdain grows every time I visit the spot. Manchester is pretty solid alright.

Edinburgh is actually a crackin place as well, definitively recommend a visit there. But bloody freezing mind.

I know what you mean about the holiday blues. I spent a summer in Vancouver a few yearsack, and when I came back from 3 months of pure craic over there, to this kip, my expression mirrored Fergie's tbh:

fergie.gif

Really, never had an ounce of trouble. Mind you, there are a few spots that are none for their charvers, so we steered clear of there. Probably bumped into the clowns who urn up for the SSN cameras. The vast majority over there are sound as fook. Remind me of the Irish pre-celtic tiger.

Fcukin hate London. Been there at least a dozen time (family over there) and my disdain grows every time I visit the spot. Manchester is pretty solid alright.

Edinburgh is actually a crackin place as well, definitively recommend a visit there. But bloody freezing mind.

I know what you mean about the holiday blues. I spent a summer in Vancouver a few years, and when I came back form 3 moths of pure craic over there, to this kip, my expression mirrored Fergie's tbh:

fergie.gif
    I dunno man, that's just what they said. Mind you it'd have been funny had anything kicked off cos they're all animals! Every city has the dirtbag element and u can get a big miss if you're unlucky enough to hit the wrong spot.

Dunno how anyone could dislike London, quality city, loads to do, great infrastructure and great nightlife.

I've heard loads bout Edinburgh. All positive. Defo gonna get over soon. heard Scottiish birds are teh balls too!

holiday blues are the worst. I'm planning (as long as the world doesn't implode) to travel for 2-3 years so that'll be balls comin back from that.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement