Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Off Topic Thread & Off Topic Thread II - Collectors Edition Bumper Pack

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Unearthly wrote: »
    +1

too many idiots in after hours
    While the IQs are bursting through the roof in Soccer of course!

This topic is a question for boards as a greater whole. As boards continues to grow, it'll become more pertinent.

As the community gets larger the community sub-divides into smaller ones. This has already happened on boards.ie several times already. I can certainly understand why people would want a place for off-topic stuff here. After Hours is basically a different community at this stage, and sending someone there instead isn't much different to sending them to a completely different forum (website) altogether.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭Eirebear

MrJoeSoap wrote: »
    I somehow fear we have strayed back on topic.

How was that rash you were telling me about?

yes, cant be having that.

Its clearing up BTW, thats cream you recomended has worked wonders.

Eirebear wrote: »
    yes, cant be having that.

Its clearing up BTW, thats cream you recomended has worked wonders.

PM tbh:pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::D:D:D:D:D

Only jokin!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

I can certainly understand why people would want a place for off-topic stuff here. After Hours is basically a different community at this stage, and sending someone there instead isn't much different to sending them to a completely different forum (website) altogether.

Spot on. I'ev flicked through after hours and bgrh before, but so many strangers! i'm shy :o

PM tbh:pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::D:D:D:D:D

Only jokin!

But thats how i got it! :pac:

it'd be like the equivalant of in "ladies lounge" (i swear i only popped in for a second to have a look! ;)) where they have a stickied thread, they call "the bar" or some such, where people just talk ****e that isnt specifically to do with any thread, or deserved of its own thread!

I think it'd work a treat in this place, and help to improve inter club relations, thus making the mods jobs easier!

be at least worth a shot, after all, anyone not in favour of it could just ignore it and go on about their business as usual! like the way most of us ignore the Eircom League threads! ;) (that was for you betty!xx)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Personally I prefer it when all threads descend into Des telling us that the eircom league has quality football or any other nonsense like that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Good idea. Quite standard elsewhere on the interweb.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Mr Alan wrote: »
    Spot on. I'ev flicked through after hours and bgrh before, but so many strangers! i'm shy :o
    :eek:

I'm one of the most prolific on BGRH, strangers my arse.
    it'd be like the equivalant of in "ladies lounge" (i swear i only popped in for a second to have a look! ;)) where they have a stickied thread, they call "the bar" or some such, where people just talk ****e that isnt specifically to do with any thread, or deserved of its own thread!
    Yeah, they copied that from bgrh tbh. :rolleyes:
    I think it'd work a treat in this place, and help to improve inter club relations, thus making the mods jobs easier!
    This is why this thread is a good idea imo.
    (that was for you betty!xx)
    Kisses? :pac::pac:

By the way.

I've always wondered. Who is in your sig?
    Bubs101 wrote: »
    Personally I prefer it when all threads descend into Des telling us that the eircom league has quality football or any other nonsense like that
    I never said that in my life. Ever.

• Advertisement

Des its Wesley and Buttercup from "The Princess Bride"!

please tell me you've seem that film, a true classic :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TpBO9FRkGsY

Des its Wesley and Buttercup from "The Princess Bride"!

please tell me you've seem that film, a true classic :)
    Nope. Not seen it tbh.

Not sure I want to either. Buttercup?!?

More of a Vietnam film man myself.

And Star Wars.

zhuuuuummmm, zhummmmm. (light sabre sounds.)

Alan (pksssshhhh pksssshhhh). I am yore father.

Des, i have your address in my PMs and i'm gonna send that movie on DVD, one of my favourite films of all time, when i was a kid anyway, although i still crack it out from time to time!

Seriously, wats the story with condensed milk over on BGRH?!

Des, i have your address in my PMs and i'm gonna send that movie on DVD, one of my favourite films of all time, when i was a kid anyway, although i still crack it out from time to time!
    I look forward to it :)

Is it the type of thing I should be watching with me burd or what?
    Seriously, wats the story with condensed milk over on BGRH?!
    A few of us met for beers in November (it was the first bgrh meet up) and none of us knew each other.

So we needed someone suggest, jokingly, carnations should be brought.

Then someone else had the idea that instead of carations, we should bring Carnation brand Condensed Milk.

The upshot is that I have something approaching twenty cans of the stuff in my apt.

yea i seen the pics. nice beard by the way! yeoww! :)

yea, probably watch it with the bird....its a kids film really, but i reckon there is enough in it for adults to enjoy too!

Which reminds me.

We were out in a certain seaside town on Sunday, I was telling her about you.

Coulda met you for a pint.

Which reminds me even more.

Soccer Board Beers anyone?

This thread would be a perfect precursor to it imo.

• Advertisement

seems everyone was out in howth at the weekend! girl i work with was there too, she saw me getting a driving lesson and was telling people in work i was ****e and there was a cue of traffic behind me, little slut! :)

yea i'd be up for a soccer boards beer, as long as no one attacked me :(

this may be OT even here, but i am pretty convinced this may be the most beautiful song ever written :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=az0Hu2A2EK0

Boring.

As for people attacking you.

Pretend to be someone else :D

hi....my name is Tauren :)

Hi Tauren, I'm esteba...er...I mean...Des.:pac:

• Advertisement

Jeez, you two are like the "soccer" forums very own morecambe and wise!
    The off topic thread must stay!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Rip Cambiasso :(

I really shouldn't of taken a few hours sleep this afternoon, can't sleep and have a lecture at 9 :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

I still have an itchy scrot.
    Well its actually the above scrot happy trail area thats itchy.
    I think its because of my belts. Every time I wear a belt I get the itch.
    Like feckin athletes happy trail or something. so I am no longer wearing belts. And one thing I realised is all the pants that I own are way too f***ing loose. Curse my tiny girlish waist.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,563 ✭✭✭kinaldo

+1

Is anyone else here seriously into soul and funk music?

(the soul, funk and RnB forum is a bit depressing)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,907 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Ah Kinaldo, haven't really seen you much around these here parts lately. Keegan got you down?! :p

Can't say I'm a Funk Soul Brother unfortunately.

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Ah Kinaldo, haven't really seen you much around these here parts lately. Keegan got you down?! :p
    Jebus Xavi! I remember I used to have about twice as many posts as you....

Keegan ain't got me down, it's our players. Players like Smith, Butt, Barton and Owen just fill me with rage these days. Better to avoid having to mention them at all.

Besides, I agree with most of what Charlie Mac has been posting. I still can't imagine us going down. That probably means we're doomed.

Whoops, I'm veering way off topic now! Damn football, once I start I can't stop :)

Time for some more soul music methinks.

kinaldo wrote: »
    Jebus Xavi! I remember I used to have about twice as many posts as you....

Ha ha well somebody gave me a job with a computer! Seriously bad for the health but great for the post count. I was on 3000 at new year, now look at me!

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Ha ha well somebody gave me a job with a computer! Seriously bad for the health but great for the post count. I was on 3000 at new year, now look at me!
    And I see you've become a mod too. Must say I never really took to Aussie football during my time down under. But more power to you!

I did almost become a Sydney Swans fan though. Fcuking hate Melbourne 'Victory'. What a stupid name.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nunu

What the hell is going on in here?

.... +1

btw went to see Vantage Point in cinema today(utter ****e:() and on our walk home we heard a cat bark...I **** you not! Just walked across us and made a distinctive 'rarf' noise...must have had something in it's throat:D

Vantage Point is sh*t? Ah balls. I was actually looking forward to that having seen the trailer and the cast.

Anyone seen The Bucket List? That's better than I expected. Had a little tear in the eye towards the end I'll admit.

• Advertisement

anyone who posted the thread he did about the special *******ns deserves to be site banned to be honest.

although i was just coming around to his strange sense of humour. ah well.

Xavi, when you say soul music, do you mean like Ottis Redding,Sam Cooke,Marvin Gaye style stuff, or "modern" (therefore shiiiiite) like John Legend etc?

edit: i was looking forward to seeing VAntage Point too :(

Never really listened to it, although I do really like Otis Redding's stuff. I suppose the modern sh*t has turned me off going too far down the road of it.

dont let it turn ya off, buy anything by sam cooke. seriously the guys voice is like silk, best singer ever. ya can pick up decent enough "ultimates collections" with 40-50 tunes on em on iTunes for a tenner, do it! :)

Jays I haven't bought music in a long, long time.....

tut tut tut you're murdering the music industry Xavi! blah blah blah

Slander! For all you know I might not have been in a music store in all that time :p

Heard Vantage Point was quite good..........:pac::pac:oh well, In Bruges is quality, Irish Black comedy at its best!!

yea looking forward to seeing that too, still pissed off i missed Rambo tbh :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,052 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

yea looking forward to seeing that too, still pissed off i missed Rambo tbh :(

aw man, you missed out! they spend the first 15minutes of the movie making you hate the Burmese military, letting you see the nasty sh1t they get up to
    showing them killing kids, dismembering at will, raping, throwing people onto fires, hiding landmines and forcing them to run over them etc
    so then no matter how mild mannered you are, you cant help but almost cheer in the cinema as Rambo just goes fckin nuts on them. Good stuff, good stuff. First movie in that style to come out in a looong time, good old fashioned violence-fest Man Movie..

• Advertisement

yea-not enough like it anymore, long gone are the days of Predator,Terminator,Running Man,Total Recall etc etc etc

All this new age hero/SFX ridden ****e annoys me

Total Recall is a bleedin' class film tbh.

One of my favourites.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,052 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

yea-not enough like it anymore, long gone are the days of Predator,Terminator,Running Man,Total Recall etc etc etc

All this new age hero/SFX ridden ****e annoys me

Hmmm there's a very common denominator in all those awesome movies...any chance we could get Arnie impeached or something so he gets out of politics and goes back to doing what he does best?

Idea for a movie in keeping with the forum; Arnie has to assasinate the imposter Pope who was put in place by the 'Raccoon underground movement' in a bid to overthrow Catholocism. Or Something. Then has to force Ken and Dierdre to wed at gun point, for some reason, ensuring pool get to the CL final, where Arnie is again present to take on the whole opposition team because they're...i dunno, terrorists is always popular..and so Pool win the CL, and Arnie gets the girl (played by Amanda Staveley).

Enough inventive methods of killing people and it could be..well it would still be rubbish, but still!

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    Hmmm there's a very common denominator in all those awesome movies...any chance we could get Arnie impeached or something so he gets out of politics and goes back to doing what he does best?

Idea for a movie in keeping with the forum; Arnie has to assasinate the imposter Pope who was put in place by the 'Raccoon underground movement' in a bid to overthrow Catholocism. Or Something. Then has to force Ken and Dierdre to wed at gun point, for some reason, ensuring pool get to the CL final, where Arnie is again present to take on the whole opposition team because they're...i dunno, terrorists is always popular..and so Pool win the CL, and Arnie gets the girl (played by Amanda Staveley).

Enough inventive methods of killing people and it could be..well it would still be rubbish, but still!
    The only way Liverpool will win the CL this year anyway.

care to place a wager on that Desmond? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,845 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Liverpool fans shouldnt support Liverpool

• Advertisement

?

care to place a wager on that Desmond? :)
    Most definitely Alan.

Most definitely.

Liverpool, categorically, won't win the CL this season.

Tenner, score?

If you're so sure, ya wanna offer me odds? :)

3/1 on a tenner.:)

deal.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement