Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Off Topic Thread & Off Topic Thread II - Collectors Edition Bumper Pack

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

I dunno man, that's just what they said. Mind you it'd have been funny had anything kicked off cos they're all animals! Every city has the dirtbag element and u can get a big miss if you're unlucky enough to hit the wrong spot.

Dunno how anyone could dislike London, quality city, loads to do, great infrastructure and great nightlife.

I've heard loads bout Edinburgh. All positive. Defo gonna get over soon. heard Scottiish birds are teh balls too!

holiday blues are the worst. I'm planning (as long as the world doesn't implode) to travel for 2-3 years so that'll be balls comin back from that.

Aye. I'd shudder to think what kinda impression some of our clubs leave with the weekend breakers.

Just can't stand the place. Sells itself as a big intl. city, when in reality; it is a sprawling mess of grey concrete, dirt, multiculturalism gone horribly wrong, and the most over the top pricing I have ever encountered. If you've ever been to New York, it is hard to take London seriously.

Aye, Eden-burger is the biz. We should get an epic soccer beers going there :)

Those be some mighty fine traveling plans you have there. Eying up something similar myself. Would love to get back to Canada for a year, travel coast to coast in the U.S, and maybe squeeze in S.E Asia as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

Ok, I don't mind some photos, but this thread is for off topic discussion.

If you guys want to turn this into slydice thread, I'll just move it to that forum and close the thread.

GuanYin wrote: »
    If you guys want to turn this into slydice thread, I'll just move it to that forum and close the thread.

No mam :(, we'll behave.

Aye. I'd shudder to think what kinda impression some of our clubs leave with the weekend breakers.

They seem to love it. You meet the weekend tourists in Coppers every week. They love how its socially acceptable to get blind drunk in Dublin. But I'm sure once they sober up they see it for the kip it is.
    Just can't stand the place. Sells itself as a big intl. city, when in reality it is a sprawling mess of grey concrete, dirt, multiculturalism gone horribly wrong, and the most over the top pricing I have ever encountered. If you've ever been to New York, it is hard to take London seriously.

LOL first time I read that i thought you were talking about Dublin!! I've been to New Yoik twice, last November was the last time actually, my best mate's there atm. Love New Yoik. But I also love London. Mainly cos everytime I go we have nights of epic randomness....for example last time I was there we ended up in an illegal basement nightclub that was full of Brazilians playing Brazilian dance music.....we were the only gringos in the house! One of the most fun nights out I've had...continental challenge was completed too!
    Aye, Eden-burger is the biz. We should get an epic soccer beers going there :)

Baby steps, we've to go to Deventer/the Dam first remember! Plus the last soccer beers saw myself, Des, pfb and Bounty Hunter turn up and then we got started on by "Dimitri".....numbers!! tbh!
    Those be some mighty fine traveling plans you have there. Eying up something similar myself. Would love to get back to Canada for a year, travel coast to coast in the U.S, and maybe squeeze in S.E Asia as well.

A season in Whistler in Canada followed by a tour of the US at different training camps with the pros (MMA - I'm a geek), then back to S.E. Asia then hopefully a year in Oz where I'll find a wife.....I have a weakness! :pac:

Right gents I'm off to the cot. Should have done this about 2 hours ago but what the hey! Epic way to spend a friday night i have to say! :pac:

Ok, I don't mind some photos, but this thread is for off topic discussion.

Evening GY. How was your day?

No mam :(, we'll behave.
    It isn't a question of behaving, it is a question of the right place for things.

As I said, I don't mind a photo in context, but randomly posting a load of photos of women is not why this thread was allowed to run.

Maybe I need to post some ground rules.

Evening GY. How was your day?

My day was OK, was busy but I like it like that. I'm going to happy hour soon :)

It isn't a question of behaving, it is a question of the right place for things.

As I said, I don't mind a photo in context, but randomly posting a load of photos of women is not why this thread was allowed to run.

Maybe I need to post some ground rules.

To be fair, I started that when I fcked up my 5000th post cos charlie requested bewbs! Once off. We dont normally post slydice type stuff and ya have to admit, some of the GIFs are funny and EVERY fail GIF aimed at me was deserved (I really made a balls of that post!)

GuanYin wrote:
    My day was OK, was busy but I like it like that. I'm going to happy hour soon :)

Good stuff. Busy days make the day seem quicker. I however choose to let my busy workload build up as i value my days on this thread more than being busy. Slow day on OT > fast day workin tbh! Though i have learned to balance it better than a few months back ("Aye right"!) the day does rip by when you're busy though. An active mind is the best way to be.

Happy hour is the shizzle. Whats your drink of choice as a matter of interest? Lucky u. I'm goin to happy 8 hours now, better known as bed. (I said that 20 mins ago too but got distracted!)

To be fair, I started that when I fcked up my 5000th post cos charlie requested bewbs! Once off. We dont normally post slydice type stuff and ya have to admit, some of the GIFs are funny and EVERY fail GIF aimed at me was deserved (I really made a balls of that post!)

It started several thousand posts ago, it's just been more common in the last few hundred posts.
    Good stuff. Busy days make the day seem quicker. I however choose to let my busy workload build up as i value my days on this thread more than being busy. Slow day on OT > fast day workin tbh! Though i have learned to balance it better than a few months back ("Aye right"!) the day does rip by when you're busy though. An active mind is the best way to be.

I have a tablet PC, so I tend to browse boards standing in the corner when people are talking about things I'm not particularly interested or involved in.
    Happy hour is the shizzle. Whats your drink of choice as a matter of interest? Lucky u. I'm goin to happy 8 hours now, better known as bed. (I said that 20 mins ago too but got distracted!)
    I like soda and lime :)

Otherwise a good red wine or a well made espresso martini.

What about you, all beer, right?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

I'm too drunk to focus on the last few pages, but loving the photo of Zooey? Is that how it's spelt? Two things about her. Elf! Will Ferrell is in it so therefore you have to love it. And secondly, her band, She & Him are pretty frickin' good

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,072 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

apologies GY, should have posted the context for my pic addition. Had just been watching a movie with her in it. She wasn't the main person by a long shot, but just thought she was the most attractive, while also being the least 'done up'. Not something one see's too often.

On the dry myself tonight, can only afford one night out over the weekend, so that'll be tomorrow. up early enough tomor for some surfing anyway, so didnt wanna be hungover.

Unfortunately they outlawed 'happy hour' here a few years ago. Enjoy it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

I think this may be my first ever proper drunken post. I usually don't drink too heavily but I may have had my body weight in the stuff tonight.

Funnily enough I always seem to maintain my typing coherence when i've been drinking though.

I'm afraid to go to bed in fear of the dreaded beer-spins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,908 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

In 6 hours time I will embark on a 5 hour long free piss up. End of year football thing and the club are putting on a three course meal in some swanky hotel with free alcohol between 7 and 12. Gonna get Lionel Messi!

It started several thousand posts ago, it's just been more common in the last few hundred posts.

Fair nuff.
    GuanYin wrote:
    I have a tablet PC, so I tend to browse boards standing in the corner when people are talking about things I'm not particularly interested or involved in.

I usually flick onto boards about every half hour - 40 mins and how long I stay on depends on the banter!
    GuanYin wrote:
    I like soda and lime :)

Otherwise a good red wine or a well made espresso martini.

What about you, all beer, right?

It depends on the scenario. I've been single for a while (by choice may I add! :pac: - cue smart comment! :P) so haven't really done the whole eating out thing a whole lot bar the odd occasion but when I'm eating eating i actually really like white wine. If i'm just goin out to party I start off with beer and then onto Jager usually.

If I'm havin 2 or 3 drinks with a couple of mates then nothing beats a couple of pints of Guinness.

monkey9 wrote: »
    Will Ferrell is in it so therefore you have to love it.

Nay! This was maybe true about 3-4 years ago but now generally anything with him in it I vigorously avoid. He hasn't made anything that made me laugh since Anchorman. I thought "Elf" was atrocious tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,659 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Funnily enough I always seem to maintain my typing coherence when i've been drinking though.

Damn, you were doing so well too! :D
    I'm afraid to go to bed in fear of the dreaeded beer-spins.

• Advertisement

Alreet lads.

To the boys on here last night, never ever drink and forum.

drunk_on_the_internet.jpg
    A season in Whistler in Canada followed by a tour of the US at different training camps with the pros (MMA - I'm a geek), then back to S.E. Asia then hopefully a year in Oz where I'll find a wife.....I have a weakness! :pac:

Yeah Whistler is savage. Went camping up there when I was in Vancouver (proper rugged-man camping:cool:), and it is in a world of its own in terms scenery and the like. Would love to do another summer in Vancouver, and then head up to Whistler for the snow season. Supposedly jobs a plenty as long a you get up by the end of September.

So when are we booking the flights? :pac::pac:

Boggles wrote: »
    Damn, you were doing so well too! :D
    Damn you :D

I feel pretty crummy, gonna go for a swim in a minute which is my favourite hangover remedy.
    Alreet lads.

To the boys on here last night, never ever drink and forum.
    Ah no, there have been some legendary threads around here as a result of drinking and forum-ing. There was one gem from Archimedes in AH a while back. I also remember Kjdacl arguing with just about everyone in the Soccer forum last year after a match. Not completely sure he was drunk, but that was the general assumption :D

Yeah Whistler is savage. Went camping up there when I was in Vancouver (proper rugged-man camping:cool:), and it is in a world of its own in terms scenery and the like. Would love to do another summer in Vancouver, and then head up to Whistler for the snow season. Supposedly jobs a plenty as long a you get up by the end of September.

So when are we booking the flights? :pac::pac:

Gotta admit I've stopped in here once or twice when locked....never a good idea!

Yea i've only heard good things, would really enjoy that tbh so hoping to get it done.

Well I've 2 years to go on my contract/exams here then I plan to leave this place for at least 2-3 years!! But I've a while to go yet...plus i've to save teh monies!

Lol I remember the Archimedes AH one. Had to PM the poor lad to make sure he was ok. Sound lad.

I thought you were meant to be on your bender, sans paying?

Would I be right in assuming that if this is a work do, and the boss is picking up the tab, a few of the shelias will be making fools of themselves, Christmas-do styley?

Edit: Where's all your sigs gone? Teh bacon pull a Rodney King on ya?

• Advertisement

Morning cunts,

O dear

That is all!

Has anyone ever seen the Graham Taylor documentary about his time as England manager during the '94 qualifying campaign. It was on ITV4 a few days ago.

Absolutely epic viewing, on a par with David Brent in terms of cringe.

Anyways,

You can watch the full thing here. Well worth a watch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 288 ✭✭Publin

Nothing like a killer hangover the night after winning the league :cool:, beautiful.

Today is going to be a write off :). Still hammered, got about 3 hours sleep and am absolutely buzzing. This is what it's all about.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Morrning folks,my head hurts and I have loads of stuff to do on line not looking forward to it.

@ charlie. Yeah scoopin now. Was postin off the blower so sigs don't show up. Enjoy your evening gents!

I'm sure most of yis are aware, but Boards cleaned up at the Irish web awards tonight. I have no doubt that my epic use of .gifs got us the nod.

Anyways my OT brothers, pop in to the feedback thread if you want to give your congrats to the lads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭Im_No_Superman

I'm sure most of yis are aware, but Boards cleaned up at the Irish web awards tonight. I have no doubt that my epic use of .gifs got us the nod.

Anyways my OT brothers, pop in to the feedback thread if you want to give your congrats to the lads.
    Id say it was Neil's 5000th post that swung it boards way! :pac:

Very quiet day in the Off topic thread today.

b6d0nk.jpg

God I am drunk as fuk. I love you all

Although I hope Charlie gets a STD :)

Although I hope Charlie gets a STD :)

Send you aul one round so.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Terrible morning.

Played in possibly the most laughable game of football I've ever played in.

SantryRed wrote: »
    Played in possibly the most laughable game of football I've ever played in.

Spurs didn't ave a game today, did they?

God I am drunk as fuk. I love you all

Lol, nothing like an afternoon binge eh? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Spurs didn't ave a game today, did they?

Says the Newcastle fan:pac:

Won player of the year for last year though:cool:

SantryRed wrote: »
    Says the Newcastle fan:pac:

Won player of the year for last year though:cool:

They're the only team I can remotely have a pop at theses days.

Congrats.

One of my favourite films on Channel 4 now, Kingpin. Bill Murray is a legend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭ITT-Pat

^^^^^^

so true!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,659 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

One of my favourite films on Channel 4 now, Kingpin. Bill Murray is a legend.

ESPN Announcer: So Roy, where have you been for the last fifteen years?
    Roy Well, I uh, well, ya see, I uh... Drinking. Lot a drinking.
    ESPN Announcer: I see. Well, are you still drinking?
    Roy No. I uh... I put... uh... Why, you buying?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Watching it too, one of my favourite comedies :)

• Advertisement

Boggles wrote: »
    ESPN Announcer: So Roy, where have you been for the last fifteen years?
    Roy Well, I uh, well, ya see, I uh... Drinking. Lot a drinking.
    ESPN Announcer: I see. Well, are you still drinking?
    Roy No. I uh... I put... uh... Why, you buying?

My favourite Ernie McCracken line -

Ernie McCracken: "Hi."
    Older Lady In Diner: "Hi."
    Ernie McCracken: "Not you. Hi."
    Younger Lady In Diner: "Hi."

His expression is hillarious! :D

Absolutely quality movie, gonna Sky+ it now on +1.

The comb-over gets me every time :D

Kingpin_300x298.jpg

Also, Vanessa Angel

Vanessa-Angel-Biography-3.jpg

3.gif

Fcuk me this place has been dead for the past two days.

No doubt the plastics will be back in their droves come the 11am teabreak tomorrow morning :pac: :pac: :pac:

Gettin close to that magic 10k.....

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Gettin close to that magic 10k.....

I'll flip ya for it.

Heads....

• Advertisement

Heads....

Hard luck my friend

RANDOM_ORG_Coin_Flipper_1223861242344.png

Ah cock

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

Mine!!!! :p

Happy 10,000th post everyone :p

Go Dodgers!

Ah cock

Being the gent that I am, i'll set this one up for ya, and let you have it.

Make it worthwhile though 2.gif

EDIT: Bah!!!! Very sly GY. I bet you've been lurking in the shadows for a good half hr waiting to pounce on it.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement