Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Off Topic Thread & Off Topic Thread II - Collectors Edition Bumper Pack

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

BBBBBBBBBBBBBBEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEBO

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

(off for a snoop)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,072 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

On an entirely unrelated note, saw Dragonforce on Monday and this man, Herman Li;

Herman_Li.jpg
    Best Man Ever!

Also, got another interview for the weekend, so hopefully will be having an income soon enough...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

If you're lurking Neil, stay big! (a phrase my old soccer manager used to use)

Did your old soccer manager molest you?

This makes me very happy!!!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

Just back from football - I never knew I had metatarsal bones in my foot until some heffer of a lad just stood on my foot running at full pace. I swear I've damaged at least one.
    GuanYin wrote:
    This makes me very happy

Pray tell why?

• Advertisement

GuanYin wrote: »
    Did your old soccer manager molest you?

This makes me very happy!!!

For someone who seems to cry foul at even a bikini pic being posted, that's a fairly rough statement to come out with, and no, he didn't fiddle with me cock. He was a top bloke who I hold in high regard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

Pray tell why?

Because I've just discovered both Life on Mars and John Simm and they're both ":)"

Ah. Fair enough so.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Life on Mars is a great program.

Jaysus, how do you know this? :eek:

Pink dressing gown, fluffy man! The usual really!

Just home from football, I either have inflammed something in my knee or have shin splitns high up my leg, hard to tell cos of where the pain is but nay good! Spent about 40 mins in goals and giving sh1te passes! woohoo!

• Advertisement

Pink dressing gown, fluffy man! The usual really!

Just home from football, I either have inflammed something in my knee or have shin splitns high up my leg, hard to tell cos of where the pain is but nay good! Spent about 40 mins in goals and giving sh1te passes! woohoo!

Sounds like a cracking day all round.

Sounds like a cracking day all round.

One to mark on the calender and the diary as "the best day of my life". I'll have a "one year on" themed party next year in rememberance......it'll be great.

I'm more gutted for my mate than anything else, at least i still (for now) have a job.

One to mark on the calender and the diary as "the best day of my life". I'll have a "one year on" themed party next year in rememberance......it'll be great.

Grand so, party in your gaf. Will you be doing a buffet?
    I'm more gutted for my mate than anything else, at least i still (for now) have a job.

Will your internetz be affected as a result of this meeting?

Grand so, party in your gaf. Will you be doing a buffet?

Yea i'll have a big P45 tablemat and we'll be eating baked beans. We can theme it as a "dole party".
    Will your internetz be affected as a result of this meeting?

Possibly. I would probably be on as regularly as I had been the last month or two.

For those who have been asking...UFC tickets are on sale this Tuesday at 9.

I see you are now stalking me on Bebo. I should warn you that I mainly use it to 'groom' young 14yr old girls, but if you leave me a comment, I might just throw you one back.

I see you are now stalking me on Bebo. I should warn you that I mainly use it to 'groom' young 14yr old girls, but if you leave me a comment, I might just throw you one back.

Boards soccer page has its uses. I dont know which users omost people are but u werent too hard! I see u pre-empted me with ur own anti stalking comment! Now I'm gonna leave the big green man in your comments section!

Hmmm. I cant say I have any 14 year olds to link you to, you're on your own! :pac:

Boards soccer page has its uses. I dont know which users omost people are but u werent too hard! I see u pre-empted me with ur own anti stalking comment! Now I'm gonna leave the big green man in your comments section!

Haven't been on it for while. Even though i joined it, I can never find it in my friends or group section.

Owt new on it?

Haven't been on it for while. Even though i joined it, I can never find it in my friends or group section.

Owt new on it?

Yea I can never find it, I stumbled accross it running a search.

Nah man i think everyone suffers from the not being able to find it problem!

just stubbed off about a quarter of my thumbnail off the door. this really isnt my day.

Im scared to move now for fear of what God has in store for me next!

Yeah, this gehy that it is buried so deep in the internetz. It could be a right little useful outhouse for some of the 'bluer' gags that don't fly round here.
    just stubbed off about a quarter of my thumbnail off the door. this really isnt my day.

Silly bastid.

Yeah, I wouldn't risk a danger **** tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭Im_No_Superman

Just home from How to Lose Friends & Alienate People. First hour ok afew laughs better than expected, after that it turns to clichéd Hollywood muck. :rolleyes:

Ah well the Coen's Burn After Reading is next weeks offering. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭One Cold Hand

Just home from How to Lose Friends & Alienate People. First hour ok afew laughs better than expected, after that it turns to clichéd Hollywood muck. :rolleyes:

Ah well the Coen's Burn After Reading is next weeks offering. :)

Hmmmmm. Megan Fox.....droool.

How is she looking?

Bad things happen in threes man. I'm sure God is finished with you, for now.

On a lighter note. It's Friday. One of the girls in Accounts has a birthday night planned tonight and I've been invited. That means lots of pints and lots of tail.

F*%kin delish.

Who's got plans for the weekend?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,908 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

No major plans myself. Take it easy I think. Gotta save funds for International Rules weekend next week cause that'll be some sesh.

Meant to be 33 degrees on Sunday so I'll probably hit the beach for the afternoon.

Grr. Just been trying since bang on 9am and I mean BANG ON to get tickets for a certain Australian metal band and it looks to be sold out.

Hate that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Ouch.

I was in The Woolshed last night, with The Ladies Lounge :eek:

Drank a different beer each time.

All Aussie Beers.

My head is not my friend this morning.

Ouch.

What beers did you have?

Lemme see.

Carlton Crown
    Coopers Red, Green and Yellow
    Boags
    Toohey's Extra Dry (just for you Xavi :))
    Speights (I know it's NZ)
    ...and something else I can't remember, they had no Carlton Draught though :mad:

Noice! Didn't realise it such an extensive range. Was there any Pure Blonde about?

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Noice! Didn't realise it such an extensive range. Was there any Pure Blonde about?

Nah.

I never even drank that when I was down there tbh.

Is Resch's available in Perth?

Lovely beer.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

Des, do they do Tooheys extra dry platinum in there?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

i am drunk

Hard to beat James Boags.

Des, do they do Tooheys extra dry platinum in there?

Nope, but it sounds like a proper chop bustin' beer.

why does this thread only have 4 stars? wat ****ing **** held it back?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

Des wrote: »
    Nope, but it sounds like a proper chop bustin' beer.

It was a good beer. really expensive though so I could never afford it while in Oz. The only time I managed to get a few bottles was on a night out the pub we went to had $2.50 beers except their taps were not working so the gave us bottles for $2.50. We off course went for the most expenive bottles and they didn't care.

6.5% of liquid gold.
    Mr Alan wrote: »
    why does this thread only have 4 stars? wat ****ing **** held it back?

I think I gave it a chop busting rating.

• Advertisement

lol, one of the managers just came over to me and said.

"Des, by any chance were you drinking last night".

They can smell the beer all over the bleedin' office.

:D:D

Des wrote: »
    Nah.

I never even drank that when I was down there tbh.

Is Resch's available in Perth?

Lovely beer.

Never heard of it tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,415 ✭✭✭Racing Flat

Wheer do you go out in Perth Xavi 6? When we were there, Fridays were always the same, straight down to Cottesloe beach after work for a body board, then into Bridie O'Reillys in Subiaco for a quick one and on to the Aberdeen, followed by the Post Office and maybe the Bog at the end of the night (usually the signs of a messy one if we ended up there). Ah, the memories!!!

Well I rarely go into the city as it costs a bomb to get home (I live in the northern suburbs). The Deen is a pretty good spot but you wouldn't catch me near the Bog!

In town I'd usually go to the Deen, the Shed or the Paramount.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭Im_No_Superman

Hmmmmm. Megan Fox.....droool.

How is she looking?
    As hot as ever. On scene in particular, soaking see through dress, nearly worth the ticket price alone! ;)
    /drool

• Advertisement

All this Oz talk reminds me of this gent

alf_stewart_int.jpg

'Ya flamin Mongrel!!!'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭DeadSkin

I've had to hang up me boots :(
    Fooked up me ankle for the last time last night playing 5 aside. 'twas a great game too, 5 minutes to go and I go over on my ankle. Was my first game back after about 2 months :(
    After about 5 mins it looked like there was a golf ball bursting thru' me ankle.
    DeadSkin is a sad panda today :(

Afternoon lads,

Plans for the weekend, tonight is up in the air, herself is goin out and the lads dont seem to be around. Tomorrow night is cans and the UFc then sunday with herself. What to do....I'm broke too so no real options...maybe sit in tonight and drop the hand...on myself. :O

Readin Slashs book still, a must read for any fans of sex drugs and rock n roll debauchery type stories! The lad was off the rails!

DeadSkin wrote: »
    I've had to hang up me boots :(
    Fooked up me ankle for the last time last night playing 5 aside. 'twas a great game too, 5 minutes to go and I go over on my ankle. Was my first game back after about 2 months :(
    After about 5 mins it looked like there was a golf ball bursting thru' me ankle.
    DeadSkin is a sad panda today :(
    We're all getting old aren't we?

I have 3 circular bruises across the top of my foot and think I must have broken my little toe's metatarsal bone, Neil buckled his knee/shin and now you're hanging up your boots.

Perhaps we should all move into coaching/management. Des can teach us all he knows.

(should take about 5 mins) :D

Tonight it's the Shels game, then back to herself's. Tomorrow I'll watch some football, then head to the pub for a while.

Fairly skint myself, so it might have to be lemonade.

Takin' it easy on Sunday.

I've listened to Ryans new album a few times.

I think it might suck :(

You think it might?

Have a listen again - should confirm it for you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭DeadSkin

We're all getting old aren't we?

I have 3 circular bruises across the top of my foot and think I must have broken my little toe's metatarsal bone, Neil buckled his knee/shin and now you're hanging up your boots.

Perhaps we should all move into coaching/management. Des can teach us all he knows.

(should take about 5 mins) :D

When I did me ankle last year, the consultant said to me it's not any younger your gettin :eek:.
    Nah, coachin' not for me, you know what they say, those who can't play, coach :pac: :p

DeadSkin wrote: »
    you know what they say, those who can't play, coach :pac: :p

ne'er a truer word spoken.

Back braddock in the 3:15 at Tipp

Got a HUGE tip on it!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement