Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Off Topic Thread & Off Topic Thread II - Collectors Edition Bumper Pack

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

Where did i hate on him? i said he's a legend. One of my favourite actors.

Whats that from btw?!

Fair enough, sounding like you were hating on his killer guns.

A stinker of a film called Fear. That scene always get referenced when me and the lads are having a chat about Entourage/Marky.

Lads, am I an absolute Chav for thinking this song is a bit of a chooooon.

I usually hate dance/trance stuff, but I can't get it out of my head. Anyone else got any shameful pleasures?

Kold wrote: »
    God is an Astronaut were awesome last night. Although I lost my lower end for the night. Also, drinking on anti biotics is crap. Have a 21st to go to tonight. Might just roll myself a load of joints.

I'd defo go for plan B...... I always regret A in the morning while B gives me the same enjoyment and no hangover! :)

Drinkin on anti bitotics can end well or really badly. More often than not it goes badly though, weird buzz and a rotten overhang.

Fair enough, sounding like you were hating on his killer guns.

Not at all, i wont hear a bad word against the guy.

I usually hate dance/trance stuff, but I can't get it out of my head. Anyone else got any shameful pleasures?

Far far too many, mostly stemming from nights out or holidays....

Far far too many, mostly stemming from nights out or holidays....

Yes, this seems to be the root cause of the problem. A few more skeletons in the closet

Particularly this one. Played every night on the LC pissup holiday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

OH LAWD. I like electronic music. A lot. That is just cheese.

I'm highjacking this and making it about savage electronic tunes.

The second track there takes a little while to build up but I implore you to listen to it fully. It's just so gorgeous.

Jailbait.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,072 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Interview went well, guy said he'd be passing on a review of me to HR but that he'd expect to see me again for training in November, find out for definate next week, so fingers crossed! Would be ideal, can spend a few more weeks mooching off the government and surfing without the guilt and worry of job hunting.

It's ironic that that pic wouldn't be allowed in the Lolocaust.

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    Interview went well, guy said he'd be passing on a review of me to HR but that he'd expect to see me again for training in November, find out for definate next week, so fingers crossed! Would be ideal, can spend a few more weeks mooching off the government and surfing without the guilt and worry of job hunting.

Where's it for?

Good stuff Rebel.

• Advertisement

Where's it for?

Just a Tech Support job, but beggers cant be choosers!

Best choon ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It reminds me of the Tonic bar in NY where I spent many the messy nights on my j1.

The tonic on 1st,not that ****hole poser place on Times Square.

Hadaway+New York, reminds me of these dudes

Hadaway+New York, reminds me of these dudes

Ya got to love to the Guido's.I remember somebody hacked a guidos myspace and took the pss out of him.Can't remember what forum it was on either.I'll have a look.

(Pops his head in he door to see if anyone's in) :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

I'm going to be tutoring a class of 10 biochem students who are sh*t at physics once a week with one of my best buds, should be a fairly easy considering it's barely as difficult as l.c honours. Life is good!

The Illusionist is sh*te, but Jessica Biel is win...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,908 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Hi girls

Goodnight girls

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

eZe^ wrote: »
    I'm going to be tutoring a class of 10 biochem students who are sh*t at physics once a week with one of my best buds, should be a fairly easy considering it's barely as difficult as l.c honours. Life is good!

What year are you tutoring? I know a couple of people in different years in ucc biochem.

Also, I quite liked The Illusionist. It had the misfortune of being compared to The Prestige because they were similar films released around the same time. The Prestige was no doubt the superior film, but I thought The Illusionist was good in its own right.

• Advertisement

What year are you tutoring? I know a couple of people in different years in ucc biochem.

Also, I quite liked The Illusionist. It had the misfortune of being compared to The Prestige because they were similar films released around the same time. The Prestige was no doubt the superior film, but I thought The Illusionist was good in its own right.

Im a 2nd year physics student teaching 1st year biochem!

Ah but it isn't really that good at all. I do like Jessica Biel, but I thought it was a little silly, because realistically if that Prince guy was as crazy as he was portrayed in the movie, Norton would have been assassinated way earlier. Also, The Prestige is sooooooooo much better. :pac::pac:

Glen Loovens is a massive gheyer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

Hello all. I'm introducing you to my new girl:

mary_elizabeth_winstead_image.jpg

90738_arx1174349468u_122_643lo.jpg

Some day soon we shall dance....

Hello all. I'm introducing you to my new girl:

mary_elizabeth_winstead_image.jpg

90738_arx1174349468u_122_643lo.jpg

Some day soon we shall dance....

You do realise that GY will arbitrarily remove these pics, and replace them with what she considers unattractive and unappealing ladies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

I have faith in the fact that I have never crossed GY and as such my new girl is safe.

Yeay for peace-keeping!

Morning lads, get up ya lazy fcukers.

• Advertisement

Ahhhhh I love Sundays!

Just in from the beach. We hit the early 30s today so headed out for a bit of sun after lunch. Did some body surfing and caught a few quality waves. Tanning season is officially open! :D

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Ahhhhh I love Sundays!

Just in from the beach. We hit the early 30s today so headed out for a bit of sun after lunch. Did some body surfing and caught a few quality waves. Tanning season is officially open! :D

Bodacious dude!! Radical!
    zack_morris4.jpg

Forgive my sarcasm, it's fooking grey as fcuk outside. I do like the autiumn leaves though.

I think I'm gonna stay in bed a few more hours. Is the Spurs game on Sky? If so, what time?

I think I'm gonna stay in bed a few more hours. Is the Spurs game on Sky? If so, what time?

Aye. 4pm.

Bodacious dude!! Radical!

Forgive my sarcasm, it's fooking grey as fcuk outside. I do like the autiumn leaves though.

I remember in 6th year some gays in my year decided to re-enact a scene from saved by the bell during a lunch break, they recorded it and everything. Losers. :pac:

Xavi you say you like Biffy Clyro? It's a pity their new stuff is the ****test thing ever created by Scots! I remember going to see them when they had just released Vertigo of Bliss and talking to the drummer for live 5 minutes in a small venue. It was pretty cool, but I doubt I'll go see them after the crock of sh*t they just released.

Just watched the newest Entourage, Drama stole the show again! :pac::pac:

• Advertisement

Just watched the newest Entourage, Drama stole the show again! :pac::pac:

Right back to form this week I thought. And yes, Drama was class. I always like the episodes where Drama and Turtle are paired together. The one where Drama has the bet with Vince that he can get Turtle laid before Vince can get E laid is superb.

Aye. 4pm.

Bed for another 3 hours so. Then I'll grill some bacon n sausages :D

Right back to form this week I thought. And yes, Drama was class. I always like the episodes where Drama and Turtle are paired together. The one where Drama has the bet with Vince that he can get Turtle laid before Vince can get E laid is superb.

You didn't like last weeks? I loved Ari in the desert on shrooms though : 'Calm down Ari, just tell me what you can see around you' 'Ok Lloyd, there's rocks, sand, dust and little green goblins'.... :pac:

Doesn't E get laid by an absolutely amazing English broad in that episode?

Then I'll grill some bacon n sausages :D

No sauce or butter on mine, and I like my rashers crispy.

Cheers btw.

You didn't like last weeks? I loved Ari in the desert on shrooms though : 'Calm down Ari, just tell me what you can see around you' 'Ok Lloyd, there's rocks, sand, dust and little green goblins'.... :pac:

Hated it. Didn't think the gags we're funny at all. I have a feeling it was more of an episode my stoner mates would have enjoyed.
    Doesn't E get laid by an absolutely amazing English broad in that episode?
    Scratching my head, and I can't remember if he does or not. It was certainly on the cards alright, but I think he bottles it, being the soft bastid that he is. Drama at the end of the episode is class

Ah come on lads, spoilers ffs :mad:

No sauce or butter on mine, and I like my rashers crispy.

Cheers btw.

Sure I only get streaky rashers. Can't stand that back bacon that you Irish love.

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Ah come on lads, spoilers ffs :mad:

Apologies. I don't think anything of worth was revealed though, so you're in good stead. Again though, sorry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Didn't particularly like either of the last two :/

The one two weeks ago was nothing but filler imo,
    and the stoner humour felt very forced.

Last week's, well I already said my piece in the television forum
    but I didn't like the re-introduction of Dom at all. Hope he doesn't become a regular again.

Still, it's one of the best things on tv at the moment so I've full faith in it.

Just stumbled across this on youtube. What a cracking ad.

• Advertisement

Remember it like it was yesterday.

Just stumbled across this on youtube. What a cracking ad.

goosebumps!

goosebumps!

Doesn't it just.

I remember first stumbling it across it about a year ago when was still in New York. The new season was on the verge of starting, yet I had been locked in Yank land for 4 months, sheltered from all the buildup. I wanted to cry near the end of that ad.

Dreadin work tomorrow.

Good weekend lads?!

Neil, only came across this now, but feels it is worthy of a post, encapsulating that failfest that was your 5000th post.

8g9i8m0.gif

Dreadin work tomorrow.

Good weekend lads?!

Ah, your in. Thought you'd be out molesting the missus.

Ok-ish weekend. Spent alot of it filling out tediously long applications for grad programmes I want to get into to, but the football was entertaining, and I had a good chin wag with a mate this evening that brightened my mood. I think this is the age where you start to really appreciat those solid bonds you have with certain mates.

Toon playing tomorrow may dampen the mood. Cautiously optimistic though.

Yourself?

Seen that before its class!

Charlie, to find the boards soccer group go to "Home" then on the top left beside your pic and the welcome thing it will say "Groups"....thats where it is, just figured it out now, go me!

Ah, your in. Thought you'd be out molesting the missus.

Ok-ish weekend. Spent alot of it filling out tediously long applications for grad programmes I want to get into to, but the football was entertaining, and I had a good chin wag with a mate this evening that brightened my mood. I think this is the age where you start to really appreciat those solid bonds you have with certain mates.

Toon playing tomorrow may dampen the mood. Cautiously optimistic though.

Yourself?

She left mine about an hour ago!

Mine was average, cans with the lads for UFC last nite was fun. Hung out on Friday, have no money though so had to keep it all nice and low key. Played the new pro evo, its very different again :(

I know what ya mean man. You're teens you care a lot about having loads of mates so u know you always have people to hang out with but nowadays i find I just appreciate how close I am with my good mates more than anything else. Very important that.

Ive my meeting again with the boss tomorrow so i have to come accross well. Could go fine, could be a fúckin disaster.

F**k you Colts, F*CK YOU!

I just spent the last 4 hours writing up a lab report, and now I'm not tired so I can't go to sleep, despite the fact I have to be up tomorrow at 7/8 to play a bit of tennis with one of the lads.

• Advertisement

She left mine about an hour ago!

Mine was average, cans with the lads for UFC last nite was fun. Hung out on Friday, have no money though so had to keep it all nice and low key. Played the new pro evo, its very different again :(

I know what ya mean man. You're teens you care a lot about having loads of mates so u know you always have people to hang out with but nowadays i find I just appreciate how close I am with my good mates more than anything else. Very important that.

Ive my meeting again with the boss tomorrow so i have to come accross well. Could go fine, could be a fúckin disaster.

Was she walking crooked? ;)

Aye, being skint is the ghey.

Yeah, back in the day it was all about how many people came to your birthday, or how many 'numbers' you had in you mobile. I really am beginning to appreciate the mates I have around me now, and the fact that we're like brothers around eachother. I'd trust em with me life.

Best of luck with the meeting, but like I said previously, whatever happens happens. Sweating over it or being worried about it does sweet FA. If they are in anyway a decent company to work for, you'll be kept on. If they show such impatience, then you're probably better off out now then in a few more years when you've got a few more commitments. Just my 2 cents anyway.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement