Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Off Topic Thread & Off Topic Thread II - Collectors Edition Bumper Pack

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,908 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

You did well considering she was drinking with myself in Carlingford.

Menage a trois?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Which one do you frequent most often?
    I go to the Nassau Street one most often, but prefer the Temple Bar one.

I also like the Bray one.

Des wrote: »
    Even that fat biatch with the droopy melons?
    thats a lovely way to talk about me

lol :D

Feel the love

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Menage a trois?
    That's wrong. On many levels.

I met MrJoeSoap earlier, outside the shop.

Yeah I was texting him saying I bumped into some randomer from home just as he saw you.

I'm not "some randomer".

Excuse you.

:mad:

No I said I bumped into a randomer over here. A lad we went to school with. I was texting that to him and he sent a message back saying he was just talking to you.

Yeah, whatever, stop backtracking.

• Advertisement

No edited posts by me. Go back and read it again.

I know what you said.

You know what you said.

You're like the baby balloon who brought the pin to school.

You've let me down, you've let everyone else down, but most importantly, you've let yourself down.

Meh, I'm off to bed.

Charlie, if you're in here at all this evening make sure you're still on at 1.30am your time. I want a full rundown of the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

Jaysis lads, you're like a pair of auld ones.

65028620_0b4a4c1d02.jpg

Finally got my Masters results, 2.1, but then I have known it was going to be that for the last 6 months. Feel very underwhelmed.

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Meh, I'm off to bed.

Charlie, if you're in here at all this evening make sure you're still on at 1.30am your time. I want a full rundown of the game.

Will do.

Fair and Balanced no doubt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

PhD next Charlie?

• Advertisement

eZe^ wrote: »
    PhD next Charlie?

Not a chance. Booksmarts are all well and good, but I am really beginning to find out that nothing equates to bit of hands on experience. Need to get out there ASAP.

I don't have any regrets, and I am sure in the future it will stand to me, but I probably would have had an easier time finding a job had I not done my masters, given that now is probably the worst possible time to graduate.

Still fcuk em and the recession, i'll get sorted with perseverance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Well done Charlie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

Not a chance. Booksmarts are all well and good, but I ma really begining to find out that nothing equates to bit of hands on experience. Need to get out there ASAP.

I don't have any regrets, and I am sure in the future it will stand to me, but I probably would have ad an easier time finding a job had I not done my masters, given that now is probably the worst possible time to graduate.

Still fcuk em and the recession, i'll get sorted with perseverance.

Fairplay on the old results btw man! What are were you studying by the way? I'll definitely need a PhD, would like to do some fancy research or make loads of dosh over in America.

Oh, and fcuk the recession indeed, if you're skilled enough you'll make it man...

Cheers man.

Was studying law, and did my masters in Commercial Law.

That's what I keep telling myself, but it is getting hard. I have first in my degree, and coupled with my masters (without sounding like the big I am), I should have a few offers to choose from. However, the legal profession is on it's knees at the minute, training contracts (which you have to secure to qualify) are like gold dust. I have therefore been trying to move into financial services/compliance work, but we all know that the financial services industry is fairly borked as well.

Still, I am hoping that one of the many applications that I have filled in will come off. But it's starting to get to the stage where I may have to take any old job so that I have something coming in.

TBH, now is probably a great time to be starting college, or midway through it knowing you're going on to masters/PHD, as it will be 3 or so years by the time you graduated by that time, things should have picked up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭Im_No_Superman

Evening gents, Im fecking tired today. Big session saturday night and late night dvd session sunday night all catching up on me today. The one plus side of my current "in between jobs" state was napping on the couch all afternoon! :pac:

Fair play on the masters Charlie, great achievement and something to be proud of. Thinking of doing one myself but like yourself I think work experience is key so I need to get a job half related to my degree to stick on the cv!

• Advertisement

Fair play on the masters Charlie, great achievement and something to be proud of. Thinking of doing one myself but like yourself I think work experience is key so I need to get a job half related to my degree to stick on the cv!

Cheers.

Yeah, I think if you can get it, experience is what will stand to you most given the present climate. What line of work are you looking to get into?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭Im_No_Superman

Cheers.

Yeah, I think if you can get it, experience is what will stand to you most given the present climate. What line of work are you looking to get into?
    IT, got a degree in Business Information Systems so ideally Id like to get into system analysis. A graduate program preferably.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Finally got my Masters results, 2.1, but then I have known it was going to be that for the last 6 months. Feel very underwhelmed.

Congrats man. :)

PS I bet you'd take a 2.1 tonight in the match eh? ;)

A graduate program preferably.

Aye, that's what I am looking for as well, but most won't start till next Sep. so I need to find something in the interim.
    Congrats man. :)

PS I bet you'd take a 2.1 tonight in the match eh? ;)

Cheers MNG.

I'd trade the whole piece of paper in for 2.1 tonight! We need every scrap at the moment, but 3 pts would see us out of the bottom 3 and level with a about 5 other teams. Sounds mad, but i'd yearn for that sort of mediocrity right now.

Any back off topic.

bewwwwbbbbbsssss!

Boardeaux playing at the moment, and I'm not there.

:(

Was working late.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Got my stitches out last week, but lip is starting to swell up again. Think its infected... :(

Frisbee wrote: »
    Got my stitches out last week, but lip is starting to swell up again. Think its infected... :(

What happened?

Training two weeks ago and clashed heads with one of the lads.
    16 stitches in my lip and he had to get three in the head.
    My tooth came straight out through my lip and split it about a half inch up my face.
    Pleasant, it was not.

Nice.

Not really. I'll prob never eat soup again though coz couldnt fit anything in my mouth for a week so was stuck sucking soup through a straw...
    On the plus side though I was able to finally see a few Arsenal matches because I didnt have work/match on a Saturday for first time this season :D

• Advertisement

Just back from football - had a bit of a mare. One of those nights where just nothing would go right. :(

Roll on next game.

Just back from football - had a bit of a mare. One of those nights where just nothing would go right. :(

Roll on next game.

No worries Richard.

No worries Richard.
    no ****, I did score an OG. Came back off the post and ricocheted off my knee. Not a happy bunny I was.

Just watched saw 4..... underwhelmed. These films are just gorey for the sake of it at t5his stage, I'm just desensitised to it all. WTF was Donnie thinking!

Just watched saw 4..... underwhelmed. These films are just gorey for the sake of it at t5his stage, I'm just desensitised to it all. WTF was Donnie thinking!

Alreet mate.

Aye, they've all been cack since 1, but my god 1 was savage. Never saw (no pun) that ending coming. TBF, the best horrors are the one where you don't see much or anything even, where it is all left for your imagination to fill in the blanks. Nothing scarier than the unknown and unpredictable. Gore and splatter get very predictable about 20 mins into a movie.

Did ya sock it to the boss? :pac:

Alreet mate.

Aye, they've all been cack since 1, but my god 1 was savage. Never saw (no pun) that ending coming. TBF, the best horrors are the one where you don't see much or anything even, where it is all left for your imagination to fill in the blanks. Nothing scarier than the unknown and unpredictable. Gore and splatter get very predictable about 20 mins into a movie.

Did ya sock it to the boss? :pac:

Yea man, thats why those japanese/korean adaptations scare the fook outta me! the "possessed"angle is btter IMO! For example the film mirrors with Keifer sutherland was goin so well, but it fell apart towards the end. But the gorefests are more "how badly can we make the audience squirm" but tbh Im getting to the uncomfortable stage that i just end up laughing at them (which makes me look like a psycho)

Its like jeepers creepers.....1st 20 mins was savage (the unknown) followed by absolute nonsense as they tried to show this demon with wings and sh1t.

The Thing...... now thats a proper horror movie even after all this time. introduced it to a few mates recently and they loved it! Classic!

Yea I have a review in a month. He wants to see a big change in attitude from me in the meantime so no OT days for me for the time being I'm afraid. Still tho, I'm not sacked just yet so things are lookin ok.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Is a good time not to be sacked atm.

Its like jeepers creepers.....1st 20 mins was savage (the unknown) followed by absolute nonsense as they tried to show this demon with wings and sh1t.

I've this conversation many a time. The first 30 mins of that movie were class. I remember watching it in the cinema and I was bricking it when you're man went down into that basement. Then when you see the yoke, it was lame to the extreme. Some crazy old toothless dude would have been much more effective.
    Yea I have a review in a month. He wants to see a big change in attitude from me in the meantime so no OT days for me for the time being I'm afraid. Still tho, I'm not sacked just yet so things are lookin ok.

Good stuff. Guess you'll have to watch your back for a month or so, but at least you know it's in your own hands. Was it a dressing down, or more of a pep talk?

NO 11am OT though, that is the ghey.

Is a good time not to be sacked atm.

Fúckin tell me about it. One of the most anxiety ridden weekends i've had waitin for that tbh. Was sh1ttin it that he was gonna push me if I didnt jump (he wanted to). Not a good time to be losing the aul job. Finger will be well and truly gotten out. I'm not out of the woods yet, the review is in a month so gotta show a marked improvement.

• Advertisement

I've this conversation many a time. The first 30 mins of that movie were class. I remember watching it in the cinema and I was bricking it when you're man went down into that basement. Then when you see the yoke, it was lame to the extreme. Some crazy old toothless dude would have been much more effective.

yea man, big time. Hostel, Cabin Fever, the Saw series and a good few others.....they're more disgusting than gorey tbh.

The grudge scared the sh1t outta me! And 30 days of night I thought was deadly....... I do like the ol vampire theme though!

Good stuff. Guess you'll have to watch your back for a month or so, but at least you know it's in your own hands. Was it a dressing down, or more of a pep talk?

NO 11am OT though, that is the ghey.

Yea for now im M.I.A for daytime Ot'ing. Ill stop in on lunchtime etc but I'm not gonna be an idiot....a review is a review...it means if I'm not pullin my weight I'm gonzo so will be keepin it real.

I could tell he was hopin Id quit! Ive to pay up the course fees etc myself so thats another 2 grand...fúck it anyway. I dont have it so while its a good time not be sacked its not a good time to be borrowing :(

Yea for now im M.I.A for daytime Ot'ing. Ill stop in on lunchtime etc but I'm not gonna be an idiot....a review is a review...it means if I'm not pullin my weight I'm gonzo so will be keepin it real.

I could tell he was hopin Id quit! Ive to pay up the course fees etc myself so thats another 2 grand...fúck it anyway. I dont have it so while its a good time not be sacked its not a good time to be borrowing :(

Ah yeah, you gotta do what ya gotta do, don't give them any excuses. I'll do my best not to lure you in with epic daytime bewb pics as if GY would let me.

€2000, that's harsh. Had they originally agreed to pay them. If so, that's kinda pulling the rug out from under ya.

€2000, that's harsh. Had they originally agreed to pay them. If so, that's kinda pulling the rug out from under ya.

No they just politey informed me that I'm on my own this year. They pay again next year WHEN I pass. They'll make this year difficult but I'm far to chilled out to let these baxtards worry me for a whole year!!

Right i'm off to bed, slept terribly last night so gotta make up for it with a solid 6 hours! :pac:

Night all

Anyone in?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

nope.

Anyone in what?

Hi folks

• Advertisement

What up.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Hello people.

Its getting cold.

I think a breakfast roll is on the cards.

I think a breakfast roll is on the cards.

I have Tuna and Mayo sambos, with Chili Brie on them.

Packet of Salt 'n' Vinegar with them I reckon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

I should get out of bed soon.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement