Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Off Topic Thread & Off Topic Thread II - Collectors Edition Bumper Pack

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

Coat was dragged out and dusted off last night. Also had to scrape frost off the car this morning.

The worst is that in the 25 winters I've had here I'm still not used to it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

Des wrote: »
    I have Tuna and Mayo sambos, with Chili Brie on them.

That doesn't sound very 'Lock like. Shouldn't you be eating curry sauce sambos?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

That doesn't sound very 'Lock like. Shouldn't you be eating curry sauce sambos?

I live in The Hilton Hotel my good man.

I'm from The 'Lock, but I've moved on to better things.

I'm from The 'Lock, but I've moved on to better things.

Sellout!

Sellout!

Wtf would you know about it, you're from 'Torf.

Wtf would you know about it, you're from 'Torf.

Still am. I'm staying true to my roots :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

you're both peasants.

now, let that be the end of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,908 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Dub13 wrote: »
    Its getting cold.

No it's not! :p

yes massa.

How are things up on the hill anyway?

If I stand on my roof garden I can see in your window.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Another day of aimlessly looking for a job around Cork I suppose :(

• Advertisement

Mr Alan wrote: »
    you're both peasants.

now, let that be the end of it.

20i6jco.gif

Oooiiiiii!

Kold wrote: »
    Another day of aimlessly looking for a job around Cork I suppose :(

You could become a translator, you seem to have decent enough english

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Do you mean the one on the Malahide road..?I know a few girls who live in that Apt complex.

Do you mean the one on the Malahide road..?I know a few girls who live in that Apt complex.

Aye, that's the one.

I don't know any of my neighbours. :(

I keep looking for gaps the coming weekends of times when I can save a bit of money and limit my social activities to FIFA or something - all I see are reasons why I'll be out drinkin and the woman's birthday is in two weeks which means not only money but thinking of a present.

I suck at present-thinking-of.

Aye, that's the one.

Without being a nosey cnut, what's the rent like on one of those places Des?

Without being a nosey cnut, what's the rent like on one of those places Des?

Stop being a nosey cúnt.

Aye, that's the one.

They are all hot.

You are only a stones though from me.I only found out about that new Bank of Ireland there last week,I have been going to Raheny or Killester like a big tick.

It's gone very quiet in here.

I'm bored.

• Advertisement

They are all hot.
    Have you been round?
    You are only a stones though from me.I only found out about that new Bank of Ireland there last week,I have been going to Raheny or Killester like a big tick.
    You big thick :D

Ah, it's only open a couple of months. Which reminds me, I must pop in in the morning, something to collect.

I'm considering going back to college - need ideas for which course to do - was thinking Civil or Mechanical engineering. What do ye think?

UFC has sold out fast it seems. I have not gotten a ticket. :(

Being the MMA mod, you should be able to get sorted.

Stick it in yer sig, and start spamming your forum with posts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭ibh

I'm considering going back to college - need ideas for which course to do - was thinking Civil or Mechanical engineering. What do ye think?

For the love of god no...! Civil is on it's fcuking knees and Mechanical isn't much better. I had to go to Belfast to find work as a Mech Eng. You have to get near top of class to get into the really good companies.
    Environmental Eng is the way forward. Bores me to tears but all people care about now is U-values and carbon footprints.:rolleyes:

Few mates of mine have lost their jobs in recent months as Mechanical Engineers...

Now would be a great time to get into education, if you can afford it. By the time you graduate, the doom and gloom should have been lifted, and you'll be better qualified to get a decent job in what should be a restored market.

I'm sure a few will turn up. I always find that if you head to an event, and wait 20 mins or so after the start time, scalps will be selling at bellow cost price.

• Advertisement

Have you been round?.

Not as much as I would like to have been...:)

You big thick :D

Ah, it's only open a couple of months. Which reminds me, I must pop in in the morning, something to collect.

I have only been in the new spot a few times but it never seems packed,which maybe is because its new.What else is planned for around there..?Its not a bad area to live in,I am down at the roundabout before you go up to Baldoyle.The one thing, the area needs is a few decent pubs.I am hear 7 years an never drink locally.

Not as much as I would like to have been...:)
    :D
    I have only been in the new spot a few times but it never seems packed,which maybe is because its new.
    Yeah, low population = empty bank, which is nice. Beats queueing in Coolock Village anyway.
    What else is planned for around there..?Its not a bad area to live in,I am down at the roundabout before you go up to Baldoyle.
    I don't really know tbh, with the slow down and all. Sure, they've nearly stopped building completely in Belmayne, there WAS a pub planned for in there, I heard.

The apartments in the same block as the BoI have only recently started to have people living in them, nearly two years after my block was filled. (I'm in the block directly behind the hotel.)
    The one thing, the area needs is a few decent pubs.I am hear 7 years an never drink locally.

Er...Campions? I'll meet you for a pint if you want. Campions is a real proper old man's pub. I like it.

The hotel bar is shíte.

Never been in Campions,I may take you up on that offer sometime.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,908 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Nice pub is Campions.

Only ever been there after funerals though.

*APPEAL*

Does anyone have an old phone lying around, which they are never going to use again, which is either unlocked, or an O2 phone, which they would like to donate to Boardeaux.

• Advertisement

Will it predominantly be used for texting? I have a phone but the joystick is a bit iffy making texting a bit of a head-wreck.

Will it predominantly be used for texting? I have a phone but the joystick is a bit iffy making texting a bit of a head-wreck.

It would be for receiving texts only, I text from online.

No problem - yours if you want it. Its a Sony Ericsson w800. Apart from a little bit of a fiddly joystick it works fine. You can use the volume controls on the side to move up and down a text though.

If you get a fully functional one off someone else you'd be best taking that but otherwise you're welcome to my one.

EDIT - just remembered though, as I bought it in Oz I only have an aussie charger spare. Have you a SE charger lying around?

No problem - yours if you want it. Its a Sony Ericsson w800. Apart from a little bit of a fiddly joystick it works fine. You can use the volume controls on the side to move up and down a text though.

If you get a fully functional one off someone else you'd be best taking that but otherwise you're welcome to my one.
    Cool, I'll take that one, cheers.

You in town? Where is good to meet?
    EDIT - just remembered though, as I bought it in Oz I only have an aussie charger spare. Have you a SE charger lying around?
    I have a SE charger.

If anyone else has a fully functioning one though, I'd gladly take it.

:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭ibh

Cool, I'll take that one, cheers.

You in town? Where is good to meet?

I have a SE charger.

If anyone else has a fully functioning one though, I'd gladly take it.

:)

I'll have a look mate. I must warn you though, when i finish with a phone it's not exactly left in showroom condition!! I'll have a look at home, think there's a Nokia 60 something or other with a nice cracked windscreen but fully functional and texts can still be read. Let u know tomorrow if you don't get squared up in the meantime.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Back for the next 50 minutes or so coz I have a fairly boring lecture...

I'm in Dundalk man. I can post it to you if needs be. PM me the address.

Delighted! Just found out that I don’t have to pay that whopper fee. Just exam fees of around €250-300 next March! Fckin A! :pac:

Delighted! Just found out that I don’t have to pay that whopper fee. Just exam fees of around €250-300 next March! Fckin A! :pac:

Mines a Bulmers so.

Mines a Bulmers so.

Bulmers is only nice i find on a warm sunny afternoon, preferably after playing some sport.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

I hate when you're in the middle of having a piss and you feel a sneeze coming on and you can't hold it in long enough to finish the urine extraction so that you sneeze while p!ssing and the sneeze makes you inadvertanly increase the volume of urine that comes out at a greater speed and for a split second, it hurts!

Neil wrote:
    Bulmers is only nice i find on a warm sunny afternoon, preferably after playing some sport.

...or watching some.

...or watching some.

indeed!

If i'm not drinking Jim Beam, Bulmers with a dash of black is my tipple. Can't stand beer, even the smell of it gets me queesy.

Much prefer the English dry ciders though.

Bulmers with a dash of black

Ghey.

Fúcking ghey.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Ghey.

Fúcking ghey.
    You drink Rosé wine! You sir are in no position to be slagging other peoples drinking habits.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭delija_sever029

Feckin head and stomach hurt me so much and i didnt even started drinking and watching football:(

Pighead wrote: »
    You drink Rosé wine! You sir are in no position to be slagging other peoples drinking habits.

What?

When?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

What?

When?
    So you don't deny it then? Case closed. Apologise to charlie and we'll finish this up.
    Cheers

• Advertisement

Pighead wrote: »
    So you don't deny it then? Case closed. Apologise to charlie and we'll finish this up.
    Cheers

Find the proof.

I deny it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement