Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Off Topic Thread & Off Topic Thread II - Collectors Edition Bumper Pack

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

Des wrote: »
    drink, I thought she meant with the rest of the people who worked there.

Stupidly, I declined, and ended up leaving the job a few weeks later. I was doing barman somewhere, and was thinking about my time in Smyth's when it dawned on me. "Dammit, she was asking me out".

Idiot.

Well, your brain power hasnt increased that much in 10 years has it - how many times did i suggest you come and see my brothers band? and how many times did you turn up?:cool:
    My life could have been so much different.

Look at me now :eek:

Yes, you have the most amazing girlfriend in the world :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

how many times did i suggest you come and see my brothers band?
    Before we were going out?

Once
    and how many times did you turn up?:cool:
    Yeah, I didn't go because you said you had a date with another dude that night.

I was hardly going to go to that, was I?

Jaysis.

...:D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Well, your brain power hasnt increased that much in 10 years has it - how many times did i suggest you come and see my brothers band? and how many times did you turn up?:cool:

Well in fairness to Des thats not a great chat up approach you know to include your brother in the situation is not a good start.Woman are so complicated why don't they just come out and say what they mean/want the world would be such a better place for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,908 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

[ghey comment of the day] Nah I have her :pac: :o [/ghey comment of the day]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

hahaha at that car....laughed out loud just there. awfully funny.

me and neil share some things in common...i think breakdancing is good as well. i have a decent level but dont do it for years now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Things are getting a bit too Mills & Boon in here for my liking!

Xavi6 wrote: »
    [ghey comment of the day] Nah I have her :pac: :o [/ghey comment of the day]

Every lad who has a bird ought to come in here now and argue about this! My girlfriend pwns! :D

Ah internets talk, one of my mates said "for the win" in conversation the other night actually. Funny.
    me and neil share some things in common...i think breakdancing is good as well. i have a decent level but dont do it for years now.

LOL. Must be a southide thing! :P In fairness, you can't knock it till u try it, even if u suck at it, it's fun.

I'm not exactly built for it being 6"3 and around 16 stone but I'm deceptively agile! :pac:

Before we were going out?

Once

Yeah, I didn't go because you said you had a date with another dude that night.

I was hardly going to go to that, was I?

Jaysis.

...:D

i suggested it a number of times and asked you out directly once.

i took the other bloke cause you said no and anyway, you didnt know i was going with the other bloke until the next day :P:P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

FS, tried calling Smyths back twice and they've put me through to Customer Services who don't pick up. Wait for them to try calling me again or irritate them by spamming the phonelines?

• Advertisement

Kold wrote: »
    FS, tried calling Smyths back twice and they've put me through to Customer Services who don't pick up. Wait for them to try calling me again or irritate them by spamming the phonelines?

Customer Services? wtf?

You aren't a customer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Just march down to the store, get on the store intercom and say "right, where's me f**king job??!!"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Customer Services? wtf?

You aren't a customer.

Doesn't really matter since no one is talking to me. :(

Think I'll walk to the dole office today. What would I need apart from PPS no? Do they just give me a bunch of forms?

Doesn't really matter since no one is talking to me. :(

Think I'll walk to the dole office today. What would I need apart from PPS no? Do they just give me a bunch of forms?

P45 from your last place will be needed. Or RP50 if you were made redundant.

Bank details so they can pay you.

Proof of address.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

P45 from your last place will be needed. Or RP50 if you were made redundant.

Bank details so they can pay you.

Proof of address.

And the soundtrack from The Commitments.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭Im_No_Superman

Went to the dole office myself today, was queing for nearly 2 hours! :eek:

You need P45, proof of ID (passport/birth cert). I need to get a letter from my college too saying Im finished. Its going to take up to 6 weeks to come through such is the back log.

Dont need bank details now Des as you have to go collect it in person from your local post office each week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,071 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Kold, I needed 2 forms of id, Passport and Drivers license. That set me back a few days as only had drivers license when i went in first. I did need to fill out my bank details alright, as well as declaring any stocks/investments you have. Its painless enough anyway, though a bit odd to be sitting down trying to have a conversation with someone through a big sheet of plexyglass...

Got a call there for a second interview on friday for that tech support job. \o/

Quick question lads, how much would you reckon it would cost for a taxi from Cabinteely to the city center, late at night when there is no traffic?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭DeadSkin

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    Kold, I needed 2 forms of id, Passport and Drivers license. That set me back a few days as only had drivers license when i went in first. I did need to fill out my bank details alright, as well as declaring any stocks/investments you have. Its painless enough anyway, though a bit odd to be sitting down trying to have a conversation with someone through a big sheet of plexyglass...

Got a call there for a second interview on friday for that tech support job. \o/

Good luck with that dude. Hate second interviews, well hate the wait afterwards.

~Rebel~ wrote: »

As long as you don't drop a racial joke, i'd say it's yours.

I think I'm going to cry.

:(:(:(:(:(

That fella really hurt my feelings.

• Advertisement

I think I'm going to cry.

:(:(:(:(:(

That fella really hurt my feelings.

What's this then?

We can get a baying mob sorted pronto.

I may have to join your cronies Des

What's this then?

We can get a baying mob sorted pronto.

post #72 in the gah thread
    Xavi6 wrote: »
    I may have to join your cronies Des
    YAY \o/

Do it.

In

de49adfbd82cf3544b3e7c89a2550f86.jpg

Just noticed it Des.

Ooohh its ooonnn!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Whats the benefit of being one of your cronies?
    Protection? Love?

Frisbee wrote: »
    Whats the benefit of being one of your cronies?
    Protection? Love?
    Yes.

Plus much, much more.

"biko" was one of the recent viewers of my profile.....who's been rattin me out to sigpo!?

Quick question lads, how much would you reckon it would cost for a taxi from Cabinteely to the city center, late at night when there is no traffic?

No more than €12-€15 if there's NO traffic.

Plus much, much more.

Hmmmm, Im intrigued now...

• Advertisement

Frisbee wrote: »
    Hmmmm, Im intrigued now...

He will send you a personally autographed photograph of himself wearing a pink bathrobe......if you request it.

He will send you a personally autographed photograph of himself wearing a pink bathrobe......if you request it.

Requested

"biko" was one of the recent viewers of my profile.....who's been rattin me out to sigpo!?

Hate those *****!

Seriously, one of the most unattractive and unnecessary features of Boards. Reminds me of the licks back in primary school.

If you're reading this Sigpo,

middlefinger.jpg

Anyone catch the new episode of Entourage? Absolutely quality stuff. I think it may just have over-taken The Sporanos as my favourite show of all time.

Edit: Jaysis Des, what are you doing hanging round with the sig pigs!?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

Charlie,
    Ari's predicament = sad face. I really hate Vince sometimes.

eZe^ wrote: »
    Charlie, Ari's predicament = sad face. I really hate Vince sometimes.

Better wrap that suff in Spoiler tags eZe, just in case anyone is having a look in.
    I loved that whole scene. Perfect song, the lighting, everything. Piven is class actor. It certainly sets up some interesting stuff.
    Loved the scene in the office when everyone wanted a piece of Ari's time. I thought he was gonna explode at someone!
    Brilliant stuff when he told Lloyd that the only thing he is hiding from him is his cock and his ass hole. Proper LOL stuff!
    I can't help but start to get annoyed at this stage at the amount of killer paychecks Vince keeps on fcuking up. The Sweet 16, Benji, and now that modeling gig. Has no one told him the recession is coming!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

Yay its Friday!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭delija_sever029

It is?:confused:

It is?:confused:

Well no, but I'm not working tomorrow so I have that Friday feeling. Four day weekend!!!!

Well no, but I'm not working tomorrow so I have that Friday feeling. Four day weekend!!!!

:pac:

Good for ya,any plans?

• Advertisement

Good for ya,any plans?

Nothing major. I haven't a day off (outside of weekends etc) since Feb so I plan on sitting on my ass or in bed tomorrow and doing nothing.

Nothing major. I haven't a day off (outside of weekends etc) since Feb so I plan on sitting on my ass or in bed tomorrow and doing nothing.

Buy beers and watch football unlimited than:)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

Lord God the heating in the office here has finally been put on after the 'summer'. It has two settings - 'off' and 'on' meaning we've gone from slightly chilly the last few weeks to eye-scratchingly searing and that is it now until the spring.

Hateful - of course all the girls are wearing jackets still and pissing and moaning about the cold.

Bollox tbh.

Hello everyone btw.

Shiverin no more, eh?

Howdy folks.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

Indeed not. And I'm not cut out for the tropical climate that has just suddenly arrived.

The problem is with the fact that we use storage heaters instead of air conditioning - fair enough it stops a flu in sales spreading to ourselves in Tech support but it means you walk into a wall of heat each morning and put up with a really stuffy, airless day.

Sinuses are at me.

You guys are never happy with temperature:D

• Advertisement

Indeed not. And I'm not cut out for the tropical climate that has just suddenly arrived.

An excuse to wear shorts to work. Embrace it with open arms

afternoon, all

i am sitting at my desk in a short sleeved shirt melting in the heat. the foreign people wont let us use the air con

Braddock goes again today in the 4.40 at Brighton and is fully expected to win

cant remember who gave us the tip for him last week, but any advice? hmm may be i should take over to the horse racing forum

Buy beers and watch football unlimited than:)

Already a crate at home. :)

Already a crate at home. :)

That was qucik,whats gonna happen till sunday :pac:

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement