Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Off Topic Thread & Off Topic Thread II - Collectors Edition Bumper Pack

Comments

Nothing major. I haven't a day off (outside of weekends etc) since Feb so I plan on sitting on my ass or in bed tomorrow and doing nothing.

Build up the muscles in your right hand tbh.

Hateful - of course all the girls are wearing jackets still and pissing and moaning about the cold.

LOL we've talked about this before. you open a window and get "the look" :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭delija_sever029

Build up the muscles in your right hand tbh.

Didnt know he is lefthanded,but durty anyways:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

Derby day on Saturday, followed by a night on the rip hopefully on Saturday. Bring on the weekend!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

LOL we've talked about this before. you open a window and get "the look" :mad:

Naturally it's also a fact that most of the moaniest women were put sat beside the windows - why don't they bury the moaney ones beside the radiators and let men with a 'jolly' build like me nearer the windows.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭Im_No_Superman

And we're back!! :)

Who broke it this time lads?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Thank jaysis.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭Im_No_Superman

Who broke it this time lads?
    The recession. :pac:

Are all again here

*counting*

hope noone died from heart attack caused with misssing boards crisis

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Phew. Any longer and the withdrawels would've kicked in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭DeadSkin

Braddock goes again today in the 4.40 at Brighton and is fully expected to win

cant remember who gave us the tip for him last week, but any advice? hmm may be i should take over to the horse racing forum

Finished outside the places.

Just got pissed on by he rain after ducking out for a packet of Monster Munch. :mad:

Just got pissed on by he rain after ducking out for a packet of Monster Munch. :mad:

just the "he" rain was it.

Like most females, even the "she" rain avoids our boy Charles.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭DeadSkin

Johnny Onion Rings > Monster Munch

Des wrote: »
    just the "he" rain was it.

Like most females, even the "she" rain avoids our boy Charles.

Nicely done.

I'm not gonna bother even editing it. Well played Desmond.

This isn't over yet!

DeadSkin wrote: »
    Johnny Onion Rings > Monster Munch

I likez them as well. Local Esso is running a promo. Monster Munch/Johnny Onion Rings/Waffles/Snax: any 3 packs for a yoyo. Do I daren't walk up with 6 bags next time like a gluttonous bastard?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Ah Monster Munch and waffles... No matter what you drink after them your still left eating them for the rest of the night...

I likez them as well. Local Esso is running a promo. Monster Munch/Johnny Onion Rings/Waffles/Snax: any 3 packs for a yoyo. Do I daren't walk up with 6 bags next time like a gluttonous bastard?

Where is this esso?

I work in east point, so could pass it on my way home.

I finish at 8, so hurry with the answer.

Where is this esso?

I work in east point, so could pass it on my way home.

I finish at 8, so hurry with the answer.

Clontarf Road, right beside the bus garage.

• Advertisement

Evenin girls, how are we this evenin?!

EDIT: sonofamutherfarkingbitch sigpo

Evenin girls, how are we this evenin?!

EDIT: sonofamutherfarkingbitch sigpo

Clontarf Road, right beside the bus garage.

Feck that, I'm goign down the Malahide Rd.

If the person who reported me to sigpo is in here then frankly, you're a benny.

Frankly that thing is like loser club central. I wouldnt mind but my sig wasn't particularly big at all. :mad:

You can see the reports in the sigpo thread in Feedback.

Also, there are some sigs that are bleedin ridiculous, I have to ask one dude who was posting in the beer forum to either get rid, or stop posting.

I even disabled sigs in his posts, it was huge and had a moving video in it.

Really annoying.

As are.

1. moving smilies (f365 I'm looking at you)
    2. Moving avatars
    3. Moving ads.
    4. Sigs that take up a full page, post-size wise
    5. other things that annoy me.

But I agree.

For sigs that are only a few pixels over size, they are petty bastards in Sigpo.

If the person who reported me to sigpo is in here then frankly, you're a benny.

Frankly that thing is like loser club central. I wouldnt mind but my sig wasn't particularly big at all. :mad:

I give you your Benny.

At a quick glance, the ***** seems to spend all day ratting people out in that thread.

• Advertisement

Really annoying.

As are.

2. Moving avatars
    3. Moving ads.

But I agree.

For sigs that are only a few pixels over size, they are petty bastards in Sigpo.

Never!

3.gif

I give you your Benny.

At a quick glance, the ***** seems to spend all day ratting people out in that thread.

Tbh

97610561_923a607ffb.jpg?v=0

Honestly, why bother? Turn off the "display sigs" option ffs.

I've been gotten too before

You can see the reports in the sigpo thread in Feedback.

Also, there are some sigs that are bleedin ridiculous, I have to ask one dude who was posting in the beer forum to either get rid, or stop posting.

I even disabled sigs in his posts, it was huge and had a moving video in it.

Really annoying.

As are.

2. Moving avatars
    3. Moving ads.

But I agree.

My sig was the same as the average around here. pretty sure it was around the same as yours and charlies. maybe cos it was yellow.

i agree with it if, like u say, it takes up half the page. People who just go reporting for the sake of it (won;t name any names ;)) are losers and need lives tbh.

I've said it before, but I liken them to the the kid in your class who always wanted to do the dusters, or give out the milk. These sad acts are wannabe mods, or mods of empty forums, and need to feel they can wield power.

I totally agree with you. Unless a sig is clearly OTT, or obscene, I don't see why these plebs have any power to do a hatchet job on your profile. It's a really slimy and unattractive aspect to boards, and tbf, I am surprised it goes on, as generally, the site is run with alot of common sense.

Think I might drop by and give them a piece of my mind.

• Advertisement

These sad acts are wannabe mods, or mods of empty forums, and need to feel they can wield power.

That's the key part of your post there I think. Some people are just power crazy...

Well a dropped in on their little ratfest love in, and had a pop. I'll probably get a paddlin, but fcuk it, those chaps make me so angry.

God love the people who live beside them.

Giving out to the Sigpo people. Thats a...

Getting a paddlin>>>>>>>>>Aids of the bum>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Being a sigpo snitch

What was your sig actually?
    I cant remember

Just vented on the sig-ho thread. Needless tbh. I have some nice blisters after footy this evening :(

Just vented on the sig-ho thread. Needless tbh. I have some nice blisters after footy this evening :(

Blisters are aids of the feet. I've got a big fcuk off one one my right heel, and it kills when I am walking for more than 5 mins.

I didnt even noticed what was your sig....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

I got sigpo'd once iswell, I've a feeling it will happen soon enough again for some reason. If any of you do it, I swear to god.... :pac:

So how's everyone doing this fine Thursday evening? I've decided not to go to college tomorrow, so I've a lovely nice long weekend.

eZe^ wrote: »
    I got sigpo'd once iswell, I've a feeling it will happen soon enough again for some reason. If any of you do it, I swear to god.... :pac:

You're ok, we don't live in sewers and we're not brown nosers so you're all good!

• Advertisement

eZe^ wrote: »

*reports eZe^'s sig*

You're ok, we don't live in sewers and we're not brown nosers so you're all good!

Then how did they get you???
    Or were you silly enough to post in another forum?

Frisbee wrote: »
    Then how did they get you???
    Or were you silly enough to post in another forum?

I dont think he is hidden if he is posting only in soccer forum,everyone are free to see his profile...

I dont think he is hidden if he is posting only in soccer forum,everyone are free to see his profile...

I can haz sarcasm? :D

Frisbee wrote: »
    I can haz sarcasm? :D

Of course not:cool:

:pac:

*i've been critised too much lately for being too much sarcastic so i am trying to change myself:D

To lighten the mood on a seemingly downcast evening here's some jokes we can all enjoy:

All premier league matches have been called off this weekend due to some un-usual betting patterns, it turns out a £5 bet has been placed on Spurs to win this weekend.

I was playing scrabble today when I realised I had the letters to spell Tottenham Hotspur but was pissed off when i realied it was only worth 2 points

went to white hart lane yesterday, noticed how green and lovely their pitch was so i summoned over the guy who's job it was to look after the pitch and asked him what his secret was, his reply was:

"well i do nothing, just every saturday afternoon we put £17m worth of sh-t over the pitch and it works wonders"

And my personal Favourite:

Osama Bin Laden sent out a new video to prove he was still alive, in it he said SPURS were crap recently.

Britsh intelligence dissmissed it saying: ''That could have been recorded anytime in the last 8 years"

Apologies to any Spurs fans....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,908 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Ah the Sigpo. Shower of cocks. I've been done a couple of times. I wouldn't mind if the **** let you know so you could change it but they just go deletin the whole feckin thing. Tried ranting about it in that thread but they're a protected species.

I had 'Fuck Sigpo' in my sig for a while.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭Eirebear

Are the sig-po actually "employed" (or should that be deployed?) to seek and destroy oversized sigs, or are they just brown-nosing wannabe mods?

Is it not the moderators job to do so anyways?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,908 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

No there is no such thing as an 'official' sigpo, however they are endorsed by the admins.

To be honest I hate moving sigs, flashing banners etc and they are definitely right in that regard.

However some of them take it upon themselves to click someone's sig image, go into 'properties' and check pixel size just to be brown nosing ****.

Whether they are wannabe mods or not I don't know but that's how it has worked out for Biko.......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭Eirebear

Xavi6 wrote: »
    No there is no such thing as an 'official' sigpo, however they are endorsed by the admins.

To be honest I hate moving sigs, flashing banners etc and they are definitely right in that regard.

However some of them take it upon themselves to click someone's sig image, go into 'properties' and check pixel size just to be brown nosing ****.

Whether they are wannabe mods or not I don't know but that's how it has worked out for Biko.......

No i agree that sigs with animations, moving gifs etc are a pain in the ass.

But what kind of boring so 'n' so do you need to be to go around reporting folk for having a sig you dont like?

As i say, leave it to the mods, they do a good job around here so why not trust them!? [/Brown-nosing]

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement