Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Off Topic Thread & Off Topic Thread II - Collectors Edition Bumper Pack

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,908 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Off to the International Rules.

Hope there's some batins! :D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Morrning folks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Off to the International Rules.

Hope there's some batins! :D

I hope Australia batter the shít out of the gah heads.

Pity there's no Bazza Hall to do some damage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Emm......well i'm up for Ireland!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

Des wrote: »
    I hope Australia batter the shít out of the gah heads.

Pity there's no Bazza Hall to do some damage.
    Out of interest - do you support any irish national team?

• Advertisement

Out of interest - do you support any irish national team?

Let's see.

football, nope.

gah, nope.

rugger, I hate the sport in general, so the internationals are a big load of meh for me anyway. I couldn't pretend to like the game, or get excited about the results. I hate people like that, so I could never become one of them. Also, I think the majority of rugger players are posh cúnts.

I do like Cricket, and got into it in a big way when I lived in Australia, so I'd support the Irish team in that. I've been to Clontarf to support them. (heh, I sound like a World Cup bandwagoner here, but I swear, I'm not, I actually like the sport).

Boxing, my Dad boxed for Ireland, very nearly in the Olympics, so I'd support any Irish lads in that. But I hate the way it gets a bigger percentage of Olé-Olé-ers than the football tbh. Too many Keltic Skobes at the big fights, so I don't bother going.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

Morning lads 5.gif

I see those ***** over at the Sigpo thread are towing the party line.

Too many Keltic Skobes at the big fights, so I don't bother going.

Aye, the Bernard Dunne brigade.

As a fellow Griffith man, Xavi can attest to this, but your spot on Desmond. The national arena was parked right beside our college, and the place was full of these pikes.

Xavi, did you ever see the dodgy fcuker who used to run the old bar in the arena? Chap with a mullet.

Xavi, did you ever see the dodgy fcuker who used to run the old bar in the arena? Chap with a mullet.

Xavi is in the Subiaco Oval, at the match.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

morning all,

just dropped in for a quick natter before i spend the next two hours q'ing in the joke shop for green face paint.

my poor friend q'ed for half an hour last night and didnt even make it in the door of the shop!!!

so fingers crossed they have some left

• Advertisement

morning all,

just dropped in for a quick natter before i spend the next two hours q'ing in the joke shop for green face paint.

my poor friend q'ed for half an hour last night and didnt even make it in the door of the shop!!!

so fingers crossed they have some left

That's fcuking madness.

I generally love Christmas, and can't understand people who grinch on it, but when it comes to Halloween, I can't stand the fcuker. It was great when you were aged between 5-11 (and the again at about 14-16 when you'd go on the nack). But for anyone over 18, it's an absolute swizz.

Ooohhhh, lets go to a quirky fancy dress party in Coppers, what's that, you're dressed as a priest, oh and you're dressed a as a doctor, how fcuking original! :mad: [/rant]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,071 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Im gonna be a viking...

Second interview went well, will hear on Tuesday if i have it or not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Cant really think of anything to go as so either wear the scrubs I whipped from work a few years ago or throw on some boardies and a surf t-shirt and be a 'surfer'....

ya i used scrubs a few years ago, smeared them with red paint and wore a dust-face mask and latex gloves, also smeared red and just went around with mad eyes, carrying a fork and spoon (again also smeared red). Feel free to rob that idea!

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    ya i used scrubs a few years ago, smeared them with red paint and wore a dust-face mask and latex gloves, also smeared red and just went around with mad eyes, carrying a fork and spoon (again also smeared red). Feel free to rob that idea!

What the hell where you supposed to have done??!?!? :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,845 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Taken - great film

that is all

Frisbee wrote: »
    What the hell where you supposed to have done??!?!? :pac:

was going for the whole Mad Psycho Doctor thing, and decided operating on people with a spoon was a more gruesome idea then a knife. Gouging FTW!

True that. I just got up from the computer and saw some of that fake halloween blood stuff beside the telly.
    Then I went into the kitchen and saw a spoon

Scary

True that. I just got up from the computer and saw some of that fake halloween blood stuff beside the telly.
    Then I went into the kitchen and saw a spoon

Scary

meant to be!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

That's fcuking madness.

I generally love Christmas, and can't understand people who grinch on it, but when it comes to Halloween, I can't stand the fcuker. It was great when you were aged between 5-11 (and the again at about 14-16 when you'd go on the nack). But for anyone over 18, it's an absolute swizz.

Ooohhhh, lets go to a quirky fancy dress party in Coppers, what's that, you're dressed as a priest, oh and you're dressed a as a doctor, how fcuking original! :mad: [/rant]

well, i love halloween.

I am going as princess fiona:)

• Advertisement

Anyone ideas for a costume? Something i can do myself, don't wanna go and rent a costume!

monkey9 wrote: »
    Anyone ideas for a costume? Something i can do myself, don't wanna go and rent a costume!

Pirate.

Mummy.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

Ghost. 1 sheet, 1 pair of scissors. 'nuff said.

Anyone know where I could get a hockey mask? thinkin of dressin up as a psycho killer or something along those lines.

I dont weanna go for another costume that givers me a flu since Im dyin at the moment of a flu Im hopin to be over it by next friday. Previous flu giving costumes include a gladiator and the hulk.

I will catagorically not be dressing up as The Joker as Id sure there are loads doing so. Maybe dress as batman so you can defeat the joker!

Anyone know where I could get a hockey mask?

Hockey 'R' Us

The Hockey Shop

Hockey Unlimited

They are all on Hockey Street, in the Hockey District

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,305 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

I dont know if this has been posted

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/7683007.stm

Football fan's Rhapsody some guy replaced every lyric in Bohemian Rhapsody with a footballers name

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭ibh

Anyone know where I could get a hockey mask? thinkin of dressin up as a psycho killer or something along those lines.

I dont weanna go for another costume that givers me a flu since Im dyin at the moment of a flu Im hopin to be over it by next friday. Previous flu giving costumes include a gladiator and the hulk.

I will catagorically not be dressing up as The Joker as Id sure there are loads doing so. Maybe dress as batman so you can defeat the joker!

A hockey mask will be quite hard to come by i'd say, cause it's a Goalie mask you need, not just a regular helmet.

http://hockeyireland.com/acatalog/copy_of_Face_Masks.html

The second one there might be help to you? It's a field hockey mask but still psycho killer-able...

http://hockeyireland.com/acatalog/copy_of_Face_Masks.html

The second one there might be help to you? It's a field hockey mask but still psycho killer-able...

It's forty quid though. :eek:

• Advertisement

It's forty quid though. :eek:

Yeah I suppose for a costume it's a bit steep.
    For the amount of times its saved mine or someone's elses teeth though, forty quid is a very reasonable price...

Yeah I suppose for a costume it's a bit steep.
    For the amount of times its saved mine or someone's elses teeth though, forty quid is a very reasonable price...

You play field hockey?

ghey.

You play field hockey?

ghey.

Ah the response of the generic 'guy'

When you have a rock hard ball coming at you from 10-15 yards away at like 70mph you can talk about how ghey it is

Hockey 'R' Us

The Hockey Shop

Hockey Unlimited

U really hockeyed that joke!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭Eirebear

You play field hockey?

ghey.

Tell you what dude, i always thought that too.

A year or so back i turned on the telly and Scotland were playing England (mens) at hockey.
    My word these guys were going at it something else, i couldnt believe it when the end came and i realised i had been glued to the screen for an hour.

Scotland won too :D

Eirebear wrote: »
    Scotland won too :D

Well, once the sassanechs lost, it's all good, I suppose.

:D:D:pac:

• Advertisement

Hockey 'R' Us

The Hockey Shop

Hockey Unlimited

Oh yeah, the Hockey District!

When you have a rock hard ball coming at you from 10-15 yards away at like 70mph

Still sounds ghey!!

Just in from the International Rules. Great night etc etc but check out this vid I got after the game. Never tell a group of GAA heads they can't run onto a pitch!

The whole thing went on for about 15 minutes in torrential rain!

BANK HOLLIER!

GET IN!

Sigpo are STILL a pack of gheys!

• Advertisement

Just in from the International Rules. Great night etc etc but check out this vid I got after the game. Never tell a group of GAA heads they can't run onto a pitch!

The whole thing went on for about 15 minutes in torrential rain!

Looks like some craic!! Great result :P Havent seen it yet as I was in work but lookin forward to watchin it later.

Great result

We'll destroy them dirty gah heads in the next match.

Amateurs beating pros..... oh he embarrassment!! :P

I just got sigpowned. Got a straight red!! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭Im_No_Superman

Ya big rebel! :pac:

Sigpo :rolleyes: tbh

Heading to Limerick with the missus for the weekend, anyone know any good pubs/restaurants in the city?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭ITT-Pat

Getting a paddlin>>>>>>>>>Aids of the bum>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Being a sigpo snitch
    not being a sigpo snitch>>>being a sigpo snitch

imo

huh, didn't know you were an aussie.

Was an enjoyable enough game, but was the Aussie team anywhere near the strongest they could have put out? heard something on the radio about it being picked on the basis of fair play...which sounds a bit ghey...

Ireland need to do seriously better with 'overs', was a bit of a joke only scoring 6 points.

Didn't think mods got infractions. Are you banned from the forum?

Stick your sig back up and see how long it takes for them to report it again. That's what I did with my old one.

Didn't think mods got infractions.

From SMods and Admin they can.

Not CMod though.

Just saw that. Can't see what you've done to warrant it tbf, considering I didn't get one. Now I want one :(

Lol Charlie what did you say that got edited?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement