Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Off Topic Thread & Off Topic Thread II - Collectors Edition Bumper Pack

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

Dub13 wrote: »
    I just made a fool of myself in a medical check up,its not the first time I have done this.

Rarely do people make a fool of themselves in a medical check up, the physician is usually desensitized to all the weird stuff.

However, boardsies aren't ;) What happened?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

My money is on a boner that just refused to stand down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

My money is on a boner that just refused to stand down.

I've always been worried about this happening...

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

GuanYin wrote: »
    Rarely do people make a fool of themselves in a medical check up, the physician is usually desensitized to all the weird stuff.

However, boardsies aren't ;) What happened?

I do it all the time,I am very clumsy I fell into a pond/lake a few weeks ago at a wedding.This one was nothing much just I got a fright when the nurse 'pricked' me for the cholesterol test and let out a what I can only describe as a 'girlyman scream' and jump for added effect and gave the poor nurse a fright.I was not expecting that,I taught she was taking a finger print or something I was not paying attention as I was yapping away to her.The poor girl could not stop laughing.

A few years ago I was doing a medical as part of a job interview,a hearing test was part of this medical.I went into the room were the hearing test was going to be conducted,I was given a set of head phones and told to put them on and make sure they fit.They were grand and I did not bother to taken them off,the chap then said well this is what I taught I heard him say....'sit down there and put your head on the table,I will be back in a min.'

I did think this is a bit weird putting my head on a table,but I have never done a hearing test so maybe this is the norm.What seemed like 20min passed but was probably more like 5 or 10 min,I get a tap on the shoulder and the chap said to me 'its not a good idea to sleep in an interview'.It turns out he told he to 'put your hand on the table' as I would have to tap when I heard anything through the headphones.He got a great laugh out of it when I explained to him that I was not asleep.This it has to be said was not my finest moment in life.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

i just saw an ad for the Wii with Harry and Jamie Redknapp. i feel sick now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,071 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

heh girlyman.

Im not much better, hate needles and hate getting bloods taken.

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    heh girlyman.

Im not much better, hate needles and hate getting bloods taken.

LOL....its not that I hate needles well I don't like them but she caught me by surprise I genuinely taught she was maybe taken a swab of my skin or something.

The cholesterol 'devil machine' as I am now calling it is very deceptive it does not look like it has a needle thing in it,don't let it catch you out lads learn from my mistake and keep your macho image.

Dub13 wrote: »
    The cholesterol 'devil machine' as I am now calling it is very deceptive it does not look like it has a needle thing in it,don't let it catch you out lads learn from my mistake and keep your macho image.

ill keep that in mind, have to do a medical for this new job. Can be all ready for when they prick me to scream "OOOOOHH YEAAAHHH!!!" and reveal a beer can which i crush against my head. That'll show 'em who's boss!

AFAIK, you got an IT support job, am I right?

Why the hell do you need to take a medical for that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭DeadSkin

I reckon medicals are just a way of seeing that the company ain't goin' to hire a psycho that'll turn up in work some day with an AK47 who's whacked out on goofballs.

• Advertisement

So they don't get you on a treadmill, or doing that blowing the bubbles yoke?

BTW, who's been mucking around with the skins, that Halloween one is manky.

AFAIK, you got an IT support job, am I right?

Why the hell do you need to take a medical for that?

bit odd alright, but have to do a medical and drug test.

aye not sure about the skin...it hurts my eyes..

all change = bad.

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    bit odd alright, but have to do a medical and drug test.

aye not sure about the skin...it hurts my eyes..

all change = bad.

Yeah I can understand the drugs test, had to do one myself, or when the run criminal background checks, but a medical FFS! Fine if you're going to be a surgeon or pilot or something like that, but these days it seems a medical is standard for many jobs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭DeadSkin

As far as I know all mutinational companies require medicals.
    Any ones I've had to do over the years never involved any blood taking. Come to think of it, I've never had a blood test.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Smegball

Anybody else change that awful Halloween skin? Sucked major wang imo

Morrning ladies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Happy Hallowe'en Lads.

MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

pumpkin3-720064.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

I hope everyone is dressing up.

I ain't today but have a costume party tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭ibh

I’m going to dress up in army fatigues and hide in the front garden and then scare the sh’t out of any of the kids that come to trick or treat..

No kids came to the house last year for sweets cause I wasn’t home from work till 8, so I got to eat all the sweets that the missus got in for them.

I also had the idea of hiding in a wheelie bin, leaving it beside the front door. I have a brand new one that’s not been used yet so might as well get some real use out of it.
    When I told my bro about that one he reminded me that we used to go round dropping ¼ sticks of dynamite into bins at Halloween so maybe I should be careful with that one.

Buying a car tomorrow so flat broke so no Halloween parties this weekend unfortunately.:(

Edit: Chris Moyles playing Ghostbusters. What a tune..

• Advertisement

Morning lads and lassies.

I don't know if its a piss take, but one of the lads on 365 said he was going to a costume party as the following

2z8p9om.jpg

I know you shouldn't laugh, but I can't help but imagine the look on everyone's faces when he turns up. Classic :D

The parents are off down the country for the weekend, and have left me in charge of doling out the sweets to the trick or treaters. Will I fcuk :D Om nyom nyom nyom

That's an old costume tbh.

It used to be a certain "king" of "pop" instead of the glitterman.

Des wrote: »
    That's an old costume tbh.

It used to be a certain "king" of "pop" instead of the glitterman.

I see.

What do you get when you cross a vampire and a snowman?
    Frostbite...

What is a vampire's favorite sport?
    Casketball...

Why do witches use brooms to fly on?
    Because vacuum cleaners are too heavy...

How do witches keep their hair in place while flying?
    With scare spray...

Do zombies eat popcorn with their fingers?
    No, they eat the fingers separately...

Why don't skeletons ever go out on the town?
    Because they don't have any body to go out with...

Oh Desmond, did you pinch them from last years Christmas crackers?

s_grated-cheese.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Are we able to change the colour back to it's normal settings? Boards is nearly unreadable today!

• Advertisement

monkey9 wrote: »
    Are we able to change the colour back to it's normal settings? Boards is nearly unreadable today!

click on the first menu option at the top "boards.ie"

go to "change styles"

choose your preferred style.

charles mate.

roll back the cavalry in that spurs thread.

The parents are off down the country for the weekend, and have left me in charge of doling out the sweets to the trick or treaters. Will I fcuk :D Om nyom nyom nyom

+1, not a hope of me giving any kids sweets...

Frisbee wrote: »
    +1, not a hope of me giving any kids sweets...

...packet of sweets, and a cheeky smile...

imo

Problem is I cant pretend there's just no-one in the house coz my dog goes mental every time the fecking doorbell rings. And she'll be barking all night with the fireworks. Good thing I'm not going out tonight...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

charles mate.

roll back the cavalry in that spurs thread.

Enjoying that thread, you'd be hard pressed to beat Ronan :D

Afternoon girls, plans for later?!

Ive narrowed the costume down to Clarke Kent, 2 face, a scrubs uniform or eh Alice in Wonderland which was offered to me by a girl I work with!!

Clarke Kent?

What, put on a pair of glasses?

Dudess wrote: »
    Hello!

Had to post because I've been dreaming about footballers all morning/afternoon thanks to a Ladies' Lounge thread on same...

Welcome aboard!

U should stick around, no soccer talk in here, just chatter!

Clarke Kent?

What, put on a pair of glasses?

Suit, shirt with open buttons, superman t-shirt, glasses. Got my hair cut short tho so cant grease it in the style really...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Man I'm excited. Love Halloween. Just finished my costume :D

And.....what is it!?

And.....what is it!?

In the absence of my own photos for now, this!

alien_xenomorph.jpg

In the absence of my own photos for now, this!

alien_xenomorph.jpg

If you dont put a photo up tomo you'll disappoint me massively. Great costume idea!
    Want me to comw with you and through buckets of grease over you all night so you retain that 'just-out-of-the-birthng-pool' look?

Frisbee wrote: »
    If you dont put a photo up tomo you'll disappoint me massively. Great costume idea!
    Want me to comw with you and through buckets of grease over you all night so you retain that 'just-out-of-the-birthng-pool' look?

There'll be photos :D

I would've loved to go to the Boards do tomorrow night, but don't think I could carry all this crap up to Dublin with me!

• Advertisement

If I go out as "Alice in Wonderland" there'll be no pics!! Otherwise, there may be pics!

A good one for people is a gladiator. Did it 2 years ago, good fun!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

If I go out as "Alice in Wonderland" there'll be no pics!! Otherwise, there may be pics!

I was the mad hatter back in our beautiful rendition of Alice in wonderland back in 2nd class. I pimped it. :P

Ash from Evil Dead is a great one, and easy enough to do. Did it a couple of years ago, got a nice reception.

<3 Evil Dead.

You going into town tonight eZe^?

eZe^ wrote: »
    I was the mad hatter back in our beautiful rendition of Alice in wonderland back in 2nd class. I pimped it. :P

Good work! The sillier the better eh!!

Herself is going out tonight as the queen of hearts. You should see the thing she's wearin :eek: Regretting choosing a night out with the lads tonight in hindsight!! :pac:

Herself is going out tonight as the queen of hearts. You should see the thing she's wearin :eek: Regretting choosing a night out with the lads tonight in hindsight!! :pac:

You know the rule lad.

You know the rule lad.

Damn straight.

I'm a lads lad Des. But gf in a short short skirt with a tight top and stockings is not something that happens too often..... I'm allowed regret it! :pac:

Ah there's always the drunken booty call!

Wait...was Des talking about 'Bro's before hoes' or 'Pics or GTFO'?

the second one.

I assumed bros before hoes but now Im not so sure! :pac:

Wwell u can GTFO if u think Im postin pics!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,908 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

I assumed bros before hoes but now Im not so sure! :pac:

Wwell u can GTFO if u think Im postin pics!

I bet she's not even real

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement