Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Off Topic Thread & Off Topic Thread II - Collectors Edition Bumper Pack

Comments

Congrats Des, make your 20000th post a failfest like my 5000th!! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

Congrats Des, make your 20000th post a failfest like my 5000th!! :pac:

It will take some doing to top your shipment of fail.

Woot, have an interview for a job I am actually qualified for and want to pursue, with a company I would love to work for. Only snag is that its a graduate position, so I wouldn't be starting till next Sept. but it would certainly ease the present pain if I knew I had that in the bag.

Good luck charles. graduate contracts are teh ghey believe me, but theyre worth it in the end (I hear, Ill tell u when I get there!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,069 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

DeadSkin wrote: »
    That the place down the lane by the Hairy Lemon?

yup, the very same, though the hairy lemon was bought over and incorporated into the Bróg. Gorby's itself has gone through a few name changes in that time before settling back to the original and best!
    Woot, have an interview for a job I am actually qualified for and want to pursue, with a company I would love to work for. Only snag is that its a graduate position, so I wouldn't be starting till next Sept. but it would certainly ease the present pain if I knew I had that in the bag.

congrats charlie, its been a good week on the OT thread jobwise!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

There's a bar somewhere in Cork called The Shelbourne.

It's the only place I'd drink.

Would u drink only in the bar in the Shelbourne in Dublin Des ya big snob?!

Would u drink only in the bar in the Shelbourne in Dublin Des ya big snob?!

Nope.

Good luck charles. graduate contracts are teh ghey believe me, but theyre worth it in the end (I hear, Ill tell u when I get there!)

Yeah I know, work you hard, and a long road and that, but believe me, it beats the hell out of job hunting 24/7.

The way things are at the minute, I would snatch one of those contracts in a second. I guess to appreciate the sweet, you must first have tasted the sour, and believe me, i've been sucking lemons for too long now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,907 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

i've been sucking lemons for too long now.

Metaphor?

• Advertisement

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Metaphor?

I'm disappointed. I thought the least one of yis would do was quote the text, change lemons for cock, and then say fixed.

I'm disappointed. I thought the least one of yis would do was quote the text, change lemons for cock, and then say fixed.

Surely my use of the word 'metaphor' is sufficient. Unless you're a simpleton and didn't get it.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,069 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Metaphor?

first thing i though of was lemon party...wrong...soo wrong..

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    first thing i though of was lemon party...wrong...soo wrong..

1lemonparty2cup

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

believe me, i've been sucking cock for too long now.

Fixed that for ya

Surely my use of the word 'metaphor' is sufficient. Unless you're a simpleton and didn't get it.....

Heeeeeyyyyyyyyyyy! :mad:

cletus.jpg

• Advertisement

what a great night, this picture still makes me laugh like a ****

funny-pictures-mother-in-law-deer.jpg

Watched that film 'The Happening' last night. Pretty wierd film, doesn't make a whole lot of sense.
    Something about trees not likeing people anymore so realeasing toxins into the air to make us kill ourselves...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Sounds a bit carp.

Frisbee wrote: »
    Watched that film 'The Happening' last night. Pretty wierd film, doesn't make a whole lot of sense.
    Something about trees not likeing people anymore so realeasing toxins into the air to make us kill ourselves...

It's a fucking woeful film. Got it out 2 weeks ago and nearly turned it off half way through. One of the worst I've seen in a long, long time.

Marky Mark should stick to Entourage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Had my first ever encounter with Boardsies last night, met Kold and ~Rebel~. Sound guys. Such a crazy night. And now I have to work :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Hah well I popped my boardsie cherry a while back, get some pics up man! Awesome costumes. I need to find somewhere to watch Spurs - Liverpool tonight, Setanta are a pain at this stage =/

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Kold wrote: »
    Hah well I popped my boardsie cherry a while back, get some pics up man! Awesome costumes. I need to find somewhere to watch Spurs - Liverpool tonight, Setanta are a pain at this stage =/

Irishkop are having a beers in the Woodshed,all are welcome.

Dub13 wrote: »
    Irishkop are having a beers in the Woodshed,all are welcome.

Cark bey, and I already have to watch this with one pool fan (with lovely breasts). Thanks anyway :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭DeadSkin

Hittin' the town tonight \o/. First time in months, forgot what the inside of a pub looks like :o.

Morning lads.

My mother bought far too much Halloween sweets for the trick or treaters, foolish bint. A day on the couch devouring them all, and watching the football, lies ahead. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

A day on the coach devouring them all

You live in a bus? I always knew you were a traveller. :pac:

Mornin'.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Smegball

How was Halloween for everyone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

Ended up painting my friends garden with Hoegaarden at 4 last night. Other than that it was excellent. How about yourself?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Uneventful.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Smegball

Decent enough, have had better nights out but, anybody dress up?

• Advertisement

Good ol' wake'n'bake. Why does Amber Leaf smell so bad?

eZe^ wrote: »
    You live in a bus? I always knew you were a traveller. :pac:

Mornin'.

06.jpg

D'ya lieke daaagggggss!?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,238 ✭✭✭Gelio

So few fireworks
    so few . . .

*sniff*

Kold wrote: »

I don't have any! Yet. I was depending on my friend for photos, I have to get his camera.

Come on people we are staying on topic lets get using the old off topic:D

I hate alcohol, that is all.

I hate alcohol, that is all.

Jaysis, you're not cut yet are ya?

Couldnt go out tonight.... lame.
    Big black tie event next week. If it co-incides with us hammering united 4-0, that would be fan-****ing-tastic

Just stumbled across this in AH.

By god that brought a smile to my face.

• Advertisement

Watching Godzilla here and just caught that they edited the original movie.
    It was made in 1998 but they reference the World Trade Center bombings in 2001.

Crazy

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

I got told tuesday that they've installed a packet sniffer on the network in work. meaning I can't be on boards no more during work. :(

I got told tuesday that they've installed a packet sniffer on the network in work. meaning I can't be on boards no more during work. :(

Cnuts! 2.gif

Mornin' , I love Sundays

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,608 ✭✭✭themont85

Watching Godzilla here and just caught that they edited the original movie.
    It was made in 1998 but they reference the World Trade Center bombings in 2001.

Crazy

Its quite possible they were referring to the 1993 bombings of the WTC-http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_Trade_Center_bombing.

Nice I've just woken up from a solid 16 hours of sleep, was delish but i probably won't do anything this afternoon now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭Im_No_Superman

Afternoon gents. How are we all today? Strange to be getting up on a sunday not hungover, its great! :) Got my graduation on Thursday so decided to stay in and rest up for that plus I bought a PS3 on friday so that has been keeping me entertained! :)

Rented out The Mist last night, cracking film I have to say alot better than I expected.

• Advertisement

Rented out The Mist last night, cracking film I have to say alot better than I expected.

Lame, it was a toss up between that and 'The Happening' for me the other night. Wish I had have gone with 'The Mist'...

The Mist is superb. When I came home from the cinema after seeing it I ordered it straight away, because it had been out ages in the States.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭Im_No_Superman

Lame, it was a toss up between that and 'The Happening' for me the other night. Wish I had have gone with 'The Mist'...
    Oh unlucky, I heard The Happening was an absolute turd of a film.

A big sticker on the cover saying it was now more terrifying than ever on dvd with extra scenes.....Id say the most terrifying thing about it was that it was longer!! :pac:

Yeah It wasnt scary at all. THere was no reason to be in suspense as you knew nothing was ever gonna come out of nowhere and scare the bejapers out of you. And while they were trying to be psychologically scary with what could happen if this was real it turned out to just be an epic fail..

People, the best movie ever: I am legend
    I need say no more

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement