Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Off Topic Thread & Off Topic Thread II - Collectors Edition Bumper Pack

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Dub13 wrote: »
    I am off today heading out to Howth in a while to get some fish,then I have to try and talk MrsDub13 into making it for me.

Love fresh fish.

Nice bit of Ray.

Going fishing or buying fish?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Des wrote: »
    A willy?
    Lollers.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Love fresh fish.

Nice bit of Ray.

I am more a smoked cod man but I like a bit of Ray,not sure what I will get now.
    Going fishing or buying fish?

Buying I could never get into fishing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

I am off today heading out to Howth in a while to get some fish,then I have to try and talk MrsDub13 into making it for me.

Love Howth I do.

Swordfish or Tuna steaks Mr Dub13-you wont regret it.

I am more a smoked cod man but I like a bit of Ray,not sure what I will get now.

Get both!

I bleedin' hate smoked ANYTHING.

Can't stand the taste.

Mr Alan wrote: »
    Love Howth I do.

Ahahaha.

Pity Al isn't at home dub13, you two could have a Liverpool **** Off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

Ahahaha.

Pity Al isn't at home dub13, you two could have a Torres **** Off.

FYP

Pity Al isn't at home dub13, you two could have a Liverpool **** Off.

now THAT sounds like a fun afternoon! :D

• Advertisement

Buying I could never get into fishing.

I'd love to get into something like that. Give me a bitta peace and quiet!

Get both!

I bleedin' hate smoked ANYTHING.

Can't stand the taste.

I don't think I could get both as its going to be an effort to get MrsDub13 to cook one I am sure the other would be gone off before she gets around to cooking it again.

She is giving it the whole I am pregnant and cant cook smelly stuff on till May.Lazy git,she will not even cook me pasta as it 'turns her stomach'.Have you ever heard so much crap,woman really milk this pregnancy stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,907 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Just got a phone call from my gloating cousin who backed the winner of the Melbourne Cup today. Stuck on $20 @ 47/1! Wanker.

I don't think I could get both as its going to be an effort to get MrsDub13 to cook one I am sure the other would be gone off before she gets around to cooking it again.

You not got a freezer.
    she will not even cook me pasta as it 'turns her stomach'.

I effing hate pasta.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

So lads/ladies we have to think of an "off-topic" award for these soccer awards.

So lads/ladies we have to think of an "off-topic" award for these soccer awards.

The "Jimmy Bullard Award" for ball bustin goes to alanmurphy83.

• Advertisement

You not got a freezer.

I effing hate pasta.

I have a huge freezer out in the shed,the neighbors put stuff in its that big.

I only got into pasta a few months ago and I am addicted to it now.

'The Winston Bogarde Award' for doing absolutely nothing all day but still getting paid for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

Hello ladies.

venis_99jul24.jpg

Can' stand Hospitals ether. My mam has been in and out of them for the last few years. Depressing as hell are those places.Two people that were in here room last time she was in, that she got quite close to, are now dead. Both under 40. :(

Link fail charlie.

Lets hope to feck that I dont get kept in too long tomorrow. I'm in bad enough form today as it is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭ibh

I've to go for a blood test tomorrow morning. Been getting real short of breath the last while for no particular reason so now they're gonna draw blood to try find out why. Fckin HATE being anywhere near hospitals. And the OH works in said hospital. Dunno how she sticks it to be honest, hospitals suck the life outta me.

I’m in the same boat as you Neil. Have to get something checked up tomorrow morn. I really should have gone a few weeks ago but I hate any kind of medical appointments. Not in the slightest bit scared of blood / needles etc. Just don’t like the buzz around hospitals. Have only ever seen the doctors a couple of times since I was a baby. On the other hand, the missus has a fcuking season ticket!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

DAR ES SALAAM - Tanzanian albinos are living in terror following 30 murders in the east African nation by people apparently seeking their body parts for witchcraft, according to a campaigner.

The government says most of the killings happened in the last 10 months. The latest three occurred just after a rally held in Dar es Salaam last month to denounce the practice.

"Our biggest fear right now is the fear of living," Zihada Msembo, secretary general of the Tanzania Albino Society, said. "If you leave work at night as an albino, you are unsure of reaching home safely. When you sleep, you are unsure of waking up in one piece.

"We marched, the president [Jakaya Kikwete] received us and we said 'now we can have some peace' and slept soundly that night. Next morning, we hear yet another albino was killed that very night."

The government says most of the murders occurred in western Tanzania. Police have arrested 53 suspects. The killers sell body parts such as arms, legs, hair, skin and genitals, according to police and albino groups.

Those involved in witchcraft, especially in mining and fishing industries, believed these would enrich them, President Kikwete said last month, calling it a "stupid belief".

Local media have reported several incidents of victims left to bleed to death.

"They are cutting us up like chickens," Ms Msembo said, while pointing to a picture on a wall in her cramped office of a limbless body with the skin on its face peeled off from an incident in 2007.

Albinos lack pigment in their eyes, skin or hair, making their life difficult in Tanzania where there is plenty of sunshine and they are more susceptible to skin cancer and sun burns.

Tanzania has more than 200,000 albinos in its 40 million population. Traditionally, midwives were known to kill albino babies, declare them stillborn and bury them secretly. An increased number of deliveries in health centres has helped reduce the murders of albino babies, the government says.

Many other African societies shun albinos and treat them as if they bring misfortune or accuse them of being involved in witchcraft. Three albino murders have occurred in neighbouring Burundi this year. - (Reuters)

ibh wrote: »
    I’m in the same boat as you Neil. Have to get something checked up tomorrow morn. I really should have gone a few weeks ago but I hate any kind of medical appointments. Not in the slightest bit scared of blood / needles etc. Just don’t like the buzz around hospitals. Have only ever seen the doctors a couple of times since I was a baby. On the other hand, the missus has a fcuking season ticket!!

Good luck man.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

Link fail charlie.

The Big Val Bowski and his hoes disagree.

The Big Val Bowski and his hoes disagree.

Fixed link redemption, but it was a fail link first time! I know all about fail links ya see, so u can;t pull the wool over my eyes! :pac:

Well you do have plenty of experience in them I suppose

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

If you were commissioned to make a short avi for a nightclub, would you just charge a lump sum or how much would you charge per hour? I'm thinking about 12 euro an hour but friends have said I should charge more since video editing is a skill.

Kold wrote: »
    If you were commissioned to make a short avi for a nightclub, would you just charge a lump sum or how much would you charge per hour? I'm thinking about 12 euro an hour but friends have said I should charge more since video editing is a skill.
    Charge more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Sun is shining, lunch was had. Just need a sofa to sleep on now.

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Well you do have plenty of experience in them I suppose

Precisely!

Precisely!

I saw a new post in this thread, and opened it.

For this shambles?

Neil, please try to up the quality of your contributions.

• Advertisement

I saw a new post in this thread, and opened it.

For this shambles?

Neil, please try to up the quality of your contributions.

Well actually Dessie, I had made a self depricating joke and Xavi made the same joke, hence the post.

But no probs Des, i'll up the quality to at least your level:
    Charge more.
    :D
    :D
    Meh,
    Nope.

Meh, Nope, oooops! :D:)

Just back from Howth,they had no smoked cod so I just got a bit of Ray.

IMO you ended up better off.

Ray >>>>>>>>>>>> Smoked cod

Do you put it in batter?!

Is it Fillet of ray, or the wings?

Fillet is also called Long Ray, and is lovely.

The wings ain't bad either all the same.
    Do you put it in batter?!

Do not put it near batter.

Roll it in a bit of flour, and whip it on the pan.

Delish.

This message was brought to you by the moderator of the Food & Drink Forums

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

okay, i appear to be have been included the work boys soccer emails and they wont remove me from it, i am getting bombard with emails and about rovers playing in their new ground in tallaght next week.

now obviously, i know shagg all about football, can some tell me something to say back to the emails please

Oh and Mr. Mod of food and drink - any chance of showing off this food knowledge in the RW and maybe cooking me dinner once in a while

Next week?

You aren't going.

Tell them to fúck off with their spam, complain to the manager, and have their Rovers arses fired.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

Next week?

You aren't going.

Tell them to fúck off with their spam, complain to the manager, and have their Rovers arses fired.

i dont want to go, the managers are all in on the football email :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,069 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

i've never tried ray actually, must give it a go after all these positive comments.

Not a big fish fan generally though, although did find monkfish and swordfish very tasty. Must try and get into fish more, healthyness and whatnot.

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    i've never tried ray actually, must give it a go after all these positive comments.
    It's a much more "meaty" fish than Cod or anything like that.

There's a lovely fish, which I've never seen here in Ireland, but is widely available in Australia called Baramundi, fooking delish it is.

Xavi, you tried it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Had a shark steak a few years ago on holidays.
    Not a fan of fish but it was delish

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭DeadSkin

Tuna Steak marinated in some form of chilli oil, 5 mins in the griddle pan, damn tasty.
    Mackerel is mighty fine too.

Not a fan of mackerel, it has to be said

where did you buy it?

+ 1 for shark. It is proper delish!

Ray is defo the meatiest fish. I love it.

I got the wings and cooked it with a bit of flower,it went down well and I will be following it with a few beers soon and watching the CL.

I got it in Wrights,I normally buy in Nickey's.

• Advertisement

nickeys is the better of the two in my opinion.

nice fella too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭DeadSkin

I got the wings and cooked it with a bit of flower,it went down well and I will be following it with a few beers soon and watching the CL.

I got it in Wrights,I normally buy in Nickey's.

Daffodil or Tulip :pac: :p

You went all the way to Howth to go to Wrights?

Fairview ftw.

You went all the way to Howth to go to Wrights?

Fairview ftw.

The oldest kid goes to school in Baldoyle so I went after I collected her they like to see the seal's etc and had a nice little walk.I no longer live in Donnycarney I am in Grange Abbey now which is in donaghmede.

Mr Alan wrote: »
    nickeys is the better of the two in my opinion.

nice fella too.

I agree but I was in Nickeys and they had no Smoked Cod so I walked down to Wrights and they had no cod aswell,I was not walking all the way back up.

On a side note I miss Good Time Charlie's.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement