Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Off Topic Thread & Off Topic Thread II - Collectors Edition Bumper Pack

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Boggles wrote: »
    Barrack just won Pennsylvania

Fantastic! California done yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Frisbee wrote: »
    Fantastic! California done yet?

Won't be for hours.

34 - 103

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,069 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

what channel has the best coverage? CNN still have it at 34-77

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    what channel has the best coverage? CNN still have it at 34-77

I'm watching bbc, which are taking their cues from abc

Cheers Des just found a live Stream.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

Xavi, can you not get digital tv through cable, ala Ntl over here? Satellite ftw indeed, but you can get some pretty good digital cable providers in countries that do it right.

Whats the pron like on that 20meg line Des?

Des wrote: »
    I'm watching bbc, which are taking their cues from abc

most of the reason im watching CNN is for Wolf Blitzer...Best.Name.Ever.

prawns over the internet? What an age we live in!

Bit like you Charles. Over before it starts.

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    most of the reason im watching CNN is for Wolf Blitzer...Best.Name.Ever.

prawns over the internet? What an age we live in!

No way.
    Sterling Mortlock
    Australian Rugby Player.
    When we went interailing a few years back any time someone asked our names someone in our group would be him...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,907 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Xavi, can you not get digital tv through cable, ala Ntl over here? Satellite ftw indeed, but you can get some pretty good digital cable providers in countries that do it right.

Don't think Foxtel offer such a thing. We were basically told our complex is blacklisted at the request of the owners.

I don't watch much tv anyway. I'd just want if for the football.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Looks like Barry has it won.

Bit like you Charles. Over before it starts.

:(

As long as he can win California I reckon. If McCain took California and Texas it would be an entirely different ball game.

Frisbee wrote: »
    As long as he can win California I reckon. If McCain took California and Texas it would be an entirely different ball game.

There'd be more chance of GY allowing me to post pics of pron in here, than John McCain winning California.

103-49

McCain just took Arkansas and Oklahoma. No big surprises there

Just watched Obama's acceptance speech, good stuff, have a good feeling about this one!

McCain was exceptionally gracious in defeat too.

Rugby League World Cup - Ireland 34 - 16 Samoa

The best performance by an Irish team in a long, long time. The passion out of the lads was sensational in a game they were given no hope of winning. They had to do it by 6 points as well. Amazing.

All aboard the bandwagon!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Watching Obama's acceptance now. McCain's concession was good too.

I don't think John McCain was all that bad, certainly wouldn't have been another Bush. For me, the main reason I could never have voted for him is because of Palin. However, if you put the VPs aside, I think its a much closer race.

Sorry John, but America just ain't ready for a VPILF.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Rugby League World Cup - Ireland 34 - 16 Samoa

The best performance by an Irish team in a long, long time. The passion out of the lads was sensational in a game they were given no hope of winning. They had to do it by 6 points as well. Amazing.

All aboard the bandwagon!

Yeah that will be some bandwagon, like the cricket world cup I'd say.

Oh and yeah Obama won which will hopefully be good for America. But if Obama follows through on his promise to give tax breaks to companies creating jobs in America instead of overseas then it might not be the best news for Ireland. How many people here work in US based Multinationals?

Though McCain also promised to cut corporation tax and frequently mentioned Irelands 11% as an example of low corporation tax when comparing to Americas. Which could have been equally bad for Ireland.

McCain himself didn't scare him I don't believe either would have that big an effect on Ireland, or they would both have a similar effect, its your one Palin that scared me.

Though I cant wait to see Obama having a pint of the black stuff down in Offaly with Cowen. That will be hilarious.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Great win for Obama,hope he does well.The US is a great country 7 years after 9/11 they elect a black man who's middle name is Hussein as president.

On a side note Dick Pound is the best name ever.

Dub13 wrote: »
    On a side note Dick Pound is the best name ever.

Not a patch on -

willy_stroker.jpg

Morning girls.

Couldn't stay up and watch the coverage of Barack pwning @ss cos I had to get up at 6.15 and go to the hospital on an empty stomach. Thankfully the girlfriend was workin today and came by and stayed with me until she had to start and by then I was about 4 people off having the test done so the time passed nice and quick.

Delighted Obama got it. McCain is a good guy, Palin is a fckin nut! But i think Obama is more progressive and hopefully a bit more rational in his handling of international affairs than Bush was/is.

So according the the Indo this morning, 1 in 6 Irish people will call in sick after watchin/continuing to watch the US election coverage. So fess up, who's at home now with the "flu"?! Not me anyway :(

So according the the Indo this morning, 1 in 6 Irish people will call in sick after watchin/continuing to watch the US election coverage. So fess up, who's at home now with the "flu"?! Not me anyway :(

I nearly did that.

I nearly did that.

Ah...the nearly man! You should have gone for it Des. Tho midweek sickies aren't as much fun!

Morning girls.

Couldn't stay up and watch the coverage of Barack pwning @ss cos I had to get up at 6.15 and go to the hospital on an empty stomach. Thankfully the girlfriend was workin today and came by and stayed with me until she had to start and by then I was about 4 people off having the test done so the time passed nice and quick.

Delighted Obama got it. McCain is a good guy, Palin is a fckin nut! But i think Obama is more progressive and hopefully a bit more rational in his handling of international affairs than Bush was/is.

I am surprised at what people will go through to watch the election results come in from a country they don't live in. I get that people have an interest in it, as this election will for ever stand out in history, and because of the standing America as a country has in the world. But staying up all night to watch election results which isn't exactly entertaining, instead of just reading the results the next day baffles me.

Also the people who stayed up the watch the debates I mean why? You aren't voting in the election why watch the debates especially live.

I swear some people have a larger interest in American politics then whats going on in their own country.

Maybe RTE need to start bringing "cool" names the "situation room" etc to get people interested.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

I nearly did that.

me to, i am shattered.

That the BBC Coverage was the best

too tired to type

is anyone here a mechanic? or knows about cars? no one is answering me over in the motors forum - probably all phoned in sick

me to, i am shattered.

That the BBC Coverage was the best

too tired to type

is anyone here a mechanic? or knows about cars? no one is answering me over in the motors forum - probably all phoned in sick

A battery is easy to fit, and as far as I know they are all standard. However you could just take the current battery out and bring that to the garage if you are unsure.

Also attempting to take the battery out will give you a feel of how easy/hard it is. Also consult your car manual, or Google replacing car battery + car make.

A battery is easy to fit, and as far as I know they are all standard. However you could just take the current battery out and bring that to the garage if you are unsure.

Also attempting to take the battery out will give you a feel of how easy/hard it is. Also consult your car manual, or Google replacing car battery + car make.

LOl, that wasnt my question - that part has been sorted. i need to know how do i know what battery to buy, does it go by car model or is there serial numbers i need

• Advertisement

LOl, that wasnt my question - that part has been sorted. i need to know how do i know what battery to buy, does it go by car model or is there serial numbers i need

I thought I answered that part.

I thought I answered that part.

ooppss, you did sorry, all this car business is gobbled gook to me

i am going to do a car mainenance course next year :)

Do you think the battery would be heavy, cos i would have to bring it in to work with me on the bus

Yes a car battery is very heavy and no they aren't all standard.

Do you think the battery would be heavy, cos i would have to bring it in to work with me on the bus

:confused:

No you don't.

:confused:

No you don't.

i thought i was meeting you after work on thursday and we were going to get it.

that would mean bring it to work and then walking up to meet you, and get the bus out to your place :confused:

is that not what we agreed?

A car battery weighs around 30 kilos. I wouldn't recommend lugging it around on the bus!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

i thought i was meeting you after work on thursday and we were going to get it.

that would mean bring it to work and then walking up to meet you, and get the bus out to your place :confused:

is that not what we agreed?

Take it to PM you love struck kids...:)

Anyone bought a tux shirt recently? How much they running these days?
    Have to go get one. Haven't worn mine in a few years since the last Debs I was at and goin to a black tie event on Saturday. Unfortunately the shirt I had is covered in god knows what...

Also Woop Obama

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭shane86

I don't think John McCain was all that bad, certainly wouldn't have been another Bush. For me, the main reason I could never have voted for him is because of Palin. However, if you put the VPs aside, I think its a much closer race.

Sorry John, but America just ain't ready for a VPILF.

Agreed entirely.

Apart from the VPILF bit. I wouldnt ride her if you paid me. It is clear from their body language during public appearances that even her own family are terrified of her.

Especially her new son in law :pac: The footage of him being forced to meet McCain and all the rest with a "awww duuude, how did i get into this maaannn" look was like something from a Rob Schneider film.

But yes, to be quite honest if I was a yank I am not sure who I would have voted for if he hadnt brought in Palin. Obama is big on orations but seemingly short on concrete policies.

However, the fact McCain was old enough to die in office, meaning Palin could take power, I would have stuffed the ballot box full of photoshopped Obama papers tbh. But if it was H Clinton v McCain, I would have risked McCain. Hillary is almost as evil and ballbreaking as Sarah.

Barring Obama's death or impeachment Hillary Clinton wont get to threaten the world for at least 8 more years. Those republican idiots better not follow through on their idea to get Palin back again.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,866 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

For some unknown reason boards suddenly works again here woooo, cos tbh I have really missed this place (sad I know) be it Charlie/Xavi respectivley giving the low down on their clubs, the Mr Alan vs The world threads or just general off topic malarky (what a great word) and afterall being a Lurker is teh ghey.

actually speacking of the gae, I think im catching it.... GO EAGLES

Neil a Mod! Estie with a site ban! The Villa thread seemingly not used half as much now! and IB now pink fluffly bunny! whats happened to this place.

Sorry to everyone who has lost their jobs recently hope you have good look in hunting down new ones, im personally trying to get into a nice secure area of employment (Teaching) and have moved over to London for a post grad where i live 5mins from Upton park and where so some unknown reason until this day boards could only be viewed via its URL 89.234.66.107.

so in short... Im Back Baby!

For some unknown reason boards suddenly works again here woooo, cos tbh I have really missed this place (sad I know) be it Charlie/Xavi respectivley giving the low down on their clubs, the Mr Alan vs The world threads or just general off topic malarky (what a great word) and afterall being a Lurker is teh ghey.

actually speacking of the gae, I think im catching it.... GO EAGLES

Neil a Mod! Estie with a site ban! The Villa thread seemingly not used half as much now! and IB now pink fluffly bunny! whats happened to this place.

Sorry to everyone who has lost their jobs recently hope you have good look in hunting down new ones, im personally trying to get into a nice secure area of employment (Teaching) and have moved over to London for a post grad where i live 5mins from Upton park and where so some unknown reason until this day boards could only be viewed via its URL 89.234.66.107.

so in short... Im Back Baby!

Good to see you back around these parts BH. I kinda stopped posting/using the Wrestling forum in the last yr because of the direction it took, so its good to see you in Soccer.

Living beside Upton Park, must meet a few propa nawty boys round that neck of the woods.

• Advertisement

BH my man! Good to have u back amigo! Yea boards changes so quickly u can lose the run of it all very quickly!! Make sure u don't go on another hiatus, god knows what you'll miss!

Looks like BH is after 'The Michael Owen Award' :pac:

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Looks like BH is after 'The Michael Owen Award' :pac:

I'd be more inclined to call it the "Gary Neville Award" seeing as he's come back and is behind the pace cos he doesn't know what's goin on! :pac:

thanks dudes, and yeah you get the odd nasty MOFO (always wanted to name my dog that... c'mere MOFO, sit MOFO) around here but its not as rough as youd imagine even around green street (que someones hobbit joke). really had stopped using the Wrestling forum myself too Charlie as they got really bitchy over there and demand source and ratings to back up anything you say these days... last thing i did there was the draft thread, woulda liked to have done the draft one on Soccer pity i missed it. might have to check out Neils MMA board instead as ive been liking UFC etc a lot more recently... Lesnar next UFC champ!

back just in time for the comical looking soccer awards tho sweet :) and i aint no neville (not just cos a always hated the git for some unknown reason) ive been ashamidly lurking from time to time

really had stopped using the Wrestling forum myself too Charlie as they got really bitchy over there and demand source and ratings to back up anything you say these days... last thing i did there was the draft thread, woulda liked to have done the draft one on Soccer pity i missed it. might have to check out Neils MMA board instead as ive been liking UFC etc a lot more recently... Lesnar next UFC champ!

Well it's likely that the same people (person) who drove you out of the wrestling forum is about the MMA forum so beware! ;) Don't worry though, we don't take kindly to that type of thing around there!! :pac:

But yes, where soccer is the greatest team game in the world, MMA for me is the greatest individual sport!

And Randy Couture > Brock!! :P :pac:

tbh tho, there's only one place to spend your time on boards, and that's here in the OT thread...the thread of threads!

The Thread Of Threadstrademark_symbol.gif

Nice!!!

hey BH, that girl that we made cry at the beers in the merc, was at the halloween beers

i thought i recognised and went up to talk to her and then i realised who she was :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭ibh

ooppss, you did sorry, all this car business is gobbled gook to me

i am going to do a car mainenance course next year :)

The battery that you need depends on a couple of things. Firstly the size / dimensions of the battery cause it has to sit onto a tray. The bonnet also has to be able to close.

Roughly take the height, breadth and length dimensions roughly (inches is easiest way cause it’ll be something like 8x7x8 etc). Then you need to see what the polarity is, do this by looking at the battery front on, and seeing if the positive pole is on the left or right.

If it is a small car then the battery should be manageable for carrying. Batteries for most cars in Ireland wont weigh over 15-18kgs unless you’re cruising in a 6litre or something.
    Don’t forget that battery acid will burn through your clothes so don’t spill it around you!!

If you need to find out what you need to do drop me a pm. Very easy to change. Also try and avoid cheap-ass brazillian / Mexican made batteries cause they don’t last long

Were ya queuin long to get the blood drawn ibh!?

hey BH, that girl that we made cry at the beers in the merc, was at the halloween beers

i thought i recognised and went up to talk to her and then i realised who she was :)

which girl did we make cry (did i do it:confused:) that night went on several more hours for me after i left you guys at the kebab shop so my memory is kinda fuzzy. Hope yourself and dimitri the pimps friend (des) are doing well.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement