Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Off Topic Thread & Off Topic Thread II - Collectors Edition Bumper Pack

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭ibh

This place is turning into a nerd zone. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

ibh wrote: »
    This place is turning into a nerd zone. :D

So's your Face

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭ITT-Pat

i think alan is gonna bust some serious chops when he reads all the nerdlinger posts

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

I love it when people on an internet forum start accusing people of nerdness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    Necronomicon, was just looking at the freakscene site, you and your buddy in all yer glory!

Ha, I was looking earlier as well! Some great ones near the end of the gallery.

Did you have a good night? Seems like we've more than one friend in common, I worked with Nicola as well a couple of years ago.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

ITT-Pat wrote: »
    i think alan is gonna bust some serious chops when he reads all the nerdlinger posts

Coming from a software developer, who finished top of his class in college and has often been accused of being a said nerdlinger* for numerous reasons it would be a tad hypocritical of me.

*I am not a nerd.

Coming from a software developer, who finished top of his class in college and has often been accused of being a said nerdlinger* for numerous reasons it would be a tad hypocritical of me.

*I am not a nerd.
    Nerd.

Nerd.

Once again not a nerd just nerd tendencies.

Once again not a nerd just nerd tendencies.
    nerd

nerd

by the way, does ITT stand for IT Tallaght?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

I have €3.67 in my bank account i dont get paid for another 19 days and des is expecting a big birthday present :(

You don't need cash for a great birthday present,think about it...;)

by the way, does ITT stand for IT Tallaght?
    indeed it does my man

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,069 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Ha, I was looking earlier as well! Some great ones near the end of the gallery.

Did you have a good night? Seems like we've more than one friend in common, I worked with Nicola as well a couple of years ago.

yeah was a good night alright, the free jameson promotion in the quad was a definate bonus too!

aye tis a small world alright. My gf was pissed not to get into any of the website photo's, she was at the bar for the one of the rest of us.

indeed it does my man

Current student or what?

finished two years of accountancy, had to take a year out this year but goin back next sept. you went/go there?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

Nerds.gif

i wish i was a mathemagician....

Mornin laddies,

Poor form this thread slippin to page 2.

finished two years of accountancy, had to take a year out this year but goin back next sept. you went/go there?

I've been doin accountancy a year and I'm losin the will to live! :pac: A few mates of mine went to college there, they did science.

So plans for the weekend dudes? I'm lyin low, think I'm gonna go to Muay-Thai tonight and let off some steam before the weekend starts. Then I'm gonna save myself as much as possible for a big messbox of a session next Friday. Meetin an old friend for pints at some stage, watch the footy, hang out with the lads/herself, possibly throw in a trip to Home Depot...I dunno if I'll have time!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

That's the way it goes with this thread. The calm before the storm :)
    i wish i was a mathemagician....

http://www.ted.com/index.php/talks/arthur_benjamin_does_mathemagic.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭DeadSkin

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    yeah was a good night alright, the free jameson promotion in the quad was a definate bonus too!

Ah the Quad, great pub. Some great memories of that place.
    Used to play some great tunes in there.
    Remember watchin' the Liverpool/Alves final in there, mental night.
    Must get my ass to Cork for a few nights.

• Advertisement

Went there a few years back. 4 years of computing finishing in 2005. Not a bad college at all, apart from the fact I was stuck with the 75 all day.

As for this weekend. Well I plan on a quite night tonight, then tomorrow I have to get the car ready for the NCT as well as actually bringing it to the NCT, and trying to fit the Arsenal v Man Utd match in (Whoops very on-topic). Really wished I had checked out the fixtures before booking the test. The its a mates birthday tomorrow night, so that is pretty much my weekend planned out, apart from Sunday which will be a lazy day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Yo.

Staying in tonight, might have a couple beers or a bottle of vino.

Can't afford to go out for pints, so instead of borrowing money like an idiot, I'll be staying in, like a sensible person.

Working on Sunday, so I'll be staying in on Saturday too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,907 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Quiet one for me as well I think. DVD and some Chinese looks like the way to go. Gonna watch the end of Neighbours first though.

Jesus we're an excitin bunch of lads aren't we. Yes Des, only idiots borrow money! In my case, not so much "isiot" as "alcoholic"! :(

Ah the dreaded NCT, mines not till May so I can relax on that one for another while! :) Insurance and tax are up this month though. :(

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Gonna watch the end of Neighbours first though.
    Nice.

<3 Neighbours

Jesus we're an excitin bunch of lads aren't we.

Recessionary times mon frere, recessionary times.

I can't afford to be in the pub, or out all the time.

So I'm not.

I'll have some money left at the end of the month too.

Des wrote: »
    Recessionary times mon frere, recessionary times.

I can't afford to be in the pub, or out all the time.

So I'm not.

I'll have some money left at the end of the month too.

Join the club. 2 pints with mate over this weekend. Big night out next friday. then keep the rest to pay off the motor tax/buy Christmas presents (that sounds weird but it's gettin closer)

Haven't had a drink in about 3 weeks, and that includes the beers that are sittin in the freeze. Between that and personal training I'm feeling good lately.

Haven't had a drink in about 3 weeks, and that includes the beers that are sittin in the freeze. Between that and personal training I'm feeling good lately.

I regularly give up drinkin for about 5-6 weeks. Last time was for August/September.

When I do that I normally get real into my training and shed a whole load of puddin! Then I get back into sessioning and begin all over again! Vicious circle!

I'm kinda somewhere in the middle at the moment. Training fairly hard but still on the sauce!

Did u consciously give up or has it just not come up lately?!

• Advertisement

Haven't had much of an opportunity really. No major nights out have happened in the last month and I'd never just go to the fridge for a beer while I'm sitting in. I need a reason to drink like.

or has it just not come up lately?!

*snigger*

Have a nice bottle of wine (that was given to me) so that’ll sort out tonight. Have a couple of films that I want to watch. So it’ll be a night in front of the fire for me. Might go for that ‘Burn after Reading’ movie? Any good?? If not it could be a marathon session of Prison Break. I have a sh’tload of episodes to watch in season 3.

Tomorrow will be DIY and listening to Premier League live all day. Have a Gah match tomorrow night but I think I’ll give that a miss tbh. Only been playing recently cause they’re short and my mate’s captain.

Heading to Bath on Sunday for a week of training course in work. Around 100 employees going from all over the world so should be a bit of craic. Got my brief today though and it is quite daunting. I haven’t a fcuking clue how to do the stuff they’re asking for so it’s going to be a week of thinking and banging my head against the wall unfortunately.
    Then down to London on Friday to meet my Sister and possibly go to the Fulham game next Sat if there are cheap tickets going. Maybe go to Upton Pk either.
    Only problem is that I’m broke after buying a car last week and London is not the place to go when broke, especially West London where sis lives.

Haven't had much of an opportunity really. No major nights out have happened in the last month and I'd never just go to the fridge for a beer while I'm sitting in. I need a reason to drink like.

Ah the ol barren period. Hate those.

Dude, nothing like 1 or 2 cold ones from the fridge when watchin a midweek movie. Especially if you've earned it from hard work/training etc. Pint of water after and bed at normal time and ya wouldn't even know you had them!

Des wrote:
    *snigger*

:rolleyes: You're SOOO immature!! :D:pac:

ibh wrote: »
    Have a nice bottle of wine (that was given to me) so that’ll sort out tonight. Have a couple of films that I want to watch. So it’ll be a night in front of the fire for me. Might go for that ‘Burn after Reading’ movie? Any good?? If not it could be a marathon session of Prison Break. I have a sh’tload of episodes to watch in season 3.

Tomorrow will be DIY and listening to Premier League live all day. Have a Gah match tomorrow night but I think I’ll give that a miss tbh. Only been playing recently cause they’re short and my mate’s captain.

Heading to Bath on Sunday for a week of training course in work. Around 100 employees going from all over the world so should be a bit of craic. Got my brief today though and it is quite daunting. I haven’t a fcuking clue how to do the stuff they’re asking for so it’s going to be a week of thinking and banging my head against the wall unfortunately.
    Then down to London on Friday to meet my Sister and possibly go to the Fulham game next Sat if there are cheap tickets going. Maybe go to Upton Pk either.
    Only problem is that I’m broke after buying a car last week and London is not the place to go when broke, especially West London where sis lives.

Bath is meant to be a beautiful town.

London is teh awesome, but it's also awesomely expensive so you'd better stock up on cheap booze!

My brother said "Burn After Reading" is hilarious, and tbh the Coen brothers are always good so I'd take the punt on it. Wanna see that myself actually.

Bloody great thread in AH about Cark people.

And how much I hate them.

Best thread in AH in a long time, imo.

• Advertisement

+1 to that. Makes for great reading.

Reluctant Pints tonight but it is the women's Birthday so I guess I'm obliged. Won't be anything too mad though. I'll roll out of bed at about 11.59 tomorrow and watch United's efforts at the Arse.

Then it'll be xbox and maybe a game of five-a-side until Monday am.

Do grand.

Des wrote: »
    And how much I hate them.

How can you just hate a whole county full of people you don't know? I just, just how?

How can you just hate a whole county full of people you don't know? I just, just how?

Read my comments in that thread, I don't really want to repeat myself.

I did.

But this convo is not for here.

• Advertisement

Des, here's a lonely heart that might interest you!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

Jaysis, my mam has just invited herself to dinner

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭DeadSkin

My tipple for the weekend will be a balance of Lemsip and some hot whiskeys, plenty of the latter.

Jaysis, my mam has just invited herself to dinner

994066The-Family-Guy-Got-MILF-Poste.jpg

Yea I’m looking forward to Bath. Only four or 5 Irish one’s going over and the rest are from all over, so should be good craic. Loads of Septics, so I’d say they’ll all take in the sights, so I’ll tag along with them and try to look less geeky!!
    Famous for it’s Ale apparently so I’ll have to give it a blast. I don’t even know if the Roman bath’s themselves are still operational. Might give them a go as well, as long as there isn’t too much of a homoerotic vibe about the place. Don’t want to be stuck in some sausage fest.

Maybe you should go to Cork and ask that question......:pac:

Maybe you should go to Cork and ask that question......:pac:
    I imagine it's the whole Dub v Cork thing. Most of the reasons people give for hating one or the other can be applied to their own. Pointless tbh.

I imagine it's the whole Dub v Cork thing. Most of the reasons people give for hating one or the other can be applied to their own. Pointless tbh.

Don't even get me started on Louth, tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 742 ✭✭✭Loco

Cork > Dublin

Loco wrote: »
    Cork > Dublin

floppy_fail.jpg

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement