Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Off Topic Thread & Off Topic Thread II - Collectors Edition Bumper Pack

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 686 ✭✭✭corcaighcailin9

Thanks, what a wonderful invention it is :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,907 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Not a Simpsons fan?

Mr. Burns is getting booed at the baseball. "Smithers, are they booing me?". "Eh no sir, they're saying 'Boo-urns', 'Boo-urns'."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Thanks, what a wonderful invention it is :D
    So anyway, we need pics.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 686 ✭✭✭corcaighcailin9

Only watch simpsons occasionally, am addicted to enough crap on tv i really don't have space for any more :D

Not a hope of pics but nice try. I'm going away now to light the fire and have dinner ready for my hardworking bf. Football hooligan at the weekend I might be but domestic godess all week.

Cheerio chaps.

Only watch simpsons occasionally, am addicted to enough crap on tv i really don't have space for any more :D

Not a hope of pics but nice try. I'm going away now to light the fire and have dinner ready for my hardworking bf. Football hooligan at the weekend I might be but domestic godess all week.

Cheerio chaps.

Mr. Alan does NOT work hard.

Not a hope of pics but nice try.
    But I want to get that 20 Euro from Mr. Alan. Gimme your address then for 50.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Calcutta Run. I'm doing it for the poor children of Calcutta!

Who am I kidding? I'm doing it for the big post-run BBQ and to attempt to delay the inevitable heart-attack that I'm going to suffer in my mid-thirties.

Cya there :eek:

BBQ is tasty.

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

KdjaCL wrote: »
    Cya there :eek:

BBQ is tasty.

kdjac
    rofl@ u running 10k :D

After 10 metres you'll be stopping off for a smoke.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

Who's going to see the new Indy movie?

Only like 2 weeks, and damn am I excited.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

I cant wait to see it either-not near as looking forward to it as i am "The Dark Knight" though :)

Good work lads by the way on the above posts!^^^you've excelled yourselves this time :mad:

Yeah, The Dark Knight, can't bleedin wait for it.

Indy looks really old in the posters.

Listening to the Nob Nation podcasts. The anti-liveline. Lol.

Dark Knight looks like it's based on the first batman with Keaton which can only be a good thing.

I hope Indy isn't ruined by cgi.

Sherifu wrote: »
    Dark Knight looks like it's based on the first batman with Keaton which can only be a good thing.
    Well, it has The Joker in it. Best Supervillain ever, and if Heath Ledger ws half as good as Nicholson, then I'll be happy. He looks extremely evil.

It's more of a continuation of the last one I think. Rather than a re-make of the original.

DesF wrote: »
    Well, it has The Joker in it. Best Supervillain ever, and if Heath Ledger ws half as good as Nicholson, then I'll be happy. He looks extremely evil.

It's more of a continuation of the last one I think. Rather than a re-make of the original.
    I was referring to this:

Fan made and not an official Dark Knight trailer but interesting nonetheless.

Yep, can't wait.

Must dig out the DVD of the original soon.

Just seeing Michael Caine there.

Did anyone watch Escape To Victory on Monday?

Truly inspirational.

• Advertisement

Indy looks really old in the posters.

I actually bumped into Harrison Ford a few years ago on an archealogical site in Greece, how cool is that? :cool:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Delos

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Mr Alan wrote: »
    I actually bumped into Harrison Ford a few years ago on an archealogical site in Greece, how cool is that? :cool:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Delos

Okey dokey, Dr. Jones.

i bet you said that to him :D

kdjac

nope, just slurping me drink,a nod of the head and a "hows a goin harrison" :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Not overly excited about Indy but I cannot friggin' wait for The Dark Knight.

If they get Indy right it'll be just as good imo.

• Advertisement

Not even nearly mate

Batman >>>>>>>>>>>> Indiana Jones.

always was.

always will be.

No way Mr. Gigolo.

As big a fan as I was of the original Indy films, I'm not really expecting too much from this. Let sleeping dogs lie and all that. Though I will definitely go see it.

As for the Dark Knight........can't feckin wait!

One of the best things I do over here is Thursday night football training. Not cause of the actual training itself but for the afters. We share a club bar with the local footy team and on Thursday they a hire a 'skimpy'. For those of you who don't know, a skimpy is topless barmaid who will take it all off for a small donation from the players.

Anyway, we've had our fair share of write offs but last night's was an absolute stunner and consequently the place was absolutely jammers! I ROFL'd when she went around asking everyone to support the 'Free The Flaps Foundation'. Hadn't heard that one before! They were, of course, freed.

So just thought I'd share this wonderful tradition we have over here. Certainly wouldn't get that after a session in St. Anne's on cold January night!

P.S. Unfortunately there are no pics as the girls (and the footy players who act as their bodyguards) do not take kindly to that sort of thing. Spoil sports.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,310 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Not even nearly mate

Batman >>>>>>>>>>>> Indiana Jones.

always was.

always will be.

Ah: but Bull Whip or Batarang, sir?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭ibh

Xavi6 wrote: »
    One of the best things I do over here is Thursday night football training. Not cause of the actual training itself but for the afters. We share a club bar with the local footy team and on Thursday they a hire a 'skimpy'. For those of you who don't know, a skimpy is topless barmaid who will take it all off for a small donation from the players.

Anyway, we've had our fair share of write offs but last night's was an absolute stunner and consequently the place was absolutely jammers! I ROFL'd when she went around asking everyone to support the 'Free The Flaps Foundation'. Hadn't heard that one before! They were, of course, freed.

So just thought I'd share this wonderful tradition we have over here. Certainly wouldn't get that after a session in St. Anne's on cold January night!

P.S. Unfortunately there are no pics as the girls (and the footy players who act as their bodyguards) do not take kindly to that sort of thing. Spoil sports.

Ahh, reminds me of the ol T & B on a Thursday night in Charing Cross in Sydney. Can just imagine the sort of ditch-pig that would be involved if it was in Ireland..

For those of you who don't know, a skimpy is topless barmaid who will take it all off for a small donation from the players.
    :eek:

Sweet.

Damn friggin right it's sweet.

Especially when you 'accidentally' drop your money on the ground and she has to bend over to pick it up :D

tut tut tut. animals. pack of animals.

is there such a thing as MrAlanphilia? you seem use most of your posts to talk to me or question me in one way or another? :)

I think I have this condition.

• Advertisement

its allowed with you Betty :)

Chinese for lunch. I couldn't eat a fully grown one though.

jamobon and a kinder maxi on its way into me now :) yyyyuuuuummmm

Feck it, I'm after being eating chocolate, and some dropped onto a white Shels training top I'm wearing.

I didn't notice, and now I have a fooking chocolate stain all down my front.

ffs.

Ha ha disaster. Happens me all the time with my City 3rd shirt. You're stuck with it for the day now too.

Ha ha disaster. Happens me all the time with my City 3rd shirt. You're stuck with it for the day now too.
    Well, I have a spare top with me that I was going to wear to the pub after work, I might sneakily change in the jacks.

Oh excellent thinking Batman. Maybe wait til after lunch though, just in case.

Oh excellent thinking Batman. Maybe wait til after lunch though, just in case.
    :D

Will do, thanks.

buy "Heartbreaker" by Ryan Adams.

Just listening to it now, it really is an amazing album.

• Advertisement

"Buy" music?

wtf?

exactly Des. an IT whiz like you has money to burn. support the artists, and all that :)

Ha buyin music's for losers. I've just 'acquired' the new Death Cab For Cutie album. Likin it a lot.

exactly Des. an IT whiz like you has money to burn. support the artists, and all that :)
    The "artists" and the record companies and the whole industry has been ripping me off for fooking years, thanks very much.

Well, not really, I have a huge amounts of tapes with songs recorded off the radio, and people like Tonnnnnnyyyyy Fennnntonnnnnn, YOU'RE A WINNNNNERRRRRRRR, talking over the start and end of songs.

That bastard ruined many a mixed tape.

when you go to the shop, do you decide how much you wanna pay for something? do you steal it if you feel its to expensive?

I'll get off my high horse now ;)

• Advertisement

when you go to the shop, do you decide how much you wanna pay for something? do you steal it if you feel its to expensive?

I'll get off my high horse now ;)
    I don't go to music shops.

I don't go to music shops.
    i was talking about any shops, and any products :)

support the artists, and all that :)
    ROFPMSL

eBay ftw

Well, me being from Kyew-lock, you know, I sometimes have to steal to make ends meet.

Of course, a man of your not inconsiderable means wouldn't really know anything about that.

A loaf of bread for my family, would you deny me that? Would you?

You monster.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement