Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Off Topic Thread & Off Topic Thread II - Collectors Edition Bumper Pack

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭DeadSkin

Dublin sucks ass. Hate the place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Ah lads, Dublin is unbelievably sh*t alright.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

Des wrote: »
    Don't even get me started on Louth, tbh.
    Haha - this I gotta hear.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭DeadSkin

Dublin's a kip.

There, I said it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Dublin ftw!

Going to a lad from the clubs going away party tonight, he's off to Oz for a year, not drinknig though, have a match tomorrow.
    Then tomo the United/Arsenal game. Play my match. Then going to a black tie event in the Hilton Hotel. (Anyone ever been in there? What's the prices on pints like? Im thinking extortionate... :()
    Then hungover day Sunday, maybe head into town with herself, she wants to go Xmas shopping :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,238 ✭✭✭Gelio

Well people whats the story

Frisbee wrote: »
    she wants to go Xmas shopping :confused:

Slightly too early isnt it?!

Slightly too early isnt it?!

Thats what I said. In return I got a jumble of words about 'exams' 'work' 'no time'
    'only 7 weeks' etc.

Frisbee wrote: »
    Thats what I said. In return I got a jumble of words about 'exams' 'work' 'no time'
    'only 7 weeks' etc.

ONLY 7 weeks!! Hahahaha! :D

Jesus thats loadsa time, I can forget about it for another few weeks so! :pac:

• Advertisement

In fairness these days it's never too early to do your christmas shopping. I was up in Newry last weekend and it was abolutely bunged with southerners going up for their booze. I drove straight through to Belfast.

I can't imagine what it'll be like nearer christmas. I think ye are better off going now. I'll be doing my christmas shopping online over the next few weeks - why leave the house to stand in ****ty shops packed with fúckheads when I can get postie to lavish me with my purchases.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,644 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

I can't imagine what it'll be like nearer christmas. I think ye are better off going now. I'll be doing my christmas shopping online over the next few weeks - why leave the house to stand in ****ty shops packed with fúckheads when I can get postie to lavish me with my purchases.

:D Brilliant!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

i have most of my chrimbo shopping done. Just have to get something for grannies and two friends woo hoo \ 0 /

i have most of my chrimbo shopping done. Just have to get something for grannies and two friends woo hoo \ 0 /

Very organised. I've bought exactly zero Christmas presents!

I'll categorically not be setting foot anywhere near the sales. Recession or no recession I end up wanting to punch someone in town opn sales day so I'll stay at home and live in a contented state and drink and watch DVDs :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Hold on a min yesterday you only had 3.80 for poor Des birthday present,now you have put the whole family in front of Des....this is not on.You need to get your priority's right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,907 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Just watched 'Forgetting Sarah Marshall'. Not bad at all. Brand was actually tolerable!

As for Mila Kunis.... :eek: She has infiltrated my top 3.

• Advertisement

Dub13 wrote: »
    Hold on a min yesterday you only had 3.80 for poor Des birthday present,now you have put the whole family in front of Des....this is not on.You need to get your priority's right.
    Exactly. Take that 3.80 and buy yourself something nice to really drive it home.

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Just watched 'Forgetting Sarah Marshall'. Not bad at all. Brand was actually tolerable!

As for Mila Kunis.... :eek: She has infiltrated my top 3.
    Just think of her as Meg out of Family Guy again and she'll drop back down a few notches.

Just think of her as Meg out of Family Guy again and she'll drop back down a few notches.

No way man. She was just far too hot.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Exactly. Take that 3.80 and buy yourself something nice to really drive it home.

Maybe this is some kind of bluff and she got Des a car or something super like that...:)

Yea she is top notch. I always thought that as ironic casting on Family Guy's behalf to have a scorcher do the voice of Meg.

• Advertisement

Dub13 wrote: »
    Maybe this is some kind of bluff and she got Des a car or something super like that...:)

If des got his finger out and got his drivers licence, i would have no problem buying him a car, so i didnt have to do all the driving.

its okay though, Des's birthday has been saved,i got a refund from the Revenue yesterday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

If des got his finger out and got his drivers licence, i would have no problem buying him a car

:eek::eek::eek::eek:

I am so keeping this quote

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,069 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

PFB, that looks like a written contract with loads of witness's, pretty binding!

I think she infiltrated everyones top 3 who saw that. Unbelievable.

I thought Brand was very funny in it. His character is just so out there that I couldnt stop laughin at him!

"Wake up, we're having sex" - "Ok, but you're going on top, I'm knakcered!"

"How long were you with Sarah?" - "5 years" - "Oh, so you have 4 on me then!"

And best of all "Did you listen to my demo tape?" - "No" - "No?" - "Well you see I was gonna listen to it, but then I put it down on the table and got on with my life" - your mans reaction to that is fckin priceless!

Yeah his reaction was the highlight for me. Swearing blindly at Brand but doing it in a whisper so his boss didn't hear and he didn't get the sack. Hilarious!

Yeah his reaction was the highlight for me. Swearing blindly at Brand but doing it in a whisper so his boss didn't hear and he didn't get the sack. Hilarious!

It's absolutely brilliant that! I missed the next bit of the film cos I was in stitches at that. People give me stick about being easily amused but I could care less, THAT was funny as fcuk!

Xavi, I've been browsing a lot in AH the last few days, I'm finding it very difficult to find a thread you haven't posted in! :pac:

I made a decision many moons ago to stop frequenting the AH forum. It corrupts the soul.

I made a decision many moons ago to stop frequenting the AH forum. It corrupts the soul.

My boss has been out all week so I'm making the absolute most of it! I'll frequent the mustard forum if I get bored enough!

Xavi, I've been browsing a lot in AH the last few days, I'm finding it very difficult to find a thread you haven't posted in! :pac:

That's how little I have to do in work.

Nah man you gotta put your AH hat on and embrace the wonder of it all. It really is a fantastically unique place where absolutely anything gets discussed from the ridiculous to the sublime. If you take everything with a pinch of salt then it's great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

Brand is pretty daycent. Lookup his 2002 interview with a BNP member on youtube. Extracting the urine he does take.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

This JohnGaltin guy... I think he shall provide many lulz to come.

That's how little I have to do in work.

Join the club. Have u little to do or are u just no arsed doing it? Cos Im B right now!

Nah man you gotta put your AH hat on and embrace the wonder of it all. It really is a fantastically unique place where absolutely anything gets discussed from the ridiculous to the sublime. If you take everything with a pinch of salt then it's great.

Plus you can massively boost your postcount with IBTL YORE MA posts!

Join the club. Have u little to do or are u just no arsed doing it? Cos Im B right now!

Very much A. My workload is very comfortable. Basically I bang out a story in 20 mins, browse the web for 40. The story for 20, browse for 40 and so forth. Handy.
    Plus you can massively boost your postcount with IBTL YORE MA posts!

Exactly. That's how I'm pushing 11,000 posts for 2008 alone.

Very much A. My workload is very comfortable. Basically I bang out a story in 20 mins, browse the web for 40. The story for 20, browse for 40 and so forth. Handy.

Hahaha! you're on the same rota as me! Only mines more like browse 20, work 5. Browse 20, work 5! 2 and a half hours to go. Meaning thats 2 hours browsing and a half hour "work"! :pac:

Exactly. That's how I'm pushing 11,000 posts for 2008 alone.

LOL I'm lookin at about 4500 this year Id imagine. Cant believe u only had 1500 odd posts at the start of the year?! Madness!

Can't believe you can't do basic maths! :p

I had 3,000 in December last year, now I'll be pushing 14,000 by the same time this year.

Can't believe you can't do basic maths! :p

I had 3,000 in December last year, now I'll be pushing 14,000 by the same time this year.

LOL I only glanced! Thats pretty impressive!

I used to think college would be the time where I wasted a huge amount of time posting on teh internets (I posted on an MMA website and had something like 6000 posts - almost all of them from the comps in college!) BUT i now realise the beauty of work browsing!

It's all about the office job though. In college I was too busy drinkin or playin Pro Evo with the lads to be arsed spending my days on here but now I'm stuck at my desk for 8 hours a day......

It's all about the office job though. In college I was too busy drinkin or playin Pro Evo with the lads to be arsed spending my days on here but now I'm stuck at my desk for 8 hours a day......

Yea thinkin about it 6000 posts over 3 years isnt that impressive. But at the time I thought it was excessive! Ha!

College for me was all about boozin, trainin, goin away, study dodgin (nothings changed) and skirt chasin!

Now I'm in that "live for the weekend" rut!

Yeah I never actually believed in that phrase until full time employment came up. It's amazing how true it is.

• Advertisement

Can some please explain this to me.

My company are announcing the redundancy package next week.

yet, they have just given everyone in the office new phones.

i offered not to take one, if it meant i could keep my job

Yeah I never actually believed in that phrase until full time employment came up. It's amazing how true it is.

Well I live for my "not working" time. I absolutely love training so i look forward to training on weeknights. But I cant stick drinking and then goin into work hungover anymore so all my fun and (most of ;) my playtime is conducted at weekends so I live for the highs of the weekend tbh!

Problem with it is that a few weekends in a row of "get off work friday - get p1ssed - massive overhang on sat - feel oddly ropey sunday and depressed at having to go back to work" and it puts you off it!

I've decided I despise MS Access. Stupid idea whoever came up with it...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭ibh

Can some please explain this to me.

My company are announcing the redundancy package next week.

yet, they have just given everyone in the office new phones.

i offered not to take one, if it meant i could keep my job

I don’t work in Dublin but from what I hear, there is very little job security at the moment. I think for the first time in years, Garages are starting to let mechanics go. Quite worrying really unless you’re well up the ladder.
    Bit fcuking ridiculous to be handing out phones when they are even considering redundancies. Previously free spending companies will have to start looking at cutting back on the ‘extras’ they provided for free, like coffee for example.

I love it when u can hear the accents in crowds singing!! :pac: Korea!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭shane86

I was watching some UFC cage fighting late night on Setanta.

Christ who the **** goes to see this redneck gypsy "entertainment". It has all the grace and skill of watching two 12 year olds knock the sh1te out of each other in the playground. Two not particularly physically fit men very sloppily knocking the sh1t out of each other is below drunken bar brawling in terms of sporting merit.

The fact that The Sun is the only large media outlet that covers this crap says it all in terms of the crowds the bouts in The Point attract. Someone ban this sport on safety grounds, but with the non spoken reason that the actual reason for banning it is that it is utter sht1 that causes scobes to gather in large numbers.

• Advertisement

shane86 wrote: »
    I was watching some UFC cage fighting late night on Setanta.

Christ who the **** goes to see this redneck gypsy "entertainment". It has all the grace and skill of watching two 12 year olds knock the sh1te out of each other in the playground. Two not particularly physically fit men very sloppily knocking the sh1t out of each other is below drunken bar brawling in terms of sporting merit.

The fact that The Sun is the only large media outlet that covers this crap says it all in terms of the crowds the bouts in The Point attract. Someone ban this sport on safety grounds, but with the non spoken reason that the actual reason for banning it is that it is utter sht1 that causes scobes to gather in large numbers.

903clu.jpg

(Awaits Neil's arrival to rip this post to shreds)

I might not be a UFC aficionado like Neil is, but even I can appreciate the athleticism, passion, and technical ability that many of these fighters possess. To use 'UFC' and 'redneck' in the same sentence is seriously outdated and misinformed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭shane86

903clu.jpg

(Awaits Neil's arrival to rip this post to shreds)

I might not be a UFC aficionado like Neil is, but even I can appreciate the athleticism, passion, and technical ability that many of these fighters possess. To use 'UFC' and 'redneck' in the same sentence is seriously outdated and misinformed.

Sorry, but it is complete and utter sh1t. The gypsy fighting videos display more guts and skill, and that is saying something. Joke of a "sport", followed primarily by the Max Power "readership" (tbh I only remembered watching this bollix from seeing the Big Boys Toys thread on AH). UFC is to boxing what Scooter is to dance music. Technical ability my left nut, as said it is the same sloppy crap we all partook in aged 11 in the playground.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,069 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

903clu.jpg

christ charlie thats a disconcerting picture!

Can just imagine this is what he's watching..
    SnowWhite%20533162.jpg

shane86 wrote: »
    Sorry, but it is complete and utter sh1t. The gypsy fighting videos display more guts and skill, and that is saying something. Joke of a "sport", followed primarily by the Max Power "readership" (tbh I only remembered watching this bollix from seeing the Big Boys Toys thread on AH). UFC is to boxing what Scooter is to dance music. Technical ability my left nut, as said it is the same sloppy crap we all partook in aged 11 in the playground.

Randy_Couture_PDF.jpg

Randy says GTFO!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

You have to respect UFC fighters. They are unbelievable athlete's trained in multiple martial arts and fighting disciplines. I used to look down on UFC as a boxing fan, but I've completely changed my view of it. Boxing for me has lost the personalities, Mayweather was the last guy that I really enjoyed watching. Gone are the days of Lewis, Eubank, Tyson, and Bruno. I can't get into it anymore. UFC seems to be the up and coming sport.

However, I really hate the Irish boxing/ ufc/ muay thai scene down here. I'd like to get involved with some of those disciplines as they seem really interesting and are a good way to stay physically fit, but it seems that around here it's a bunch of traveller c*nts who just want to learn to beat people up. It's a shame really. Maybe I should go to Thailand and become a Muay Boran expert... :pac:

Anyone know Tony Jaa? He is basically a million times better than Jet Li and Jackie Chan put together. He wouldn't be up there with Bruce Lee(the man did defeat Chuck Norris :pac:), but he's definitely the closest actor/ fighter since then. If you ever get the chance watch Ong Bak on sky, quality movie, in some of the fight scenes they actually employed poor Thai people to get beaten up so it would be authentic. You can feel the pain. Here's an unbelievable clip of the man and his devastating knees, elbows and general acrobatics. (also note that none of his stunts involve strings or CGI, all natural)

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement