Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Off Topic Thread & Off Topic Thread II - Collectors Edition Bumper Pack

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

Xavi6 wrote: »

I thought he was site banned. Where did he post that.

God speed Estie.

Edit: Just saw that it came from the clank.

DON'T DROP THE SOAP ESTIE!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,907 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Prison. He's been ranting in there for the past week or so.

This poster on 365 is my hero. Don't worry, it's not .gifs, pron, or sophmoric humour. Its seriously legendary stuff. Have a read of the thread ( tis a bit long, so perhaps read the first two pages, and then the most recent page.)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

He's gonna make things worse for himself, I had several different IP's banned, I even got the whole computer room in Canterbury University banned when I was sitebanned.

WTF 6th posts in here? And Dudess last week!? I wish they'd stick the fúck around though! Bloody blow ins!

Tis a bit baron alreet.

Any craic?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Neil, me and you are no longer speaking.

****ing snoot.

;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

Computer programming = vomit on keyboard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

eZe^ wrote: »
    Computer programming = vomit on keyboard.

+eleventyone11!11!!11

Now now lads, none of this nerdlinger stuff that we had to endure a few days ago.

• Advertisement

Now now lads, none of this nerdlinger stuff that we had to endure a few days ago.

*throws java book at charlie*

'Ave it!

**throws a copy of Hustler at Frisbee**

Oh whats that, the pages were sticky. My bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

stop bickering and check this sheer awesomeness out.

Mr Alan wrote: »
    stop bickering and check this sheer awesomeness out.

TBH, he can't hold a candle to this maestro:

Now that's a chooooon.

**throws a copy of Hustler at Frisbee**

Oh whats that, the pages were sticky. My bad.

6y05pbn.jpg

Touché!

Frisbee wrote: »
    6y05pbn.jpg

Touché!

Best Ben Stiller character, unless anyone else has seen that movie he made in the mid 90's where he is running a fat camp. Equally brilliant.

That would be the one. It's fckuin hilarious. Love Stiller in that one, and the fat black kid, think it was Keenan, of Keenan & Kel fame.

That would be the one. It's fckuin hilarious. Love Stiller in that one, and the fat black kid, think it was Keenan, of Keenan & Kel fame.

Haven't seen it. Will have to look it up

• Advertisement

Tis a bit baron alreet.

Any craic?

I'm not 23 anymore :(

Mr Alan wrote: »
    Neil, me and you are no longer speaking.

****ing snoot.

;)

Now now Al, i did put a disclaimer at the start of that post which cleared me of any repurcussions! We're still cool! :D

I'm not 23 anymore :(

Happy birthday ya oul git

Happy birthday ya oul git

Actually my birthday was yesterday so tis over! I am an oul git though. The ol hip was giving me trouble when i tried to get outta bed this morning! :pac:

Ha ha.

Bet the bird is lovin the limp dick! You might have to do a Pele on it.

Ha ha.

Bet the bird is lovin the limp dick! You might have to do a Pele on it.

I said nothing of le flop! I meant I'm like an old man, brittle body! But touché! I like!

Ever been to Thailand? U can buy that stuff over the counter and use it recreationally! Tis feckin beast! :pac::eek:

Happy Birthday grandad.

What was it, a BJ and bag of Worthers Original from the lover.

• Advertisement

I said nothing of le flop! I meant I'm like an old man, brittle body! But touché! I like!

Ever been to Thailand? U can buy that stuff over the counter and use it recreationally! Tis feckin beast! :pac::eek:

Never been but it's on the 'to do' list. Might have to indulge.....

Happy Birthday grandad.

What was it, a BJ and bag of Worthers Original from the lover.

My folks are away the whole weekend so I get a late birthday pressie apparently! :D Gives me somethin to look forward to!

She did buy me a new game for the PS3 (Pure - the quad biking game - its great fun) which is great as its the first new game Ive got in about 6 months!

When I was younger and saw the video for 'fast car' by Tracy Chapman, I thought it was Keenan. It only enhanced my love for the guy. Then I remember being crushed when my parents told me the truth... :pac:

My folks are away the whole weekend so I get a late birthday pressie apparently! :D Gives me somethin to look forward to!

She did buy me a new game for the PS3 (Pure - the quad biking game - its great fun) which is great as its the first new game Ive got in about 6 months!

Dump her tbh, out of all the games she could have got you. Fallout 3, little big planet, fifa, PES, bioshock, etc and she picks pure?? =P

Never been but it's on the 'to do' list. Might have to indulge.....

Well I'm sure you don't have to travel all the way to Thailand to get the it!! Strongly recommend it, best 8-10 hours you'll ever have! :D

And Thailand is great too:pac:, you should definitely visit! Full Moon Party is deadly but the gem is that the 3-4 days before it are actually better!

You're getting a ride of your auld one when they come back!?! :eek:

Yeah, the aul PS3 is really gathering the dust here. Have about 3 or 4 games I have never even played, and there are 3 or 4 (LittleBigPlanet, Motorstorm 2, FM) that I am eyeing up, but kinda know I probably won't play them either.

I've become a right boring bastid in the last 6 months. :(

• Advertisement

Dump her tbh, out of all the games she could have got you. Fallout 3, little big planet, fifa, PES, bioshock, etc and she picks pure?? =P

Believe it or not she got it spot on! I downloaded the demo about 3 weeks ago and have been playin it non stop! :pac:

I'm not that big of a gamer so I tend to go for action packed games with little storyline so I can pick up, bash out a game and dispose!

Happy Birthday Yesterday!
    You must be happy its free for you to ride the bus now :D

When I was younger and saw the video for 'fast car' by Tracy Chapman, I thought it was Keenan. It only enhanced my love for the guy. Then I remember being crushed when my parents told me the truth..

Keenan was a ledge. I still piss myself laughing thinking about the episode where he is trying to woo a girl named Briana, hangs a banner from a city skyscrapper doing so, only for it to get stuck and say 'Keenan Loves Brian. Brilliant. Chris was a pretty good character as well.

You're getting a ride of your auld one when they come back!?! :eek:

Jaysus.
    Yeah, the aul PS3 is really gathering the dust here. Have about 3 or 4 games I have never even played, and there are 3 or 4 (LittleBigPlanet, Motorstorm 2, FM) that I am eyeing up, but kinda know I probably won't play them either.

I dunno, nothing has really jumped out at me tbh. I'm sure there are good games out there, just gotta find em!
    I've become a right boring bastid in the last 6 months. :(

hence the massive increase in postcount! Working on the e-persona!! :P

I'm not that big of a gayer so I tend to go for action packed gays with little story so I can pick up, bash out a gayer and dispose!

Fixed, as a late birthday present.

Keenan and Kel was the best show ever (bar transformers). Now my little sisters watches **** like 'suite life of zack and cody' and 'high school musical'.. Fcuk that... Although Drake and Josh has it's moments. :pac::pac:
    I tend to go for action packed games with little storyline so I can pick up, bash out a game and dispose!

Sounds like my ideal woman.... :pac:

EDIT - Fcuk you Charlie, ruining my punchline...

Happy Birthday Yesterday!
    You must be happy its free for you to ride the bus now :D

Yea glad it's over. Now i have to deal with the senility! In the not too distant future I'll be like Des!

And Thailand is great too:pac:, you should definitely visit!

Seven and a half months and counting...
    In the not too distant future I'll be like Des!

Don't you EVER say that!!

Ya happy belated birthday Neil man. Did ye go over to Thailand for UFC training in Muay Thai or something (obviously ignoring the usual hookers and drugs)? Fcuking martial arts heads... :pac:

hence the massive increase in postcount! Working on the e-persona!! :P

e-persona??? Don't you know, I randomly butt in on people's conversations, pwning them, making arbitrary wanker hand gestures, and scream bewbs whenever a bussomy lady is in sight.
    Keenan and Kel was the best show ever (bar transformers). Now my little sisters watches **** like 'suite life of zack and cody' and 'high school musical'.. Fcuk that... Although Drake and Josh has it's moments. :pac::pac:

We really we're spoilt for choice with quality programs back in the day. It's only now that I truly appreciate the genius of this man

Ferguson1-1.jpg

Also, I lusted after Alex Mack. What I would have done to her..........sigh.

• Advertisement

Seven and a half months and counting...

Ok whats your itinerary?!

Places to hit:

Unmissable: Koh Phi Phi, Koh Samui, Koh Phangan.

If you have time: Chiang Mai (I'd strongly recommend u go north but do it first cos u won't leave the islands once u get there), Koh Tao (it's purely for the scuba - hello Rooben, you want to go scooba)

Avoid at all costs: Surat Thani (smelly kip - but u can get the night boat to Samui from there and the night boat is awesome), Krabi (krappy - absolutely nothing there), Phuket & Pattaya for the same reasons (unless slimy seedy hooker ridden kips are your thing).

Bangkok is fun and the excitement of "Holy sh1t I'm in Thailand" makes it good craic but be streetwise, loads of people I know and met over there got drugged and robbed by friendly women. It's a city i would not spend more than 2 or 3 days in. Also I'm very curious if you get "Grand Palaced". (anyone who's been to the GP will know exactly what I'm talking about)

Seriously, buy Pele pills when you're over there, place is full of willing Aussie ladies, you'll have a blast! :pac::P

Also there is no such thing as a Thai who sucks at pool so don't get roped into playing for money. They'll sandbag u.

Ya happy belated birthday Neil man. Did ye go over to Thailand for UFC training in Muay Thai or something (obviously ignoring the usual hookers and drugs)? Fcuking martial arts heads... :pac:

No man I went over for 6 weeks to do something different. Everyone else was going on a J1 but i wanted to do something different. Problem was everyone who wanted something different did the same thing. One night, we were in a club in Koh Phi Phi and i may as well have been in Dublin!

I've been doing Brazilian JiuJitsu for years but only took up the Muay-Thai a few months before I went to Thailand. Didn't train at all over there, only really got into it when i got back tbh.

I went for the culture, the adventure (white water rafting was teh epic!) and the parties.

Best 6 weeks of my life.

Went to Kuala Lumpur for 5 days after then stopped into the Dam for 4 days on the way home! Sampled and compared the local 'erb and got to see United/Inter/Ajax and Porto play in the Amsterdam Tournament! :) Oh if I could just rewind and do it all again :(

Ok whats your itinerary?!

Havent a breeze yet

Places to hit:

Unmissable: Koh Phi Phi, Koh Samui, Koh Phangan.

Definitely

If you have time: Chiang Mai (I'd strongly recommend u go north but do it first cos u won't leave the islands once u get there), Koh Tao (it's purely for the scuba - hello Rooben, you want to go scooba)

Also Definites

Avoid at all costs: Surat Thani (smelly kip - but u can get the night boat to Samui from there and the night boat is awesome), Krabi (krappy - absolutely nothing there), Phuket & Pattaya for the same reasons (unless slimy seedy hooker ridden kips are your thing).

Was planning on hitting Phuket? What did you not like about it?
    As for slimy seedy hookers.... *wiggles eyebrows*

Bangkok is fun and the excitement of "Holy sh1t I'm in Thailand" makes it good craic but be streetwise, loads of people I know and met over there got drugged and robbed by friendly women. It's a city i would not spend more than 2 or 3 days in. Also I'm very curious if you get "Grand Palaced". (anyone who's been to the GP will know exactly what I'm talking about)

Seriously, buy Pele pills when you're over there, place is full of willing Aussie ladies, you'll have a blast! :pac::P

I reckon the plan will be fly into Bangkok, stay a night, then bail to somewhere else.

Also there is no such thing as a Thai who sucks at pool so don't get roped into playing for money. They'll sandbag u.

Is that a challenge? :pac:

Cheers for the advice

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,068 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

e-persona??? Don't you know, I randomly butt in on people's conversations, pwning them, making arbitrary wanker hand gestures, and scream bewbs whenever a bussomy lady is in sight.

We really we're spoilt for choice with quality programs back in the day. It's only now that I truly appreciate the genius of this man

Also, I lusted after Alex Mack. What I would have done to her..........sigh.

when i was 14, Alex Mack, her sister, and the twins from sister sister. Would have all combined to be the best night of my life! well, 34 seconds anyway...

Oh if I could just rewind and do it all again :(

I'm still hoping for an old crazy bastid to turn up in a clapped out DeLorean, with the promise of time travel. 2006 here we come!

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    Would have all combined to be the best night of my life! well, 3.4 seconds anyway...

Fixed

Cheers for the advice

No worries. Hit me up with a PM or something closer to the time and i can give ya detailed advice. I spent a lot of time there, I do their national sport as a regular hobby now and have a large enough interest in th country and will definitely be going back so I'm sure i can give ya some good advice. I've some good advice re. activities that you have to do in those places as well so defo remind me!

No worries. Hit me up with a PM or something closer to the time and i can give ya detailed advice. I spent a lot of time there, I do their national sport as a regular hobby now and have a large enough interest in th country and will definitely be going back so I'm sure i can give ya some good advice. I've some good advice re. activities that you have to do in those places as well so defo remind me!

I certainly will, cheers man

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,068 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Fixed

at 14, tbh, id say fixed accurately!

• Advertisement

I'm still hoping for an old crazy bastid to turn up in a clapped out DeLorean, with the promise of time travel. 2006 here we come!

How'd you know I went to Thailand in 2006!!

Oh if only, I really have to say, best time of my life thus far. I always think of that holiday when I'm down cos i had such great times, it's a great pick me up but it also depresses me that I'm not there :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement