Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Off Topic Thread & Off Topic Thread II - Collectors Edition Bumper Pack

Comments

Frisbee wrote: »
    I certainly will, cheers man

No problemo.

Right lads, I'm outies, I've no doubt I'll make hard work of getting out of bed tomorrow, the old age is getting worse and worse and I'm starting to need regular sleep now! :pac:

Adiós amigos.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

How'd you know I went to Thailand in 2006!!

Oh if only, I really have to say, best time of my life thus far. I always think of that holiday when I'm down cos i had such great times, it's a great pick me up but it also depresses me that I'm not there :(

I was referring to my epic voyage to the land known as Vancouver.

I know what you mean though, some of the best days I have spent, we're on that J1. Nothing beats BBQ'in on the front lawn, coaches brought out, bucket o ice cold gargles, followed by an epic game of redass. :( I think i'm welling up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Oh if only, I really have to say, best time of my life thus far. I always think of that holiday when I'm down cos i had such great times, it's a great pick me up but it also depresses me that I'm not there :(

You've suddenly made 7 and a half months seem even longer :P

2006 Seems to be the time for Good holidays. Interrailing for me...

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

If you're going to Koh Phagnan you shoudl time it for the full moon party. Not everyone's cup of tea but when in rome and all that.

Pattaya was seedy but we had a lot of fun there too - we went to this random bizzarre sex-show where they smoke a fag through their pussy and fire paper darts of it at balloons you get to hold up so they can burst them. Weird but funny.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,677 ✭✭✭Chong

If you're going to Koh Phagnan you shoudl time it for the full moon party. Not everyone's cup of tea but when in rome and all that.

Pattaya was seedy but we had a lot of fun there too - we went to this random bizzarre sex-show where they smoke a fag through their pussy and fire paper darts of it at balloons you get to hold up so they can burst them. Weird but funny.
    Bloody Hell SE, whats sort party is this?

• Advertisement

It was a laugh - it was off the main street in Pattaya. Girls just doing loads of weird **** that was wrong but exactly what it said on the door "bizarre". One girl empties a bottle of coke into herself, puts the bottle on the floor, stands up and puts every drop back in the bottle. There's the obligatory ping pong ball trick and even a variation on the ping pong ball trick with bananas and a monkey.

All very entertaining.

It was a laugh - it was off the main street in Pattaya. Girls just doing loads of weird **** that was wrong but exactly what it said on the door "bizarre". One girl empties a bottle of coke into herself, puts the bottle on the floor, stands up and puts every drop back in the bottle. There's the obligatory ping pong ball trick and even a variation on the ping pong ball trick with bananas and a monkey.

All very entertaining.

U sick bastard! Pattaya is a seedy kip tbh! Go to any of those shows down the islands if u must. Avoid Pattaya though tbh.

Predictably I barely got outta bed this mornin, had to skip breakfast so as not to be late, and now feel like crap. Gonna go to the gym after work and shake of le cobwebbe I think.

Also, I got season 3 of My Name Is Earl yesterday, can't wait to watch it! :pac:

Pattaya had it's "charms" and I was there with my missus!:eek:

Great place for cheap shopping, and their's a strip of pubs and nightclubs that are pretty cool. It's basically one big stag party.

Pattaya had it's "charms" and I was there with my missus!:eek:

Great place for cheap shopping, and their's a strip of pubs and nightclubs that are pretty cool. It's basically one big stag party.

I was gonna do a 2 week Muay-Thai camp in Pattaya and to be fair if u avoid the seediness there's lots to do and see.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Avoid the seediness? Does not compute?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,907 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

6th wrote: »
    Avoid the seediness? Does not compute?

Indeed. What's the point in going if you aren't going to fully embrace the culture?

Unless you're one of them gheys.....

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Morrning folks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

another horrible f*cking day.

Moooeenin lads.

Tis freezing as fcuk out there.

another horrible f*cking day.
    bah humbug.

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Indeed. What's the point in going if you aren't going to fully embrace the culture?

Unless you're one of them gheys.....

Aussies take their break in the summer (NH summer SH winter) and come to the land of the Thai. Aussie women and me are a good match. Id rather go to a club and pick up an Aussie lady than go to some show and watch some desperate young Thai girl degrade herself doin weird sh1t for a bunch of greasy sleazebags. So that is what i did. Absolutely no regrets!

I did go to a show, I won't lie but I wasn't paying for anything.

Good man 6th, thought u were gonna do a Dudess and stop in briefly and then vanish like a virgin on debs night! Stick around some!

Lads it may be baltic outside but tis bright, could be a lot worse. I've been goin for strolls on my lunchbreak around the park, tis great, wakes ya right up for the afternoon.

I wasn't talking about the weather.

bah humbug.

U not in work yet no!? Or have ya beat the system!?

That time of year is in full swing again where the girls want the office like an oven and the lads want the windows open to alleviate the sauna like feel of the room. Followed by that exaggerated shiver and look of contempt from the wimmins. :mad:

I wasn't talking about the weather.

LOL well look at the bright side. It could be Monday! Get through today and tomorrow and then its a day on the OT thread followed by Friday evening...win!

Aussies take their break in the summer (NH summer SH winter) and come to the land of the Thai. Aussie women and me are a good match. Id rather go to a club and pick up an Aussie lady than go to some show and watch some desperate young Thai girl degrade herself doin weird sh1t for a bunch of greasy sleazebags. So that is what i did. Absolutely no regrets!

VALIDATE ME!!!

• Advertisement

than go to some show and watch some desperate young Thai girl degrade herself doin weird sh1t for a bunch of greasy sleazebags.

Oi!! Harsh.

LOL well look at the bright side. It could be Monday! Get through today and tomorrow and then its a day on the OT thread followed by Friday evening...win!

you really are a glass half full guy aren't you.

Oi!! Harsh.

Sorry but the lads at the show I was at made my stomach churn. Kuala Lumpur was worse. nightclub full of 50 y.o men with their wedding rings still on and 16-18 year old Malaysian girls on their arm. Disgusting.

you really are a glass half full guy aren't you.

Depends which side of the bed I get out of.

This day last week i'd probably have found a negative in it being 5.30 on Friday evening!

I'm in a good mood today though so I guess the glass is certainly half full!

Not as bad as the 50y.o. men with wedding rings on and 17y.o. Boys on their arm tbh. Totally right though - that part of it is awful to see these dirty old men everywhere. Saying that though I thought you were accusing me of being a sleaze bag. That's Mr. Sleaze Bag to you.

Not as bad as the 50y.o. mean with wedding rings on and 17y.o. Boys on their arm tbh. Totally right though - that part of it is awful to see these dirty old men everywhere.

:eek: Farking hell. Yea big +1.

Saying that though I thought you were accusing me of being a sleaze bag. That's Mr. Sleaze Bag to you.

LOL not at all!

Neil, I notice your OTT activity is on the up these days. Things settled back down on the work front?

Neil, I notice your OTT activity is on the up these days. Things settled back down on the work front?

Boss is out of the office a lot lately! :pac:

I'm doin a better job of working in between bouts of posting though!

When u startin the job charlie!?!

Hey Xavi, you joined the 1000 club in this thread! Over 1000 posts, bravo!

• Advertisement

Boss is out of the office a lot lately! :pac:

I'm doin a better job of working in between bouts of posting though!

When u startin the job charlie!?!

Good stuff.

Had a 2nd interview yesterday, and waiting on a call back today. Fingers crossed. I have another offer on the table (which I have to let them know by today), but I really want to get the one I had the 2nd interview for.

Had an interview on Sat. for a graduate tax role with a big firm. Felt it went absolutely swimmingly, couldn't have felt I gave a better interview, only to get a PFO email yesterday. :mad: :( Recking my brains as to what I could have done differently, but I guess in the current climate, its one big rat race, and the field is bigger than ever. Damn recession 2.gif

Good stuff.

Had a 2nd interview yesterday, and waiting on a call back today. Fingers crossed. I have another offer on the table (which I have to let them know by today), but I really want to get the one I had the 2nd interview for.

Had an interview on Sat. for a graduate tax role with a big firm. Felt it went absolutely swimmingly, couldn't have felt I gave a better interview, only to get a PFO email yesterday. :mad: :( Recking my brains as to what I could have done differently, but I guess in the current climate, its one big rat race, and the field is bigger than ever. Damn recession 2.gif

Best of luck dude. I'm sure you'll get the offer. Keep us posted anyway. Soon you'll be using this thread when you're on the doss just like the rest of us!! :pac: Nothing like getting paid to post!

Don't worry about the ones you didn't get, water under the bridge man. I remember the 1st one I didn't get I emailed the guy after asking him where i could improve and he didn't bother answering me. Their loss. And as you said, recession times, tis hard so don't worry about a couple of idiots who reject u.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

Wanna fight Neil? :pac: Meet you outside 5 lamps in 20 minutes.

Best of luck dude. I'm sure you'll get the offer. Keep us posted anyway. Soon you'll be using this thread when you're on the doss just like the rest of us!! :pac: Nothing like getting paid to post!

Don't worry about the ones you didn't get, water under the bridge man. I remember the 1st one I didn't get I emailed the guy after asking him where i could improve and he didn't bother answering me. Their loss. And as you said, recession times, tis hard so don't worry about a couple of idiots who reject u.

Cheers dude.

Yeah that's the way I am trying to look at it.

Lads, check out this thread from 365 (Not pron, don't worry). Anyone born in the 80's, who's a bloke, will appreciate the awesomeness of it.

So many memories..............
    And yes, I had a Wear Bear.

eZe^ wrote: »
    Wanna fight Neil? :pac: Meet you outside 5 lamps in 20 minutes.

:(:o

I know I should get this but I don't! I saw Al making reference to it as well........ I'm slow.

"Something said, not good......"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Has anyone told Xavi6 yet that Utd are linked with Xavi?? How cruel a blow would that be to our Man City supporting, Xavi worshipping friend?

monkey9 wrote: »
    Has anyone told Xavi6 yet that Utd are linked with Xavi?? How cruel a blow would that be to our Man City supporting, Xavi worshipping friend?

Off Hand managerial comments picked up by a trashy tabloid rag ftw!

Morning Lads

I'm hungry! Have a stew with me today which I'm gonna demolish, hopin it fuels me for the gym after work!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭iregk

its one big rat race, and the field is bigger than ever.

just remember though, when you finally get ahead and actually win the race. Your still a RAT! :)

Seriously though good luck with the correspondence. Hope its all good.

I'm hungry! Have a stew with me today which I'm gonna demolish, hopin it fuels me for the ghey orgy after work!

Fixed, don't be ashamed of the truth

• Advertisement

monkey9 wrote: »

answer-boy.gif

Me!!!

Xavi will not leave Barca. It's a match made in heaven*, there no better team in the world for him to play his style of football at. Maybe Arsenal, but they are just wannabe Barcelona anyway.... =P

* I guess seeing as being an Atheist means this statement holds no weight...

I'm hungry! Have a stew with me today which I'm gonna demolish, hopin it fuels me for the gym after work!

I love stew, but I hate it when it has big bulbus carrots* in it.

*Anticipates someone to fix it to 'cocks'

I love stew, but I hate it when it has big bulbous carrots* in it.

*Anticipates someone to fix it to 'cocks'

There's no excuse for bad grammar... ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

can i just say.....

Neil

love-heart.jpg

Eze^

pair of fecking puddin benders.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

I love stew, but I hate it when it has big bulbus carrots* in it.

That's what she said.

Frisbee wrote: »
    There's no excuse for bad grammar... ;)

There's no excuse for thinking spelling and grammar are the same thing... :pac:
    Mr Alan wrote: »
    can i just say.....

Neil
    love-heart.jpg
    Eze^

pair of fecking puddin benders.

I love you too Alan.

Mr Alan wrote: »
    can i just say.....

I

love-heart.jpg

Willies and Torres in equal measures

Jesus Al I appreciate the honesty! ;)

eZe^ wrote: »
    There's no excuse for thinking spelling and grammar are the same thing... :pac:

Ooooo SNAP!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement