Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Off Topic Thread & Off Topic Thread II - Collectors Edition Bumper Pack

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,907 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

monkey9 wrote: »
    Has anyone told Xavi6 yet that Utd are linked with Xavi?? How cruel a blow would that be to our Man City supporting, Xavi worshipping friend?

Ain't gonna happen, just like it didn't two years ago. He told Chelsea where to go as well.

Besides, I really don't want to have to come up with another username.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

Boo-yeah. Got the call back I was waiting for, and got the job.

7.gif

Don't have to start till Monday, so it will be an epic 3 day weekend buildup.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,060 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

so, who's this stew chap and why are we discussing his bulbous regions?

Frisbee wrote: »
    Ooooo SNAP!

I love this fella

aids.jpg

7.gif

Congrats.

Boards access?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

7.gif

Congrats! All the Off-Topicers are getting jobs lately. This must be a lucky thread...

7.gif

Congrats man, delighted for ya! Seems we're all partyin up this weekend! :D

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Boards access?

First thing that will be written into my next job contract tbh! That and w@nk breaks!

congrats charles!

• Advertisement

TY good sirs. 5.gif

We'll I will be plonked in front of a computer all day, but it is for a large company, so no doubt they will have an IT department that do be bustin chops on that sort of sh/t. I'll have to suss it out.

TY good sirs. 5.gif

We'll I will be plonked in front of a computer all day, but it is for a large company, so no doubt they will have an IT department that do be bustin chops on that sort of sh/t. I'll have to suss it out.

Just make sure to sleep with someone in the IT department as quick as you can to make sure you have access.

If it's a man, well, you'll have to take that bullet

TY good sirs. 5.gif

Yea slow play it. Take a few weeks to suss it out. Don't get teh sack on the first day for dossin!

charlie, spend a day or two asking technical questions on the boards tech section, anything that mite be work related and see if its picked up on. If no mention, then post your heart and soul out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

Just make sure to sleep with someone in the IT department as quick as you can to make sure you have access.

If it's a man, well, you'll have to take that bullet

Knowing Charlie though, he'll try some weird **** on with him/ her and then things will get really awkward, thus effectively ending his boards.ie time.

lol, charlie, soccer off topics official sex fiend!

• Advertisement

eZe^ wrote: »
    Knowing Charlie though, he'll try some weird **** on with him/ her and then things will get really awkward, thus effectively ending his boards.ie time.

Like this?

Perhaps I can lure them with the promise of .gifs and bewbs.

Cheers gents for all the words of support and wisdom. This place really is a bit of a brotherhood.

I know that for the first 2 weeks or so I will be undergoing training, and being clued up on their systems. So it is likely I will have someone with me all during that period, hence, I will be very cautious about usage. Still, 3G phone + mobile.Boards.ie + Poo breaks = Stealth OTT'in ninja.png

Cleveland steamer is more my style.

Still, 3G phone + mobile.Boards.ie + Poo breaks = Stealth OTT'in ninja.png

Thats beautiful.
    Was that Kipling?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,011 ✭✭✭cHaTbOx

Thats beautiful.
    Was that Kipling?
    Oh come on Charlie has more class than that

It was Dickens of course :D

Hi guys, it's a nice relaxed attidude you all have ,it's nice to see it .:)

• Advertisement

Hi guys, it's a nice relaxed attidude you all have ,it's nice to see it .:)

It the OTT way.

Feckin shit stirrers over in the Eagles forum :rolleyes:

Trollus Maximus.

I love the way that chap CiaranC (remember the lad who trolled the nominate a team thread) stopped by to add his input! Lose!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

I just finished watching Speed Racer.. Seriously, were the Wachowski brothers having a laugh? The film is worth watching for the lines "Oh my god! Was that a ninja?" "More like a non-ja" though.

I'm telling ya, a good half hour - 45 minute stroll at lunchtime does wonders for ya!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

If by stroll you mean **** then fair enough.

Journey to college - complete.

now just to drag myself to class...

If by stroll you mean **** then fair enough.

Nonsense, you have to learn only to go for a tug when on the clock. Lunchtime is unpaid. A morning tug or an afternoon tug where u get paid to do so is your only man!

By stroll I mean walk!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,677 ✭✭✭Chong

Nonsense, you have to learn only to go for a tug when on the clock. Lunchtime is unpaid. A morning tug or an afternoon tug where u get paid to do so is your only man!

By stroll I mean walk!
    Words or pure Wisdom :)

• Advertisement

By stroll I mean walk!

Have you ever considered a career in motivational speaking?

Have you ever considered a career in motivational speaking?

No but ask anyone who knows me personally (Mr Alan will confirm) and I often get told I talk too much! :pac:

How about me and u set up a motivational speaking business? you can provide the images, and we know that all we have to do is keep the bewbs on screen regularly and it wont matter what we're saying!

Bulletproof!

That or, as a conglomerate, we OT'ers could write a book entitled "How to amuse yourself in work and complete the day having done absolutely nothing"

No but ask anyone who knows me personally (Mr Alan will confirm) and I often get told I talk too much! :pac:

How about me and u set up a motivational speaking business? you can provide the images, and we know that all we have to do is keep the bewbs on screen regularly and it wont matter what we're saying!

Bulletproof!

Sssssshhhhhhhhh!

Don't be giving those golden ideas away for free for all to see. But yes, I would be highly interested in such a scam scheme.

Lads, after not knowing what I wanted for Christmas, or if I would even want my parents getting me presents, I have changed my mind. I am going to get them to get me a rake of classic Newcastle shirts from that site we were looking at here about a month ago. Something I will genuinely want and use! :pac:

Sssssshhhhhhhhh!

Don't be giving those golden ideas away for free for all to see. But yes, I would be highly interested in such a scam scheme.

Lads, after not knowing what I wanted for Christmas, or if I would even want my parents getting me presents, I have changed my mind. I am going to get them to get me a rake of classic Newcastle shirts from that site we were looking at here about a month ago. Something I will genuinely want and use! :pac:

I don't want to ask for anything this year. Being 24 now I think it's time!

Sssssshhhhhhhhh!

Ok we said about what xmas presents we getting, like from parents and shizzle but what you getting for yourself.

I am thinking of getting a 42 HDTV and a bed spurred on by Frisbees bust bed idea.

Fcuk that Neil, if you buying them presents, let them by you something.

Chong!? How often do u change your name dude!!

For myself I will be getting nothing. I cannot afford it.

Chong wrote: »
    Fcuk that Neil, if you buying them presents, let them by you something.

Oh yea but I'm not asking for anything. I'll be p1ssed if they don't get me something though!!

I am however starting to get excited about my favourite night out in the whole year: Christmas Eve.

The buzz in the pub that night is always epic win. Must be the only night of the year that gets built up that's never an epic failure.

Chong!? How often do u change your name dude!!

For myself I will be getting nothing. I cannot afford it.
    I like to getting my moneys worth of my boards subrscription :D

I technically cant afford, I will be redundant in Janaury , may aswell go out with a bang :D

• Advertisement

Oh yea but I'm not asking for anything. I'll be p1ssed if they don't get me something though!!

I am however starting to get excited about my favourite night out in the whole year: Christmas Eve.

The buzz in the pub that night is always epic win. Must be the only night of the year that gets built up that's never an epic failure.
    Yup Xmas Eve is top notch, one of the few nights in the year everyone is actually happy.

Lots of Whiskey hmmmmmmm.

I feel the same way (i'm 22, so not an OAP like yourself) but my ma won't have any of that. She will insist I get presents. Before I thought of the jerseys, I thought just let her buy whatever, but if she is gonna kick up a stink about it, I may as well get something I will use and enjoy.
    I am thinking of getting a 42 HDTV and a bed spurred on by Frisbees bust bed idea.

Nothing. There really isn't anything I could think of buying that I want. I 'treated' myself to a HD tv for the room about this time last year.

100% agreed. Greatest drinking night of the year fo' sho'
    Should finish work around 8 or 9 this year, then the ten steps outside of work to the pub and we're settled for a good night.
    Till going home time when there is not a single taxi around...

Agreed. Pints with lads on Xmas eve is epic. However, the pub in Clontarf that everyone used to go for on Xmas eve was sold to property developers a few years back. 2.gif:( It's just not the same anymore because everyone has kinda dispersed.

Used to love it though, you would see everyone and their granny from Clontarf in there on Xmas eve that night. B.O.D could often be seen acting the cnut.

The HDTV I am picking up is only 850 euro and comes with a free 250gig HDD dvd recorder which is not bad at all.

Was such a coincidence when Frisbee was talking about his busted bed, I had to move mine out to clean behind it yesterday, top part is a little bust.

Agreed. Pints with lads on Xmas eve is epic. However, the pub in Clontarf that everyone used to go for on Xmas eve was sold to property developers a few years back. 2.gif:( It's just not the same anymore because everyone has kinda dispersed.

Used to love it though, you would see everyone and their granny from Clontarf in there on Xmas evening. B.O.D could often be seen acting the cnut.
    Same happened my local, now its a Lidl.

• Advertisement

100% agreed. Greatest drinking night of the year fo' sho'
    Should finish work around 8 or 9 this year, then the ten steps outside of work to the pub and we're settled for a good night.
    Till going home time when there is not a single taxi around...

taxi shmaxi! 2 years ago we went to a pub that was miles away and we all cycled!!

Last year we stashed cans and went back to the park after everyone got das boot at midnight. Sat in the park til 3 a.m singing Christmas tunes at the top of our voices! Came home with my bro and we ate the fry up my mum had saved for Xmas morning! :pac: oh how I love it!

Go down the enxt morning, jump into the sea at the 40 foot and you're right as rain for xmas dinner!

Was such a coincidence when Frisbee was talking about his busted bed, I had to move mine out to clean behind it yesterday, top part is a little bust.

Thats not that bad. Most of the slats in the middle of my bed are snapped. So if the bird stays over we end up slowly sliding arse first down in the little valley in the mattress... :pac:

Thats not that bad. Most of the slats in the middle of my bed are snapped. So if the bird stays over we end up slowly sliding arse first down in the little valley in the mattress... :pac:
    DURTTTTTTY!!! :D

taxi shmaxi! 2 years ago we went to a pub that was miles away and we all cycled!!

Last year we stashed cans and went back to the park after everyone got das boot at midnight. Sat in the park til 3 a.m singing Christmas tunes at the top of our voices! Came home with my bro and we ate the fry up my mum had saved for Xmas morning! :pac: oh how I love it!

Haha quality.
    Unfortunately i live miles from the pub we go to and to walk home I have to go up the dodgiest rape lane ever halfway up the mountains. It's a pain.
    But just get hammered and forget this and its a great night.

LOL, I broke the bed with an ex before. Funny sh1t! We totalled the fckin thing altogether!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement