Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Off Topic Thread & Off Topic Thread II - Collectors Edition Bumper Pack

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

LOL, I broke the bed with an ex before. Funny sh1t! We totalled the fckin thing altogether!

Fake wrestling match yeah?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

LOL, I broke the bed with an ex before. Funny sh1t! We totalled the fckin thing altogether!

I guess when its that small, you really need to hammer the sh/t out of it to make sure she is getting something out of it as well. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

Nah, what Neil hasn't mentioned Frisbee is that he's into a bit of the aul' whale hunting... :D

Frisbee wrote: »

I actually did break a bed doing that. Swanton bombs and beds aren't a marriage made in heaven.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,677 ✭✭✭Chong

More like UFC, Neil as Tank Abbott and his bird as Tito Ortiz.

I powerbombed her! :pac::P

Note: I may not have actually powerbomber her ;)

I actually did break a bed doing that. Swanton bombs and beds aren't a marriage made in heaven.
    I hear ya Charlie, my bro did a frog splash, from a set of drawers, and ended up driving the bed through a part of the floor.

to walk home I have to go up the dodgiest rape lane ever halfway up the mountains. It's a pain.

:eek:

Chong wrote: »
    I hear ya Charlie, my bro did a frog splash, from a set of drawers, and ended up driving the bed through a part of the floor.

Tell your brother he is a legend.

Don't know how I doidn't break my neck or something when I was young. A few of us on the road used to have wrestling matches, and a few times I tried to be the big shot and attemp a move off my shed.

My mate broke his bed powerbombing his little brother through it. Funny as **** to see...

• Advertisement

Oh man, my old school has a stage set up for plays/concerts and the lieks. At the side there's a ladder which is a good 15 - 20 feet up to a small balcony where one guy goes to operate the lights. The floor underneath that ladder tends to be where sh1t got dumped, out of sight out of mind. The hall doubled as a sports hall so one of the things that got dumped beside the ladder was a massive crash mat. you have not lived till you have done every high flying WWE move off a 20 foot ladder onto that crash mat. One of the best fun memories I have of school along with the lunchtime footy!

I broke a bed of mine from jumping on it when I was a kid.

My mate broke his bed powerbombing his little brother through it. Funny as **** to see...

What was D'Lo's finisher called again? Anyways, I was over at a mates house and delivered one on his little brother, and their rents bed made a god awful cracking sound. We all just legged it and kept stum. Never heard if it got borked or not.

Edit: It was called the Lowdown. D'Lo was ace.

What was D'Lo's finisher called again? Anyways, I was over at a mates house and delivered one on his little brother, and their rents bed made a god awful cracking sound. We all just legged it and kept stum. Never heard if it got borked or not.

Edit: It was called the Lowdown. D'Lo was ace.
    I think D'Lo is back I think I read something on the old Pro Wrestling Forum about it.

Have any you frequented the wrestling forum, its not a pretty site these days, its bickering and arguments 24/7.

Oh man, my old school has a stage set up for plays/concerts and the lieks. At the side there's a ladder which is a good 15 - 20 feet up to a small balcony where one guy goes to operate the lights. The floor underneath that ladder tends to be where sh1t got dumped, out of sight out of mind. The hall doubled as a sports hall so one of the things that got dumped beside the ladder was a massive crash mat. you have not lived till you have done every high flying WWE move off a 20 foot ladder onto that crash mat. One of the best fun memories I have of school along with the lunchtime footy!

Similar setup in ours. I remember an epic Royal Rumble we had once.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

I wish my name was Chong.... :(

eZe^ wrote: »
    I wish my name was Chong.... :(
    Hahaha Legend eZe :)

Subscribe and you can be Cheech!

Two of my mates who live beside each other were fake wrestling when they were younger.
    One picked up a baseball bat and pretended to hit the other. However he got him full on in the head.
    He wouldnt talk to him for a week

I think D'Lo is back I think I read something on the old Pro Wrestling Forum about it.

Have any you frequented the wrestling forum, its not a pretty site these days, its bickering and arguments 24/7.

No but having to mod the MMA forum I'm familiar with some of the posters from over there. Some require a close eye I'm afraid.

Charlie school wrestling matches were ace!

Home time Woop Woop!!!!!!!!1

• Advertisement

Yeah I think he is. When I was in New York in 2007, I went to a Raw taping in Madison Square Garden and D'Lo worked a dark match. He got a great reception even though he was in a jobbers match.

Used to post on it regularly, back when I first joined boards.

However, I stopped about a yr ago after a certain poster arrived and dragged every thread in to a pointless argument.

Its a pity, because there are some great posters over there. Shout out to Fozzy, Vince, Mr. Nice Guy, and Bounty Hunter.

Yeah I think he is. When I was in New York in 2007, I went to a Raw taping in Madison Square Garden and D'Lo worked a dark match. He got a great reception even though he was in a jobbers match.

Used to post on it regularly, back when I first joined boards.

However, I stopped about a yr ago after a certain poster arrived and dragged every thread in to a pointless argument.

Its a pity, because there are some great posters over there. Shout out to Fozzy, Vince, Mr. Nice Guy, and Bounty Hunter.
    Yup some right nutters over there at the mo!

Who ever could u mean!?! ;):rolleyes: I have to mod that guy, do u envy me!?

There are, Fozzy posts in the MMA a lot, he's a great contributer to the forum. I've noticed his name on the odd soccer poll before too the lurking snake!! :pac: Hi foz!

No but having to mod the MMA forum I'm familiar with some of the posters from over there. Some require a close eye I'm afraid.

cough**rovert**cough
    Charlie school wrestling matches were ace!

Yes, yes they are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

"It's fake"

"It's real, i tells ya"

Yes, yes they are.

They are?!

Do you wander into primary schools across the country and bash young children? If so, Nice!

• Advertisement

Who ever could u mean!?! ;):rolleyes: I have to mod that guy, do u envy me!?

Certainly don't. I imagine you have to show more restraint with posters like that, than Gary Glitter does in the local mothercare.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

The perfect plex (was that Mr Perfect's finishing move) was my favourite to perform on my little brother. Easy to do and effective. Little f*cker never beat the three count with that one. Oh yeah, i ruled supreme in our household. I don't boast about it though. It's just the way i rolled back then.

Do you wander into primary schools across the country and bash young children? If so, Nice!

Amongst other things when I am lurking outside visiting them.

Amongst other things when I am lurking outside visiting them.

Nearly didnt catch the link there.
    Glad I did :D

Certainly don't. I imagine you have to show more restraint with posters like that, than Gary Glitter does in the local mothercare.

It's not too bad. I don't sugar coat what I say. I did have an argument with said poster before the MMA Forum started, over in the SDMA Forum so for a while I was careful not to appear to hold a grudge but otherwise tis all good. To be fair to him - no infractions and no warnings specifically aimed at him and him alone just yet though he has been involved in the odd group warning. It just means that when I look at who posted some threads get a close read.

Overall the MMA forum is cool to mod so far because most of the guys there know what they're talkin about and are respectful. I know a lot of the lads who post too so it's grand.

This weekend will be a test though with the cross over appeal of Lesnar I'm expecting the odd muppet, and I won't be online all that much this weekend either so the old inbox could well be full of reported posts :mad:

• Advertisement

This weekend will be a test though with the cross over appeal of Lesnar I'm expecting the odd muppet, and I won't be online all that much this weekend either so the old inbox could well be full of reported posts :mad:

*Makes plans to sit in all weekend reporting every new MMA post* :cool:

** waits to see how Dragan handles such trolling!! :D

I'll log in on Sunday to see how that goes!! :P

Half an hour and I'm outta here.

Why wait till the weekend.

Why wait till the weekend.

:(

I've no intention of going online later at least not before late tonight so not my problem! :pac:

David Craig and SSN make me very angry :mad: :mad: :mad:

Shut up you mongs!

David Craig and SSN make me very angry :mad: :mad: :mad:

Shut up you mongs!
    HOMEEEEE YAY!

Started watching Band of Brothers again, damn that is one top notch show!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

For some reason I could never get into Band of Brothers, despite its almost universal praise. Just not really into war shows I guess.

I got the box set for my dad two christmas' ago.
    Keep meaning to watch it again. I'm sure I'll feel that I have to once the time to study for exams comes around again...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭invincibleirish

Started watching Band of Brothers again, damn that is one top notch show!

Saw it on BBC2 last night, remembered how unreal it was, watched and then retired to bed to watch the rest on DVD(watched about 3 EPs).

Excellent show, better then the book by a long shot (chiefly because the jingoism and mawkish sentiment of the book is drowned out by the visual thrills).

Cant wait for the pacific version which apparently is happening.

• Advertisement

Saw it on BBC2 last night, remembered how unreal it was, watched and then retired to bed to watch the rest on DVD(watched about 3 EPs).

Excellent show, better then the book by a long shot (chiefly because the jingoism and mawkish sentiment of the book is drowned out by the visual thrills).

Cant wait for the pacific version which apparently is happening.
    Thats exactly what got me to watch it again, seeing it on BBC 2 this week.

Absolutely Excellent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

The off topic thread has been re-opened. There will be some communication over the coming days about some changes to the rules for the OT thread and some changes to what content is okay.

Please keep an eye on the announcements for updates.

Cheers to the Mods.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,907 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

And we are back!

Cheers for opening it.

Xavi6 wrote: »
    And we are back!

Yup..... So.......
    The weather?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭invincibleirish

So anyway as i was saying, Band of Brothers is a top show. Going watching more now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

good night gents, a longer one that I expected but I did get to see lead balloon. Jack dee really should stick to his core competencies, his stand-up is v good but that is just awful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,011 ✭✭✭cHaTbOx

good night gents, a longer one that I expected but I did get to see lead balloon. Jack dee really should stick to his core competencies, his stand-up is v good but that is just awful.
    I know I hate when comedians do that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭Im_No_Superman

In before the lock! :pac:

Great to have OT back again! :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement