Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Off Topic Thread & Off Topic Thread II - Collectors Edition Bumper Pack

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,907 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Mr Alan wrote: »
    those who were around when i was looking for a band name a few weeks ago by they way....problem solved.

"The Evora"

Drop the 'The' and you're on to a winner. 'The' bands are too cliche nowadays.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

Just a heads up. This thread will soon be closed and a new one started with the rules outlined clearly in the first post because there is obviously some confusion over what is and isn't OK with some posters.

I'm thinking between post 12,000 or post 12,500.

This has been a public service announcement.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,677 ✭✭✭Chong

I like good music but is wrong to think Katy Perrys new song is catchy, so confused am I.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Chong wrote: »
    I like good music but is wrong to think Katy Perrys new song is catchy, so confused am I.

I've noticed my feet tapping to The Script's single. I wanna kill myself

monkey9 wrote: »
    I've noticed my feet tapping to The Script's single. I wanna kill myself
    Its the worst thing in the whole, liking this music, and you find yourself humming it then you know your doomed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

If there is some reason you want to know personal information about me or my family, ask, if you post it in a forum, I will ask for a site ban. - GY

It got me too :o

bohsman wrote: »
    If there is some reason you want to know personal information about me or my family, ask, if you post it in a forum, I will ask for a site ban. - GY

I know the answer to this one :)

EDIT: Bohsman's post was edited.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

Xavi6 wrote: »
    I know the answer to this one :)

Too many do it seems :)

Keeping the mood light, my afternoon Youtubing brought up this classic simpsons clip:

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

GuanYin wrote: »
    Too many do it seems :)
    Dammit. Every time I log on to this thing I just miss some juicy danger post by seconds. I'm in the dark about most of the scandolous behaviour in here because of it. :(

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

it seems i missed all the fun last night

**shakes fist at UPC/NTL - where is my broadband you ******

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

Ahh, hard day at the lab today, spent an hour trying to sort out what was wrong with out circuit but it turns out the technician didn't wire a piece of the apparatus properly. He didn't even apologise. FFS. Nice to be welcomed by the OTT when I returned though.

So how's everyones evening going/ gone?

Evenin girls, my 5 a side got well and truly banjaxed. The court was ridiculous, it was as if someone put grease on it and everyone was all over the place. Anyway I ended up goin over bad on my ankle and can barely walk now. Supposed to be out on the proper lash tomorrow too which is gonna be a load of b0ll0x if I can't walk! :mad:

What did they offer us for compensation? A "free" game next week....ie the money we paid this week carries over. Fckin idiots.

Keeping the mood light, my afternoon Youtubing brought up this classic simpsons clip:

Couldn't watch in work earlier but that is literally one of my most used expressions! I don't think I've pronounced "gym" properly in about 5 years!

Bravo!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭DeadSkin

Evenin girls, my 5 a side got well and truly banjaxed. The court was ridiculous, it was as if someone put grease on it and everyone was all over the place. Anyway I ended up goin over bad on my ankle and can barely walk now. Supposed to be out on the proper lash tomorrow too which is gonna be a load of b0ll0x if I can't walk! :mad:

What did they offer us for compensation? A "free" game next week....ie the money we paid this week carries over. Fckin idiots.

That's balls dude. I feel your pain. I finally hung up me boots a month or so ago.
    Deep down though, I know I'll go back, maybe in the new year.
    Must get some physio or somethin' to strenghten me lady-like ankles first :pac:

Feckin database errors all over the gaff forcing me to work :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

and it's friday ... who the hell works on friday ... this is terrible

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭One Cold Hand

Yeh I've done a ridiculous amount of work already today (for a friday!)

Evidently the Database doesn't work on Fridays either!

• Advertisement

The funny thing is I actually have feck all work to do this afternoon for a change.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭One Cold Hand

I'm up to hole, but I can NEVER concentrate after lunch on a friday!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Morning all.

These DB errors aren't so bad.

Google: Boards.ie + Soccer + Off-topic.

And for a while I thought I'd have to do some work...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,697 ✭✭✭ciaran76

Couldn't watch in work earlier but that is literally one of my most used expressions! I don't think I've pronounced "gym" properly in about 5 years!

Bravo!

I thought it was only me and my mates who pronounced it wrong ! You can see people who dont watch the Simpsons look at you strangly when we all laugh at pronouncing it wrong :confused:

FRIDAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY WOOP.

Morning All.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

Thank god its Friday this has been my worst professional week ever.

• Advertisement

Morning lads, I'm at home today. Rang in sick and am now waiting on a lift to the hospital to see if the mutant growth on my foot is as a result of a break.

Anyone ever been out on the p1ss with crutches by any chance?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,011 ✭✭✭cHaTbOx

I am sure there has :D

hope you are alright

I am sure there has :D

hope you are alright

Thanks dude, i'm p1ssed off cos I got snowboarding lessons for my birthday and this means that at the very least, break or no break, for the next few weeks no Muay-Thai, no jiu Jitsu, no soccer and no snowboarding :( maybe I'll use the time to hit the gym and work on the guns!! :P

Yea my mate broke his leg before and I saw him out one night with the crutches and cast! I'm meant to be out tonight so should be interesting!

Hope they give me one of those removable casts if it is a break cos then I can drive!

Yup, been on the beer with crutches. Best thing is, when it's your round just give the cash to a mate and they go to the bar :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,011 ✭✭✭cHaTbOx

Thanks dude, i'm p1ssed off cos I got snowboarding lessons for my birthday and this means that at the very least, break or no break, for the next few weeks no Muay-Thai, no jiu Jitsu, no soccer and no snowboarding :( maybe I'll use the time to hit the gym and work on the guns!! :P

Yea my mate broke his leg before and I saw him out one night with the crutches and cast! I'm meant to be out tonight so should be interesting!

Hope they give me one of those removable casts if it is a break cos then I can drive!
    Fun things may happen if you mix the pain relief and the alcomohol
    Would Muay thai be out for a little longer than jui Jitsu?
    I would try to do some more swimming.Might be a bit better for the muscles. Need to get gym membership soon just don't have moneys atm.

Is boards working for you all properly now?

• Advertisement

DeadSkin wrote:
    Yup, been on the beer with crutches. Best thing is, when it's your round just give the cash to a mate and they go to the bar :)

Nice! Night clubbing and all yea?! I may as well, I'm not bein a hermit!!
    Fun things may happen if you mix the pain relief and the alcomohol
    Would Muay thai be out for a little longer than jui Jitsu?
    I would try to do some more swimming.Might be a bit better for the muscles. Need to get gym membership soon just don't have moneys atm.

Is boards working for you all properly now?
    Yes i know, been there! :D

Yea for Muay-Thai i would only be able to do anything when I'm fully healed. you base your weight on your feet/kankles so much that it would be stupid to train injured.

Same pretty much goes for the others to be honest but Thai would be extra cos there's a likelihood of it getting hit.

Yea I'm in a gym (guy-m) already so i'll just start doing loads of upper body work or somethin! Wheter or not I swim I guess will depend on whether I get a cast, a removable cast or just lettin it heal. But I'd be doing the no kicking swim!

not really, still a hoopload of DB errors.

Nice! Night clubbing and all yea?! I may as well, I'm not bein a hermit!!

Ah yeah, ze ladies love the crutches.

DeadSkin wrote: »
    Ah yeah, ze ladies love the crutches.

I'll have to ask herself for a break for a few weeks so! :pac:

I'll have to ask herself for a break for a few weeks so! :pac:

Did she not already give you one? I wouldn't risk the other leg to be honest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Morning lads, I'm at home today. Rang in sick and am now waiting on a lift to the hospital to see if the mutant growth on my foot is as a result of a break.

I literally feel your pain! I was a party at my mates on Halloween night and fell over. Now, i was locked and i don't remember this, but i am reliably formed that i slipped on a wet patch in the kitchen.
    It was only when i was leaving the next morning that i noticed my foot was sore. Spent the entire weekend in bed as i was in drunken bits, went to work on Monday limping badly. By the Wednesday, i'd had enough and had to get it checked out as the swelling and bruising wasn't going down.
    Turns out i fractured my fibula and done my ligaments. Had to wear a temporary cast until the swelling went down, and got a proper one on last night. Doctor said that might need an op with screws inserted and that, but upon looking at the new x-ray, the bones are still in place so probably don't need one. Thank God.
    Being on crutches is such a hassle though. I'm bloody knackered, but it's good upper body strength building.
    Not going out drinking on crutches though, i really couldn't be bothered with all the hassle. I think i'll take this opportunity to lay off the alcohol and wait until i'm walking again, give my liver a break. Haven't drank in two weeks. I'm taking each day as it comes really.

Morning gents.

Just been told I've re-torn the fibres on my quad so no football for me for the 8 weeks. Absolute disaster. Headin out now to drown the sorrows.

Fuppin' hell lads!!!! Tis like a physio room.

There should've been a forum award for most injured poster, call it the Darren Anderton :pac:

I'm perfectly fit and healthy (relatively speaking). So **** the lot of ye. Mwuhahahaha.

I'm perfectly fit and healthy (relatively speaking). So **** the lot of ye. Mwuhahahaha.

thats just asking for some bad karma.

thats just asking for some bad karma.
    I like to live life on the edge.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭Im_No_Superman

I like to live life on the edge.

house_on-cliff_DSC_2369_m.jpg

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭delija_sever029

Just dont do anything and you wont risk an injury and pains,best advice ever

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Finishing with whiskey. Wtf was I thinking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Morning gents.

Just been told I've re-torn the fibres on my quad so no football for me for the 8 weeks. Absolute disaster. Headin out now to drown the sorrows.

cheer up at least you have the post of the day:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

house_on-cliff_DSC_2369_m.jpg

:pac:

i have a fear of heights and just lookin at that pic makes me feel sick

Where you guys getting all those funny pics all the time?

You guys know the joke about landfall house,when guy make advertisement in newspaper, "I am selling the house,good conditions,location:more and more closer to city centre"

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

i sure have, just watch out for spills on the floor, i put my crutch in a spill drink, and slide across the floor and i landed on my face - oh happy memories.

i had problems getting into a few place though, the bouncers werent impress with the metal pointy stick thing

i sure have, just watch out for spills on the floor, i put my crutch in a spill drink, and slide across the floor and i landed on my face - oh happy memories.

i had problems getting into a few place though, the bouncers werent impress with the metal pointy stick thing

Just home now. Foots not broken but he says that a combination of bruised bone and damage to the muscles in my foot (same one that goes when ya get a foot cramp apparently - can't remember the name of it) is why its so hard to walk. I'm strappius maximus now though so that + nurofen + alcohol and hopefully I may even make it out without the crutches. :pac:

Otherwise I'll have to convince bouncers that my metal pointy stick thingy is purely to compensate :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,238 ✭✭✭Gelio

You guys know the joke about landfall house,when guy make advertisement in newspaper, "I am selling the house,good conditions,location:more and more closer to city centre"

Ha ha

Buy it before its to late

Edit: Reply number 12000 whoo party time

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement