Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Off Topic Thread & Off Topic Thread II - Collectors Edition Bumper Pack

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Jayzus here was me thinking my sob story would go down well today.
    took a ball full force to the ankle in training last night, thought it was broken with the pain, but I can walk, so I'm guessing not...

Also, anyone ever had rum form Nepal? We went through a bottle last night, very nice, I'd definitely recommend it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Nearly time for Off-Topic III so?

Fair thee well OTT!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

only 1 hour and 20 mins left in work

then its beer o'clock time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

I haven't gotten out of bed.

• Advertisement

I guess I'm trying to stay above board (brown nosing) with my job but I came in for the afternoon. As you can see, I'm working very hard! :pac:

Two hours until beer o clock. After 5-6 beers I will guage whether the crutches will accompany me out tonight! I'm presently getting by without them, just walking like a pirate!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

As Elton John may have said sometime in his life, my ar$e is killing me. All i've been doing is sitting on it since i fractured my leg. In work now trying to get comfortable...it's just not happening.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

Is this the Auditions for ER thread?

No, we're trying to get highly paid contracts at Newcastle United.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭delija_sever029

I just wanted to ask something similar,this thread should be renamed to SPORTS INJURIES AND MOANING ABOUT IT:p

• Advertisement

I just wanted to ask something similar,this thread should be renamed to SPORTS INJURIES AND MOANING ABOUT IT:p

Maybe add a tag but 20 odd posts about injuries ina 12000 post thread hardly warrants renaming it! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Plus mine isn't a sporting injury. Just sheer alcohol abuse

Maybe add a tag but 20 odd posts about injuries ina 12000 post thread hardly warrants renaming it! :pac:

How it looks like theres gonna be epidemic injuring in next period,so our medical service expecting a lot of posting about it,thats why i predicted renaming ha!

monkey9 wrote: »

Since when is drinking not considered our national sport?

monkey9 wrote: »

Wrong place dude,alcohol patients department is on the next floor,if you dont have leg or arm broken GTFO

:pac:

Frisbee wrote: »
    Since when is drinking not considered our national sport?

Where is the medal list to prove it?;)

Where is the medal list to prove it?;)

Probably lost in the back of a taxi with our phones/wallets/keys...

Frisbee wrote: »
    Probably lost in the back of a taxi with our phones/wallets/keys...

:pac::pac::pac:

Than i give up,things with taxi drivers are hopeless...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

I need beer!!!!!

I need beer!!!!!

You are injured?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

Thank god it's the weekend! Tomorrow is going to be a day filled with sports, computer games and then copious amounts of alcohol. I got a haircut too, thats another thing that won't plague my mind for another month. YES!!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

KevIRL wrote: »
    Poker OT > Soccer OT imo

Just kidding about. How is everyone today?

Poker BBV - 37k > Soccer OT - 12k
    Poker > Soccer
    Me > You

:P

eZe^ wrote: »
    Thank god it's the weekend! Tomorrow is going to be a day filled with sports, computer games and then copious amounts of alcohol.

Amen to that

Last few weekends i watched so much of football that i started asking my self is it normal...too much of anything isnt that good.Than i said to myself next weekend is gonna be without football,to make small pause of it,but damn,i got so addicted and even that weekend finished with "only" 6 games watched:(

You are injured?

Nope. Just need beer.
    roryc wrote: »
    Poker BBV - 37k > Soccer OT - 12k
    Poker > Soccer
    Me > You

:P

Aww i know it hurts the poker isn't even considered a sport by boards but its ok, you go talk about your little card game.

Oh and one started in 10/05 v one started in 03/08.

37k / 37 months = 1000 posts a month

12k/ 8 months = 1500 posts a month.

Soccer being a sport > Poker being a game.
    So Soccer OT > Poker BBV
    Soccer > Poker
    Us > you.

Nope. Just need beer.

Amen to that. I think you missed the thread,virtual bars are that way
    >>

;)

Nope. Just need beer.

Aww i know it hurts the poker isn't even considered a sport by boards but its ok, you go talk about your little card game.

Oh and one started in 10/05 v one started in 03/08.

37k / 37 months = 1000 posts a month

12k/ 8 months = 1500 posts a month.

Soccer being a sport > Poker being a game.
    So Soccer OT > Poker BBV
    Soccer > Poker
    Us > Better than you.

You worked out the post volume per month :)

Was a joke ffs, like a lot of soccer posters I post in both and play both, prob prefer soccer tbh

Glad this thread is back on track after that feedback thread... unbelievable :eek:

EDIT: Also
    [ ] understands how to use > :D
    Us > Better than you.

You worked out the post volume per month :)

Was a joke ffs, like a lot of soccer posters I post in both and play both, prob prefer soccer tbh

Glad this thread is back on track after that feedback thread... unbelievable :eek:

Really I thought you were serious. :) However I just thought I would poke holes in your joke. That was my joke :).

The maths really wasn't that hard.

I also play poker and soccer although never post in poker. Right week is over time for the weekend and beer.

EDIT: Also
    [ ] understands how to use > :D

Damn you.

Really I thought you were serious. :) However I just thought I would poke holes in your joke. That was my joke :).

The maths really wasn't that hard.

I also play poker and soccer although never post in poker. Right week is over time for the weekend and beer.

Why don't you post in poker forum? Good community over there, a few posters from here are regs (Luckylloyd, Bohsman etc)

Anyway enjoy the weekend :)

• Advertisement

Considered a sports by boards? Don't you mean considered a sport by anybody who has a brain! :pac:

Haha, I'm kidding, nothing but respect for poker and it's mathematical probabilities, it's like the devils version of chess. :D

Considered a sports by boards? Don't you mean considered a sport by anybody who has a brain! :pac:

Haha, I'm kidding, nothing but respect for poker and it's mathematical probabilities, it's like the devils version of chess. :D

Would you consider chess a sport? Its a bit of a grey area tbh... I agree that its hard to class a 'game' where you sit on your arse for hours on end as a sport, but it depends where you draw the line!

Its considered a sport in America, with the key event, the WSOP (World Series of Poker) being classed as the biggest 'sporting' event in the world, with almost 7,000 participants this year. Even calling it the 'world series', similar to baseball, puts it firmly in the class of a sport.

The winner was crowned only a few days ago, 22 YEAR OLD Peter Eastgate being crowned WSOP champion winning over $9 million... not too shabby!

A good group of the poker forum regulars go over for the WSOP every year, usually with a few going deep and winning $100k+

Anyway back on topic... i mean off topic... i mean... :confused:

Would you consider chess a sport? Its a bit of a grey area tbh... I agree that its hard to class a 'game' where you sit on your arse for hours on end as a sport, but it depends where you draw the line!

Its considered a sport in America, with the key event, the WSOP (World Series of Poker) being classed as the biggest 'sporting' event in the world, with almost 7,000 participants this year. Even calling it the 'world series', similar to baseball, puts it firmly in the class of a sport.

The winner was crowned only a few days ago, 22 YEAR OLD Peter Eastgate being crowned WSOP champion winning over $9 million... not too shabby!

A good group of the poker forum regulars go over for the WSOP every year, usually with a few going deep and winning $100k+

Anyway back on topic... i mean off topic... i mean... :confused:

That's very interesting, especially the very last bit about boardsies going over. Someday I'm going to sit down and play with the idea of the probabilities in my head and see how it goes. I always see physicists winning loads of money on those poker games they show on sky and stuff.

That's very interesting, especially the very last bit about boardsies going over. Someday I'm going to sit down and play with the idea of the probabilities in my head and see how it goes. I always see physicists winning loads of money on those poker games they show on sky and stuff.

Yeh, a good proportion of the regulars in the poker forum play either fully for a living, or at least to supplement their regular job. Some are literally making hundreds of thousands per year, mainly online. Of course some are losing too :D

The WSOP is always a great time of year in the forum, usually about 40-50 lads go over to play it ($10,000 entry for the main event!), and we usually try and follow all their progress with updates online, text messages etc.

A few years ago an Irish guy, Andy Black got 5th for $1.75million :)... Luckylloyd also had a nice win a while back, €40k I think... a lot of the regulars have gone deep in tournaments over the last few years

Odds + maths etc does have a lot to do with it, drop by the forum if you have any questions, theres plenty of people willing to help out newbies!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Anyone get FM today? :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

SantryRed wrote: »

Thought about buying it, then read on the internet the amount of bugs and problems people are having so I might wait until they brign out the first patch

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Yeah, was a bloody nightmare to install though, the serial number is bloody tough to read. Had to use that tool off the website, then did not want to use steam so had to fnck around with the verification crap was worth it though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

It's completely crashed now.

Can't authenticate it. Fuming!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭Im_No_Superman

Classic Simpsons episode on Sky 1 now. :D

Classic Simpsons episode on Sky 1 now. :D

Watching it :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

Watching it :)

same. so good.

"Homer I have someone here that can help you"
    "is it batman?"
    "No Homer, its a scientist."
    "Batmans a scientist"
    "Its not Batman"

why couldnt they have stopped making it in say 2000. the new ones are just a shambles

• Advertisement

I never adored some cartoon like i do the Simpsons,tbh i dont find South Park as some big deal,cant understand why people think its even or better than Simpsons...

I don't know, the past 2 seasons of south park have been absolute comedy gold. Imagination land 1-3 was wayyyyy better than the movie.

Being roped into going to see Max Payne in an hour. I know it's going to be the worst thing ever, but I bet I will still end up being somewhat disappointed. Marky Wahlberg, you should stick to Entourage mate...

Nothing will ever top classic Simpsons imo the new ones arent great but now and again they still come up with some classic scenes/lines, check Xavi6 sig for example.

Southpark is brilliant too but it will never be as funny or clever as The Simpsons in its prime.

I don't know, the past 2 seasons of south park have been absolute comedy gold. Imagination land 1-3 was wayyyyy better than the movie.

Being roped into going to see Max Payne in an hour. I know it's going to be the worst thing ever, but I bet I will still end up being somewhat disappointed. Marky Wahlberg, you should stick to Entourage mate...
    Did you ever play the Max Payne games eZe^?

Absolutely, I loved the first one too. Except for that mission where you have to follow the sound of the crying baby in a dark room with blood. I was about 12 at the time and it freaked me out so I stopped playing it. :pac:

Absolutely, I loved the first one too. Except for that mission where you have to follow the sound of the crying baby in a dark room with blood. I was about 12 at the time and it freaked me out so I stopped playing it. :pac:
    Yeah the first one was a fantastic game, I hope you went back and finished it! :)

Just cant see the film been anywhere near as good as the games though. Keep us posted though.

Worst movie this year. God the amount of cringe... At least it's not as bad as the Doom movie though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

That doom film was complete arsewater.

That doom film was complete arsewater.

I liked the bit where it switched into a FPS view that matched the start of the Doom game. That was nifty :D

SantryRed wrote: »

Yeah. why couldn't they just have left everything the way it was? They obviously didn't put much thought into the whole online authentification.
    Still haven't been able to play... :(

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement