Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Off Topic Thread & Off Topic Thread II - Collectors Edition Bumper Pack

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭Im_No_Superman

eZe^ wrote: »
    Worst movie this year. God the amount of cringe... At least it's not as bad as the Doom movie though.
    Ah well. :(

Have yet to see the Doom movie, dont know if ill bother tbh.

Playing Uncharted on the PS3 at the moment, really fun game.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

That doom film was complete arsewater.

+1

when i take over the world every genre i like will go through rigorous testing.

Doom was crap, I would have made it much much better
    cyberdemon bitches.... and mancubus

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,907 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Just found out that Kings of Leon are playing at an arena 5 minutes from my apartment in March. I shall be attending that one!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

Jazzy wrote: »
    +1

when i take over the world every genre i like will go through rigorous testing.

Doom was crap, I would have made it much much better
    cyberdemon bitches.... and mancubus

It's the same with Max Payne, it could have been excellent. Especially considering Mark Wahlberg is excellent at playing the bitter cop role (see Dignum in The Departed for proof). They ruined Max by putting in ****ty dialogue, and the worst thing by far is the fact that these movies normally have bad story lines, but excel when it comes to action sequences. There is no gun fight in this movie until about an hour into it, and all of the action sequences are absolute poo.

Really, please don't waste your money on this movie, you'll make baby jesus cry if you do. :pac::pac:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Hello folks,I have been mad busy this week.Looks like I did not miss much...;)

Ya, you only missed about 3 signs of the apocalypse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Has anyone played the Left4Dead demo? It's really fun. Can't wait for the full thing to come out.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

So? How was Max Payne?

So? How was Max Payne?

Best movie ever, went to see it twice last night.

• Advertisement

Hmm, my saracasm sensors are tingling. Was it that bad?

I'd rather blend my balls than go see it again.

Just about sums it up I guess. There's a career in movie reviews for you yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

I hate Sports Interactive. All I want to do is play Football Manager. Will it let me? No.
    Absolutely ridiculous considering how much I spent on it...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭delija_sever029

I dont know why but i always hated football manager games,never found it interesting to play and got bored after 30mins,maybe i dont have patience for that,on the other hand i am buying every edition of every football game in last 10 years

Playing my match today. We were 3-1 down and got back to 3-3.
    Last minute i managed to nick it off a defender and chipped it over the keeper... to see it hit the bar, f**king disaster...
    Then I hear the Arsenal result.
    This has not bbe a good Saturday. And to top it off I have to go to some stupid 21st tonight that I don't want to go to.

Anyone know how to tie a noose?

• Advertisement

I know how to tie a noose. make an "S" with a rope about two thirds along and then with the shorter tail wrap it around the loops until you get to the end then tuck the end into the smaller loop and tighten it to seal it. Then attach the longer end to a suitable structure and bobs your uncle.

On the other hand though might I suggest that you take joy from the fact you salvaged a point and that you are going to a party which will potentially be full of 18 to 22 year olds struttin around wearing **** all?

I know how to tie a noose. make an "S" with a rope about two thirds along and then with the shorter tail wrap it around the loops until you get to the end then tuck the end into the smaller loop and tighten it to seal it. Then attach the longer end to a suitable structure and bobs your uncle.

On the other hand though might I suggest that you take joy from the fact you salvaged a point and that you are going to a party which will potentially be full of 18 to 22 year olds struttin around wearing **** all?

Yeah but all the lads are going into town and I'm stuk going to this with the bird. Hoping if she gets drunk I can bail into town around 12 maybe without her whinging at me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,677 ✭✭✭Chong

I am stuck in home tonight, on call for work.

So watching Band of Brothers in Blu ray , room sounds like a freaking warzone.

Hmm. Encourage the trip to the 21st, get your woman tanked and encourage every oppurtunity she has to speak to other people without you while you prop up the bar. After a couple of hours and she's having the time of her life and is well on it suggest that you might "leave her to it" and let her enjoy it fully without "worrying about" you.

Then tip on with a free conscience.

Or be a prick and announce your departure when you're suitably tanked.
    Chong wrote:
    So watching Band of Brothers in Blu ray , room sounds like a freaking warzone.

Super Jealous. I started 'aquiring' BoB about a month ago in 1080p - 60 odd gigs though so it's taking a while.

Or be a prick and announce your departure when you're suitably tanked.

agree.gif

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

ugh i hate this. hungover to f**k today and just about to go back out again... and xmas is coming up which means more booze. me and my friends call it "black december" due to the amount we normally get through. getting far too old for this, the hangovers are getting worse and worse :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Frisbee wrote: »
    Playing my match today. We were 3-1 down and got back to 3-3.
    Last minute i managed to nick it off a defender and chipped it over the keeper... to see it hit the bar, f**king disaster...
    Then I hear the Arsenal result.
    This has not bbe a good Saturday. And to top it off I have to go to some stupid 21st tonight that I don't want to go to.

Anyone know how to tie a noose?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=57912898&postcount=103

opposite day ftw

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

If you are looking for a bit of easy listening post beers, or first thing in the morning with a bit of a head on, I can recommend the Brown derbies, an accapella group who I have been listening to all evening (I have still got a drink induced headache). Particularly like their version of Hallelujah and faith but they also cover some other more contemporary stuff. Some of favorites below.

(Ignore the pictures, they are dreadful, just listen to the singingm some superb harmonies)

(not as good as cohen's version but better than buckleys)

If anyone gets a copy of today's Sunday Times can they let me know? I'm supposed to be getting a decent mention in it so just wanna know if it's there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,238 ✭✭✭Gelio

Hello people, accidentily set my loud alarm and now i don't get my sleep in. *$Ck sake. :-(

Ah sunday morning hangover free. So this is what life is like on the sober side. I could used to this. And I don't feel the need to do a post-mortem on my wallet.
    T4TF wrote:
    (not as good as cohen's version but better than buckleys)

I actually favour Rufus Wainwright's cover for the Shrek II album out of all of them - think his gravelly voice ads to it.

Xavi6 wrote: »
    If anyone gets a copy of today's Sunday Times can they let me know? I'm supposed to be getting a decent mention in it so just wanna know if it's there.

My old man gets it every Sunday so I'll have a look out for it. What section are you getting a mention in?
    ajeffares wrote: »
    Hello people, accidentily set my loud alarm and now i don't get my sleep in. *$Ck sake. :-(

Well at least your alarm isn't your throbbing head and you didn't wake up with a mouth as dry as the Sahara desert. Never drinking again...............:pac:

My old man gets it every Sunday so I'll have a look out for it. What section are you getting a mention in?

The 'Home' supplement. There's a feature on moving to Australia.

The 'Home' supplement. There's a feature on moving to Australia.

http://img352.imageshack.us/my.php?image=img010iz7.jpg

There's another section on it next week.

Ah legend. Cheers man.

• Advertisement

No bothers!

Was watching classic Fresh Prince of Bell Air a while ago and this episode was on;

Classic, but can somebody tell me the song that Will is singing at the start of the beat. I loved all those classic 90s and 80s dance songs, it sounds like it might have been in Space Jam or something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,052 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

eZe^ wrote:
    No bothers!

Was watching classic Fresh Prince of Bell Air a while ago and this episode was on;

Classic, but can somebody tell me the song that Will is singing at the start of the beat. I loved all those classic 90s and 80s dance songs, it sounds like it might have been in Space Jam or something.

here you go good sir
    Technotronic - Pump Up The Jam

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Nice article...

Didn't realise you were born in Perth Neil? Must have moved over here when you were 3 or 4 did you, never noticed an Aussie accent!

I'd stay in Oz for the time being, economy is rubbish here at the moment :(

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    here you go good sir
    Technotronic - Pump Up The Jam

Hahaha, so good! I'm gonna learn the running man, find an old school club and dance to this and rhythm is a dancer. :pac: Flamboyant spandex? It could only be the 90's really....

roryc wrote: »
    Nice article...

Didn't realise you were born in Perth Neil? Must have moved over here when you were 3 or 4 did you, never noticed an Aussie accent!

I'd stay in Oz for the time being, economy is rubbish here at the moment :(

Yeah was born in Perth but only lived here for a few weeks! Got my citizenship and that's about it. Dublin through and through apart from that.

Definitely stayin for the forseeable future cause I've a good job and as you say, there's feck all at home.

Hahaha, so good! I'm gonna learn the running man, find an old school club and dance to this and rhythm is a dancer. :pac: Flamboyant spandex? It could only be the 90's really....

Gorby's on a friday night does go pretty old school alright, might be worth a bash! have heard rhythm is a dancer in the recent past there.

Xavi, congrats on the mention, just read the article there, welcome to popular culture! Just dont forget us little people!

Gorby's playing music other than 'Put your hands up for detroit' or Rihanna's latest song?

donotwantis3.jpg

I'll believe it when I see it... I hate Gorby's, but once alchohol touches my mouth the desire for wimmins becomes so great that I'll end up there 50% of the time. The other 50% spent in one of the other crappy night clubs in cork. I can't wait to go to Berlin in January for the weekend, watergate is meant to be one of the coolest clubs in Europe!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Alright lads. Anyone know where's good(and/or cheap:P) to go out on a monday?(in Dublin)

We're hittin the dogs in Harolds cross first and then going into town but not sure where to go.(not 21's cos i fuckin hate that place) Would be more up for a porterhouse kind of buzz but no late bar on Monday's i don't think?

Redz still 2 euro a drink?

• Advertisement

Don't know if its even still open actually! Haven't heard anyone talkin about it in ages.Not really what i was lookin for but cheers anyway, spose it'll be hard to get somewhere that'll be cheap and not full of dickheads/**** music on a monday:pac:

[edit] oh actually that new Bondi in the city place just opened. Seems its €2 drinks there and it's supposed to be decent so that might do the trick. Anyone been there?

eZe^ wrote:
    Gorby's playing music other than 'Put your hands up for detroit' or Rihanna's latest song?

I'll believe it when I see it... I hate Gorby's, but once alchohol touches my mouth the desire for wimmins becomes so great that I'll end up there 50% of the time. The other 50% spent in one of the other crappy night clubs in cork. I can't wait to go to Berlin in January for the weekend, watergate is meant to be one of the coolest clubs in Europe!

If your going to Berlin, make absolutely sure you go to "Tacheles", a former shopping center in east berlin that got bombed alot and then taken over by artists and squatters. Now a bar there as well that sell cheap cheap beer and stays open all night. An artist who works next door who works with steal, welding etc (works out in the open too so you can see it being done during the day) built them a big dragon which is over the bar and shoots fire whenever they press a button. All in all pretty cool place. and again, cheap.

this is part of the outside section by day:
    tacheles%20chillin.jpg

and the whole building from further away by night
    2175345918_1e88a794bb.jpg

I'm never drinking again. Ever

I'm actually headin to Berlin in January too(well we're planning on doing it). It really is a class city, was there for a few days in august while inter railing and it blew me away. We went to one of the mad rave clubs Tresor which is in this massive old textile factory.

What's great though is how we were able to pre drink our piss cheap(and tasty) german beers til like half 2 before even thinking of heading out! Then just hop on an s bahn and stay in the club as long as you want before heading back to the hostel and having a chat with some friendly hookers along the way:pac:, Ireland could really learn a thing or two from them

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    If your going to Berlin, make absolutely sure you go to "Tacheles", a former shopping center in east berlin that got bombed alot and then taken over by artists and squatters. Now a bar there as well that sell cheap cheap beer and stays open all night. An artist who works next door who works with steal, welding etc (works out in the open too so you can see it being done during the day) built them a big dragon which is over the bar and shoots fire whenever they press a button. All in all pretty cool place. and again, cheap.

and the whole building from further away by night
    2175345918_1e88a794bb.jpg

ahh i remember that mural on the wall! We were staying just beside there and only discovered it on like our last night, though we weren't really sure what it was and didn't get to check it out properly, probably drunk too:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Yes it is:D

• Advertisement

Redz is a kip. Really hate that place.

Get FM working?

Just about to try again now

POsted a way in the thread in the Football Manager forum.

Have a look.

SantryRed wrote: »
    POsted a way in the thread in the Football Manager forum.

Have a look.

Yeah I saw it man cheers. I'll let you know if it works anyway

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement