Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Off Topic Thread & Off Topic Thread II - Collectors Edition Bumper Pack

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Still getting the fecking 703 error.
    This is the most fubared release of a game ever...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,677 ✭✭✭Chong

Frisbee wrote: »
    Still getting the fecking 703 error.
    This is the most fubared release of a game ever...
    Mine works , I am bloody addicted.

Mine only prob works though cause its on my Mac.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

playa3 wrote: »
    Alright lads. Anyone know where's good(and/or cheap:P) to go out on a monday?(in Dublin)

We're hittin the dogs in Harolds cross first and then going into town but not sure where to go.(not 21's cos i fuckin hate that place) Would be more up for a porterhouse kind of buzz but no late bar on Monday's i don't think?

Coppers is always a last resort :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

Chong wrote: »
    Mine works , I am bloody addicted.

Mine only prob works though cause its on my Mac.

Mac's for life. My Macbook Pro makes my life 200% better, no lie.

eZe^ wrote: »
    Mac's for life. My Macbook Pro makes my life 200% better, no lie.

Did you know that 67% of people will believe a quote if it has a percentage in it?

No, but I do know 80% of statistics are made up. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Did you know that 67% of people will believe a quote if it has a percentage in it?

That joke works 60% of the time, ALL OF THE TIME!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,238 ✭✭✭Gelio

I'm one of the 33%. LIAR

SexPanther.jpg

Contains real panther, so you know it's good.

90% of people will die at some stage in their lives

• Advertisement

90% of people will die at some stage in their lives

The other 10% being the silly sods who believe some man in the clouds will grant them eternal life? :D

Oh you are a crafty devil...

I'd rather blend my balls than go see it again.

I just saw it and really enjoyed it! but I was helped by never having played the game and not knowing what it was really about. The new bond girl and Mila Kunis being in it helped my enjoyment tbh!

I have the mother of weekend hangovers comin up I think. I feel a serious lack of endorphins comin on :(

The new bond girl and Mila Kunis being in it helped my enjoyment tbh!

Banging, After seeing forgetting Sarah Marshall Mila Kunis is always a good reason to watch a movie...

I just saw it and really enjoyed it! but I was helped by never having played the game and not knowing what it was really about. The new bond girl and Mila Kunis being in it helped my enjoyment tbh!

I have the mother of weekend hangovers comin up I think. I feel a serious lack of endorphins comin on :(

Mila Kunis was made look like a butch bodyguard! Olga was amazing, but come on, you enjoyed it? There was a bit where he gets out of the water,
    takes the drugs
    , jumps up and screams like the Hulk when he transforms, except it's red instead of green. It was terrible and you know it Neil!

Mila Kunis was made look like a butch bodyguard! Olga was amazing, but come on, you enjoyed it? There was a bit where he gets out of the water, takes the drugs, jumps up and screams like the Hulk when he transforms. It was terrible and you know it Neil!

Aww man use spoiler tags...

Aww man use spoiler tags...

Are you serious? Hahahahahaha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

Right lads , If I asked this in the gaming/consoles forum ,I would probably get a right answer but with a load of tech info which frankly will go over my head.
    (i am old )

Buying a console for a youth club I run

So XBOX 360 or PS3 ? Why ? (in English please)

Cheers in advance.

360;
    Much cheaper
    Better back library of games
    Better exclusive titles (GOW, Halo)
    These exclusive titles are more multiplayer orientated

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

360;
    Much cheaper
    Better back library of games
    Better exclusive titles (GOW, Halo)
    These exclusive titles are more multiplayer orientated

Thanks ,
    would there be any differance it picture quaility (going to be using console with projector and big screen ) and would using either this way make any differance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,052 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

the biggest advantage of PS3 really is BluRay and thats what your paying for too. In your case thats probably not so relevent. I went for an XBox largely due to price, but have been very happy with it. Its been out long enough that there are plenty of quality games available for in or abouts 30quid, Bioshock for example.

The picture quality will be better on a PS3 alright, but not by too much. If your projector is good quality, you should be grand. I set up my Xbox with a projector for a drunken ProEvo session last stevens day, covered the wall and was excellent. Since a projector won't be the same quality as a High Def TV, I'd say the difference between the XBox and PS3 would be negligible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,907 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Bah, just went get a drink from the can machine and pressed Coke Zero instead of regular Coke. Great start to the week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,052 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Bah, just went get a drink from the can machine and pressed Coke Zero instead of regular Coke. Great start to the week.

haven't tried coke zero actually, is it just like diet coke or what?

It's better than Diet....barely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭ITT-Pat

Xavi6 wrote: »
    It's better than Diet....barely.
    that cant be good...

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

ive a mate who was trying to "calm down" on the soft drinks and now he drinks about double the amount he did but its all diet coke. such a putrid drink

Here's something to get a smile on your face for the week. A thread of epic proportions -

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=111777031

Post 93 is amazing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭One Cold Hand

Lol!!!
    I'm not even going to ask how you came across that!

I'm afraid I can't take any credit. The Humour Forum pointed me in the right direction.

Mila Kunis was made look like a butch bodyguard! Olga was amazing, but come on, you enjoyed it? There was a bit where he gets out of the water,
    takes the drugs
    , jumps up and screams like the Hulk when he transforms, except it's red instead of green. It was terrible and you know it Neil!

That was a hallucination he was having, that wasn't meant to be real to everyone else. And it looked awesome!

Mornin lads, xavi...that thread....I could have done without but still very funny!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

I'm a little late on the 360 vs PS3 debate. I have both, but right now I'm leaning towards the PS3. I ended my Live subscription because you can get most of the same games for the PS3 and play for free online. Plus, Blu-Rays are mad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Does the xbox still sound like a jet engine or do you get used to it?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

It's not too bad - I just turn the sound up on the receiver to drown it out. No worse than being sat beside the PC playing a game and hearing the CPU and GFX fans spin up when the going gets tough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Des has been very quiet since various events occured at Tolka Park on Saturday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Jazzy wrote: »
    ive a mate who was trying to "calm down" on the soft drinks and now he drinks about double the amount he did but its all diet coke. such a putrid drink

Diet drinks are probably worse, think no sugar but 5 times the carcinogens. Apparently phenolanylene is stored in your body as formeldehyde although that could just be a lie someone told me.

monkey9 wrote: »
    Des has been very quiet since various events occured at Tolka Park on Saturday
    I expected him to rear his head at some stage but tbh the soccer forum is likely the last place he wants to be right now - especially given the fashion in which they were denied. Cruel way to lose it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

He's banned again I think:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

I expected him to rear his head at some stage but tbh the soccer forum is likely the last place he wants to be right now - especially given the fashion in which they were denied. Cruel way to lose it.

Cruel......but very, very funny!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

nicholson.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Des wrote: »
    nicholson.jpg
    Ah yes "The Shining", great film. Reminds me of that time last Saturday when Dundalk got promoted to the Premier Division thanks to Colin Scanlon's last minute equalizer. How's tricks Des?

• Advertisement

ah well thats monday over. hows the men?

Training tonight.
    Wrecked for some reason so not looking forward to the physical...

ITT-Pat wrote: »
    ah well thats monday over. hows the men?
    Still in work. That's how I f**kin am. :mad:
    Frisbee wrote:
    Training tonight.
    Wrecked for some reason so not looking forward to the physical...

How's the 21st go? Did you escape or was the allure of the yang wans in skimpy skirts too much for you?

Still in work. That's how I f**kin am. :mad:

leave. leave soon.

I am finished now at 7 and then straight down to 5-a-side. Going to take my anger out on some poor innocent lad on the opposite team.

I have had Footie Manager 3 days and its taking over my life.

Worst of all, I was managing Spurs, and won the Fa Cup, Pool sack Rafa for finishing 4th and they come a calling, so now I am the Pool Manager.

On a side note, has Charlie Mc Hugh come back yet?

Chong my mac loving buddy, how much did you purchase said game for? 40 bottle-caps?

Chong my mac loving buddy, how much did you purchase said game for? 40 bottle-caps?
    Si Si Cheech, 40 Pesetas!!!

IF only they released the mac update patch as the game is ridiculously riddled with issues, they already released one for Windows.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭OpenEnded

usually a bit of a lurker in here but since its quiet today, i thought i'd ask how was everyone's weekend?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement