Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Off Topic Thread & Off Topic Thread II - Collectors Edition Bumper Pack

Comments

OpenEnded wrote: »
    usually a bit of a lurker in here but since its quiet today, i thought i'd ask how was everyone's weekend?

Good,
    Liverpool kicking off early on Saturday mean't early boozing which meant falling around town later that night. Other then that and my hangover yesterday. No complaints. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

How's the 21st go? Did you escape or was the allure of the yang wans in skimpy skirts too much for you?

Ah was ok. Ended up in McGowans in Churchtown. All the lads said they'd go there but when I got there they'd f***ed off to Rio's... :(

Finally got Footie Manager working just before training there. Result

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

usually a bit of a lurker in here but since its quiet today, i thought i'd ask how was everyone's weekend?
    Quiet. Financial issues seem to be winning the war on on my social life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

Frisbee wrote: »
    Ah was ok. Ended up in McGowans in Churchtown.

People still go there?

Weekend was good. Quite night Friday watching the zig and zag dvd. Watched the Utd match and Ireland match sat followed by a drunked night in Diceys/Bojangels, Sunday was write off but watched UFC ppv.

People still go there?

Not many....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭ITT-Pat

was playing at a poker festival in the green isle all weekend. did no good in the friday tournament but each night of the the festival there was a free raffle where they would pick 4 names out of ~250, and the 4 people would go up to the stage and pick a one of the ladies holding an envelope. 3 of the the envelopes had €100 and the other had a €2500 package to vegas. so my name comes out first obv and naturally i pick the envelope with €100:(

so then the saturday tournament(which is the main event) rolls around and we played until 4.30am with 31 players left(including me) which i was very happy with. oh and also earlier in the evening i was again one of the 4 names picked out for the raffle, so i go up to the stage and pick the same lady as friday night and up she pops with the golden envelope and i'm off to vegas baby!:pac::pac::pac:

then on sunday i went into day 2 of the main event, ended up getting knocked out in 17th for €700

needless to say i was content with my weekend:cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

ITT-Pat wrote: »
    was playing at a poker festival in the green isle all weekend. did no good in the friday tournament but each night of the the festival there was a free raffle where they would pick 4 names out of ~250, and the 4 people would go up to the stage and pick a one of the ladies holding an envelope. 3 of the the envelopes had €100 and the other had a €2500 package to vegas. so my name comes out first obv and naturally i pick the envelope with €100:(

so then the saturday tournament(which is the main event) rolls around and we played until 4.30am with 31 players left(including me) which i was very happy with. oh and also earlier in the evening i was again one of the 4 names picked out for the raffle, so i go up to the stage and pick the same lady as friday night and up she pops with the golden envelope and i'm off to vegas baby!:pac::pac::pac:

then on sunday i went into day 2 of the main event, ended up getting knocked out in 17th for €700

I'm coming to Vegas with you right?

lol dont get me started on who i'm gonna bring!

lol dont get me started on who i'm gonna bring!

I'll get you started and finished;

eZe^.

Done.

ok i'll meet you at the airport. i'm not gonna tell ya when because if its meant to be, its meant to be

• Advertisement

Meant to be? I think you underestimate my detective skills. My name in real life is Columbo. I'll be there Pat, don't you worry.

That sounds like a whopper weekend.
    Well done!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,677 ✭✭✭Chong

Morning Folks!

I thought Id tell ya my story so far in Football Manager

This game makes no bloody sense, either that or I am doing something drastically wrong.

So I was managaing Spurs, doing ok mid table , happy days. Then , Pool sack Frank Rijkaard in March, having only hired him in December as Rafa left Juventus.

Pool approach me asking would I like to take charge of the club, I didnt want to quit Spurs in March as I still had the Fa Cup to play for. Anyways I accept but on the condition I can join the pool in May, they agree Happy Days for Appy Arry.

So I win the Fa Cup, all is well and I join Pool.

I have a nice transfer kitty so I bring in, Navarro, Lennon(as he was class at Spurs for me), I sign Robinho( This makes no sense got him for 22 mill, just after City Sacked Hughes), I also pick up a guy by the name of Chamaoukh from Bordeaux and finally fat Ronnie( signed him on a free in January and scored 13 goals for Spurs , so I signed him for pool for 1.25 mill and thought hed be good for the bench.

Now the strangeness begins, as I progress (note I am in October) my team gets a serious Injury every game, which makes no sense. Now I have hardly any first team left as most are out with long term injurys and I have a bench of kids.

First Team currently:

Kuyt - N'Gog

Riera-Plessis-Benayoun-Lennon

Navarro-Hyppia-Degen-Carra

Itandje

Ps: Playing as Appy Arry Redknapp

get yourself sacked and wait like David O'Leary. "just a little bit longer, soon my pretties, soon..."

get yourself sacked and wait like David O'Leary. "just a little bit longer, soon my pretties, soon..."
    Spurs incidentally just sacked my replacement Gus Poyet, so I reapplied for my old job and they werent interested, I have burnt my bridges. GUTTED!

I'll admit it's a game I could never get into. I know lads who are addicted (one in particular has 3 PCs running it simultaneously. But I could never get over the fact that it's a glorified spreadsheet.

I'll admit it's a game I could never get into. I know lads who are addicted (one in particular has 3 PCs running it simultaneously. But I could never get over the fact that it's a glorified spreadsheet.
    I can definately look at it as a glorified s, but thats the thing , its so bloody addictive.

One of few games where you can lob it on the laptop and play it all night whilst watching tv.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Feckin hell, driving in this morning and two horses were running around on the dual carriageway. Absolute mayhem. When we got to quieter roads they ran into a garden, didn't see them after that. Strangest thing I've seen on the road in a while.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Chong wrote: »
    Morning Folks!

This game makes no bloody sense, either that or I am doing something drastically wrong.

So I was managaing Spurs, doing ok mid table , happy days. Then , Pool sack Frank Rijkaard in March, having only hired him in December as Rafa left Juventus.

Pool approach me asking would I like to take charge of the club, I didnt want to quit Spurs in March as I still had the Fa Cup to play for. Anyways I accept but on the condition I can join the pool in May, they agree Happy Days for Appy Arry.

I have a nice transfer kitty so I bring in, Navarro, Lennon(as he was class at Spurs for me), I sign Robinho( This makes no sense got him for 22 mill, just after City Sacked Hughes), I also pick up a guy by the name of Chamaoukh from Bordeaux and finally fat Ronnie( signed him on a free in January and scored 13 goals for Spurs , so I signed him for pool for 1.25 mill and thought hed be good for the bench.

Now the strangeness begins, as I progress (note I am in October) my team gets a serious Injury every game, which makes no sense. Now I have hardly any first team left as most are out with long term injurys and I have a bench of kids.

First Team currently:

Kuyt - N'Gog

Itandje

My God, read a book, man. Go out for a walk. Just live, why won't you live!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,907 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Feckin hell, driving in this morning and two horses were running around on the dual carriageway. Absolute mayhem. When we got to quieter roads they ran into a garden, didn't see them after that. Strangest thing I've seen on the road in a while.

Wasn't these lads was it?

c880b5c745fbd1d69e890ff37c8de11e.jpg

• Advertisement

Morning Folks!

First Team currently:

Kuyt - N'Gog

Itandje

I'm feeling your pain man.
    Started with Arsenal, Fabregas and Diaby were out for two months. And Rosicky and Eduardo out for 5.

Fabregas finally comes back only to twist his knee in his third game, 3 months.

Clichy slipped a disc in his back - 2 months (And Traore is on loan at Pompey so Gibbs is my LB...)

Eboue twisted his knee aswell - 2 months

Walcott pulled his hamstring - 2 months

And to top it all off van Persie is being a moany bitch about me and won't play properly and Adebayor won't play with Bendtner.

Lads yis are doing it all wrong. Anyone can manage a big club with a big budget and good wage structure. Come back to me when you win the Champions League with Leyton Orient :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Wasn't these lads was it?

c880b5c745fbd1d69e890ff37c8de11e.jpg

just remembered a drunk debate one night

What the F**k was the horse's name in that Film.

Lads yis are doing it all wrong. Anyone can manage a big club with a big budget and good wage structure. :

Tell that to Mark Hughes

Lads yis are doing it all wrong. Anyone can manage a big club with a big budget and good wage structure. Come back to me when you win the Champions League with Leyton Orient :cool:

I'm thinking I'm going to have to start again with a small team before moving on to a big team. If your just a starting off manager your players really have very little respect for you.

Citeh are the best team I've played so far aswell. Could only just scrape a draw in the last few

Violent storms have torn across Australia's east coast, sweeping one man to his death, blowing roofs off houses and knocking out power to hundreds of thousands of buildings.

Sunday's weather dumped golf ball-sized hail and torrential rain, causing flash flooding and knocking out power to more than 230,000 homes and businesses along a 112-mile stretch of south-east Queensland state coastline.

More than 58,000 people still have no electricity.

More than two inches of rain soaked the region, with winds gusting up to 80 miles an hour, the Bureau of Meteorology reported.

"The only thing that has been anything like it is Cyclone Larry," said Queensland state premier Anna Bligh, referring to the category 5 storm that battered Queensland with 180 mph winds two years ago, devastating farming towns and flattening banana and sugar cane plantations.

A 20-year-old man and his 23-year-old friend who had climbed into a storm drain in Brisbane to photograph the storm were sucked downwards when the water suddenly rose.

Rescuers were able to pull the older man to safety, but the 20-year-old disappeared. His body was found hours later.

The state emergency services department reported it received more than 15,000 calls, mainly from people whose roofs were damaged by trees or strong winds.

In the Outback town of Alice Springs, hundreds of tourists were stranded in a separate weekend storm after some areas saw up to four inches of rain, which flooded several main roads.

Xavi, you're better off moving back to Ireland, if only for the weather

ROCKMAN wrote: »

What film??

monkey9 wrote: »
    Xavi, you're better off moving back to Ireland, if only for the weather

You do realise that the weather over east affects me as much as the weather in Russia affects Ireland right?!

26 degrees and pure sun for me today.

You do realise that the weather over east affects me as much as the weather in Russia affects Ireland right?!

26 degrees and pure sun for me today.

I did not know that!

Why, were are you??

• Advertisement

Perth which in the west. It takes 6 hours to fly to the east coast.

There's 3279km between here and Sydney.

monkey9 wrote: »
    What film??

Xavi6 's photo was from the film " Into the West " I think.
    Was trying to think of the name of the horse , Think was an Irish name .

Tir na nOg wasn't it?

ROCKMAN wrote: »

TIR NA OG

Tir na nOg wasn't it?

Ding Ding Ding Ding Ding.

Ladies and Gentlemen we have a winner!

Tayyyytoooooo, ah to be in primary school again.

• Advertisement

I'm thinking I'm going to have to start again with a small team before moving on to a big team. If your just a starting off manager your players really have very little respect for you.

Citeh are the best team I've played so far aswell. Could only just scrape a draw in the last few
    I strongly believe the game is completely flawed, with the amount of injuires in the game.

I once played to 2022-2023, managed Dagenham and Redbridge to 3 consecutive CL finals and won the premier league 5 times.

Loved that game , think it was the FM game of the series after Championship Manager.

Ding Ding Ding Ding Ding.

Ladies and Gentlemen we have a winner!
    I loved it when they went in to the shop and bought nothing but Chocolate and Beans.

eZe^ wrote: »
    Tayyyytoooooo, ah to be in primary school again.
    Morning Cheech!

I actually thought you were Spanish lol.

Or when the younger brother is drowning in the sea and the ghost of his mother guides him back to the surface.
    Emotional times

Tir na nOg wasn't it?
    TIR NA OG

Thanks lads

Drunk debate was

Tir na og or Ma-kus-a (forgive spelling ) Irish for "my love "

aHHHHHH TAYTO

• Advertisement

Morning Cheech!

I actually thought you were Spanish lol.

I'm part Spanish, lived in Tenerife and Barcelona as a kid for a few years!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,052 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Hey folks, my very first new job post! Wooh! \o/

Have full freedom to use the net when not on calls, which is pretty kickass, though have training for the next 4 weeks so wont get to use it too much.

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    Hey folks, my very first new job post! Wooh! \o/

Have full freedom to use the net when not on calls, which is pretty kickass, though have training for the next 4 weeks so wont get to use it too much.

Your right that is pretty kickass! Imagine not having Boards in work... :eek:

I imagine it would be just like this :

Gimme the bat, gimme the bat, gimme the bat bat bat! :D

NO Will be a brief dowtime happening shortly, expected 5 mins. Thanks. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

Five whole minutes. FIVE!!!! Are people gonna work for those five minutes?

5 minutes = 1 hour usually

NO Will be a brief dowtime happening shortly, expected 5 mins. Thanks. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

BEIGE ALERT! BEIGE ALERT!

If I die, tell my Wife, Hello.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Your right that is pretty kickass! Imagine not having Boards in work... :eek:

:eek::eek:

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement