Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Off Topic Thread & Off Topic Thread II - Collectors Edition Bumper Pack

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

Well get ready for it boys because its about to happen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,677 ✭✭✭Chong

Frisbee wrote: »
    BEIGE ALERT! BEIGE ALERT!

If I die, tell my Wife, Hello.
    Fair play it came back fast today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,907 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Damn feckin Katy Perry and her catchy new song :mad: I shouldn't like it but I do :o

Afternoon laddies,

Any craic?! How does one pay their M50 toll nowadays!? I drove through the fecking thing 3 times last nite :(

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

Afternoon laddies,

Any craic?! How does one pay their M50 toll nowadays!? I drove through the fecking thing 3 times last nite :(

http://eflow.ie/

'Pay As You Go'

For unregistered customers, your vehicle number plate is recorded each time you pass the toll point.

You must pay for the journey before 8pm the following day.

Payment is easy - you can pay online here or use our call centre (LoCall 1890 50 10 50) or through Payzone branded outlets nationwide.
    Pay Now

Anyone know the best place to look for PS3 console bargains?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

As in games?

Or a console?

Check out Pigsback, there's a competition for one at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Damn feckin Katy Perry and her catchy new song :mad: I shouldn't like it but I do :o

Same, it's really really catchy.
    Afternoon laddies,

3 times? Did you just give up and stay on the far side and not come home then? :p

Des wrote: »
    As in games?

Or a console?

Check out Pigsback, there's a competition for one at the moment.

console and i never win comps

• Advertisement

Frisbee wrote: »
    Same, it's really really catchy.

3 times? Did you just give up and stay on the far side and not come home then? :p

Last time I went around the toll! :pac:

Last time I went around the toll! :pac:

That's the spirit. Only used it for one round trip since the new system has come in, completely forgot I had to pay the next day...

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Afternoon folks I have not been around much lately did I miss much..?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

If we speak about it we will probably get banned. Some mod on here got insulted apparently, can't take any criticism imo.

I am well aware of all the issues,I was wondering if I mussed much on this thread.

RasTa wrote: »
    If we speak about it we will probably get banned. Some mod on here got insulted apparently, can't take any criticism imo.

:rolleyes:
    Dub13 wrote: »
    I am well aware of all the issues,I was wondering if I mussed much on this thread.

Not a whole lot. The usual meaningless drivel :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Not too much. No quality banter topic ina while.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

RasTa wrote: »
    Sand in whos vagina???? What'd I miss?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

I signed it just to annoy Xavi6

• Advertisement

Des wrote: »
    I signed it just to annoy Xavi6

LOL....

Ha! A whopping 4 signatures.

I fucking hate that clown.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭ITT-Pat

virtually impossible to dislike despite being a wimmin song

adverts.ie
    console and i never win comps

i seem to be the master at comps these days, i might show ya some time

Ha! A whopping 4 signatures.

I fucking hate that clown.
    Who's Ken Early?

Football Manager Update:

So I continued on last night with the pool, gradually getting worse, with nothing but a youth squad left as a result of injuries, I lose 3 games on the trot and I am shown the door.

As it just so happens the day I am given the boot Spurs sack Frank de Boer as their manager and then welcome me back with open arms, DELIGHTED.

When I join them they are 14th, I am now in March, and I am 7th with a gap of 9 points between 7th and 1st. I have won the league cup , in the 6th round of Fa Cup, Quarters I think of Uefa Cup and still challenging for the league.

A complete change of fortunes. Appy Arry lives on !

Sounds rigged tbh.

Sounds rigged tbh.
    Trust me everything in this game sounds rigged, I have never played a more Fubar'ed Football Manager.

Who's Ken Early?

A wanker on Newstalk.

Why is it only Irish people who break out their replica shirts in defeat?

A wanker on Newstalk.

Think it's the whole "I sing when we're losing too" statement.

Well this whole Munster thing is ridiculous. Reserves lost to reserves in an exhibition and it's, to paraphrase the rugger forum, "in my top 3 sporting moments of all time". Please :rolleyes:

I saw 5 Munster jerseys on my lunch today. In Perth! Where are they when the province slumps to a defeat in the Magners?

• Advertisement

A wanker on Newstalk.

You talking about any particular sport or all sports?

I'm guessing you seen a load of Munster jerseys going around last night or something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭DeadSkin

Reserves vs Reserves, was an excellent match. Beat the Ireland/All Black game the weekend hands down.

Well this whole Munster thing is ridiculous. Reserves lost to reserves in an exhibition and it's, to paraphrase the rugger forum, "in my top 3 sporting moments of all time". Please :rolleyes:

I saw 5 Munster jerseys on my lunch today. In Perth! Where are they when the province slumps to a defeat in the Magners?

What time was the match on in Perth? Maybe they were out watching it.

What time was the match on in Perth? Maybe they were out watching it.

This afternoon. Roughly 1pm Perth time so that's 4am Irish time. The game would have been on at about 4am our time and I doubt there was anywhere open and showing it at that hour.

This afternoon. Roughly 1pm Perth time so that's 4am Irish time. The game would have been on at about 4am our time and I doubt there was anywhere open and showing it at that hour.

No but I know some places like the Elephant and Wheelbarrow or Rosie O'Gradys will tape it and then show it first thing in the morning. So fans could have just avoided the result in the morning and then gone and watched it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,052 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

yeah i was a bit befuddled by the radio reports this morning, jubilantly celebrating the match last night. Kept saying "30 years on from that famous New Zealand defeat, Munster almost caused another upset! Magnificent! Incredible! Phenomenal!"

I mean, it was good enough and everything...but we still lost...

You should hear the sh1te this morning about it Xavi, you're lucky u live in Oz.

Great Munster performance I'll give them that but they were playing entire team of reserves and the Kiwi Munstermen (Mafi, Howlett etc) and every player in red all played like their lives depended on it while the Kiwis for a large part, went through the motions. Don't get me wrong, great performance, they can be proud, but "top 3 sporting moments"? Please.

How's everyone today!?!

I just read the rugby thread and some of the quotes are funny but I think the quote has been taken the wrong way. The poster said

"That's up there in my top 3 all time sporting occasions I have ever witnessed."

I believe they meant top 3 sporting occasions they have actually been present at. For all we know they have only been at two other sporting events in their life.

I just read the rugby thread and some of the quotes are funny but I think the quote has been taken the wrong way. The poster said

"That's up there in my top 3 all time sporting occasions I have ever witnessed."

I believe they meant top 3 sporting occasions they have actually been present at. For all we know they have only been at two other sporting events in their life.

Possiblay but it's hard to see through all the arrogance over there to be honest. I respect the hell out of Munster rugby but I really have grown to despise their supporters so I'm not exactly gonna look to deep past that kind of crap to be fair, I openly admit I'm biased and i happily admit I celebrated Big Joes try in the last minute!

Anyone wondering why I would cheer a foreign team over an Irish province btw I'll answer that in 3 words: "Alone It Stands"

• Advertisement

Possiblay but it's hard to see through all the arrogance over there to be honest. I respect the hell out of Munster rugby but I really have grown to despise their supporters so I'm not exactly gonna look to deep past that kind of crap to be fair, I openly admit I'm biased and i happily admit I celebrated Big Joes try in the last minute!

Anyone wondering why I would cheer a foreign team over an Irish province btw I'll answer that in 3 words: "Alone It Stands"
    I am a Munster fan, a long time one too but I dont subscribe to the hype that surrounds, as fan before the hype, its impossible for me to get a ticket without shelling out insane amounts of money, and for all my love I am not going to do that.

IMHO it pisses me off when you see everyone wearing the jersey, its BS, especially majority people havent a bloody clue about the game or Munster. Thats speaking on what goes on down here in Limerick.

I love Munster, I love how they play, but FFS the sh!te that now surrounds them is PISH.

Munsters has become MONSTER, its a machine, money making machine.

I agree the game was excellent last night, but I can see the wood from the trees, both teams were understrenght, coupled with the fact Munster were like a walking wounded side and the NZ team that turned out were poor at best , in most part showed sod all interest.

Real Munster fans will agree on that, they would have loved to see two full strength squads hammer each but alas we did get a good game. Then you have all these numpties saying "it was a great occasion the lads played their heart etc etc" GTFO, Munster could barely stand up toward the end, then the man who was a hero throughout fupped up the last opportunity.

Chong wrote: »
    I am a Munster fan, a long time one too but I dont subscribe to the hype that surrounds, as fan before the hype, its impossible for me to get a ticket without shelling out insane amounts of money, and for all my love I am not going to do that.

IMHO it pisses me off when you see everyone wearing the jersey, its BS, especially majority people havent a bloody clue about the game or Munster. Thats speaking on what goes on down here in Limerick.

I love Munster, I love how they play, but FFS the sh!te that now surrounds them is PISH.

Munsters has become MONSTER, its a machine, money making machine.

On the lift in work yesterday a girl talkin to her friend about the match said "Yes it'll be a great night, its 13 years since we beat them so we'll go and do it again now".....

Followed it up with her opinions on the team and she, frankly, hadn't a clue. She then ended with some sh1te about how "Leinster could never do something like that" forgetting Leinsters wins over the Aussies in the past......

I didn't even bother.

On the lift in work yesterday a girl talkin to her friend about the match said "Yes it'll be a great night, its 13 years since we beat them so we'll go and do it again now".....

Followed it up with her opinions on the team and she, frankly, hadn't a clue. She then ended with some sh1te about how "Leinster could never do something like that" forgetting Leinsters wins over the Aussies in the past......

I didn't even bother.
    Its all c0ck , people like that wreck my head Neil, I dont even think you could call them bandwagon followers.

Oh ya thats what they were babbling on about after the match last night, saying Leinster would have never put up a fight like this, what a load of tosh!

Neil wrote:

Ah the old slag off other teams to prove a point about your own team method. The last resort of any spiteful fan that really hasn't a balls notion.

Well I've gone and stirred the shit over there now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

I love how Leinster fans look down on Munster fans so much still. Did you ever think that maybe the fact that it was the official opening of the new Thomond and that it was one of the best fan atmospheres I've ever heard at any sporting event. This game may have just been an exhibition match, but considering the history alot of the fans wanted to make an occasion of it, big deal. Munsters win over the All Blacks in 78 is one of the biggest results in their history, why be bitter that a new generation of supporters wanted to possibly see a win over them again.

Also, the sportmanship of the All Blacks only served to make the game that bit more enjoyable, considering how commercial sports games have become. The fact that it was two under strength playing in a game that meant nothing (in a sporting sense) didn't mean it was a special spectacle, it was the opening of the new stadium, the amazing atmosphere created by the fans, the New Zealand boys on the Munster side doing the haka, the sportsmanship shown by the opposition and the fact that it was an enjoyable game of rugby. It doesn't have to be the knockout stages of a major tournament for a game to be enjoyable ffs.

So a fan said to you that Leinster wouldn't have played like that against that All Blacks team, big f*cking deal, the amount of Leinster fans that said Munster wouldn't have had a hope against Toulouse away(3 seasons ago), and that Leinster helped win the cup for Munster. That's a much steeper claim.

Maybe Leinster fans should be concerned more about their own team instead of being bitter and trying to tarnish anything Munster fans find enjoyable.

Meh I'm impartial to Leinster as well.

As I said in the rugger forum, it's an insult to the winning team of 78 to be lumped in with a bunch of reserves who lost to, wait for it, a bunch of reserves. The two are incomparable yet that is exactly what people are doing.

Not necessarily eZe^. You see I've been to every Leinster vs Munster match played in Dublin in the last 7 or 8 years bar one I think and I've found the Munster fans are just getting worse and worse. Most Leinster fans I know have at some stage supported Munster when leinster weren't playing but in the last few years that support has completely dissolved. Before the semi at Lansdowne I had this fat sack of sh*t trying to start a fight with about 4 people in the back of the East stand just for the sake of it. The lads he was havin a go at (he was about 40) were at the oldest 16 or 17. Myself and my mate intervened trying to calm him down and he turned around on me then and started into this rant of how I'm "nothing more than a Leinster bastid". Needless tbh. I had another lad, who I'd never met, call me a w.a.nker and try to bump into me as he walked by me because, God forbid as I was going to the match and all, I was wearing a Leinster jersey. And worst of all at the last one i was at 2 drunken muppets having a go at a 10 year old kid because he was chanting for Leinster (the kids Dad ended up in a row with them and then had to leave because they didn't stop despite half the stand tellin them to cop on). Munster fans have as much of a chip in the shoulder towards us as we do them. In fact, I used to support Munster whenever they weren't playing Leinster until myself and my dad one year watched a Leinster match in a bar in Cork and saw the entire pub cheering for the English team they were playing.

I've no love for the muppet element of Leinsters support either. But they tend to be more clueless than obnoxious. They're there for the fact that they can say they were there rather than the match but at least they don't hide it. I hate those D4 @rsejockeys as much as the next guy but I also support the province I'm from and make no apologies.

It was a great atmosphere. The double haka was awesome. Munster played out of their skins and were unlucky to come out of the game with nothing. Thomand Park is a great venue and their supporters make a lot of noise. But that was it, a great game of rugby in an exhibition match with weakened teams. No need to start making plays about it and prattling on about it for the next 30 years. Fair play to munster, they showed more passion than the national team did but don't forget if NZ played the same 15 that played on Sat then Munster in all likelihood wouldn't have gotten a sniff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

No need to start making plays about it and prattling on about it for the next 30 years.

There's the Leinster shoulder chip again. Who said we'd be prattling on about it in 30 years. It hasn't even been 30 hours and Leinster fans are already tarnishing it. The game will clearly be forgotten about in a couple of weeks, but at least let some supporters enjoy what was an awesome occasion for a couple of days. Instead of coming over and saying 'omg it was two reserve teams in an exhibition match, nothing to get excited about'. Sports fans will always make hyperbolic statements like 'THAT WAS THE BEST EVER'. Spurs supporters nearly died when they drew 4-4 with arsenal, a team they play twice EVERY year, Xavi6 was going crazy when City beat Utd twice in one season. That's a major aspect of sport.

And what you said about Munster fans is irrelevant really, Leinster fans are just as bad when they come to Musgrave park, throwing stones at some of the houses surrounding the stadium just because we are 'a bunch of culchie bastards'. You get stupid fans supporting any team in the world.

And I don't really care if Leinster supporters don't support us when we play against other sides, I wouldn't let opposition fans cause me to stop supporting Irish rugby, I have no problem supporting Leinster whenever they aren't playing Munster, Connacht or Ulster, and I do, I was glad they smashed Wasps a few weeks ago. It's a bit stupid that you stopped supporting Munster because a couple of people that you didn't know at a bar supported the team playing Leinster, as if it was highly insulting or something. It's a big rivalry, sh*t like that is bound to happen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Well said eZe. Last nights game was an absolutely fantastic spectacle and for atmosphere and excitement alone it bettered almost anything I've seen this year. Who gives a crap if neither side put out their best teams.

We're not talking Carling Cup stroll in the park here. It was thirty odd men given their absolute all to the cause putting their bodies on the line time and time again. To watch that and be able to respond with a "meh" attitude amazes me. And to say New Zealand were only going through the motions is bollocks as well and shows a lack of understanding of the game. Henry's job would have been on the line had he lost this game and the fact he threw on a few of his big guns in the last quarter of the match underlines this.

Shame on the naysayers.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement