Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Off Topic Thread & Off Topic Thread II - Collectors Edition Bumper Pack

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭Im_No_Superman

Mr Alan wrote: »
    never even heard of the car.

evora is a place in Portugal afaik.

sweet looking car though.
    Very sweet looking car.

Who knows someday after a couple of number one albums you will be driving down Evora road in your Lotus Evora and taking your holidays in Evora Portugal. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Very sweet looking car.

Who knows someday after a couple of number one albums you will be driving down Evora road in your Lotus Evora and taking your holidays in Evora Portugal. :D

Hasn't got a patch on the Lamborgotti Fastorossa!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,677 ✭✭✭Chong

Al's new band: The Fastorossa! or The Testarossa. :D

Stayed in college till seven only for the tutorial to be cancelled to next week.
    Not a happy camper atm...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,608 ✭✭✭themont85

Frisbee wrote: »
    Stayed in college till seven only for the tutorial to be cancelled to next week.
    Not a happy camper atm...

**** one mate. I remember when i was in college the cnuts did it to me a few times.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=356185163

the two tracks we were recording a few weeks ago are up here if anyone is interested (first one aint mastered yet)

"The Evora"-thats us.

Wow Mr Alan, I'm impressed, I really am. That's the best I've heard from an Irish unsigned group to date.

MORNING Peoples!

Man that Katy Perry song wont get out my head.

At least she is damn Hot.

Morning lads. How's the form?

9am labs on a Thursday. What kind of sick bastard came up with this idea?

Could be worse , could be stuck in work on boards, oh no wait thats not too bad :D

Chong wrote: »
    Could be worse , could be stuck in work on boards, oh no wait thats not too bad :D

Yeah instead I'm stuck in college on Boards... :p
    The Assignments are starting to rack up now though, gonna have to knuckle down

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

Better than on a Monday.

Not bad today. Glad the week is nearly over though.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

I would give my right arm to be back in college. Drive past it every morning and see all the bum students strolling in without a care in the world and seeing all the chicks that make a ridiculous amount of effort to look good for college. I end up thinking; I should go back and show my appreciation for their efforts. Sigh.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Morrning folks.

seeing all the chicks that make a ridiculous amount of effort to look good for college. I end up thinking; I should go back and show my appreciation for their efforts.

Tell you what.
    I'll just show double appreciation for the both of us...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,052 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

I would give my right arm to be back in college. Drive past it every morning and see all the bum students strolling in without a care in the world and seeing all the chicks that make a ridiculous amount of effort to look good for college. I end up thinking; I should go back and show my appreciation for their efforts. Sigh.

absolutely! I miss :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

Decided to skip my thermodynamics lecture this morning so I could get an extra hour or two in bed and finish my lab report that has to be handed up for 3. I hate 100% continuous assessment modules tbh, it means that you have stress for the whole semester, whereas otherwise you'd only be stressing in April/ May when the panic exam study kicks in.

eZe^ wrote: »
    Decided to skip my thermodynamics lecture this morning so I could get an extra hour or two in bed and finish my lab report that has to be handed up for 3. I hate 100% continuous assessment modules tbh, it means that you have stress for the whole semester, whereas otherwise you'd only be stressing in April/ May when the panic exam study kicks in.

I'd be the complete opposite. Prefer CA to one big exam as it means if you feck up on the day you can still pass.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭DeadSkin

eZe^ wrote: »

Thermodynamics, came over all sweaty and got serious flashbacks there for a few minutes. Part of my course in college years ago, tough goin it was too.
    On the subject of being back in college, I don't think I could, Thermodynamics being one of them and possibly being too old :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

Im a bigger fan of relaxing throughout the year and then pulling 1 month of ridiculous study. It allows me to enjoy my other 11 months as I'm not continuously worried about the assignment I have to hand in every Thursday/ Friday.
    DeadSkin wrote: »
    Thermodynamics, came over all sweaty and got serious flashbacks there for a few minutes. Part of my course in college years ago, tough goin it was too.
    On the subject of being back in college, I don't think I could, Thermodynamics being one of them and possibly being too old :pac:

Ya man, Thermodynamics is one of my harder modules, I think it's a good bit more difficult than quantum mechanics as it has the added bonus of being boring. C++ is another one I'm having alot of difficulty with too, considering none of us have ever done programming, and after a few weeks our lecturer has given us an assignment that 2nd year CS students would have alot of trouble doing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Morning folks.

Al, I only heard "Painted" on that site, which other track is up there?

• Advertisement

Mornin lads,

Charlie u dirty lurkmeister, I read your email at home this morning but I cant access that in work so Ill write back to ya later! Charlie is lyin low until the rules of this thread are laid down.

How's the form with everyone today!? Got my blood tests back, no problems so I'm delighted. He thinks it was a mild chest infection but tis gone now anyway so alls well.

Does anyone know when TDK is out on DVD?!

programmedevil.jpg

Oh no. More TDK talk now. Don't tell me we have to go through all of that again for the DVD release?!

Really want to see that movie 'Quarantine'.
    It will probably be an epic failfest but it looks good...

Oh no. More TDK talk now. Don't tell me we have to go through all of that again for the DVD release?!

U better believe it. Me thinks it should be out right on time for xmas!! :pac:

Was me birthday yesterday.

Got The Royle Family DVD Set and some Tea off herself, and some Pipe Tobacco.

Going into me mother's tonight to see what the family got for me.

I asked me dad for one of them free tv boxes, so hopefully that comes through.

I'll be moving house after Xmas and the place I'm moving to doesn't have any sports channels :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

sounds rough desmond.

belated happy birthday.

the two tracks are up on that site btw.

the two tracks are up on that site btw.

I only heard Painted, what's the other one?

Happy late Birthday Des.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,907 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Happy Birthday Desmond. Next one's the big 3-0! :pac:

Some solid choons you have there Al. Got an EP you can post me over?

Des wrote: »
    I asked me dad for one of them free tv boxes, so hopefully that comes through.

Yeah Happy Birthday man.
    And those boxes are savage, don't know how I ever got by with just Setanta Ireland...

Al I didnt get round to listening to that last nite but will do tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

what's the other one?

Shelter, its there. It was down for a while last night though.
    Xavi6 wrote: »
    Some solid choons you have there Al. Got an EP you can post me over?

thanks. that was our first time in studio-and all we have recorded at the minute.gonna go again soon i think and then i'll post you something over when we get it.

I have five already I think. :cool:

Each one better than the last.

Al is going to be famous.

He better not forget us.

He better not forget us.

I'm sure we'll get a mention in a biography in 30 years when he gets to his aged deep and reminiscent stage of his musical career.

• Advertisement

Will he continue to post here though?

:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,907 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

I'm gonna pursue a career in music journalism just so I can slate his debut release* :cool:

(* Not with Hotpress though cause that's bent)

Xavi6 wrote: »

(* Not with Hotpress though cause that's bent)

hotpress music reviews are about as trustworthy as metro's film reviews! :pac:

Q Magazine used to be cool, but they sold out about five years ago.

Q Magazine used to be cool, but they sold out about five years ago.

They all sell out eventually. Look at MTV.

• Advertisement

South Park is amazing.
    It's like a fine wine. One of the only shows that is getting better with age.
    Pandemic, The China Probrem, The Barrack episode.
    They're all absolutely top quality television..

Anyone else watching Season 12?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Really want to see that movie 'Quarantine'.
    It will probably be an epic failfest but it looks good...
    You should watch the original, [Rec]. Quarantine is supposedly a shot-for-shot remake, so it should be pretty much the same. Great show.
    U better believe it. Me thinks it should be out right on time for xmas!! :pac:
    Yep, December 8th I believe. Gonna pre-order my blu-ray soon :D
    South Park is amazing.

I'm watching it and there have been some gems. The Barrack episode as you say was terrific. Overall though I don't think it has been as consistent as the last few seasons.

I'm watching it and there have been some gems. The Barrack episode as you say was terrific. Overall though I don't think it has been as consistent as the last few seasons.

The first half was poor aside from the over-logging episode. However the last few episodes have been comedy gold

Over logging was one of the greatest things I've ever watched...."It's an ectoplasm"! :pac:

South Park is my favourite TV show. There is a misconception that its gotten miles better. Remember "Sexual harrassment Panda?" - Season 3 I belive, as well as Cat Orgy and some other classics. It's gotten more un-PC over time, making it great but it's always been hilarious tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

South Park is amazing.

They've had some awfully sh*tty episodes in the last 2 series imo. They've run out of good things to satire so now are just picking random popular culture. The Pandemic episode was class though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

I loved the first half of Pandemic, but the second was awfully disappointing IMO.

Over logging was one of the greatest things I've ever watched...."It's an ectoplasm"! :pac:

South Park is my favourite TV show. There is a misconception that its gotten miles better. Remember "Sexual harrassment Panda?" - Season 3 I belive, as well as Cat Orgy and some other classics. It's gotten more un-PC over time, making it great but it's always been hilarious tbh.

There was a whole bunch of ghosts!
    I loved the first half of Pandemic, but the second was awfully disappointing IMO.

Yeah true. I really liked Craig over the course of the two episodes. He was just so no nonsense and straight to the point. Quality

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

And for no apparant reason here is a picture:

355902974a9449604526l.jpg

Black Hawk Down is on. Fantastic.
    Was just thinking the other day I hadn't seen this movie in a while and I'd like to see it again.

Just watched over logging on stansdad.com

Good laugh.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement