Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Off Topic Thread & Off Topic Thread II - Collectors Edition Bumper Pack

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Des wrote: »
    Yeah, we know, you worthless piece of garbage.

Damn it, every grammatical error i'm making this week, you're pouncing on it like Ntlbell on a Liverpool defeat!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭ITT-Pat

you're in for it now neil

ITT-Pat wrote: »
    you're in for it now neil

Me? Wat I do!

you'll see...

I saw! Ban hammer is being prepared! :P Editowned!

I notice the advice given so far is exactly what I was goin for!

heh! nah i didnt lost money betting on couture, just opportunity cost as i was told lesnar @ evens was great value

And I'm home, half hour commute, nice! And i coulda been quicker but I pulled in to make a phonecall!

EDIT: Xavi, you got sigpowned again!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

Just back from the cinema, went to see quarantine. Scariest movie I've ever seen, I hate horrors, so I avoid the worst ones, but my friends invited me today and I had no idea about the movie. It's filmed like Cloverfield, but I was genuinely frightened the whole movie. I'm sure there is much scarier movies out there, I just plan on not seeing them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

eZe^ wrote: »
    Just back from the cinema, went to see quarantine. Scariest movie I've ever seen, I hate horrors, so I avoid the worst ones, but my friends invited me today and I had no idea about the movie. It's filmed like Cloverfield, but I was genuinely frightened the whole movie. I'm sure there is much scarier movies out there, I just plan on not seeing them.

Just back from seeing it myself.
    It was scary but that's not what got to me. I can't explain it. I was just unnerved throughout.
    Scariest bit for me though was definitely:
    When the cameraman went up into the attic to see what was there and the face just flew at you

That bit scared the crap outta me...

• Advertisement

Frisbee wrote: »
    Just back from seeing it myself.
    It was scary but that's not what got to me. I can't explain it. I was just unnerved throughout.
    Scariest bit for me though was definitely:
    When the cameraman went up into the attic to see what was there and the face just flew at you

That bit scared the crap outta me...

The entire movie is unnerving, I was uncomfortable watching it, the shakey cam atmosphere was class. It's based on REC, a Catalan horror movie, the only difference is in REC at the end they actually explain the final penthouse scene.

The entire movie is unnerving, I was uncomfortable watching it, the shakey cam atmosphere was class. It's based on REC, a Catalan horror movie, the only difference is in REC at the end they actually explain the final penthouse scene.

Not sure if this will give anything away so spoiler tagging my whole post: :D
    Yeah I would have liked an explanation alright, but I think it's kinda good the way we didn't get one, makes it creepier. The bit where Scott is bashing your one's head in with the camera had everyone in the cinema in stitches, lightened the tone, before f***ing you up again.
    Few things I didnt get though was:

How come the little girl changed so fast when it took everyone else a while? I know she had it longer, but she didnt do any of the frothing at the mouth or spazzing the others did. Just went from completely normal to zombie-state.

Why did the first auld bird throw the fireman over the rail? They were more interested in eating them than random murder. Unless he went over in a struggle.

When Angela was looking through the old guys apartment for the keys ya think Scott would have helped Jake kill off the dude attacking him instead of trying to help her find keys?!

Did the press not see the Indian guy when he opened the window?

Why oh Why didn't they keep the white cops gun when he was injured?

Are the infected able to come back from the dead considering the cop shot the old lady three times and then she popped back up only to get sledgehammered.

The black cop knew what was wrong with the girl. He knew she was gonna try bite him. Yet he holds his hand out to her, puts his face in close then turns to the camera to talk, baring his neck to her? Seriously, just pop a cap in her knee or something and inject her!!

Some small things, maybe I'm being a bit pedantic, but overall I really enjoyed it.

It's based on REC, a Catalan horror movie, the only difference is in REC at the end they actually explain the final penthouse scene.

Just looked up the summary of that movie. Glad they left it unexplained in Quarantine now. Bit farfetched. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,907 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

EDIT: Xavi, you got sigpowned again!

Lol. I got away with it longer than expected!

Not sure if this will give anything away so spoiler tagging my whole post: :D
    Yeah I would have liked an explanation alright, but I think it's kinda good the way we didn't get one, makes it creepier. The bit where Scott is bashing your one's head in with the camera had everyone in the cinema in stitches, lightened the tone, before f***ing you up again.
    Few things I didnt get though was:

How come the little girl changed so fast when it took everyone else a while? I know she had it longer, but she didnt do any of the frothing at the mouth or spazzing the others did. Just went from completely normal to zombie-state.

Why did the first auld bird throw the fireman over the rail? They were more interested in eating them than random murder. Unless he went over in a struggle.

When Angela was looking through the old guys apartment for the keys ya think Scott would have helped Jake kill off the dude attacking him instead of trying to help her find keys?!

Did the press not see the Indian guy when he opened the window?

Why oh Why didn't they keep the white cops gun when he was injured?

Are the infected able to come back from the dead considering the cop shot the old lady three times and then she popped back up only to get sledgehammered.

The black cop knew what was wrong with the girl. He knew she was gonna try bite him. Yet he holds his hand out to her, puts his face in close then turns to the camera to talk, baring his neck to her? Seriously, just pop a cap in her knee or something and inject her!!
    Some small things, maybe I'm being a bit pedantic, but overall I really enjoyed it.

I'm not sure about the kid, maybe the virus manifests itself differently in children?

The fireman was bitten by the old lady, and in the struggle he fell off the balcony.

Also there was so many windows on the building that the press crew probably didnt notice.

They definitely should have tried to get that guys M4 assault rifle too, they didnt utilise their firearms well enough!

The black cop had a vaccine or something to give to her, so he was probably hoping to inject her before getting owned.

I can honestly say if I was in that position these are the two option I would take;

1. Let the snipers around the building shoot and kill me.

2. Get the cops gun and kill myself.

No lie.

I'm not sure about the kid, maybe the virus manifests itself differently in children?

The fireman was bitten by the old lady, and in the struggle he fell off the balcony.

Also there was so many windows on the building that the press crew probably didnt notice.

They definitely should have tried to get that guys M4 assault rifle too, they didnt utilise their firearms well enough!

The black cop had a vaccine or something to give to her, so he was probably hoping to inject her before getting owned.

I can honestly say if I was in that position these are the two option I would take;

1. Let the snipers around the building shoot and kill me.

2. Get the cops gun and kill myself.

No lie.

Yeah those are two very nice options. I would have tried throwing myself out a window right in front of the press so they'd know the military were lieing.

The M4 would have been nice but he was in the room with Fletcher and the cop and the vet and the other Hazmat guy so that was kind of unattainable.

Yeah he was trying to help her, I wouldn't have taken my eyes of her for a second though. Or at least knocked her out before trying to inject her.

Remember when Scott killedthe infected girl with his camera and then he was cleaning it with his shirt and you see a reflection of something moving along over his shoulder. Was that the lad in the attic in the vent? Thats the only thing I can think of...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭delija_sever029

I am thinking about suicide,its snowing:(

So Chinese Democracy is fairly average. Expected nothing else to be honest.

Snowing is connected with chinese goverment?:eek:

:D

• Advertisement

monkey9 wrote: »
    So Chinese Democracy is fairly average. Expected nothing else to be honest.

It's not as bad as the Killers album though. God jaysus that's awful.

Xavi6 wrote: »
    It's not as bad as the Killers album though. God jaysus that's awful.

Well i've only heard the single and it really is ****e. I was listening to the Guns n's Roses album there and when it finished the stereo started playing the next cd that was in there and i couldn't remember what it was as its been so long since i used the stereo. Usually just use the ipod. Anyway, it turns out to The National's album Boxer. So now im just lying in bed listening to it. Perfect start to the morning.

Ah yes that's a top drawer album. I usually listen to their catalogue on shuffle. Hard to fault any songs from their albums.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

I saw Quarantine as well last night. I enjoyed it considering I heard it was a shot-for-shot remake of [Rec], but I thought it was sufficiently different to be worth the watch.
    I am thinking about suicide,its snowing:(

Every year I spend about €500 to get to snow, so you've no sympathy here :(

The Deftones were the perfect start to my morning. They were the first alternative band I got into back in 4th/ 5th class, and they are definitely still the best band that I still listen to from that era. (Not hard when the competition is Spineshank, Slipknot and Linkin Park)

Think I might listen to Chevelle next, ah the memories!

Every year I spend about €500 to get to snow, so you've no sympathy here :(

Maybe i can arrange you same thing for 300€:cool::D

Anyway i understand you folks from "country that not knows snow" but i liked it only as a kid,if it would come without ice i could take it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,238 ✭✭✭Gelio

I saw Quarantine as well last night. I enjoyed it considering I heard it was a shot-for-shot remake of [Rec], but I thought it was sufficiently different to be worth the watch.

Yeah its not as bad as people say, defo worth watching once

Jeff Stelling is the new host of Countdown!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭Im_No_Superman

monkey9 wrote: »
    Jeff Stelling is the new host of Countdown!
    He isnt leaving Sky though so he will still be on Soccer Saturday thank God. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

all that talk of that hard rocking music above is giving me a headache-

heres a classic for ya lads :)

myspace gives me a pain in my ****

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

Mr Alan wrote: »
    myspace gives me a pain in my ****
    care to elaborate? Trying to upload your band stuff?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,677 ✭✭✭Chong

Morning Gentlemen and er ladies if any are lurking.

Great video Al, Bobby Darin was class.

This is not my kinda music at all, but those hips and thighs, and the catchyness = Happy Chong

Aye tis all good. Just a pity about the munter head on her.

You think that's bad, 7 days by Craig David came on tv a second ago, and embarrassingly enough the acoustic guitar riff in it is still awesome. I actually liked that ****head when I was younger.

You think that's bad, 7 days by Craig David came on tv a second ago, and embarrassingly enough the acoustic guitar riff in it is still awesome. I actually liked that ****head when I was younger.

Packet of Cheeeese and Onion!

care to elaborate? Trying to upload your band stuff?

yea its uploaded and that now (link in sig), its just not a pleasant site, not very user friendly, kinda annoying to navigate-just not a nice experience :(

Good choons there al.

Mr Alan wrote: »
    yea its uploaded and that now (link in sig), its just not a pleasant site, not very user friendly, kinda annoying to navigate-just not a nice experience :(

I love both songs Al, but I have to say Shelter is my fave of the two.

Jebus keep them coming , fair play!

We're only 25 minutes in and I can already tell this won't be a good week.

Have an MS Access Database worth 30% in one of my modules due in at 12 tomorrow.
    60% exam in another on Wednesday.
    100% essay in another due on Friday.
    And then next Monday a 15% assignment on Java.

And to top that the Club are having a 'Night at the Dogs' thing in Harolds Cross Greyhound track on Tuesday and now I can't go because have so much to do.

And the lads are going down to cork next Friday and Saturday night for a piss up and missing that as well.

UCD = Lame...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,052 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

We're only 25 minutes in and I can already tell this won't be a good week.
    Same. I've a work exam this morning, except im sitting in my car about 40mins from work with my spare tyre after completely blowing out (tyre not even on the rim), waitin for a lift. Put this one on only yesterday when i got a flat. Won't get me out of exam or anything, just get me a work 'incidence' report apparantly. I hate mondays.

Morning gents,

Went to see "Burn After Reading" last night. Can't believe it's not getting more attention, absolute comical gold once again from the Coen brothers.

I'm in bad need of a full weekend off the beer to recharge before the bedlam of December.

I also went to the library yesterday, I forgot how depressing that is.

Good weekend had by all?!

Morning gents,

Went to see "Burn After Reading" last night. Can't believe it's not getting more attention, absolute comical gold once again from the Coen brothers.

I'm in bad need of a full weekend off the beer to recharge before the bedlam of December.

I also went to the library yesterday, I forgot how depressing that is.

Good weekend had by all?!
    Morning All,

Burn after reading is very cool, but alot of people hate it strangely, you either get what they are trying to do or not, I loved it.

I went to see the new Crowe & DiCaprio movie being Body of Lies, great flick very enjoyable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭here.from.day.1

All of the Coen brothers films are like that. Its a certain type of black comedy that you either love or hate (or you get it or you don't). Personally I thought the last 2 mins of dialogue was one of the funniest things I've seen in a long time.

Went to go see that over the weekend but it was gone from my local. The Dundalk Cinema is the absolute worst in the country. They cater purely for the young teenagers - something like disaster movie would be in there for weeks and weeks then Burn after Reading survived 1 week with normal schedule and then was reduced to one showing a day at 7pm I think and then was gone. Plus there's a good few movies they don't get because they had an argument with one of the irish distributers. Pride and Glory being the most recent example.

Hateful. There's a new big one being built right beside where I work though so roll on that. Assuming its not the same crowd.

/RANT

Aside from that I had a great, quiet, relaxing weeking and the best bit? It's still in progress - not in til tomorrow. :cool:

I wish I had a day off. I need somethin to slow down these winter blues.

I know what ya mean about the cinema dude, hate that sh1t. Lucky I have loads of cinemas accessable to me nowadays cos Im drivin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Morning gents.

Lads, this thread isn't winning in the voting.

I hope none of you regulars voted for that bleedin' Premiership Picks thread. :rolleyes:

There's been times I've driven to Swords or Newry to see a movie that wasn't going to be in Dundalk or was taken out after a week of screening. It's a dump and I can't wait for some competition - and that's the problem, they are the only cinema in town so they can do what they like.
    Des wrote:
    Lads, this thread isn't winning in the voting.

I hope none of you regulars voted for that bleedin' Premiership Picks thread.

I never know what is going on in this place because I just look at my subbed threads - what's this about winning and voting?

• Advertisement

See my sig for details.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement