Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Off Topic Thread & Off Topic Thread II - Collectors Edition Bumper Pack

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Anyone for a beer?:D

grand thanks 8 cans of bulmers should wash away the memories of playing UCD tonight and drawing 0-0 feckin bus lovers.

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

I have him driven demented as I'm sure ye can all imagine :)

understandable, i'm sure you drove a few people demented with that picture of Royston Keane earlier....poor aul xavi is gonna have nightmares for weeks when he logs on later :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

Yes please. I'll take a corona with a slice of lime please and thank you :D

If you can get it, trade the Corona for a Dos Equis. Much nicer beer and actually mexican ;) (keep the lime)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 686 ✭✭✭corcaighcailin9

Mr Alan wrote: »
    understandable, i'm sure you drove a few people demented with that picture of Royston Keane earlier....poor aul xavi is gonna have nightmares for weeks when he logs on later :)

Poor xavi my arse wasn't he taking the p!ss outta me already? No Roy's gotta stay.

Sigh!

PSI wrote: »
    If you can get it, trade the Corona for a Dos Equis. Much nicer beer and actually mexican ;) (keep the lime)

Never heard of it. Is that an American thing or would I find it here in the People's Republic of Roy? (I can just hear ppl now "Jeex does she ever shut up about him????")

Never heard of it. Is that an American thing or would I find it here in the People's Republic of Roy? (I can just hear ppl now "Jeex does she ever shut up about him????")

It is a mexican beer. I don't know if you can get it in Ireland. Maybe in a liquor store? Corona is a fake mexican beer I think.

Well if you have enough it don't taste fake, I usually lose my sense of taste after lucky number 7 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭delija_sever029

KdjaCL wrote: »
    grand thanks 8 cans of bulmers should wash away the memories of playing UCD tonight and drawing 0-0 feckin bus lovers.

kdjac

Is that for beginning 8 cans or....:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

different strokes for different folks. i like Muse btw.

Cool, did you get the Wembley cd? It's rather good!

You're in a band aren't you?

yea i am.

no didnt get the wembely cd. just have quite a random selection of their stuff, may buy the live one though, cant beat listening to live music.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,069 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

cailin i'd say you might be able to get it in the Abbott's Ale house, just across the river, near the Corner House and comedy club/city limits. Also, The Franciscan well might have it behind the bar, not sure though. Le Cheile used to have it back when they made an effort with beers. They've since torn out their 'nice beer' bar and replaced it with a load of Heinekens and buds etc..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    cailin i'd say you might be able to get it in the Abbott's Ale house, just across the river, near the Corner House and comedy club/city limits. Also, The Franciscan well might have it behind the bar, not sure though. Le Cheile used to have it back when they made an effort with beers. They've since torn out their 'nice beer' bar and replaced it with a load of Heinekens and buds etc..

Just drink Cider and never go to america cos they dont have it.

simple.

kdjac

can ya not get any cider in america? :) never been

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,907 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Indeed. I threw up a little upon seeing. Along with Cork, that particular page is on my list of things never to visit again.
    yea i am.

no didnt get the wembely cd. just have quite a random selection of their stuff, may buy the live one though, cant beat listening to live music.

DON'T BUY THE LIVE CD!!!!! It's average at best and doesn't have half of their best stuff. Buy 'Origin Of Symmetry'. It's their best album by a mile.

Anyway, my turn for a tune. I'm feeling relaxed this morning so here's something acoustic -

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭Eirebear

Xavi6 wrote: »

DON'T BUY THE LIVE CD!!!!! It's average at best and doesn't have half of their best stuff. Buy 'Origin Of Symmetry'. It's their best album by a mile.

Completely agree although showbiz does give it a run for its money.
    After OOS it all gets a bit "Meh!"

Well I wouldn't go so far as to say 'meh' cause the other two albums have some amazing songs on them, just the volume of them isn't as good as the first two albums.

Buy the Hullabaloo DVD and watch 'Dead Star' in all it's glory as an opening track. God I can't wait to see them for the 7th time on the next tour!

EDIT: Here's the 'Dead Star' in question -

Ive got the Hullaballoo DVD, tis great.

When i say Meh, it doesnt meant that i dont think theyre still better than 90% of the bands in the mainstream at the moment.

I just think theyve lost the edge they had in their first two albums a little.
    Still awesome live though

Ah yeah I'll agree with you there alright. Easily the best live band going.

Speaking of great artists, it's feckin pissing down this morning. Not good for Elton later :mad:

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Speaking of great artists, it's feckin pissing down this morning. Not good for Elton later :mad:

Ive always ben wary of going to see Elton John....what kind of stuff does he do?
    I mean going back hes done some absolute classics, Goodbye Yellow Brick Road, Saturday Nights Alright For Fighting...Rocketman...etc etc.

But since the early 90's hes just been a bit dire.

• Advertisement

Yeah that's what I'm afraid of too. I want all the classics. I actually don't know what sort of set he puts together tbh. He better not disappoint me....

Well we want a full set list when you get back! :D

Kind of Bizzare point on Elton's tour of stadiums and major venues at the minute....he's playing McDiarmid Park in Perth, Scotland this summer....home of the mighty St. Johnstone!?!?! :eek:

Hardly wembley is it!

Ha no not at all. It does mean he's playing in Perth twice though! One northern hemisphere and one southern!

Good point...maybe thats why hes doing it? :D

My Brother in laws garden backs onto McDiarmad, so hes planning a barbeque to listen in that night....might go up so i know what kind of set he does for future reference! :D

Anyway, enjoy the gig...im off to bed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,069 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Xavi6 wrote:
    Yeah that's what I'm afraid of too. I want all the classics. I actually don't know what sort of set he puts together tbh. He better not disappoint me....

A buddy of mine went to him here (got a similer amount of ridicule as well), said Elton played all the classics and it was a savage gig. Hope same goes for yours!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Morning fools.

• Advertisement

Good evening.

Well the rain has subsided for now but no doubt it will return later. Almost time to catch the train to Elton!

[insert train to gaytown quip here]

:D

Well I'm all set to catch it. Got my skinny jeans and my extra small t-shirt on. Just finishing straightenin the hair :cool:

sometimelater1285488510cg8.jpg

Well Elton was obviously superb. Played all the classics. Didn't think he was gonna play my favourite song, 'Goodbye Yellow Brick Road', as he hadn't played it in a while but midway through the set there it was. Superb. Finished off with an encore of 'Don't Let Your The Sun Go Down On Me' and 'Your Song' which was super.

Anyway, on to the real story of the night. Elton had barely been on stage for two songs when a fight broke out in the row behind me! Apparently some loud mouth kept shouting stuff and the guy in front of her turned around and told her to shut the fuck up. She responded by going for him so he threw a punch at her! The people beside stepped in but she kept going and landed a few digs of her own. The lad involved and his party had to be taken to another section. Unbelievable stuff. I've been to see RATM, Muse, etc etc yet it takes until I go see Elton bloody John to see my first proper fight at a gig!

Great night.

• Advertisement

Sounds good. :D

Elton draws the rough crowd.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Awful quiet in here tonight. Currently listening to a band that Xavi introduced me to, Long View. Very good I must say. Heading down to the library to do a bit of study in a few minutes. Its 24 hours, and I work best during the wee hours. By the way, all this malarky about the new Nike ad. Pfft, not a patch on this, the greatest football ad ever!

Good man Archi, keep listening to that Longview. We'll have to swap recommendations again soon.

Watched the x-files 2 trailer on ign.

Good stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,591 ✭✭✭patmac

Utd win premiership, Westmeath beat Longford, my club side wins the County u-16 championship, a few pints to celebrate all, Carlsberg don't do Sundays but if they did.....

Great country this soon as the premiership ends the GAA season starts as well as the Eircom League.

patmac wrote: »
    Utd win premiership, Westmeath beat Longford, my club side wins the County u-16 championship, a few pints to celebrate all, Carlsberg don't do Sundays but if they did.....

United won the league, City lost 8-1 and fecked up the fair play league, Chelsea ballsed it up late on along with Inter to ruin my big bet. Carslberg don't do shitty Sundays, but if they did......

• Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭delija_sever029

I am interested are any girls here on these sports boards or here is only male company?:D

couple of bints around, PSI and another girl from Cork.

Although i think Des and Neil scared away one of em! :)

I am interested are any girls here on these sports boards or here is only male company?:D
    Sausage party.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

Unless you count Mr(s)_Alan

• Advertisement

couple of bints around, PSI and another girl from Cork.

Although i think Des and Neil scared away one of em! :)

I'm not that easily scared, just wasn't online yesterday :)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

i am here just to torment young desmond:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Wrong forum then cause he is banned here :D

Who needs to go abroad when you have weather like today:cool:

Unearthly wrote: »
    Wrong forum then cause he is banned here :D

Who needs to go abroad when you have weather like today:cool:

i know he is banned, so i cant post whati like and he do anthing about it:D

irishbird wrote: »
    You are mean. Kudos.

But you haven't!!!

hmmmm, which secret should i tell, what about ..................hmmm no..............may be ..............definately, actually........

okay what do you all want to know about DesF

I'm not that easily scared

You would be if ya seen the head on Des! :D

Isnt that right irishbird!?! ;)

okay what do you all want to know about DesF
    How often does he dress up in your clothes?

• Advertisement

Sherifu wrote: »
    How often does he dress up in your clothes?

not as often as you would think tbh:)

we got named the posh and becks of BGRH a while back, and in the spirit of the new naming he did start wearing my underwear to work but i had to put a stop to that :p:p

Disclaimer: This may be a blatant lie

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement