Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Off Topic Thread & Off Topic Thread II - Collectors Edition Bumper Pack

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

esta-watever the **** his name is, is not site banned xavi-you can wipe those tears, he'll be back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,907 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Well he is site banned, just for 2 weeks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

12-03-2008, 10:55 estebancambias 26-03-2008, 10:00 Signing up new accounts to get around ban Gordon

Guess he got tired of being locked out of AH.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,438 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

DesF wrote: »
    The only way Liverpool will win the CL this year anyway.

DesF, I may be waaaay off the mark with this but have I been detecting anti-Liverpool centiments from you over the last few days? :pac::pac::pac:

Tie your flag to the mast will ya? I haven't a clue who you follow.

Tie your flag to the mast will ya? I haven't a clue who you follow.
    :confused:

Look in my sig dude.

The S, The S , The S F C.

I support Shelbourne.

Hate the EPL.

Admire La Liga.

Get bored to tears by Serie A.

Oh, lol

I just remembered the PM the other night :pac::pac:

/Turns sigs on.

Ahhh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭Eirebear

Ahem! Thats enough of that football chat! :D

DesF wrote: »
    Oh, lol

I just remembered the PM the other night :pac::pac:

*penny drops*

:pac::pac::pac:

I'll have a night out in May yet.

• Advertisement

/Turns sigs on.

Ahhh.
    The irony of someone with a sig having sigs turned off. :pac:

Depends where I am. They're on most of the time, I do turn them off occasionally though >_>

ok, maybe i'm real thick, but how do i turn on sigs? i see em when signed out, but not signed in .. .. . .. god this internet lark is not my strongest asset!

Mr Alan wrote: »
    ok, maybe i'm real thick,
    No maybe about it tbh.

Click on User CP (Top Left)
    Click on Edit Options
    Tick Show Sigs.

:pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Sherifu wrote: »
    12-03-2008, 10:55 estebancambias 26-03-2008, 10:00 Signing up new accounts to get around ban Gordon
    Guess he got tired of being locked out of AH.
    Ah, poor esteban. But no worries, he'll bounce back from this - he's gonna be playing for Roma soon enough donchya know. Footballer's brain and all that :)

P.S Vantage Point is piss-poor. And I too <3 Total Recall.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

The circumstances of Estebans ban is NOT a discussion for the soccer forum, or anywhere outside of the mod forum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

SofaK wrote: »
    And I too <3 Total Recall.
    Haha! That's funny editing... :) I love it too... ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Speaking of films - The Mist - Brilliant new horror film. If you like/slightly like horror, you'll lap it up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Aaaah, this is exactly what I had in mind for this thread.

Ive been sick in bed all day. The girlfriend had a chest infection so I went out to her yesterday, and wouldnt ya bloody know it, now Ive gone and gotten it. I guess I get my 3 weeks easter holidays 2 days early this year (aah, the joys of being a student :D ).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

I don't get easter holidays :(

but it didn't stop me planning a 2 week trip to America(which includes going to Wrestlemania 24) :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Unearthly wrote: »
    I don't get easter holidays :(

but it didn't stop me planning a 2 week trip to America(which includes going to Wrestlemania 24) :pac:

Jeff Hardy is a bona fide pats fan now :p

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,052 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Im goin off to the wilderness, up a mountain in Austria next week for a few months. Goin' back to the old simple life y'know, hunting and gathering, washing in streams etc. Though naturally ill be trying to get myself some broadband up there too. Im not an animal.

Can't wait though, just a few months of snowboarding (its a glacier so guaranteed snow till end of July) and working in some nice easy-on-the-brain bar or shop or hotel job or something. Oh and I also discovered the Spanish National team is gonna be staying in the same valley as me for the Euro's! I can try my luck with Nando ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,563 ✭✭✭kinaldo

dont let it turn ya off, buy anything by sam cooke. seriously the guys voice is like silk, best singer ever. ya can pick up decent enough "ultimates collections" with 40-50 tunes on em on iTunes for a tenner, do it! :)
    Wow I never figured YOU to be one of good taste! Fair play :)

Have you heard Sam Cooke's 'Live at the Harlem Square Club, 1963'? I was listening to it last night and when he broke into 'Bring It On Home To Me' it just completely stopped me dead in my tracks. I was so blown away there were near tears of joy welling up! I think it's possibly the greatest live recording I've ever heard.

Marvin Gaye is probably my favourite singer of all time.

http://boardreader.com/fp/boards_ie_15682/Soccer_111444.html

Soccer is the most popular forum on boards ;)

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

We are teh internet! w00h00!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭Eirebear

I see Eirebhoy is at number ten in the "top authors" section with 47 posts....i wonder how many times Nakamura was mentioned in that?

Screw you PHB:pac:

By a nose :pac:

Sherifu wrote: »
    By a nose :pac:

click the total for boards and see who the biggest spammer;)

kdjac

kinaldo wrote: »
    Wow I never figured YOU to be one of good taste! Fair play :)

Thanks. (i think!?) :p
    Have you heard Sam Cooke's 'Live at the Harlem Square Club, 1963'? I was listening to it last night and when he broke into 'Bring It On Home To Me' it just completely stopped me dead in my tracks. I was so blown away there were near tears of joy welling up! I think it's possibly the greatest live recording I've ever heard.

Yea i actually have that recording too, its class the way he breaks into it alright, his voice is pretty shot during the performance, more so than usual which the punch the tune packs imo. cracking song. cracking singer.
    Marvin Gaye is probably my favourite singer of all time.

Gotta be Sam Cooke or Roy Orbison for me. I like Marvin Gaye, but some of his stuff is a little "too produced" for me, prefer the old school soul sound.

• Advertisement

KdjaCL wrote: »
    click the total for boards and see who the biggest spammer;)

kdjac
    Oh I did, don't worry. /senses jealousy

where the **** did you get all those posts sherifu!?!

where the **** did you get all those posts sherifu!?!
    I found them in the attic.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Could someone else check for me, because I am busy hiding underneath tinfoil, but is the BBC website down? For the first time EVAR or something?
    Is this the end?
    *shivers*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Could someone else check for me, because I am busy hiding underneath tinfoil, but is the BBC website down? For the first time EVAR or something?
    Is this the end?
    *shivers*

Its working here.

If google ever goes down the world will stop spinning and planes will fall from the sky.
    Xavi6 wrote: »
    Vantage Point is sh*t? Ah balls. I was actually looking forward to that having seen the trailer and the cast.

Anyone seen The Bucket List? That's better than I expected. Had a little tear in the eye towards the end I'll admit.

Most disappointed I've ever been in a film. For a movie that is supposed to travel the globe, the special effects (read: Green screen) scenes were abysmal. The scene in the race cars? More continuity errors than I care to recount. At one stage the cars were left and right of each other then the next second they had switched... Pyramid scene: bollox... Skydive scene: bollox... Great Wall scene: bollox...

Bollox bollox bollox!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

This is true. But I am pretty sure BBC, at least from Australia, has just done a klinsmann. Where the hell is Xavi to confirm or deny these unfounded rumours about the downfall of the internets??

It's working here.

just watched Boston Legal. I like that show. That bird Saffron Burrows in it is seriously fit.

http://www.louisegraham.com/stilllife/2-saffron-burrows.jpg

i tried to put this picture in the post, but i have no ****ing idea how to do that, it really is startling how ****e i am with comps.

http://www.louisegraham.com/stilllife/2-saffron-burrows.jpg

i tried to put this picture in the post, but i have no ****ing idea how to do that, it really is startling how ****e i am with comps.
    Images are disabled.

code is Off

• Advertisement

pack of cowboys running this place ;)

Well it's probably with good reason on this forum. They'd just be used in fan fights. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,052 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

just watched Boston Legal. I like that show. That bird Saffron Burrows in it is seriously fit.

+1
    Cant go wrong with a bit of Shatner too. He's transcended any roles, he's just Shatner.

Boston Legal FTW. How cool is James Spader when he goes on one of those rants in court? Legend. Puts that Chelsea fella who's always at it here to shame!

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    +1
    Cant go wrong with a bit of Shatner too. He's transcended any roles, he's just Shatner.

Shatner is a god.

I still can't decide between him and the Hoff tho..

At the moment I'm going with Shatner because of his version of Mr. Tambourine Man and Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds.

The Hoff made music, but Germans like it :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,563 ✭✭✭kinaldo

I went to a flamenco gig tonight. With real dancing Spanish señoritas! Not even Alan Smith himself can sour my mood right now.

+1 for sticky. Vamos!!!

Also, Happy Birthday Thanx 4 The Fish!!!! :)

I went to a flamenco gig tonight. With real dancing Spanish señoritas! Not even Alan Smith himself can sour my mood right now.

+1 for sticky. Vamos!!!

Flamenco is great. One of my friends dances and I go see them. Girls are all average, the guy who dances with them is the coolest guy I have ever seen.

The guitar is awesome too. Probably why I like Rodrigo y Gabriella so much.

So yes, in 40 minutes time (4.15pm) I will leave the office and walk the short distance to the nearest watering hole where I will consume the first of many alcoholic beverages for what is bound to be a glorious Friday night. I hope the Off Topic thread can handle me in about twelve hours time.

Paddy's weekend starts here!

• Advertisement

FWIW, I also really enjoy this thread. It's taken me back into Soccer.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement