Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Off Topic Thread & Off Topic Thread II - Collectors Edition Bumper Pack

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 686 ✭✭✭corcaighcailin9

Yipee another woman to join in the boys club...just what we needed here ladz :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,867 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

this pic is like this thread
    sensein6.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,071 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Nearly wet myself lookin' at that thread in feedback yesterday - Kudos Xavi!

In other news, was wandering around Innsbruck last week with the bird, we found a street fair kind of thing, from afar everything seemed cool, had a DJ, performers, everyone looked happy and beers were being served so we strolled in. After quenching my thirst I started looking around and found something wasn't...right. Spidey sense was definately tingling. Found we'd accidentally stumbled into this; http://innlove.at/ a big party for gays, lesbians and transexuals. Fortunately herself was there so i was able to cling on and use her as a human shield and to let people know i was flattered but don't swing that way. On the plus side the beer was pretty cheap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Cheap beer > *

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    Fortunately herself was there so i was able to cling on and use her as a human shield and to let people know i was flattered but don't swing that way. On the plus side the beer was pretty cheap.

You probably made them nervous.

Speaking of nervous, check this sick sh1t out, crazy fookers!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

There's a part of my stomach that gets affected by videos like that. It happens fairly rarely, it happened when I did a skydive, and it happened again just there.

That. Was. Mental.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

MrJoeSoap wrote: »
    There's a part of my stomach that gets affected by videos like that. It happens fairly rarely, it happened when I did a skydive, and it happened again just there.

That. Was. Mental.
    Where did you do your Skydive?

I did mine at Taupo, Niw Zillund, best thing I ever did.

IMG_4883.jpg

IMG_4887.jpg

IMG_4907.jpg

IMG_4921.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Bloody hell fair play to you for skydiving. ^ :eek:

I'd never be able to do anything like that. I'm too nervous to go on amusement rides that go up high, never mind jump out of an aeroplane. I'd literally crap myself.

Des, ur at it again?!!1

I think she likes u now!!

Linky

• Advertisement

She's posted a few times in Soccer already.

I can't wait til she finds this thread.

In other news, read post #99 and surrounding posts in this thread.

I think someone owes me a tenner.

:D:D:D:cool::cool::cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

That. Was. Mental.

Back I see.

Oh and Des fair play. I had you down as some sort of sissy...how wrong I was. Please by all means take this the wrong way.

Back I see.

Oh and Des fair play. I had you down as some sort of sissy...how wrong I was. Please by all means take this the wrong way.
    Dude, I don't say this nearly enough.

I love you.

love-heart.jpg

DesF wrote: »
    She's posted a few times in Soccer already.

I can't wait til she finds this thread.

In other news, read post #99 and surrounding posts in this thread.

I think someone owes me a tenner.

:D:D:D:cool::cool::cool:

Hahahaha I remember that!! yep, you're owed a tenner.was I right, is she a Hammers fan? i couldnt be bothered searchin!

Hahahaha I remember that!! yep, you're owed a tenner.
    woot.

I think I'll buy beer with it

:D
    was I right, is she a Hammers fan? i couldnt be bothered searchin!

Correctamundo.

Cheers.

So Des would ye do it again?

• Advertisement

I did mine a couple of hours inland of Perth, Des. Scenery wasn't great but was a great day for it.
    Back I see.

It would appear so, though I don't feel like I've been away... I'm afraid to look at the Eircom League Predictions thread though...
    Cheers.

I would. Wanted to do it again as soon as I landed. Doing it solo would be the next big step though.

[/Completely ambigious and potentially misconstruable* sentence]

* - Word of the night.

Definitely
    I'm afraid to look at the Eircom League Predictions thread though...
    Someone else kept score for you.

I missed a week due to bannings though. :(

Doing it solo would be the next big step though.

You have to do a course for that, and it's damn expensive.

Jesus, I've had two bottles of that Guinness Foreign Extra 7.5%.

Whoooo, It's blown the head off me.

My ex is a big time skydiver believe it or not. i didnt get to do a jump with her cos we onyl went out for about 6 months or so over the winter so now jumpin in that weather. Gonna try and get my first one in this summer though.

Funnily enough Id be more reluctant to do a bungee than a skydive!!

My ex is a big time skydiver believe it or not. i didnt get to do a jump with her cos we onyl went out for about 6 months or so over the winter so now jumpin in that weather. Gonna try and get my first one in this summer though.

Everyone I've spoken to who has done both says the Bungee is infinitely more scary, I don't think I could handle that!

That's not weird, I wouldn't go near a bungee tbh.

I'm scared shítless of heights (and dogs).

But when you're 10k feet up in a plane, it seems to not really matter.

The first five seconds are like "Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiíiiiiiiiiiiiittttttttt", the you realise that it's fúcking amazing, and you start enjoying it.

As I said, best thing I ever did. Ever.

• Advertisement

Jesus, I've had two bottles of that Guinness Foreign Extra 7.5%.

Whoooo, It's blown the head off me.

I had two cans of Bavaria 8.6 last week.

7.9% it was, go figure...

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

i'd love to give either a go, lordg has been mostly surfing this last while, fully recommend it, great laugh and for those of the non-evra's out there, a wknd in bundoran is a long session.

lordgoat wrote: »
    i'd love to give either a go, lordg has been mostly surfing this last while, fully recommend it, great laugh and for those of the non-evra's out there, a wknd in bundoran is a long session.

I was in Portmarnock on Sunday night and saw two lads surfing.

They must have been feckin freezing, the mad hoors.

The first five seconds are like "Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiíiiiiiiiiiiiittttttttt", the you realise that it's fúcking amazing, and you start enjoying it.

I was set to do it last year but my mate did one and had a death spin, they barely got the reserve open in time, was lucky to be alive, kinda turned me into a pussy about it for a while.. But now Ive regained the kajoons. Can only imagine.

Now, when you're Johnny Utah and u jump out of a plane with no parachute....thats ballsy!!

Exactly my feelings. I'm not the biggest fan of heights, you certainly won't see me doing chin-ups on the underside of a crane, but 14,000ft completely obliterates that particular "fear".

i havent surfed in a good few months, always went to Lahinch or some of the east coast spots. I think with my job and study i just sdidnt have time, then when I was gettin out I was seemingly gettin worse :(

I was set to do it last year !
    Can they be done here, in Ireland?

but my mate did one and had a death spin, they barely got the reserve open in time, was lucky to be alive,

:eek::eek:

Jaysis.

i havent surfed in a good few months, always went to Lahinch or some of the east coast spots. I think with my job and study i just sdidnt have time, then when I was gettin out I was seemingly gettin worse :(

Been to Bundoran a good few times now, going to try achill in june hopefully and lahinch at some point during the summer too. Saving for a board and wetsuit too. THoroughly enjoyable way to spend a few hours.

If you do have a free wknd get back out there, water is quite warm too! Well ya know what i mean!

Can they be done here, in Ireland?

:eek::eek:

Jaysis.

Yes

Yea i know, I have legit reason to have chickened out. Funny thing though is that he said that when the landed the instructor basically had a fit, startin doin back flips and screamin out Woooo more times than Rick Flair!! he said after he calmed down that he likes when that happens cos it "makes it interesting".....and people put their lives in that chaps hands!!

Been to Bundoran a good few times now, going to try achill in june hopefully and lahinch at some point during the summer too. Saving for a board and wetsuit too. THoroughly enjoyable way to spend a few hours.

If you do have a free wknd get back out there, water is quite warm too! Well ya know what i mean!

Well i have the board, booties, wetsuit, the lot, only thing im lacking is any time :(

Bundoran is good by all accounts. The first time i ever went to sea on a surfboard was in Achill. Cant remember it or critique it too well cos I was a complete Noob but I have good memories! was on one of those godawful foamy boards though!

• Advertisement

Yes

Yea i know, I have legit reason to have chickened out. Funny thing though is that he said that when the landed the instructor basically had a fit, startin doin back flips and screamin out Woooo more times than Rick Flair!! he said after he calmed down that he likes when that happens cos it "makes it interesting".....and people put their lives in that chaps hands!!

****ing hell. More wooo#s than the nature boy? Hardcore... Where do i sign up?...

****ing hell. More wooo#s than the nature boy? Hardcore... Where do i sign up?...

Sydney Australia actually, which probably explains a lot. Im sure u could get down, jump and get back in a weekend! :pac::pac::pac:

Well i have the board, booties, wetsuit, the lot, only thing im lacking is any time :(

Bundoran is good by all accounts. The first time i ever went to sea on a surfboard was in Achill. Cant remember it or critique it too well cos I was a complete Noob but I have good memories! was on one of those godawful foamy boards though!

Yea me and ladyfriend have just moved up from those foamy boards! Much more fun when you get going on a hard board! Zoom! So far and fingers crossed i've never had a non enjoyable time out there.

Older women lads.

Can't be beat.

This kid has his priorities straight!

The dude in my pics, in the Yellow suit, was the NZ champion skydiver, he was doing all these backflips and twirls, in the air. Quality it was.

Cheers for the link Neil, I'll check it out tomorrow.

I'm off to me bed, talk to yiz tomorrow.

Slán leat.

Sydney Australia actually, which probably explains a lot. Im sure u could get down, jump and get back in a weekend! :pac::pac::pac:

Easily, could prob do it twice or so with the time zones and what not... Woooooo Woooo

And like Des i too am saying goodnight.

On the subject of interests, does anyone agree with some of my mates that skateboarding around town is ''gay''?

I think its a great form of transport really. The lucks some people give ye though? For **** sake, same with the Ireland match, wipped the hat around backwards, cue strange looks from every second person.

Quick question to all whilst we are vaguely on the subject...

Is there anyone here who, when they see the ad's for the Red Bull flugtag or soapbox race, doesn't think... "I should do that!" but then never gives it another thought until the ad comes back on?

The dude in my pics, in the Yellow suit, was the NZ champion skydiver, he was doing all these backflips and twirls, in the air. Quality it was.

Cheers for the link Neil, I'll check it out tomorrow.

I'm off to me bed, talk to yiz tomorrow.

Slán leat.

LMAO at 00.30. Whats wrong Des, can't hack it?

• Advertisement

Is there anyone here who, when they see the ad's for the Red Bull flugtag or soapbox race, doesn't think... "I should do that!" but then never gives it another thought until the ad comes back on?

Me and my mates got working on one bakc in 2004. One of them his dad is some Libyan engineer start drafting up plans and co-ordinates and all sorts of ****e....... Good times.

Does anyone still watch Pimp my Ride?

Me and my mates got working on one bakc in 2004. One of them his dad is some Libyan engineer start drafting up plans and co-ordinates and all sorts of ****e....... Good times.

I take it that you didn't get far past the planning stage so?
    Does anyone still watch Pimp my Ride?

Aw hell no. Does anyone even watch MTV any more?

Nope, we also had designs for a bridge which fell to the same faith as our boxcar.

I'm just watching it now. I think MTV is alright for some things, but not so much anymore.

Shows I have liked on MTV:
    Room Raiders
    Yo Momma
    Boiling Points(Naked Camera basically)
    Pimp my Ride
    MADE

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,071 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Aye, MTV and CNN are the only channels we've got here with english on them so have seen a tonne of Super Sweet 16's, pimp my ride's, parental control's, exposed's and (by a mile the worst) The X-effect's. Absolute braindead television with the occasional exception of pimp my ride (though some of the places they put monitors...under the car, in the headlamps etc..wtf?

Thank god for the internets though, and the collection of DVD's i brought with me.

One day im gonna do a skydive..one day...just down the road here they do a paragliding thing off the mountain though, which looks pretty cool so gonna have a bash off that in the next few weeks hopefully.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

Super Sweet 16 et al: Recruitment Videos for Al Qaeda

Another day, another dollar.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,283 ✭✭✭gucci

Yes..........
    I even got as far as walking out to my dads shed to see what raw material was available one day, then went back in and picked up the ould playstation controller again! Although one year i emailed them and they posted me out 6 or 12 cans to help inspire me........wouldn't drink the stuff though, absolute mank.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,908 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

God I feckin love eBay. Just got the new Spanish home shirt and shorts complete with 'Xavi 8' on the top and a little '8' on the shorts for €35 incl. P&P! Arrived today less than a week after I paid for it. Unbelievable stuff.

Xavi6 wrote: »
    God I feckin love eBay. Just got the new Spanish home shirt and shorts complete with 'Xavi 8' on the top and a little '8' on the shorts for €35 incl. P&P! Arrived today less than a week after I paid for it. Unbelievable stuff.
    That's very good. Time to revive my involvement in Ebay. Got some paypal dosh sitting there. /me pokes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Xavi6 wrote: »

happy birthday! 10?? 12?? ;)

How come that Cheeky Gal bint hasnt been in here yet? expected to come in this morning and for it all to have "kicked off", Xavi, get to you PM-ing!

Mr Alan wrote: »
    happy birthday! 10?? 12?? ;)

How come that Cheeky Gal bint hasnt been in here yet? expected to come in this morning and for it all to have "kicked off", Xavi, get to you PM-ing!

By the way, you.

Read post #99 in this thread, and the ones around it.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement