Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Off Topic Thread & Off Topic Thread II - Collectors Edition Bumper Pack

Comments

Xavi6 wrote: »
    So Swans it is? Welcome to midtable obscurity.

I dunno, I am a United fan like u said, can i handle being Aussie Rules equivalent of a City fan?!!:pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,908 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Carlton were woeful up until this year when they got the league's best player Chris Judd from the Eagles. Now they're average thanks to him and Brendan Fevola (the guy who bashed that barman in Galway or Mayo or wherever it was).

Setanta's done ok. Plays most games, though it seems they aren't sure where his best position is. He's played full forward, full back and in the ruck. Does some silly things e.g. last weekend he gave away a free before the ball was even thrown in at the start of the game and Freo kicked a goal from it. Lot to learn but doing ok.e

Just for Xavi

main_thai,0.jpg

epic-fail.jpg

at linking images

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

Popular Male Australian Names: Kim, Ashley, Jess, and Reese.

For a bunch of hard cúnts they know how to lay on the girlie names.

• Advertisement

Popular Male Australian Names: Kim, Ashley, Jess, and Reese.

For a bunch of hard cúnts they know how to lay on the girlie names.

Just in their rugby team alone they have a Wendall (Sailor), Berwick (Barnes), Julian (Huxley), Stirling (Mortlock), Rocky (Elsom), Drew (Mitchell) and my favourite Wycliff (Palu)

Lads anyone know any good nighclubs in London, Im goin next weekend and last time we were there we ended up in 2 very crappy places.....dont want an encore of that element!! I did meet Danielle Lloyd though.......she's quality!!

I did meet Danielle Lloyd though.......she's quality!!

If the telly was broke.

I've decided to stop drinking tea after 8:30pm. Been dreamin too much lately and find myself needing a piss in the early hours each night. I can only put this down to the caffiene and liquid content of the tay.

Thoughts?

If the telly was broke.

I've decided to stop drinking tea after 8:30pm. Been dreamin too much lately and find myself needing a piss in the early hours each night. I can only put this down to the caffiene and liquid content of the tay.

Thoughts?

In person, the only thing broken is your awareness of anyone else.....shes class...even tarty as she is, shes still fantastic!

Dreamin is good for u, means you're sleeping properly!! The piss thing is bad tho, hate when that happens, I dont touch any liquid (bar maybe a cuppa, go figue :pac:) for about 2 hours before bed these days.

Aye - i try to piss at least twice between last drink and head-down.

When you say you met danielle Llyod - what exactly did it entail. As in did you see her, or did you actually sit down and have a drink and a conversation (and a ride)?

• Advertisement

Aye - i try to piss at least twice between last drink and head-down.

When you say you met danielle Llyod - what exactly did it entail. As in did you see her, or did you actually sit down and have a drink and a conversation (and a ride)?

I stood there like a dunce starin at her boobies!!

Haha! Nah she was doin a meet and greet mingle type thing with people at the UFC and we all just shook her hand takin the piss.... one of the lads told her that he liked her work in Big Brother, was pretty funny! She actually said thanks!

Most people there didnt know who she was, thought she was a ring girl!

Coolio. Nothin wrong with a bit of scenery on holidays. Especially as I imagine she was a little more adventurous with her choice of attire than most hot girls you'd see in London.

Although in general english birds tend to be sexier dressed I think. Maybe. Its a while since I lived there. Australian birds FTW tho. No question.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

Aussie Rules isn't a sport. Its barbaric.

I set beside an Aussie ''bird'' on the way home from NY. She was 24, but very cool. We were beside each other for the duration of the trip. She had just moved here for a year, but was born in Tipp.

But aren't Aussies just English, Croatian and Irish for the most part?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

she is a good girl :)

3787178531a6265251902l.jpg

she'd be a lot nicer if she removed that rag.

Should you be angry about her tearing up your beloved strip?

not at all! its only a ****in jersey lad!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Mr Alan wrote: »

Are you ignoring me ;_;

U sayin u prefer women with their clothes ON?! :eek::eek::eek:

Coolio. Nothin wrong with a bit of scenery on holidays. Especially as I imagine she was a little more adventurous with her choice of attire than most hot girls you'd see in London.

Although in general english birds tend to be sexier dressed I think. Maybe. Its a while since I lived there. Australian birds FTW tho. No question.

Aussie birds are the best. I've "encountered" a few over the years, the accent gets me every single time. "Awroy" Im putty in their hands after that!

So did u live in london, if so know any decent clubs that arent full of chavtastics?!

I agree about the sexy dressing.....In Manchester a couple of weeks ago this chick walked into the club we were in wearin hot pants and a micro bikini and a pair of high heels, thats it, never see that sh*t in Dublin!!! Fantastic stuff!

Is that the Lloyd women? Meh, she's not unattractive or anything, but hardly anything to be proud about(that is, if anyone would be shallow enough to be proud of looks)

• Advertisement

Aussie birds are the best. I've "encountered" a few over the years, the accent gets me every single time. "Awroy" Im putty in their hands after that!

So did u live in london, if so know any decent clubs that arent full of chavtastics?!

I agree about the sexy dressing.....In Manchester a couple of weeks ago this chick walked into the club we were in wearin hot pants and a micro bikini and a pair of high heels, thats it, never see that sh*t in Dublin!!! Fantastic stuff!

Thats not classy. You can see that in Ballymun flats any day of the week. Natalie Portman, now she is classy.

Thats not classy. You can see that in Ballymun flats any day of the week. Natalie Portman, now she is classy.

Course its not, its cheap. But its good to look at when your chillin at the bar gettin liquored up!!

As Jessie Spano would say: '' Neil, you disgusting pig

Im a young man, I dont have an issue with it! in fact Im very comfortable with it!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

As Jessie Spano would say

ha ha ha :pac::p:)

you crack me up esteban!

eZe^ wrote: »

Newcastle FTW!!

My mate was over there in jan and said that everybody in the clubs was tryin to start agro.

What is Dublin city like after 11? Me and my skateboard have long since departed at that time.

Oh and Avril Lavinge....wow....hot or what!!! Just watching her here on MTV!!!! The thing is there are a lot of Irish girls who look like her.

What is Dublin city like after 11? Me and my skateboard have long since departed at that time.

Depends on how you handle it. If u dont look for trouble u shouldnt get it, but I only frequent the classy places.....like coppers!! :D:D:D:cool:

I never get in any trouble in Dublin but I do see a lot.

• Advertisement

I never get in any trouble in Dublin

thats cause people know i have your back :cool:

thats cause people know i have your back :cool:

Damn right!:cool::cool::cool:

Something about one guy having another guys back....seems kinda gay.

i've got your back too esteban ;)

kiss_lips.jpg

*Shudders*

*Shakes Alans hand and runs away*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Just turned 22. How depressing. I wish I was 21 again. :(

• Advertisement

that is so freaky!!!!!!! a girl i work with just text me saying that she has just turned 22 and she wishes she was 21 still!!!!! literally about 2 minutes ago!!!!!

Laura is that you?!!

i'll tell you wat i told her, 21 is ****e, its all about the mid 20's (i'm not there yet myself!) but i reckon thats when it'll all make sense

Happy...yadda yadda yadda...

22 it good enough. A few days ago I start thinking about my own mortality at 18. Seriously I still feel 14.

Just turned 22. How depressing. I wish I was 21 again. :(

Meh Im 23, feel no different. Wish I was somewhere far far away backpackin round the world but otherwise, Im indifferent to age!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭Eirebear

I didnt worry about it untill i turned 24, and realised that advertising companies and Marketing types target young people in the 18-23 age group......i wasnt young any more.

I got drunk, high, and slept around for a couple of months.....it worked well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Guess it's just that the vision of myself at 22 hasn't exactly materialised. I'll get my act together eventually. :pac:

• Advertisement

23 sucks balls lads. Gimme 20 any day. Those were the best of times *sigh* :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

I'm hoping that life gets somewhat better. 21 and the present 22 have been complete write offs.

28 is the best age. :cool:

My god, I shook a thunderbird's hand this morning.

That feckin' Blueshirt Kenny was at the Stephen's Green Luas stop this morning, I stuck on my scowl-face, head down, mp3 player up loud, but he still managed to stick his hand into mine, and I think I heard him mumble "Nice to meet you".

:mad:

DON'T TOUCH ME AGAIN!!

virgil_casual.jpg

Kold wrote: »
    I'm hoping that life gets somewhat better. 21 and the present 22 have been complete write offs.
    It doesn't I'm 26 in a month and working in a job I could have done when I was 19. And probably for the same wage I was on when I was 19.

The sooner you realise life throws one shattered dream after another at you the better.

Then you can dig into the rat race and look forward to your cheap holiday to Benidorm each year while your more successful friends each drop their BMWs at the airport for their three weeks in the Carribbean.

It doesn't I'm 26 in a month and working in a job I could have done when I was 19. And probably for the same wage I was on when I was 19.

The sooner you realise life throws one shattered dream after another at you the better.

Then you can dig into the rat race and look forward to your cheap holiday to Benidorm each year while your more successful friends each drop their BMWs at the airport for their three weeks in the Carribbean.

suicide.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,283 ✭✭✭gucci

DesF wrote: »
    That feckin' Blueshirt Kenny was at the Stephen's Green Luas stop this morning, I stuck on my scowl-face, head down, mp3 player up loud, but he still managed to stick his hand into mine, and I think I heard him mumble "Nice to meet you".

:mad:
    Haha he has infected your fingers now and it will only tick a FG box from now on.

Wow i mentioned fingers, infected and box in one sentence.

gucci wrote: »
    Haha he has infected your fingers now and it will only tick a FG box from now on.
    :eek::eek:

NOOOOOOOO!!!!

gucci wrote: »

Wow i mentioned fingers, infected and box in one sentence.

:D

Xavi6 wrote: »
    suicide.jpg
    Wouldn't give them the satisfaction.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Time for lunch.

The thing with Aussie birds is that they have a severe advantage. They are all tanned due to the 364 days of hot sunny weather. And they are all sporty due to the 364 days of hot sunny weather so keep themselves in nice shape.

They are like Californians with a MUCH better accent.

I lived in Cambridge for 2 years working and used to pop down to London the odd weekend. Didn't frequent many night clubs - much rather sitting in The Lyric (decent Irish pub run by a cork man) or Waxy O'Connors (huge massive huge Irish 'chain' pub but really good craic and they lash on a live band or DJ late-on) until closing time.

Literally just used to go down to watch the GAA because nowhere in Cambridge had setanta.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement