Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Off Topic Thread & Off Topic Thread II - Collectors Edition Bumper Pack

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Hands up who has a sexy asian chick waiting for them in town and she's been waiting since she called me to wake me up? I even had a long shower. :D

/puts hand up

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

treat them mean, keep them keen Kold - you go man.

Its true, chivalry is dead.

Xavi6 wrote: »
    suicide.jpg

Is that Carlos "Ned" Mencia?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Just finished my last college exam evarrrrrrrr. Time to celebrate :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

Surely thats only your last college exam ever if you passed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

nice, now get a job you smelly hippy student.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

unless you fail and have to repeat:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,591 ✭✭✭patmac

Kold wrote: »
    Hands up who has a sexy asian wannabechick waiting for them in town and she's been waiting since she called me to wake me up? I even had a long shower. :D

/puts hand up

FYP

Surely thats only your last college exam ever if you passed.
    irishbird wrote: »
    unless you fail and have to repeat:)

Without wanting to jinx myself, I don't think I failed :)

DesF wrote: »
    nice, now get a job you smelly hippy student.
    Starting a two-year research masters in september, my hippy days are far from over :p

• Advertisement

shipoffailcl4.jpg

FAIL

Starting a two-year research masters in september, my hippy days are far from over :p

So you'll still be examined so!!

I finished college last May and celebrated like it was my last exam ever. i planned to go travelling, now Im workin as a trainee with 3 more years of exams before I can travel:(....never say never!:D:D:D

So you'll still be examined so!!
    Nope, research masters = thesis but no exams :D

I finished college last May and celebrated like it was my last exam ever. i planned to go travelling, now Im workin as a trainee with 3 more years of exams before I can travel:(....never say never!:D:D:D

Just let me say never, for today anyway :pac:

finished college last May and celebrated like it was my last exam ever. i planned to go travelling, now Im workin as a trainee with 3 more years of exams before I can travel....never say never!

Luckily I chose the other option and decided to go travelling rather than seek more education that I will never put to effective use.

1 circumnavigation of the globe later I am a lot better off for it.

Luckily I chose the other option and decided to go travelling rather than seek more education that I will never put to effective use.

1 circumnavigation of the globe later I am a lot better off for it.

Ill get there. Tbh im happy to get the last of my studies out of the way rather than have to come back after and do it which i doubt I could do.

i plan to be gone for a few years, planning to learn a language as part of my travels so will need to integrate myself somewhere, as well as the year in Oz, possibly a bit of time in Canada, good chance Ill be in my 30's by the time I get home so best be qualified!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 921 ✭✭✭Shaque attack

Ill get there. Tbh im happy to get the last of my studies out of the way rather than have to come back after and do it which i doubt I could do.

i plan to be gone for a few years, planning to learn a language as part of my travels so will need to integrate myself somewhere, as well as the year in Oz, possibly a bit of time in Canada, good chance Ill be in my 30's by the time I get home so best be qualified!!
    i like you're thinking, just make sure you follow through on it!

i went with the shivereskimo approach myself and loved it. hope to go traveliing again in the next year or two

• Advertisement

and out of date with possibly no work experience?

and out of date with possibly no work experience?

Work in Canada and Oz is the plan. AFIK its not gonna go out of date!! I might have forgotten a lot of it though! :D

Work in Canada and Oz is the plan. AFIK its not gonna go out of date!! I might have forgotten a lot of it though! :D

Ah sure we all had that plan unfortunantly you will end up working in a warehouse bargain basement sale selling knickers to auld ones praying for the odd hot bird to walk in to make your day.

Ah sure we all had that plan unfortunantly you will end up working in a warehouse bargain basement sale selling knickers to auld ones praying for the odd hot bird to walk in to make your day.

Ill try and avoid thinkin like that!!

Do you work with me?

• Advertisement

i have loads of repeats in august but i dont care and i am going to go to electric picnic instead WOO HOO

i have loads of repeats in august but i dont care and i am going to go to electric picnic instead WOO HOO

Exams are teh suck. Im doin exams at the moment. Finished on Friday, this weekends soul aim is to destroy the body.

Picnic has the silent disco doesnt it?! Silent discos are the greatest invention since batched bread!:cool:

Picnic has the silent disco doesnt it?! Silent discos are the greatest invention since batched bread!:cool:

yeah, it does but you have Q for hours and i couldnt be bothered. it looks brilliant though everyone bouncign around, doing the same actions but there is no music - class

yeah, it does but you have Q for hours and i couldnt be bothered. it looks brilliant though everyone bouncign around, doing the same actions but there is no music - class

Its great craic, u should try and catch it off peak times for a while. Its well worth it! The one i was at u could change station if u didnt like the song. There were 2 or 3 choices. Was funny watchin people go at different beats.

One of the lads started givin it socks dancin with one of the girls, he was listenin to some dance tune and she was listenin to Peter Andre!! they werent in sync!!

U also notice how little of the words of songs that people actually know!!

Grade A stuff though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

I'm telling Des you're are hitting on his bint

Mr Alan wrote: »

I'm telling Des you called her a bint.

Bint is an acceptable term for a female. FACT.

LOL, Mr. Alan are you feeling left out?

I like your thread over in the thunderdome

snitch.jpg

1st off.....bint? WTF!?

Secondly, that thread about you, comedy!!

that Thunderdrome is a strange place.

• Advertisement

that Thunderdrome is a strange place.

I know! I gave it a lash to see what it was all about. Should really just be called the random handbags forum!

Thanks Al, you're a real friend.

But at least he was doing it in the open, not like some of the weirdos on Boards sending random sleazy PMs. :rolleyes:

Desperate bastards.

Thanks Al, you're a real friend.

But at least he was doing it in the open, not like some of the weirdos on Boards sending random sleazy PMs. :rolleyes:

Desperate bastards.

U didnt write back to my sleazy PM. Why not?!

Ah, i like Mr. Alan, i kinda feel sorry for him and his little IQ.

Poor Mr. Alan

wat the ****?! and to think i tried to protect your honour :(

Des, control your bint

Des, control your bint

Is that what u think u did?! :D

Des, control your bint

You start taking Thunderdome posts seriously, you need to take a step back from the internet.

I don't go near the place tbh.

Meh, let them at it. If insulting people on an internet forum is good for their kicks, I couldn't care less.

Ignore it.

U didnt write back to my sleazy PM. Why not?!

I'm not talking to you.

I'm not talking to you.

:(:( What did I do this time?! Oh I forgot, you're still steaming mad cos I thought u were a Shels fan arent u!! :D:D

:(:( What did I do this time?! Oh I forgot, you're still steaming mad cos I thought u were a Shels fan arent u!! :D:D

You know I'm a Shels fan, but call me Pat's.

Then you try stealing me burd.

Neily, I thought you were sound.

• Advertisement

You know I'm a Shels fan, but call me Pat's.

Then you try stealing me burd.

Neily, I thought you were sound.

I said Shels!!

As for stealing your burd, I was giving helpful advice about the merits of putting headphones on your head amongst large crowds and singing along without knowing the words and somehow not feeling the blindest bit self conscious about it!!

Its ok though, out of respect for u Dessie I just wont talk to her again!!

He's a former United fan turned (puts neck on the line here) Shels (?) fan?!

U even quoted it yourself Mr.F!!! :pac::pac:

Des are you one of those lads who throws his arms clean around the bird when she gets even the slightest of looks from another guy?

I knew another guy like that once, we called him Stretch-Armstrong. It was like talking to a chick with a dead phoetus attached to her head - it didn't say anything, it was just stuck to her.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,071 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Lads, lads now come on, enough with the fussin' and the feudin', can't we just be a big happy bunch of big happy internet people?! Won't somebody think of the children?!

Des are you one of those lads who throws his arms clean around the bird when she gets even the slightest of looks from another guy?

I knew another guy like that once, we called him Stretch-Armstrong. It was like talking to a chick with a dead phoetus attached to her head - it didn't say anything, it was just stuck to her.
    :pac::pac: Nah he;s just lookin for reasons to be pizzed cos he thinks I called him a pats fan!!!

Your mate = ?
    Whipped_Magazine_for_Men.jpg

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    Lads, lads now come on, enough with the fussin' and the feudin', can't we just be a big happy bunch of big happy internet people?! Won't somebody think of the children?!
    :cool:

helenlovejoy.jpg

You start taking Thunderdome posts seriously, you need to take a step back from the internet.

I don't go near the place tbh.

Meh, let them at it. If insulting people on an internet forum is good for their kicks, I couldn't care less.

Ignore it.

People taking their e-persona seriously??? NEVER!!

• Advertisement

:pac::pac: Nah he;s just lookin for reasons to be pizzed cos he thinks I called him a pats fan!!!

Your mate = ?
    Whipped_Magazine_for_Men.jpg
    COmplete opposite - he was just uber jealous and literally put his head on her shoulder and wrapped his arms around her while you were trying to have a conversation with the girl. The most awkward situation imaginable.

COmplete opposite - he was just uber jealous and literally put his head on her shoulder and wrapped his arms around her while you were trying to have a conversation with the girl. The most awkward situation imaginable.

Had a mate like that. Its very uncomfortable.

Low self esteem is probably the reason for it. Id be PISSED if my gf (if I had one) was doin that to me, Id be all like (puts on Cartman voive) "Hey....bitch...why u all up in my space, u dont trust me eh! Whatever..whatever..i can do what I want"

th_Cartman.jpg

I do not condone the use of the word "bitch" to describe women. Quoting South Park requires me to do so!

ok lads......

group-hug.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,071 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

ok lads......

group-hug.jpg

thats more like it, though best be careful, can't have it developing into this;

southpark101_2D771689.jpg

That picture disturbing.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement