Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Off Topic Thread & Off Topic Thread II - Collectors Edition Bumper Pack

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

DesF wrote: »
    + a happy old woman.

:D

quiet you especially if you are expecting me to pay for dinner tonight :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,283 ✭✭✭gucci

ibh wrote: »
    Oh yea, I'm a Mechanical Engineer by day, bad amatuer footballer at the weekends and Dundalk FC fan 24/7........... Haven't heard any of those adverts recently..
    Something similar here....well i mean in the work wise, i dont do nothing with Dundalk.
    Moved to England because of the afore mentioned lack of jobs. More a mechanical/industrial designer......but i have been pigeon holed in a muck job, in a completely muck office (coincidentally,a completely different office than the open plan, bright, well air-conditioned one they showed me when i was being interviewed!)
    Hence why my post count is increasing by the hour.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

irishbird wrote: »
    hello football people

alright love ;)

you looking forward to watching the Princess Bride with Betty? :)

Mr Alan wrote: »
    alright love ;)

you looking forward to watching the Princess Bride with Betty? :)

:confused::confused::confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

:confused::confused::confused:

I told you about this ages ago.

• Advertisement

I told you about this ages ago.

right, you do realise i never really listen to you, dont you?

but i think i have a vauge recollection of you asking me if i had seen it but other then that it's a blur

right, you do realise i never really listen to you, dont you?
    So it's come to this.

Communicating in the Soccer forum.
    but i think i have a vauge recollection of you asking me if i had seen it but other then that it's a blur

Young Alan there said he'd send me the DVD.

I've never seen it, and I asked if it was the type of thing I should watch with you, or with a bunch of lads.

So it's come to this.

Communicating in the Soccer forum.

Young Alan there said he'd send me the DVD.

I've never seen it, and I asked if it was the type of thing I should watch with you, or with a bunch of lads.

and did he send it ? should you watch it with me, i think its a kids movie, isnt it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,071 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

So what do we all do?

Jobwise at the moment, nothing. Career wise, i have less then no idea. So far just been getting qualifications and a few months experience and then moving on. By the end of August they'll include degree in Business information systems, Masters in Multimedia and ...snowboard instructor! Really depressing though haven't a fukin notion what to do or where to do it...

Kudos on the Princess Bride incidentally, awesome movie.
    "My name is Inigo Montoya, you killed my father, prepare to die!"

and did he send it ? should you watch it with me, i think its a kids movie, isnt it
    He hasn't sent it yet, but he owes me from a bet, so I said he can send me the DVD instead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,071 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

its a movie for those with class, style, panache, those who's character contains a certain 'je ne sais qua'......and kids.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

I swear the two of yas are a PI thread waiting to happen.

He cares more about his internet friends then me, I now have to follow him around the internet if I want to talk.

[QUOTE=~Rebel~;56081469]Jobwise at the moment, nothing. Career wise, i have less then no idea. So far just been getting qualifications and a few months experience and then moving on. By the end of August they'll include degree in Business information systems, Masters in Multimedia and ...snowboard instructor! Really depressing though haven't a fukin notion what to do or where to do it...
    [/QUOTE]

You get your ass to some slopes and work the best job in the world! Man think of the lifestyle, just for a year or two? Winter northern hemisphere, summer southern hemisphere!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭ibh

gucci wrote: »
    You get your ass to some slopes and work the best job in the world! Man think of the lifestyle, just for a year or two? Winter northern hemisphere, summer southern hemisphere!

+1

gucci wrote: »
    Something similar here....well i mean in the work wise, i dont do nothing with Dundalk.
    Moved to England because of the afore mentioned lack of jobs. More a mechanical/industrial designer......but i have been pigeon holed in a muck job, in a completely muck office (coincidentally,a completely different office than the open plan, bright, well air-conditioned one they showed me when i was being interviewed!)
    Hence why my post count is increasing by the hour.

I had actually started contacting companies in London to try and get something, but just got lucky last week and got an interview on Tuesday in Belfast.
    even if i don't like the new job it will have to be better than the current role. I would compare my current boss (MD of the company as well) to Joe Stalin. He used to have the tache and all but he got rid of it. Someone probably mentioned that the similariites were too great.

Plan is to stay in the new company as a Mechanical Building Services Eng for about a year and then request an overseas move, as they have offices all over. Have my eye on Vancouver, but anywhere in Canada, Argentina or Australia will do for me.

Yeah i curse the day I got into component and product design and not building services....well no not really! when i get an interesting job its great to be able to shut out everything and work.
    But building services at the moment will give you massive options to travel. London should be destination number 1, ass load of building etc for the olympics.

i think my feet are shrinking.

Buy smaller shoes then.

OR, maybe you should read a bewk.

dahl%205%20the%20twits.jpg

i think my feet are stinking.

fixed that for you:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

fixed that for you:pac:

STOP FIXING THINGS THAT AREN'T BROKEN!

• Advertisement

Buy smaller shoes then.

I did.

Bought new shoes on my lunch. Had the send the girl back to change size three times. Each time going smaller :(

:eek: does that mean your man bits are shrinking too:eek:

no.

but they are having awful difficulties on this new chair i got for my desk :(

bad day all round.

:eek: does that mean your man bits are shrinking too:eek:

It would be internal if that happened.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,591 ✭✭✭patmac

no.

but they are having awful difficulties on this new chair i got for my desk :(

bad day all round.

I'm trying to figure that one out if it's related to the post above it.

it is related to the post above it.

Are u still mad at me Des?! :p

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

I did.

Bought new shoes on my lunch. Had the send the girl back to change size three times. Each time going smaller :(
    Exact same thing happened to my mate when we graduated. Tried a 10, then a 9, then a 7. I think he went for the seven after the nine so he'd need to ask for a bigger size to regain some of his digity but the even the 7 was a little big. He bough them and wore football socks under his suit that night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,908 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

I love Fridays. The International Rules series got confirmed for Perth, I got a ticket to go see Death Cab For Cutie in August and it's a long weekend :cool:

• Advertisement

Yea saw that the rules series was confirmed. Used to be a fan of it but I have become very sceptical in recent years. Hopefully it'll be better this year. Should be good to see if Ireland select most of the Oz based players. Especially Clarke who is a fcuking animal.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

Xavi6 wrote: »
    I love Fridays. The International Rules series got confirmed for Perth, I got a ticket to go see Death Cab For Cutie in August and it's a long weekend :cool:
    You must be the man to ask!

Is there many good players in the AFL who are Irish and should be in the Irish squad?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

It's Fritzl Friday again so fast.

chdpoker wrote: »
    You must be the man to ask!

Is there many good players in the AFL who are Irish and should be in the Irish squad?

Tadhg Kennelly, Martin Clarke and Colm Begley for definite. They're professionals and bound to be fitter than the amateur Irish players. Plus they're used to the roughness of the Aussie lads.

Setanta O'hAilpin probably will play but imo he shouldn't as it's not really a game for big players like him i.e. the Aussies never usually bring any of their 6ft8ins monsters, preferring shorter, quicker players.

Other than that the rest are all too young really to be considered.

went ot a dance recital in dun laoighre last night.

one of the part time girls in my workplace was in it and a couple of us went out.

actually really enjoyed it despite it being ballet and modern dance arty stuff.

strange that.

morning Xavi.

one of the part time girls in my workplace was in it and a couple of us went out.

strange that.

morning Xavi.

ghey.JPG

• Advertisement

strange that.

morning Xavi.

you Mr. A, there are certain things you should just keep to yourself

strange how i should keep going to a dance recital to myself, but giving out about my new chair yesterday was acceptable :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,591 ✭✭✭patmac

strange how i should keep going to a dance recital to myself, but giving out about my new chair yesterday was acceptable :)

As long as the two aren't related somehow.

Hi all. .o/

Ah, four day weekends.

The best kind :D

Hi all. .o/

Ah, four day weekends.

The best kind :D

If you are spending one of those days on boards surely its the same as being in work?

• Advertisement

If you are spending one of those days on boards surely its the same as being in work?

I'm only back in my apartment for a couple of hours, I'm heading away at 3, down the country for a weekend away from my gf the weekend.

I'm only back in my apartment for a couple of hours, I'm heading away at 3, down the country for a weekend away from my gf the weekend.

Are you sure one weekend is long enough.;)

I might never come back.

First time in 9 years I've been to the dentist.

1 small filling required only.

\o/

Did they clean your teeth?

Man, I love that feeling.

chris%20smile%20w%20sparkle1.jpg

Oi you :mad:
    I might never come back.

whatever!!!!!!! see if i care.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Sexual tension lingers.

They did indeed Des. I've got that sparkly feeling throughout. Forgotten what that felt like.

The best bit is that I didn't have to pay - had I know this PPS number stuff pays for the old checkeroos I'd have been a regular.

Yep, I go once around every six months, I'm due again actually.

Everyone should do it.

Brush twice a day, and use a mouthwash. My teeth are perfect, if not a little bit stained from nicotine and black tea.

In nine years I've brushed my teeth religously twice a day. I rarely use mouthwash.

I have a grand set of choppers aside from this 1 filling. I don't smoke, but I do drink a lot of milky tea.

Job done - it had been that long I was expecting root-canals and dental surgery and the like. Thankfully I've been let off. Here on in I'll be paying regular visits.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement