Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Off Topic Thread & Off Topic Thread II - Collectors Edition Bumper Pack

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

I hate the dentist, cant remember the last time I went. Although I am the same with doctors. I'm one of these people that if it aint hurting me enough to stop me getting out of bed then it isn't worth worrying about.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

I had that opinion until recently. Then my brother in-law went for a checkup after 4 years, no pain or anything, just thought he'd make the effort.

4 months later he's had two root-canals and about 3 fillings. The dentist told him that every root-canal starts with a small cavity that may not cause any pain.

The filling I'm getting next week is on a tooth that has never given me any problems.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭ibh

I've been avoiding the dentist for a few years now. I know i'm going to have a ****load of work needed and probably a face full of metal as well..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

ibh wrote: »
    I've been avoiding the dentist for a few years now. I know i'm going to have a ****load of work needed and probably a face full of metal as well..

yep me too, made an appointment a few months ago but ended up playing golf instead of going:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭Eirebear

The idea of going to the dentist scares the hell out of me, its been quite a while since i last seen one.

Ive been twice since getting my first ever filling, i thought there was a problem with the filling as it was making my tooth hurt like hell so i went back a week or so later and the dentist told me its fine, its just settling in.

abbout a year later the tooth containing the filling quite litarally exploded, the dentist i went to that time told me that the other guy had put too much filling material ino the cavity and ****ed not only that tooth, but the one next to it up completely.

I now look like a celtic fan(:p) and have a real fear of the dentists....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

Eirebear wrote: »
    The idea of going to the dentist scares the hell out of me, its been quite a while since i last seen one.

Ive been twice since getting my first ever filling, i thought there was a problem with the filling as it was making my tooth hurt like hell so i went back a week or so later and the dentist told me its fine, its just settling in.

abbout a year later the tooth containing the filling quite litarally exploded, the dentist i went to that time told me that the other guy had put too much filling material ino the cavity and ****ed not only that tooth, but the one next to it up completely.

Did you sue? Surely you would be entitled to a hell of a lot of compensation if you ended up looking like a celtic fan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭Eirebear

Did you sue? Surely you would be entitled to a hell of a lot of compensation if you ended up looking like a celtic fan.

lol i didnt mate, tbh the thought never crossed my mind and i really dont fancy having to get my gnashers examined by order of court!

Eirebear wrote: »

You didnt happen to tell the dentist you were a Rangers fan before you went in did you???:D

My dentist (well the guy i last went to) was a friend of my dad's who would ask me questions while his fcuking hands were in my mouth!!

lol- amazing how dentists expect you to hold a full conversation while they have drills, mirrors, needles and a pair of hands down your gob.

• Advertisement

Craic lads, just home from my last exam, finished now, hittin town tonight, Ill be sobering sometime aroun Monday!! Wish me luck!! :cool::D

PS Hi Des!! :D

Congratumalations.

I too will be drinking tonight. I bought a car off a gangster in Tallaght last weekend which is burning oil already.

Hurrah!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,908 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Bad: Back to work after the long weekend

Good: Three days into winter and it's 24 degrees with the sun beaming down. Happy fuckin days!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Another day, another dollar.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,283 ✭✭✭gucci

I had the most kick ass weekend ever in madrid at a rock festival.didnt sleep the whole weekend (well fri and sat nite, had to come back to england on sunday) stayed up boozing both nights. (tapped out for an hour or 2 sometime sat morn!)
    Seen Rage Against the Machine, a life long ambition and it was so worth the wait.
    Ended up being so plastered on Sunday morn that meself and 2of the lads were tackling me into big massive bins in the campsite cos we were still in "Munster" mode from the session in Cardiff the week before.....actually that was quite a week all round.

Now to try and motivate myself to "work"............iv nothing to look forward to!

gucci wrote: »
    I had the most kick ass weekend ever in madrid at a rock festival.didnt sleep the whole weekend (well fri and sat nite, had to come back to england on sunday) stayed up boozing both nights. (tapped out for an hour or 2 sometime sat morn!)
    Seen Rage Against the Machine, a life long ambition and it was so worth the wait.Ended up being so plastered on Sunday morn that meself and 2of the lads were tackling me into big massive bins in the campsite cos we were still in "Munster" mode from the session in Cardiff the week before.....actually that was quite a week all round.

Now to try and motivate myself to "work"............iv nothing to look forward to!

Ah man HOW FUCKING GOOD ARE THEY?!?!?! I saw them in February and it was the best single live music experience of my life. 2nd row from the front with the heat in the late 30s :cool:

• Advertisement

Seen Rage Against the Machine, a life long ambition and it was so worth the wait.
    Xavi6 wrote: »
    Ah man HOW FUCKING GOOD ARE THEY?!?!?! I saw them in February and it was the best single live music experience of my life. 2nd row from the front with the heat in the late 30s :cool:

Saw them years ago in Ireland and they were top class. Around the time of Evil Empire i think it was.

They're playing during the summer again. Don't know if i'll make it thou cause have something going on that weekend.

Have to dig out some albums again. On a side point Radiohead are getting a lot of airplay on the radio at the min cause they have a greatest hits album out and are touring. I don't mind what the reason for it is, but the more Radiohead being played, the better imo..

Yeah it was quite amazing.....bit more my cup of tae than elton john (sorry i cant let ya forget that one!)
    Ah it was excellent. really enjoyed it. Myself and 2 lads i lived with in college went over. Was unbelievable. We were right up the front too (well just behind the pit) but it was still savage.
    I posted this picture on the rock/metal forum of how they came on stage and performed bombtrack, the crowd just went insane....says it all really:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,591 ✭✭✭patmac

Was in Kitzbuhel(Austria) and met the Kerry manager Pat O'Shea who was involved in a GAA exhibition and afterwards I met Ronaldo in the VIP tent and he told me he was definitely moving to Real Madrid and the deal was done, and then the alarm went off, but remember you heard it hear first(or 207th).

Rage are one of the best live acts u can see. Epic gig for anyone who gets to see them (in a foreign country!;))

Bad: Back to work today after 5 weeks off.

Good: Im not studing or doin exams anymore so I have my evenings free to do the things I likes to do. Its a crackin day. I had a good run this mornin so feeling very energetic. Im goin to London on Friday so its only a 3 day week! I had a brilliant weekend!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Had a crackin weekend meself.

Six hour drive from Dublin to Dungarvan on Friday, including a three hour stint on the M50.

Straight to the local offie, beers and chipper, couple drinks in a really small country pub.

Spent all day Saturday drinking and sunning, got burnt too, but I'm nicely bronzed now. :cool:

Back on Sunday, couple beers and a DVD.

Then just walking around the Phoenix. Herself wanted to go to some flower show, but it was twenty five quid in ffs. We didn't go.

Twenty five quid to look at flowers? lol.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭Im_No_Superman

ibh wrote:
    On a side point Radiohead are getting a lot of airplay on the radio at the min cause they have a greatest hits album out and are touring. I don't mind what the reason for it is, but the more Radiohead being played, the better imo..

+1. My favourite band of all time.

Student life offically over now for me, I went out in style at the weekend! Was out celebrating thursday, friday, saturday and had afew quite ones sunday! Now to find a job!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Going to see Radiohead this Friday.

Cant wait.

DesF wrote: »
    Twenty five quid to look at flowers? lol.

yea some of the "older" ones in my workplace were talking about that this mornin, seems like an awful waste of money!

yea some of the "older" ones in my workplace were talking about that this mornin, seems like an awful waste of money!

I'd rather that than go see that Sex and the City ****

going to see Sex And The City on Wednesday :cool:

Are you going with a bint?

Is it a date?

Is it that Cork lass?

Mr Alan wrote: »

tshirt-m-ghey-Black-art-280.gif

Cant wait.

Dont bring any razors!

You steamer. Goin with one of your male buddies I presume.

Al, the really sad thing is that this doesnt suprise me!!

Sooner that thing is out of the cinema and out of peoples consciousness the better.

• Advertisement

You steamer.
    Rofl.

That word is underused tbh.

Quality word.

Dont bring any razors!

Are you on about the sex and the city film or radio head :D

Seriously man, bring mp3 or something to sex and the city, cos the bull that they will be talking on screen and the turkey talk of 200 women in the cinema will drive you demented!
    Actually i wonder what are the odds of the wimmin staying quite during the movie?

Rofl.

Quality word.

I prefer the unshortened "steamboat" tbh

Rofl.

Quality word.

Not by me. It's my favourite word to describe those of a homosexual nature. It's the business.

I'd rather that than go see that Sex and the City ****

I dunno Xavi, lookin at some flowers or lookin on as a bunch of spastics dress up as their favourite characters and sit there yelping all through. And then theres the film itself which if the show was anything to go by, will be more tedious than waiting for Ronaldo to make up his mind, and of course, then there is the shame of having gone to see it .... although Id expect abuse in equal measures for going to look at flowers - though u could at least pretend you're contimplating a career in botany!!

Are you on about the sex and the city film or radio head :D

Seriously man, bring mp3 or something to sex and the city, cos the bull that they will be talking on screen and the turkey talk of 200 women in the cinema will drive you demented!
    Actually i wonder what are the odds of the wimmin staying quite during the movie?

Both man, SATC could possibly be the most annoying craze in human history. Id rather sit at home alone staring at the wall than sit throught that drivel.

Not by me. It's my favourite word to describe those of a homosexual nature. It's the business.

Hmmm there are a few, but this could quickly be considered a "hate thread" if we start into that!! Ill just list one more and keep it understated......Benny!

Both man, SATC could possibly be the most annoying craze in human history. Id rather sit at home alone staring at the wall than sit throught that drivel.
    At least when a wall looks old, you can paint it and it will look good. The SATC birds.....the painting etc doesn't have the same effect.

At least when a wall looks old, you can paint it and it will look good. The SATC birds.....the painting etc doesn't have the same effect.

They have always been wrecked though, the only thing that couldd save them is Eva Longoria...now if they did a Desperate Housewives movie, with an 18's cert...Id go...with the headphones!!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

OMG - i an so sick of hearing all this SATC shi.te and now even the soccer heads are talking about it.

its a sad, sad day :(:(

• Advertisement

see betty, i work on a team with mainly women, and they're having a staff night out on Wednesday, something to eat followed by Sex And The City, they asked if i'd tag along, i, being the gent i am, said i would.

and Neil, Radiohead are ****ing class.

see betty, i work on a team with mainly women, and they're having a staff night out on Wednesday, something to eat followed by Sex And The City, they asked if i'd tag along, i, being the gent i am, said i would.

That's EXACTLY what a gay friend would do. Bet you enjoy it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Cant wait.

I'm going on the Sat. I'm also going to see them in Amsterdam on July 1st. <3

and Neil, Radiohead are ****ing class.

Thats no excuse, I would have said no! I bet Diane only asked u out of sympathy cos u were sittin there givin them the puppy dog look fishin for an invite!!! :pac:

Em, I disagree, I find they put me on a downer. They are preety good if you're in the right mood, but I dunno if Id retain the will to live after watching a whole show!

But thats why music is so good, its all about opinions!

Im suprised you're not listening to Girls Aloud and that sorta thing being that you're goin on a "team night" to see SATC!! Go team!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,071 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Al, to even this one out i think your gonna need to have sex with at least 3 of your co-workers (and male ones don't count..)

On the topic of movies, I went to see 'Funny Games U.S' yesterday. Most disturbing movie i've ever seen i think. no gorefest or cheap 'jump' scares, all very slow deliberate psychological stuff. Very well made movie, even kind of chastises you around the middle for being a sick **** paying in to watch it..

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    Al, to even this one out i think your gonna need to have sex with at least 3 of your co-workers (and male ones don't count..)

On the topic of movies, I went to see 'Funny Games U.S' yesterday. Most disturbing movie i've ever seen i think. no gorefest or cheap 'jump' scares, all very slow deliberate psychological stuff. Very well made movie, even kind of chastises you around the middle for being a sick **** paying in to watch it..

Ill go and see that soon so!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭Horsefumbler

Archimedes wrote: »
    us soccer nerds can chat amongst ourselves
    there's nothing nerdy about soccer darling ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 686 ✭✭✭corcaighcailin9

~Rebel~ wrote: »

Don't mind that sh!te Mr Alan SATC is great and it's not ghey for a fella to go and see it. Such children on boards :D

Don't mind that sh!te Mr Alan SATC is great and it's not ghey for a fella to go and see it. Such children on boards :D

So he is going with you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 686 ✭✭✭corcaighcailin9

No xavi i've already seen it. Sorry!

No xavi i've already seen it. Sorry!

For shame. Did you dress up like the rest of the clowns?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement