Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Off Topic Thread & Off Topic Thread II - Collectors Edition Bumper Pack

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Hello friends.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

DesF wrote: »
    Hello friends, enjoy the FAI Cup action over the weekend?.
    Sure did DesF, and a cracking game it was too. 3-0 was about right in the end.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

morning footie people

Good weekend everyone?!

Good weekend everyone?!

Had a great weekend.

BBQ on Friday, at which much beer was consumed, then hit town on Saturday night.

Relaxed yesterday, with a lovely bit of Roast Beef.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,283 ✭✭✭gucci

I went to this last night
    The guy on the left won, the guy on the right lost. Seen about 6 fights, i was pretty bored to be honest by the end of it. Even though the last fight was a cracker.
    I came out of it and asked myself that eternal question, would i have went if i didnt get the tickets for free? Answer is probably no! But its another experience marked down for the books!
    There was actually an irish guy on the bill too, he lost on points though (pure home town decision in my opinion) the guy that beat him was bigger and stronger, but the irish guy worked the ring very well and i thought he might have edged it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭ibh

I spent about 4 hrs on saturday cleaning my car to get it ready to be put up for sale. Then just when i finished and went to drive it the bastrad started overheating.. Waste of half a day. Offset this semi active start to the day with an afternoon and evening of watching Euro 08. Couldn't be arsed cooking at all of the weekend so it was Indian on friday, Crowne Plaza on saturday and the folks house for a steak last night.
    Got a cup quarter final to look forward to tonight against a team a division above us and a whole lot better so can't see it ending well..

gucci wrote: »
    The guy on the left won, the guy on the right lost. Seen about 6 fights, i was pretty bored to be honest by the end of it. Even though the last fight was a cracker.
    I came out of it and asked myself that eternal question, would i have went if i didnt get the tickets for free? Answer is probably no! But its another experience marked down for the books!
    There was actually an irish guy on the bill too, he lost on points though (pure home town decision in my opinion) the guy that beat him was bigger and stronger, but the irish guy worked the ring very well and i thought he might have edged it.

I went to the UFC on Saturday night..... was great fun. 2 nights out in London Friday and Saturday (after the UFC) and then a trip up to Wembley on Sunday before flyin home last night. Knackered today tho....

I went to the UFC on Saturday night..... was great fun. 2 nights out in London Friday and Saturday (after the UFC) and then a trip up to Wembley on Sunday before flyin home last night. Knackered today tho....

Was that in the O2 arena? was it your first time there? Savage venue isnt it? Seen Smashing Pumpkins there in Feb.

Was that in the O2 arena? was it your first time there? Savage venue isnt it? Seen Smashing Pumpkins there in Feb.

It was indeed. Great venue, looks uber cool at night too. No it wasnt my first time there, and wont be my last either I hope. Great city in general really.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

I worked til 4pm (saturday), was in a beer garden outside of town at 4:30 and passed out in bed at about 2:30 sunday morning. I'm still hungover. Had abotu 14/15 pints I think judging by the mathematics of change left out of the ton I took with me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,591 ✭✭✭patmac

How much were the tickets, I got ripped off at the last Bernard Dunne fight see this thread: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055272860&highlight=BERNARD+DUNNE&page=3

Basically I paid for €100 to see a non title fight from a seat at the back of the hall with a cameraman in my line of sight extreme rip off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

More water...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭delija_sever029

Acctually soda juice is always better than water for me in those situations...

I have to play indoor football for an hour this evening too.

Have to stop abusing my body like this. In future I'm going to play less football and drink more beer.

patmac wrote: »
    How much were the tickets, I got ripped off at the last Bernard Dunne fight see this thread: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055272860&highlight=BERNARD+DUNNE&page=3

Basically I paid for €100 to see a non title fight from a seat at the back of the hall with a cameraman in my line of sight extreme rip off.

Tickets for the kickboxing were £25, which all and all probably represented good value, the venue was poor and a bit run down, but it was a well run show and you were never hanging around long between fights and there was a good view from the seats. I got my tickets for free through connections with one of the fighters.

How much was UFC fight?

You should watch football these days mate,not playing

Acctually soda juice is always better than water for me in those situations...

What is soda juice?

Have to stop abusing myself like this.
    fixed

• Advertisement

What is soda juice?
    More importantly, what's the alcohol content?

Tickets for the kickboxing were £25, which all and all probably represented good value, the venue was poor and a bit run down, but it was a well run show and you were never hanging around long between fights and there was a good view from the seats. I got my tickets for free through connections with one of the fighters.

How much was UFC fight?

£175 STERLING. We paid extra for really good seats, if u wanted to sit in the upper tier it was anywhere between £50 and £75.

Pop juice,for hangover

£175 STERLING. We paid extra for really good seats, if u wanted to sit in the upper tier it was anywhere between £50 and £75.

Holy fricking robots batman, right, i feel like a right scabby git whinging about my free tickets for the kick boxing! I guess if i was going to pay £100+ for a ticket i would have the interest to study up on the fighters etc!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,908 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

I have to play indoor football for an hour this evening too.

Have to stop abusing my body like this. In future I'm going to play less football and drink more beer.

Just in the door from the oul indoor myself. Drew 3-3. Coulda nicked it in the last 10 seconds but my stupid bollox of team mate chose to shoot instead of squaring the ball to an unmarked me. Disgusted.

On a brighter note, both our club teams won yesterday so scoops were had.

Holy fricking robots batman, right, i feel like a right scabby git whinging about my free tickets for the kick boxing! I guess if i was going to pay £100+ for a ticket i would have the interest to study up on the fighters etc!

Well its my favourite sport, even more so than soccerball so it was fine for me. The whole weekend was costly but hey, its a trip to London, has to be done!!

• Advertisement

I'm finishing work tomo at 6 and am off til Tuesday. I am going to Edinburgh to drink and watch football.

Anyone want to tell me they are jealous so I feel even better about this fact?

My brother just emailed me to tell me that our local senior gaa team is playing a match tomorrow night and he is raging because he has been putting in some serious time over the last few days working in an ass groove into his new recliner.
    He started off with a 8am for the rugby on sat, all the way through the day til after the portugal game. And yesterday done a 2pm to 10pm shift with the GAA and the soccer again!!
    Fat BA$tard

I'm finishing work tomo at 6 and am off til Tuesday. I am going to Edinburgh to drink and watch football.

Anyone want to tell me they are jealous so I feel even better about this fact?
    Not really.

Sherifu wrote: »
    Not really.
    Dammit. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

What is soda juice?

Ah Des i didn't know you were black!:D(see video)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,908 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Looks like winter's finally arrived. The town an hour south of me had a tornado today that destroyed a number of houses and cut power to 16,000 homes. The rain has been unreal all day.

It feels strange saying this but its 24 degrees here in sunny Northern Ireland.
    Don't worry though, as soon as i have a day off it'll pish down on me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

You see people give out about Irelands crap/mediocre weather but at least we avoid the auld natural disasters thing and having to worry about the possibilty of rebuilding our home every year.

You see people give out about Irelands crap/mediocre weather but at least we avoid the auld natural disasters thing and having to worry about the possibilty of rebuilding our home every year.
    "Next year i'm gonna put that wall over there." It has a charm to it.

I've got a solution for them. Build your house from concrete blocks and it won't blow away in the fcuking wind. Also don't put a galvanised roof on it. It's so 1940's Ireland..:D

I have to say, I'm a tad disappointed with the TV Coverage of the Euro Championships so far.

Usually the directors are good at picking out the quality in the crowd, but the closest we've come this time is a few young ones cheering during the Portugal game.

wtf? Get on it lads ffs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

I have to say, I'm a tad disappointed with the TV Coverage of the Euro Championships so far.

Usually the directors are good at picking out the quality in the crowd, but the closest we've come this time is a few young ones cheering during the Portugal game.

wtf? Get on it lads ffs.

It's the lack of South Americans :(

It's the lack of South Americans :(

Dutch, Portuguese, Croatian...

There has to be something in that lot.

a few young ones cheering during the Portugal game.
    kidsrunningte5.jpg

:D

Not that young.

• Advertisement

wgfjsv21eagnbexti36.png

Seen this?

Post #2 is me in that thread :D

Sadly I wasn't arsed making up anything on the spot. Just lazy tonight. :-/

Post #2 is me in that thread :D
    Oh yeah.
    Sadly I wasn't arsed making up anything on the spot. Just lazy tonight. :-/

I'm lazy every night.

Hmmm, Bones is on.

Hmmm, Bones is on.

Not a fan, it's way too "soapy" for me.

I'd horse it into the Deschanel one though.

emily_deschanel_2.jpg

Or is her sister better?

Hmmmmm

G156386_b.jpg

Choices eh?

0000030313_20060924060602.jpg

Zooey has the HHGTTG thing going on.

She is a fine looking woman. I've always been interested by David Boreanaz. Fascinating bone structure.

She is a fine looking woman. I've always been interested by David Boreanaz. Fascinating bone structure.

ghey.JPG

Expected that.

• Advertisement

This is my 15kth post.

Thought I'd stick it in here.

There you go

115912723415000zj8.jpg

Woo and indeed hoo

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement