Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Off Topic Thread & Off Topic Thread II - Collectors Edition Bumper Pack

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,438 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

DesF wrote: »
    This is my 15kth post.

Thought I'd stick it in here.

There you go

115912723415000zj8.jpg

Woo and indeed hoo

Fair play DesF, that's some contribution!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

Good lord I thought I was addicted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,283 ✭✭✭gucci

Congrats Des, thats quite spectacular....I'm sure you have argued manys a fair and also biased points over the years!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

gucci wrote: »
    Congrats Des, thats quite spectacular....I'm sure you have argued manys a fair and also biased points over the years!!
    Mostly shíte.

Sometimes fair.

Always biased.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Well done Betty, thats a lot of posts.

:)

• Advertisement

...or bludgeoned people into submission with his brick-wall opinions 15,000 times.

Not to worry though - the way Mr. Alan is posting he'll be up with Des by friday week.

If I change jobs again theres not a hope of me reaching 3K posts!

If I change jobs again theres not a hope of me reaching 3K posts!

you can do it! I believe in you :cool:

Mr Alan wrote: »
    you can do it! I believe in you :cool:

What change jobs, or reach 3000 posts? :D
    Possibly all thats keeping me in a job here is the fact i cant access job websites from work!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Congrats Des. Morning all.

• Advertisement

This is like a little gentlemans club during the day, love it love it love it!

The idea of this forum without this thread makes me sad, superb work from the OP

Mr Alan wrote: »
    This is like a little gentlemans club during the day, love it love it love it!
    179876348_b95bb54802.jpg

Actually, seen as you put a picture of the george up there....did anyone every go "up the back passage" so to speak (Cue a load of abuse for me!) , down the side of the george towards Christchurch? theres a little post box on the wall with "Letters to God" wrote on it....kinda cool,wish i had my camera the last day i was passing!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,908 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Jeez this mobile site thingy is super. Now I can post crap on the way home too! Congrats Des btw
    Posted from the train on my way home.

Xavi - I have to ask - is the misspelling of France in your tagline intentional? If not - what is Grance?

That Serbian dude, delija, he posted a match thread for Romania-France the other day, and he misspelled France in the title.

It kind of took on a lofe of it's own.

Grance FTW!

Home safe and sound.

Indeed, Grance FTW! (It's intentionally on my part, it wasn't on the other lad's)

Grance has already won in my eyes :pac:

Cant believe you're supporting Grance Xavi, not Spain? :pac:

Come on the Gwedes!

Cant believe you're supporting Grance Xavi, not Spain? :pac:

Come on the Gwedes!

Money comes before the heart I'm afraid, though I did have my Spanish Xavi jersey and shorts on last night :cool:

• Advertisement

Has your jersey the right number for Xavi on it? He was wearing 8 yesterday, and your icon has him no.6................would hate for you to look stoopid now!

6 For Barca, 8 for Spain

No screw ups for me. This is the exact one I got -

4a9f_1.JPG

6 For Barca, 8 for Spain

Ya i know man, just was making sure there was no amateur mistakes made. Kind of annoying, i wanna get a Macherano international jersey and as Tusky pointed out to me, his number changes quite a bit!

Looks sweet Xavi6.

All the poor saps who got 'Ronaldo 17' on the new Portugal jersey only for him to change to 7 just before the tournament. All the big sites and eBay had heaps of the 17 ones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

I'd hate to have a triple chin and be wearing the Portugal jersey. The neck design wouldn't suit it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭ibh

Xavi6 wrote: »
    No screw ups for me. This is the exact one I got -

4a9f_1.JPG

Does anyone (Xavi?) have a link to the site with the jerseys with name and number that was pretty cheap. I remember seeing them here a couple of weeks ago but I have sh1tloads of work to do so not enough time to trawl through looking for it.

I was looking for a Spain jersey cause I'm going to their 1/4 final (all results going to plan of course). Another question I have is if it would be a problem at a 1/4 final match being in a section with opposing fans wearing a Spain jersey? I don't know where my ticket is for. Just saw the group stages has the fans pretty well divided. Does this go out the window for 1/4's?

Cheers.

ibh wrote: »
    Does anyone (Xavi?) have a link to the site with the jerseys with name and number that was pretty cheap. I remember seeing them here a couple of weeks ago but I have sh1tloads of work to do so not enough time to trawl through looking for it.

I can find one for you now if you want. Ebay is definitely the best to get one on the cheap. What country would it be getting posted to and do you want a name/number on it?

• Advertisement

Tomorrow's the day for Lisbon.

Money comes before the heart I'm afraid, though I did have my Spanish Xavi jersey and shorts on last night :cool:

Ah yes u got Grance in the draw didnt u?! Harsh, they played like a team of individuals the other night...Germany FTW!

I'd hate to have a triple chin and be wearing the Portugal jersey. The neck design wouldn't suit it.

Triple chins dont suit alot of shirts......:pac::pac::pac:

I can find one for you now if you want. Ebay is definitely the best to get one on the cheap. What country would it be getting posted to and do you want a name/number on it?

Yea i am looking for a name and number and it'd be posted to Ireland. I did look on ebay before but i was a bit wary of being sold a fake..

I grew a beard to cover mine.

ibh wrote: »
    Yea i am looking for a name and number and it'd be posted to Ireland. I did look on ebay before but i was a bit wary of being sold a fake..

Nah you'll be grand. I've bought about 6 jerseys in the last year and all are good. Just look for tags in the photo that they provide.

Now, any player in particular?

• Advertisement

Presently working on mine, think im up to the 5/6 week stage.....kind of grew it to piss people off at work, cos im now being made to dress formally / gheyly, but everyone is telling me it suits me. Obviously reverse psychology or something.

Funking dress codes....load of me arse.

Nah you'll be grand. I've bought about 6 jerseys in the last year and all are good. Just look for tags in the photo that they provide.

Now, any player in particular?

Yea I was hoping for Iniesta or if not, maybe Villa??

Cheers btw..

I must say I love it.

Iniesta -

http://cgi.ebay.ie/6-A-INIESTA-ESPANA-EURO-2008-ROJA-TALLA-M_W0QQitemZ320261890821QQihZ011QQcategoryZ70862QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

To 'Buy It Now' and to include P&P it'll be €50

David Villa -

http://cgi.ebay.ie/NEW-EURO-2008-SPAIN-Espana-HOME-SHIRT-DAVID-VILLA-7_W0QQitemZ220244790383QQihZ012QQcategoryZ2999QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

To 'Buy It Now' and to include P&P it'll be approx. €30

Buy It Now is the best really cause you're guaranteed to get it and if you're in a hurry for it you don't need to wait for bidding to end.

I must say I love it.

I love you estie baby.

• Advertisement

Iniesta -

http://cgi.ebay.ie/6-A-INIESTA-ESPANA-EURO-2008-ROJA-TALLA-M_W0QQitemZ320261890821QQihZ011QQcategoryZ70862QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

To 'Buy It Now' and to include P&P it'll be €50

David Villa -

http://cgi.ebay.ie/NEW-EURO-2008-SPAIN-Espana-HOME-SHIRT-DAVID-VILLA-7_W0QQitemZ220244790383QQihZ012QQcategoryZ2999QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

To 'Buy It Now' and to include P&P it'll be approx. €30

Buy It Now is the best really cause you're guaranteed to get it and if you're in a hurry for it you don't need to wait for bidding to end.

Cheers man, I'll definately give it a shot on this.
    Thanks

No bother. Just make sure you specify what size you want when you place an order. I alwats go for medium cause they're a big enough fit.

No bother. Just make sure you specify what size you want when you place an order. I alwats go for medium cause they're a big enough fit.

I always go for double ex el for the same reason.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,845 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Anyone seen the film Primer?

I love you estie baby.

26988_lg.gif

Yea i usually take a chance on a medium. I did however get stung with a tightass medium Lyon jersey that my brother sent me from France. It was a class Benzema 17 jersey from his debut season and the filthy mo-fo is too tight to wear without looking like a fag.
    Must be that Umbro make em smaller. Don't usually buy Umbro jerseys. Mostly cause they're shit.

The only Umbro jersey I have is the Ireland jersey...I hope they get a new sponsor in 2012.

The only Umbro jersey I have is the Ireland jersey...I hope they get a new sponsor in 2012.

Why were you so mean to me?

The Ireland jersey should have no sponsor :mad:

I hope they get a new jersey without a sponsor, then maybe i'll buy it..

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement