Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Off Topic Thread & Off Topic Thread II - Collectors Edition Bumper Pack

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Mr Alan wrote: »

298132126_fc3f0118ed.jpg?v=0

cant beat....????

corkpatst2(5).gif

you have got to be taking the piss! :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

298132126_fc3f0118ed.jpg?v=0

Looks like a kitten head's at the far right edge of the island, don't you think?

I do indeed, couple of freaky rock formations like that around the penninsula....way too much free time as a child! :o

I hate when Boards goes all funny :(

Night Night, bit of the Mac to top the day off! :D

what the **** is wrong with people on Youtube... check this out, its meant to be the above song....

What on earth came into her that she thought that would be a good idea?

If you cant sing or play guitar Lyndsey Buckingham is not the man to try and cover, christ the world is mental :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,072 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

People are idiots Mr Alan.

Anyone else like Django Reinhardt actually?
    Hero of a man, was teh best guitarist in the world for a while (back in the 30's and 40's), which is pretty incredible considering at 18, this happened;
    Returning from a performance late one night, Django apparently knocked over a candle on his way to bed. While his family and neighbors were quick to pull him to safety, he received first- and second-degree burns over half his body. His right leg was paralyzed and the third and fourth fingers of his left hand were badly burnt. Doctors believed that he would never play guitar again and intended to amputate one of his legs. Reinhardt refused to have the surgery and left the hospital after a short time; he was able to walk within a year with the aid of a cane.

His brother Joseph Reinhardt, an accomplished guitarist himself, bought Django a new guitar. With painful rehabilitation and practice Django relearned his craft in a completely new way, even as his third and fourth fingers remained partially paralyzed. Hence, he played all of his guitar solos with only two fingers, and managed to use the two injured digits only for chord work.

Nagasaki (written long long before the event which made nagasaki famous incidentally)

Minor Swing

Tears (not particularly incredible guitar, just a pretty cool little song with his buddy Stéphane Grappelli, the violinist)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,845 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

I live with a MEME

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,283 ✭✭✭gucci

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    People are idiots Mr Alan.

Anyone else like Django Reinhardt actually?
    Hero of a man, was teh best guitarist in the world for a while (back in the 30's and 40's), which is pretty incredible considering at 18, this happened;

Yes superb guitar player! Real style to the man.
    Actually I dont know if you listen to rodrigo y gabriela? But he has cut his hair!!! Went on to their website yesterday!!
    What a quitter!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭IrishMike

Anyone recommend a way to remove a copperface jacks stamp from your hand?
    Im flippin dyin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,908 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Lol Slapperface Cock's on a Thursday? Must've been rough I'd say!

Mornin gents!

IrishMike wrote: »
    Anyone recommend a way to remove a copperface jacks stamp from your hand?
    Im flippin dyin

Soap and elbow grease my friend! Im a season cooopers vetern so I know best!! Soap and elbow grease!
    Xavi6 wrote: »

Any night of the week that place is full....sure Im goin there tonight!!

Best part is its a free for all, its VERY hard to get kicked outta there! Happened me once tho :( Once you're not (yes I said NOT) on the pull its a good place to go just to have the craic.

• Advertisement

Never let no bouncers brand you on the hand with their marks, i always get it well up the my arm, between wrist and elbow, easier to hide when you are dying and cant get it off.
    Also half the reason they put it on your hands is so they can spot you the next day I reckon!

And for what its worth CPJ is a dump...but most night clubs in Dublin are.....dont think I like any!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Morning men. \o/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭pvt.joker

Mornin

Mornin again! How are we?!

gucci wrote:
    And for what its worth CPJ is a dump...but most night clubs in Dublin are.....dont think I like any!

Absolutely it is, but its fun. The people in there dont have the snobby attitude u get in other places.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

DesF wrote: »
    I lived on the first turn left up from the beach, after the CBH, one minute from beer, two minutes from the beach. Perfect.

The apartment was a dive though.

Vicar Street it was called. Sept '05 to Feb'06.

Good times.

When were you there?

Ah yes Vicar street. It was like a little Ireland in Coogee. We had a fairly nice apartment so it was all good. It did get wrecked at least four times a week though. Just to lazy to remove all the stubbies.

EH trying to think about dates I think it was September 06 - Jan 07. I arrived in Melbourne Feb 06.

So I watched a film called "this is england" last night. Anyone seen it? About a young lad who joins up with a bunch of skinheads and goes about the place beating up foreigners...anyone who's not "english".
    Quality film, shocking stuff though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭ibh

Ah yes Vicar street. It was like a little Ireland in Coogee. We had a fairly nice apartment so it was all good. It did get wrecked at least four times a week though. Just to lazy to remove all the stubbies.

EH trying to think about dates I think it was September 06 - Jan 07. I arrived in Melbourne Feb 06.

I was around at that time as well. Arrived in Sydney in Feb06 and left in December. Was a killer watching the World cup on Southern Hemisphere time.

Mornin again! How are we?!

Absolutely it is, but its fun. The people in there dont have the snobby attitude u get in other places.

True, true, but theres a fine line between snobbiness and red-neckedness.
    I would prefer craic than snobbiness, but a bit too much back slapping/arm thumping/foot stomping farmer action goes on in coppers for my liking, especially the downstairs part!!
    Its actually been over a year since i have been there....i feel so cultured! :p

Guess it helps when I dont live in Dublin anymore so cant be tempted!

pvt.joker wrote: »
    So I watched a film called "this is england" last night. Anyone seen it? About a young lad who joins up with a bunch of skinheads and goes about the place beating up foreigners...anyone who's not "english".

Haven't seen it yet but I have heard about it.. Heard it is gratuitously violent, which is a good start.

I'll pay 20 euro to the first man who can order a pint downstairs in CFJ, and make it to the other side of the room without half his pint being spilled over him / spilled over other people.

• Advertisement

ibh wrote: »
    Haven't seen it yet but I have heard about it.. Heard it is gratuitously violent, which is a good start.

quality film :cool: Very racist though :eek:

I was around at that time as well. Arrived in Sydney in Feb06 and left in December. Was a killer watching the World cup on Southern Hemisphere time.

Please tell me you didn;t stay in Sydney that long?

Yeah the world cup was killer. I was in Perth at the time which and even bigger time difference. Watched all the knockout games but just couldn't get out of bed for the final (too drunk). We were driving to Perth during the opening group games stopped in a little town for the night of Australias first game. Went in to the only pub in town. Are you showing the match tonight? (now the oz match was on earlyish). The reply we got was "What match?" and there is me standing in my socceroo jersey and all.

Yeah its good film alright, you cant beat a good skin head movie......american history x, romper stomper etc! The young lad is savage in that....is he the same kid who was in eastenders a while back? (Honest I dont watch, hence why im asking....there was some kid who was going around with a gang and think he got stabbed or something!?)

I'll pay 20 euro to the first man who can order a pint downstairs in CFJ, and make it to the other side of the room without half his pint being spilled over him / spilled over other people.

Maybe thats why the Jerry Flannery and them drink there, to help their game practicing the above drill

gucci wrote: »
    Maybe thats why the Jerry Flannery and them drink there, to help their game practicing the above drill

lol, you could be onto something there.

I heard Mark Vaughan got his jaw broken by a punch from a Dublin fan there last year also. Rough spot when a fight breaks out

I dont like what theyve done with the upstairs either, its a bit weird looking

Drink half then walk, easy. Mail the €20 to me!

Actually heres a debate....whats the worst/roughest nightclub you have been to? (Can be ireland or abroad!)
    I nominate Kearneys in Ennis, Co. Clare.
    Absolute dump.
    Serve beer in cans (about a choice of 3) and i have never seen more teeth/blood on the floor of a toilet in my life :pac::pac:
    When you walk into a club and fight club is on all the TVs, you know its a classy joint!

Yeah the world cup was killer. I was in Perth at the time which and even bigger time difference. Watched all the knockout games but just couldn't get out of bed for the final (too drunk). We were driving to Perth during the opening group games stopped in a little town for the night of Australias first game. Went in to the only pub in town. Are you showing the match tonight? (now the oz match was on earlyish). The reply we got was "What match?" and there is me standing in my socceroo jersey and all.

Hell yeah I stayed in Sydney that long. Had a job that I loved and was playing football with a local team there. I had a tough decision to make to leave at all. Ended up doing it to come back here and move into a job in my field.
    Didn't hang around the Irish bars really and wasn't into the idea of staying somewhere for 3 months and moving on to the next joint.
    Saw a lot of Australia though, except for WA and NT, but I did love Perth.

Most the guys I worked with could name 2 or 3 Aussie players, at best. They couldn't believe that I pretty much new all their players.
    They also thought that after a couple of decent results, they would win the tournament!! Positive attitude anyway..

Actually heres a debate....whats the worst/roughest nightclub you have been to? (Can be ireland or abroad!)
    I nominate Kearneys in Ennis, Co. Clare.
    Absolute dump.
    Serve beer in cans (about a choice of 3) and i have never seen more teeth/blood on the floor of a toilet in my life :pac::pac:
    When you walk into a club and fight club is on all the TVs, you know its a classy joint!

Dunno the name of the place but was in a rough club out near Lucan one time, being a big fella myself I got extra attention from the so called tough guys eye ballin me and all that. I just used the Jedi mind trick on them and had the craic ignorin the pr1cks.

Worst club Ive been in though was over in Manchester, some kip, we stayed less than 15 minutes, one drink and then left.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭IrishMike

Im goin to die!
    Never let no bouncers brand you on the hand with their marks, i always get it well up the my arm, between wrist and elbow, easier to hide when you are dying and cant get it off.
    Also half the reason they put it on your hands is so they can spot you the next day I reckon!

Place is unreal, makes me wonder why the hell im not single.
    Like shooting fish in a barrel
    If only my gun hadnt been decommisioned :(

Ok I don’t know the name of the place but definitely a pub we went to in Broome (top of the west coast of Oz). Stayed only a couple of hours while watching an Aussie rules match and we seen about 4/5 fights break out between aboriginals. Now they are some of the roughest fights you will ever see, it was like watching pikey boxing live.

Also a pub in Canada where the bouncer outside was being threatened with getting shot and I got a bloody nose off a bunch of latinos. Very dodgy crowd and it was my birthday too.:(

For Ireland I'm not sure really, never really been anywhere I would consider too rough. At least none I can think of off the top of my head.

IrishMike wrote: »
    Im goin to die!

Place is unreal, makes me wonder why the hell im not single.
    Like shooting fish in a barrel
    If only my gun hadnt been decommisioned :(

Its funny the amount of lads that go there lookin for easy women, turns the place into a goddammned cattle mart! I just dont bother. I just go there to go mad and not have to worry about gettin kicked out. Its always full nomatter what night of the week it is too!

I remember I used to slag off mates who went there before I went myself. U cant knock it till u try it.

Hell yeah I stayed in Sydney that long. Had a job that I loved and was playing football with a local team there. I had a tough decision to make to leave at all. Ended up doing it to come back here and move into a job in my field.
    Didn't hang around the Irish bars really and wasn't into the idea of staying somewhere for 3 months and moving on to the next joint.
    Saw a lot of Australia though, except for WA and NT, but I did love Perth.

Most the guys I worked with could name 2 or 3 Aussie players, at best. They couldn't believe that I pretty much new all their players.
    They also thought that after a couple of decent results, they would win the tournament!! Positive attitude anyway..

That is a long time in Sydney. I done the whole travelling thing. Drove the complete way around Australia clockwise from Melbourne to Sydney. Didn't hang around the "Irsh bars" much either. Cock and Bull in Bondi Junction? What a hole couldn't stand the place. CBH/Hunter Barand The palace were my main bars.

That is a long time in Sydney. I done the whole travelling thing. Drove the complete way around Australia clockwise from Melbourne to Sydney. Didn't hang around the "Irsh bars" much either. Cock and Bull in Bondi Junction? What a hole couldn't stand the place. CBH/Hunter Barand The palace were my main bars.

Yea Cock & Bull was a dump. But I used to meet a couple of mates there on a Monday night for the table quiz. Used to get loads of free jugs of beer at it.

I didn't just travel for 12 months which is why i was able to spend ages in Sydney. Went to NZ and all round OZ and then went to South Africa, Namibia (briefly) and Mozambique.
    Met a girl from Zimbabwe leaving Southa Africa and she told me that she was heading to Canada to get away from the trouble with Mugabe in Zimbabwe. I thought she was overreacting and feeding me with bull**** about some of the stuff going on. Think she made the right move afterall...
    My favourite places in eastern Suburbs were Watsons Bay and Clovelly. Loved the Clovelly bay hotel. Good atmosphere, good food and cold beer. Cant beat that!!;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,908 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

WA has less of a time difference than the east coast by two hours.

• Advertisement

Yea sometimes thats worse though. A game at 8pm here means getting up early in the morning in Sydney. It means getting up in the middle of the night in Perth. I'm sure you are well aware of it at the min with the Euros on anyway!!

:confused: Wow I am confused. I remember the group games being on earlier, that the knockout games thats whats confusing me.

IBH just sorted out what I meant.

Never went to the clovelly bay hotel and that was prob closer to us than the CBH. The palace was the best place for a Sunday session. The view from that balcony having a couple of cold jugs or cheap Corona was amazing.

Yes superb guitar player! Real style to the man.
    Actually I dont know if you listen to rodrigo y gabriela? But he has cut his hair!!! Went on to their website yesterday!!
    What a quitter!!

Yeah would definately be a fan of theirs. Surprised he cut his hair - softcore!

Met them a few years ago in my local of all places. He was a bit standoffish but she was really sound (and savage!), stayed chatting for about 20mins. Think i lost some of my cool laid back persona when I went around the corner to my place and brought back 2 albums to sign though...couldn't resist!

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    Yeah would definately be a fan of theirs. Surprised he cut his hair - softcore!

Met them a few years ago in my local of all places. He was a bit standoffish but she was really sound (and savage!), stayed chatting for about 20mins. Think i lost some of my cool laid back persona when I went around the corner to my place and brought back 2 albums to sign though...couldn't resist!

Where did you meet them? I met them once in Sligo and again in Manorhamilton (Leitrim but close to sligo) I think he is just a quiet, shy guy really, but she is obviously far more out going, and man she oozes sex appeal the way she is so passionate about music!
    Never got them to sign anything though, but me and Rod we're both wearing the same soulfly t shirt (the one he wears in tutorial video!)

Where did you meet them? I met them once in Sligo and again in Manorhamilton (Leitrim but close to sligo) I think he is just a quiet, shy guy really, but she is obviously far more out going, and man she oozes sex appeal the way she is so passionate about music!
    Never got them to sign anything though, but me and Rod we're both wearing the same soulfly t shirt (the one he wears in tutorial video!)

Was kind of funny, they were going to be playing in the Cruicsin Lan in cork, near where i lived so myself and a buddy went down during the day to try and get tickets, but they were sold out. A bit pissed off, we went up the road to the usual (and awesome for daydrinking - amazing beer garden!) Fionbarras. Low and behold the two of them were sitting inside having a pint. Couldn't resist going up and sayin hello. I think your right about him being more shy alright, and his english wasn't great at all at that point either. This would have been 4 years ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭ITT-Pat

anyone know if there is a Euro 2008 round-up on tonight?

Gonna be on the safe side and say Not Safe For Work

Anyone hear/see anything about this? wat the ****?!?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭Im_No_Superman

Never mind not safe for work, not safe for human eyes would be a better description! :) Id say its pure muck. If your heading to the cinema check out Gone Baby Gone, I saw it last week, good film.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭Drag00n79

I saw that trailer in the Odeon in Manchester last month and everyone in the cinema pissed themselves laughing. I know its not meant to be a comedy but the idea of it is so fücking ludicrous that everyone laughed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭Drag00n79

If your heading to the cinema check out Gone Baby Gone, I saw it last week, good film.
    Ya, it's a good show alright.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

What the hell is that all about!!!!!! You see, this is the kind of woman you pick up at CFJ

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

Apparently it is a very old very real phobia that lots of men have...

and I thought I was the only one...

Man that looks like a funny movie, hope she flosses........

This place is wayyy too quiet today :(

I may have to say something controversial somewhere...hhhmmm

Go on.......say something conterversial!
    Was in merrion square on saturday, the street performers festival....alot of very very talented bums and hippies

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement