Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Off Topic Thread & Off Topic Thread II - Collectors Edition Bumper Pack

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

i would take his last official comment as the last interview he gave, which was with GB tonight :)

xavi lad, u wanna get a bit of respect my friend! golf is a great sport. and Tiger is the greatest sportsman of our generation.

check this **** out;

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭Im_No_Superman

Mr Alan wrote: »
    Kryogen, that vid is quite outdated, he gave an interview tonight to GB the most respected football journalist on all matters spanish and was not quite as clear as that video. just so you know ;)

Off the topic of the sleazy Portgeezey,hes talked about enough, but now this is a real sportsman, tiger woods won the US Open on Monday in a playoff, despite being in very visible pain for much of the tournament, its been discovered today that he has a ruptured anterior cruciate ligament that will require reconstructive surgery and was also playing had a double stress fracture of his left tibia.

Wat a ****ing legend. truely remarkable, now...THERE is a modern sporting great.
    +1. He is unbelievable, living legend imo.
    Paul Casey has revealed that Tiger Woods' knee was making 'weird noises' during his remarkable US Open win..............."Noises from the knee doesn't sound particularly good to me. He said there was a moment, I think on the 18th, where he stepped up to hit his tee shot and backed off because of weird noises.

"They all chuckled and he said 'I shouldn't hit this one too hard'. He got it in play and made eagle. Amazing.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12176_3707455,00.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,908 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Ah he's overrated, sure anyone who gets injured on what is effectively a long walk isn't an athlete :p

i would take his last official comment as the last interview he gave, which was with GB tonight :)

xavi lad, u wanna get a bit of respect my friend! golf is a great sport. and Tiger is the greatest sportsman of our generation.

check this **** out;

Not everyone thinks golf is great, Golf forum
    >

One thing that bugs me is when people call golfers "athletes"!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Injured from playing golf. Lol

lol

I Fúcking hate golf, people who play it, and most especially people who watch it.

They say golf is a good way to ruin a nice walk. Well, I say golf is a good way to ruin a nice evenings TV watching.

Bleedin' golf.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

G'wan the Tiger.

Tis the most frustrating sport in the world to play too. You line up the shot, get your swing right and bang, you slice it into a fuckin tree then have to wait another fifteen minutes for your next shot.

Completely overrated sport.

Tis the most frustrating sport in the world to play too. You line up the shot, get your swing right and bang, you slice it into a fuckin tree then have to wait another fifteen minutes for your next shot.

Completely overrated sport.

It most certainly isn't a sport.

It's a game.

Like Darts, and snooker.

Sport involves at least breaking a sweat.

I do enjoy these technical debates.

I got a bit of a laugh from this

It's the girls from yer man's office yesterday.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/euro_2008/7461166.stm

• Advertisement

Yeah apparently Gary Lineker blamed 'Rafael van der FART' for it on the Beeb.

Yeah apparently Gary Lineker blamed 'Rafael van der FART' for it on the Beeb.

It's, erm, in the video I just posted.

DesF wrote: »
    It's, erm, in the video I just posted.

My apologies Des. Unfortunately the videos are blocked for me in work so I was just going on the caption and a story I read earlier on F365.

Golf may not fall into Des' catagory of wat a "sport" is, but i think its unfair to say golfers arent athletes, maybe in the past it was fair, but modern golfers have fitness regimes like any other athletes, look at how much Tiger has built himself up since he burst on the scene in 1997. There is a whole generation of golfers woods,garcia,scott,rose,donald,casey et all who have changed the game and the levels of fitness/strenght required to play in it.

xavi, because you are **** at it doesnt make it a **** sport/game! :)

i used to play golf as a kid des, and plan on starting to play again, do you now hate me? :(

but modern golfers have fitness regimes
    Modern Dart players have fitness regimes.

15-11-2007-16-13-28.jpg

i used to play golf as a kid des,
    Of course you did, you live on a hill with a Golf pitch on it. :rolleyes:

and plan on starting to play again, do you now hate me? :(

What do you mean now?:confused:

I wouldn't say I'm shit at golf. Decent off the tee (can drive about 240 if I connect right), good on the green but absolutely horrendous on the fairway. Topping the ball ftw!

It is an awfully boring thing to watch though. Could never sit through the Masters or any of that.

Some tournaments are better to watch than others, Open, Masters, Matchplay championships, Players Championships at Sawgrass and obviously the Ryder Cup are all really good to watch a lot of the time imo.

If you're topping the ball on the fairway its cause you're taking your head up too early :)

Des; i mean because usually you love me :)

I've only ever played three full rounds of goal in my life and they were on three different continents - Europe, Australia and America. I'm not playing another one til I hit Asia.

Modern Dart players have fitness regimes.

15-11-2007-16-13-28.jpg
    "Less than a year ago, 31 stone Andy Fordham was rushed to hospital after suffering from chest pains and breathing problems prior to competing at the World Darts Championship.

Fordham had 18 litres of fluid drained from his lungs and was in hospital for three weeks. However, things went from bad to worse for the 2004 BDO champion when he suffered a minor stroke a day after his release."

18 litres, still can't believe that bit :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭IrishMike

It is an awfully boring thing to watch though. Could never sit through the Masters or any of that.

Xavi your problem is you obviously dont drink enough!!!!!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

I wouldn't say I'm shit at golf. Decent off the tee (can drive about 240 if I connect right), good on the green but absolutely horrendous on the fairway. Topping the ball ftw!

Drive for show, putt for dough.

Golf is a great game and a fantastic day out with a couple of mates. Anyone who says its **** either hasn't played or didn't play long enough to get a couple of good shots played - once you start making decent shots its addictive as.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭DeadSkin

Feckin' hate the par 5's tho'. Par 3's all the way :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

It's cricket that wrecks my head. How the hell can you have a match that lasts for about seven years and then at the end, when it starts to rain you just call it a draw and head home. I mean, teams have been knocked out of World Cup's because it started raining!! F*cking cricket!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

Golf is great because it gives you an reason to sit in fornt of the TV all day and drink. Most sports only last an hour and half two hours, Golf gives you nearly a full day to drink.

monkey9 wrote: »
    It's cricket that wrecks my head. How the hell can you have a match that lasts for about seven years and then at the end, when it starts to rain you just call it a draw and head home. I mean, teams have been knocked out of World Cup's because it started raining!! F*cking cricket!!!!!!

Cricket is an amazing game tbh.

Especially the One-Day version.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭DeadSkin

Daft alright!! FFS they break for tea & lunch, jessies!!!!

Now there is a crappy sport. Although I hate to admit it when I was in Australia I actually found myself getting into the ashes. Mainly for two reasons, it was on the TV in work so if you pretended to be interested you got away with doing less work, and secondly because England got beaten real bad.

Cricket is an amazing game tbh.

Especially the One-Day version.

You are now dead to me des!

we should organise a soccer forum boards.ie golf day out :cool:

Protestant hurling ? I think not!!!!
    How about we all just go on the complete piss?

• Advertisement

Trying to organise any kind of Soccer meet up is a bleedin' nightmare.

Good luck to you.
    IrishMike wrote: »
    Protestant hurling ?
    Rofl

How about we all just go on the complete piss?

Here you go

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭pvt.joker

kryogen wrote: »
    maybe you can jerk each other off on the way

:D

Ill go but i aint talking to no cricket lover ;););)

pain in the gee to organise, Des gave it a valiant effort but it seems to have fallen down the agenda with people around here.

best thing imo to get it off the ground would be get a group of a small group to commit to it, pick a venue time date etc, and then just throw up a thread "
    *insert posters names* are going on the piss *insert venue* on the *inset date* at *insert time*, hope to see you all there!

I went on the piss last night and am still twisted, does that count?

Des and Alan are going on the piss in The Porterhouse Central on Friday 1st August after work, hope to see you all there.

How is that?

I went on the piss last night and am still twisted, does that count?

No, but good effort anyway. Now go drunkenly hit on your co-workers.

:) perfect :)

although not mad on the porterhouse!

No, but good effort anyway. Now go drunkenly hit on your co-workers.

Hittin on them all mornin!
    Ya you do!!!!!!!!
    ****ing hate those coppers stamps, cant get the damn thing off my hand.

Des im there (was there last night too!)

:) perfect :)

although not mad on the porterhouse!

Suggest a venue then, and I'll make the thread.

• Advertisement

Des and Alan and Mike are going on the piss in The Venue Alan Wants on Friday 1st August after work, hope to see you all there.

:) thanks betty!

:) thanks betty!

Well, come on with the suggestion already.

woolshed?

emmmmm i dont know, you're putting me on the spot! :(

woolshed?

emmmmm i dont know, you're putting me on the spot! :(
    I'm a bit meh on the Woolshed tbh.

Here are some other options.

Messrs Maguire O'Connell Bridge, it's decent for a chat, music isn't too loud, good €4 house beers, central in Dublin.

Porterhouse Central Suffolk Street, music is louder as the night goes on, GREAT beer selection, central in Dublin.

Grand Central O'Connell Street, seems decent enough for a chat, may be a bit "poncy", central in Dublin.

The Bank Dame Street, quiet enough, people wear suits, central in Dublin.

Czech Inn Temple Bar, great beers at €3.50 a pop, eastern european women, near Zaytoon (drool), Central in Dublin

Any of them take anyone's fancy?

We've had pretty successful BGRH beers in some of those places.

'Xavi will be drinking in whatever boozer is going between Feb 6th and Feb 27th 2009'. Now, there's a good 7 months notice so stick it in your diaries. Oh and cricket ftw.
    Posted via Mobile Device

Czech Inn Temple Bar, great beers at €3.50 a pop, eastern european women, near Zaytoon (drool), Central in Dublin

We have a winner i reckon :)

We have a winner i reckon :)

ok so.

Is Aug 1st ok?

yea should be grand.

how sad is it that Zaytoon is wat caught my eye there and not the eastern european women?! :D

• Advertisement

How about we have it opening day of the season, or charity shield or something. It is a soccer forum after all.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement